Disruptive kundalini and resulting insomnia

namaste

Hi.My name is Alex.Resently by doing some yoga practices I have awakened kundalini.Unfortunately I am experiencing kundalini syndrome.The biggest problem i have is insomnia.I haven’t slept for a month now.Does anyone know what can i do about it?I really don’t want to take any medications or supplements that will further complicate the procces of kundalini awakening.Thanks

Sorry, I don’t have personal experience to be of help here. But there are quite a few resources on the internet, for example: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html and http://kundalini.se/eng/engstrat.html
You could also ask your yoga teacher to refer you to someone who has experience in guiding people with kundalini awakenings.

Mula, this therapist, Ravi Dykema, lives in my community and it very well regarded. Here is his website and contact info: http://www.kundaliniproblems.com/kundalini_energy_ravi_dykema.htm.

All the best,
Nichole

Please see the person who has been instructing your training.

If there is no sound teacher working with you please discontinue the practices creating the issue and find a sound teacher.

The raising of kundalini energy in a body unprepared (over the span of years of practice) can be very dangerous.

Sorry, but how can you be so sure that you have awakened Kundalini?

[QUOTE=Pandara;19039]Sorry, but how can you be so sure that you have awakened Kundalini?[/QUOTE]

I can see the intensity of colors.I am hearing buzzing in my ears.I can smell something that is miles away.And the most serious is that i experience levitation of my astral body.It feels as if all the stones of the ground come into my head.Its all beautiful but they come with anxiety and insomnia.

Can you describe the anxiety you feel?

The insomnia is understandable. My question is: do you feel tired?

[QUOTE=David;19044]Can you describe the anxiety you feel?

The insomnia is understandable. My question is: do you feel tired?[/QUOTE]

My body is exhausted.But i don’t actually feel the exhaustion.I can only feel it whenever i take some xanax to finnally get some sleep and when i wake up the next morning, I feel in touch with my body, feeling the exhaustion.Its like i am not really in touch with my body,exept when i get some sleep.The anxiety is not like a normal kind of anxiety.I dont know, it feels like I am on cocaine all day.I dont know if you have ever seen dragonball where goku is transforming into super sayan and rocks from the ground start to levitate?it’s exactly the same feeling! Its madness

On September 25th of this past year I wrote the following:

Someone point out a mammal (besides humans) to me that is constantly on the go. I can’t think of any. All mammals take time for stillness and rest… except humans. No, I’m not talking sleep. I’m talking about restful stillness where you aren’t doing anything other than being.

I recently let go of an illusion I was living. Letting go of this illusion has allowed me to explore a place where I don’t feel much. I’ve been laying a lot on my couch lately. Not feeling, not thinking, just being there. A western doctor might say I was depressed based upon my actions as of late. But as someone who has experienced depression, it’s not that. When I’m in this space, I don’t feel happy. I don’t feel joy. I don’t feel fear.

And my body heals.

And then when I DO do something, I have the energy and focus to do it with passion and presence.

I’m no longer numb to my exhaustion. As such, I’m no longer exhausted.
Is any of this applicable to you? I have no idea. If it stirs movement within, then read below. If not, pay no attention to me or my words.

If you were meant to be sleeping, you would be sleeping. Sit with your anxiety in stillness. Sit with your exhaustion in stillness. Don’t label them, just feel them. They may not be what you think they are; allow space for them to transform. Sometimes our mind labels that which is doesn’t understand or forgot about, as being bad when it is anything but.

thanks mate!I know what you mean and that’s probably the best thing someone can do although i dont know how much the human body can last without sleep.I mean even colic baby’s get over it at some point and fall asleep:p

Just remember that I may be full of it :slight_smile: In the end, I have no idea what has transpired with you. Kundalini awakening, Kundalini disruption, stroke, touched by an angel, ate too much cheesewhiz on a pop tart.

All I know is that for MYSELF, as I’ve evolved and matured, I’ve had to ask myself, “Am I doing this out of necessity or out of habit?” “Am I labeling this as bad when it is in fact good?” “What would happen if the caterpillar freaked out while transforming in the cocoon?” and then feel my way to the answer.

I know that my mind does not know the answer as it is only a computer that regurgitates the past. I can’t think my way to the answer because the answer is something new that I have no existing neural connections for. I can only [I][B]feel[/B][/I] my way.

Mula,

Could you explain us what your yogic practices consist in?

They consisted of several asanas, mudras, pranayama and meditation teqniques.The where actually a combination of all this.A combination of practices to awaken each chakra given by swami satyanada saraswati in the book “Bridge of higher conciousness” by Dr. Motoyama

I’ve also practiced satyananda yoga…
Could you give more details please?

ajna chakra awakening:1.sit in siddasana,chin mudra,eyes gently closed,practise mula banda 10min.2.Adjust breath with perineum constraction for 50 breaths.3.Consentration on ajna imagining absorption of prana beetween eyebrows chanting “om” for 1hour

muladhara:1.sit in vajrasana,eyes at the tip of the nose for 20 min.2 attention to perineum constracting it for 40 min.

svadhistana:1.siddhasana,chin mudra,2.klechari mudra, jalandhara banha 3.shalabhasana

manipura:1.prana and apana unified in the navel area 2.manduki kriya(trakata,uddiyana banha,nauli kriya)

anahata:ajapa-napa with mantra so-ham

vishuddi:spinal breathhing, viparita karani mudra

Too things are very important and should be taken seriously:One must first awaken the ajna chakra and if for example you want to awaken vishuddi you must first practice a small piece of each lower chakra exersices

But if you want to procced with this I really recommend you to purchase the book “Bridge to higher consciousness” which has complete instructions for tthe teqniques

Very similar to the chakra activation program from Kundalini Tantra of Sw. Satyananda (Yoga Publications Trust).

Did you practice any other sadhanas before?

Mula,

The rising of Kundalini or the awakening of shakti has three specific locations and the rising follow a specific path and the rising of Kundalini has three specific waves, the first being blissful consciousness, the second being the wave of supreme bliss and the last one being the wave of absolute consciousness or bliss. When anxiety is part of it I would implore you to please go to your teacher as this is an indication that you experience one of the many vikalpas (various thoughts or fantasies of which anxiety is but one). This anxiety usually arise due to the clining to the concept of duality in this elevated state when you should in fact harbour no idea of “other”.

Alex,
Do you truly consider the book to have “complete instructions” when it doesn’t offer you what to do now, in your specific situation?

My kind recommendation to you, is to get the situation properly recognized by someone who has the training and authority to “diagnose” and to assist you in righting the situation as you both see appropriate. There is no member currently on this board who can offer you this with the proper authority. David has offered you his personal experience, which is very helpful for context and companionship, but be careful not loose the details of [I]your[/I] experiences that you [I]do not share[/I] with him in your efforts to note all the similarities. Working with someone, like Ravi Dykema, will help you get and keep a complete picture of what is happening.

Please, get some reliable help so that you are at the least getting some healthy, self-reflection in your current self-treatment. We all need these things, not solely those who have gotten themselves into a pickle. Using a book to attempt to awaken Kundalini–>doing the listed practices both incompletely and incorrectly and without an authorized teacher–>unconfirmed, self diagnosis of Kundalini awakening–>using prescription pharmaceuticals to treat resulting insomnia–> …and these are just a few items that I can piece together from your posts, both in this thread and in the others that you have posted here on the forum. From what I can see, you are not showing us that you are able to utilize your highest faculties of judgment, so I think that it is also unlikely that you could navigate and create your own highest-serving treatment alone. With your best interest at heart, and as recommended by IA and Pandara, I hope that you will seek out some skilled guidance to get you back to where you want to be.

Wishing you the best,
Nichole

You’re receiving some very heartfelt advice here, this is one of the things I love about this forum. We’re all going to have differing opinions and experiences which also shape our responses to you. I personally take a much more lighthearted approach to all of this as I feel you wouldn’t be having this experience if you weren’t meant to, and as long as you’re having it, why not enjoy the hell out of it? The best laugh I had in a long, long time was when I realized this is all just an experience and that attaching anything to it was pointless. Boy howdy do we all want to figure out and label exactly what’s going on though :slight_smile: And I can only speak of myself here, but anything I try and label, diagnose, or explain is inevitably wrong. I’m so full of BS, it’s hilarious!

In the end, this is a personal journey and the world is here to set us free. If you’re ready for a guru, the universe will provide that guru. I read that a few years ago and didn’t believe it, yet that’s what transpired for me. I always thought I would be strong enough to face anything I experienced and wanted to explore alone. I was wrong :smiley:

In the end, do what feels right and enjoy it. Easier said that done, but doable.

hugs

[QUOTE=Pandara;19062]Mula,

The rising of Kundalini or the awakening of shakti has three specific locations and the rising follow a specific path and the rising of Kundalini has three specific waves, the first being blissful consciousness, the second being the wave of supreme bliss and the last one being the wave of absolute consciousness or bliss. When anxiety is part of it I would implore you to please go to your teacher as this is an indication that you experience one of the many vikalpas (various thoughts or fantasies of which anxiety is but one). This anxiety usually arise due to the clining to the concept of duality in this elevated state when you should in fact harbour no idea of “other”.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pandara.That was very enlightening.As far as you know are there any specific ways to deal with this vikalpa?