Hijackers of the Holy KRIYA YOGA

See what I mean now Seeking :wink:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;76939]See what I mean now Seeking ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes. I really hope ths person arrives at a more sane and peaceful place. I am done with this thread it is not productive.

When accusing one should offer the story of their experience at the very least or proof to back up such horrible things they are writting about others.

I may start two threads of my own that are of use to someone seeking kriya and invite others to comment on the good they have found citing their own life stories they have lived in the one

The other would be for thse who have been duped or let down and their life stories of how it occured.

I really want to learn real Kriya one day and that is my motivation, it was my motivation for getting envolved with this thread to begin with but all I have discovered is one big fluffy bun. In the meantime I have something very good from KYI, but something is telling me this is just not quite it.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;76869]In which case we are saying the same thing :slight_smile:

I am also a formally initiated Kriyaban, though I do not really consider myself a part of the Kriya Yoga international fellowship, because I don’t really believe in the Kriya Yoga as taught by them. I do not doubt the power of the techniques, because the techniques are tried and tested throughout the ages, and in fact do not come from Kriya Yoga, but from the Tantra tradition. Kriya Yoga is basically Tantra yoga, something Swami Satyananda, the founder of the Bihar school of Yoga recogized, hence calling his Kriya Yoga Kriya Tantra Yoga.

The Kriya Yoga taught by the Kriya Yoga internationa/SRF organization is basically a modern myth, drawing from Eastern and Western traditions. The idea of Ascended Masters, like Babaji which float about in the ether teaching, helping and initating people on Earth does not appear anywhere in the Yoga tradition. It appears in new-age theosophical writings.

Other material found in Kriya Yoga such as the anatomy of the brain and correspondences with Yogic concepts(like bindu, kutshta) are again modern formulations. There is nothing about the anatomy of the brain in the Yoga tradition.

Other material like Kriya Yoga timelines based on the 26,000 year old cycle referring to the precession of the equinox is also a modern formulation.

The notion that Jesus Christ was initiated by Babaji, and trying to reinterpret Christianity to reconcile it with Hinduism is obviously clearly modern.

Kriya Yoga as taught by Kriya Yoga international is not an ancient tradition, it is a new-age modern tradition. I simply look past the myths, and just focus on the techniques. No doubt about the techniques, they work, that is why ‘Kriya Yoga’ included them in its routine. There is nothing original about the techniques, they are all taken from the Tantra tradition and older Yogic methods.[/QUOTE]

True yoga is tantra. The mind controls the energy.
The word kryia I have found in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and of course the lineage schools who have associated themselves with the figures known as babaji and Shyama Charan Lahiri.

The concept of “ascended masters” is alluded to in several places of the yogic shastras. The term might be “New Agey” but the underlying concept is as old as time.

“and other great adepts having broken the scepter of death are roaming free in the universe.” HYP

“attachment is the cause for the remanifestation of the Devas and those who become merged in Nature.” YS

These beings some of them, stick around to help out, not currently endowed with a physical form they can however make themselves seen or noticed.

[QUOTE=omshanti;76897]Hello everyone, I am writing this in order to clarify some things here, mainly things that have been assumed/asserted about me from a state of ignorance.

I find most of you venomous and toxic, riddled with addictive behavior and other psychological problems.

For the few that remain as they were in childhood, I speak to you and you only. Burn in hell blind naysayers and violators of innocence!

I have told you old fools before that there exist relatively physically young beings that possess spiritual insight and ?powers? since birth/conception ? especially when the fetal and spiritual memory has not been erased by some trauma.

I was going to stop posting on this forum, but I continue to write for the unadulterated youth. Rest assured I have my ?audience? and they will not be going anywhere any time soon.

I experienced a radical change in my brain and CNS while meditating/concentrating my awareness into my brain; I am not going to go into detail because I do not want to be ridiculed by the obsessive ppl that troll this thread.

I went around and studied or spent time with numerous people that claimed to have experienced similar things during their mediation. They all dressed in some sort of distinguished garb and often had a very synthetically derived ?calming? personality peppered with a very basic sense of humor.

But I was not looking for a comedian ? I was looking for a wise man. A holy-man. A saint. Someone that can actually really understand what I?ve been through and what I have seen.

One by one, every yoga school I investigated had truth at its core, but it was engulfed by a disgusting buildup of ignorance (people blindly following in cult fashion) and lies.

Soon I saw that there is indeed a strange curse that infects any being claiming to ?teach? or ?know? the entirety of this ancient holy practice called yoga. The teachers and so-called ?gurus? were possessed by mental demons, often giving into corrupting temptations (sexual misconduct, brainwashing, allowing students to worship you etc.)

In addition to witnessing the corruption of these teachers, I was constantly appalled by the petty and materialistic nature of most of their students. I noticed many are drawn to yoga because they are in some desperate search for the ultimate security blanket and/or they were looking to get ?high? without the use of drugs.

All in all, I just felt sad for all of the weaklings that were being taken advantage by these boisterous guru-types and self-appointed experts. Everyone deserves the true strength and happiness that is sometimes stimulated by yoga techniques.
[/QUOTE]

Personally I have found it problematic for me as a human being to judge people. I can’t do it fully and right so I refrain from it. I did enjoy your post, and think you make valid points but I found it tinged with disgust. I don’t think that helps you.

[QUOTE=Seeking;76941]Yes. I really hope ths person arrives at a more sane and peaceful place. I am done with this thread it is not productive.

When accusing one should offer the story of their experience at the very least or proof to back up such horrible things they are writting about others.

I may start two threads of my own that are of use to someone seeking kriya and invite others to comment on the good they have found citing their own life stories they have lived in the one

The other would be for thse who have been duped or let down and their life stories of how it occured.

I really want to learn real Kriya one day and that is my motivation, it was my motivation for getting envolved with this thread to begin with but all I have discovered is one big fluffy bun. In the meantime I have something very good from KYI, but something is telling me this is just not quite it.[/QUOTE]

In KYI and other splinter groups of SRF, Ananda etc the techniques are taught gradually in sets. In the first initiation the beginner techniques are taught, including the main ones Kriya Pranayama, Maha Mudra and Charkra Dharana. These techniques are in themselves considered sufficient to bring one to the ultimate state. In later initiation more techniques are taught like Navi Kriya and Jyotir Mudra, Anahata listening. The techniques are kept secret, but unfortunately they cannot stop their ex-disciples from revealing from online and in books, so you can find them if you want.

Alternatively, you can find all these techniques and more if you read the publications of the Bihar School of Yoga. I have many books from them which contain dozens of powerful techniques, “Sure ways to self realization” “Dharana Darshana” “Asanas, Mudras and Pranayamas” and their translation of “Sri Vijnana Bhariava Tantra” which contains a hundred different dharana/meditation techniques. You will find all the Yoga techniques from the ages documented in their books. There is no need to join any super-secret cult.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;76950]In KYI and other splinter groups of SRF, Ananda etc the techniques are taught gradually in sets. In the first initiation the beginner techniques are taught, including the main ones Kriya Pranayama, Maha Mudra and Charkra Dharana. These techniques are in themselves considered sufficient to bring one to the ultimate state. In later initiation more techniques are taught like Navi Kriya and Jyotir Mudra, Anahata listening. The techniques are kept secret, but unfortunately they cannot stop their ex-disciples from revealing from online and in books, so you can find them if you want.

Alternatively, you can find all these techniques and more if you read the publications of the Bihar School of Yoga. I have many books from them which contain dozens of powerful techniques, “Sure ways to self realization” “Dharana Darshana” “Asanas, Mudras and Pranayamas” and their translation of “Sri Vijnana Bhariava Tantra” which contains a hundred different dharana/meditation techniques. You will find all the Yoga techniques from the ages documented in their books. There is no need to join any super-secret cult.[/QUOTE]

Super Secret Cults not thanks. I distrust Organizations as it is. Surprisingly KYI does not bug me to death for donations etc… that does speak well of them. The books are a welcome bit of advice. Thanks.

the truth is there is no difference between kriya, tantra, and other yogas. it is super general and actually the techniques happen to you when you are in meditation. every single person that calls it “kriya yoga” is piggybacking off of the Autobiography of a Yogi fame. that is all. just a bunch of stories. [B]Lahiri Mahashaya was a genius-Yogi and has nothing at all to do with all of these sub-divisions and cults.[/B]

Here is a good pdf on kriya that presents it in a very clear and concise manner. It is from yoga niketan…

http://www.yoganiketan.net/swami-satyananda-giri/kriya-quotes/home.html

[QUOTE=omshanti;77130]the truth is there is no difference between kriya, tantra, and other yogas. it is super general and actually the techniques happen to you when you are in meditation. every single person that calls it “kriya yoga” is piggybacking off of the Autobiography of a Yogi fame. that is all. just a bunch of stories. [B]Lahiri Mahashaya was a genius-Yogi and has little to do with all of these sub-divisions and cults.[/B][/QUOTE]

Change of tact it is much better, I think you were trying to be helpful but really people will find things out on their own and warning people sometimes makes them seek exactly what you are telling them not to.

As others have said Kriya is just a grouping of certain methods. True methods do not rely on belief or faith they work because they work and you are quit correct about them occuring on their own during meditation.

In the past many of the techniques I have learned did happen on their own and still do, but I will say being instructed helps quite a bit.

Omshanti please consider obtaining initiation trough Kriya Yoga International. I assure you the kriya pranayama is much different than what others teach. They have a very nice group of methods that are well integrated and makea nice harmoneous whole.

Most of them you know, some are really not needed but overall it is very good.

No I am not saying buy the whole story unless you like it, and for heavens sake I am not saying go guru shopping I am certain you are done with that. I say give it a try you might find some good in it, I know I did.

I would not consider anyone a Guru unless they could pass the test. I have yet to meet anyone that can enter the breathless state for prolonged periods of time nor impart a Samadhi to another.

As far as what Lahiri Mahasaya taught originally who knows, I do suspect he taught what a student needed in person rather than a formula, I also suspect no one living is really teaching what he taught becase of this and human nature to change and attempt to improve on things.

[QUOTE=omshanti;77130]the truth is there is no difference between kriya, tantra, and other yogas. it is super general and actually the techniques happen to you when you are in meditation. every single person that calls it “kriya yoga” is piggybacking off of the Autobiography of a Yogi fame. that is all. just a bunch of stories. [B]Lahiri Mahashaya was a genius-Yogi and has nothing at all to do with all of these sub-divisions and cults.[/B]

Here is a good pdf on kriya that presents it in a very clear and concise manner. It is from yoga niketan…

http://www.yoganiketan.net/swami-satyananda-giri/kriya-quotes/home.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

LOL

As the Super Genius I am, thanks to the Genius of Lord, I’m quite sure you will laugh. But then . . . there is the truth & then comes silence. It’s cool. “They” know who I be.

all I can encourage is

SELF REALIZTION
the box is for animals once you pass -

Give them your understandng . . .

then comes the totality, then comes the understanding

then come the me

I came across a site with a long diatribe apparently by Swami Satyeswarananda declaiming yogananda, his behavior, and most troubling, his brand of Kriya. Any info on him?

[QUOTE=Dr Baba;77551]I came across a site with a long diatribe apparently by Swami Satyeswarananda declaiming yogananda, his behavior, and most troubling, his brand of Kriya. Any info on him?[/QUOTE]

I just finished reading his Book Kriya finding the true path. Sateyeswarananda’s comments on the Kriya being taught in an altered fashion P.Y. are valid

1.Talabiya Kriya and Kechari are omitted.
2.Navi Kriya is not taught.
3.Kriya Pranayama is simplified and altered.
4.Yoni Mudra was renamed Jyoti and altered so people practicing could see light by pressing on the meridians which is accomplishing nothing as it is not inner light being seen.
4.SRF and YSS both teach outside of the Paramaguru tradition. The forming of groups around Kriya was forbidden by the founder of Kriya.

So when you sum all of this up and then back it up with evidence of knowledge yes I do believe this Author is merely speaking the truth and letting people know the score if this seems like a long diatribe there is good reason for it.

Read the book if you want more evidence there are pictures in it and documents backing up the authors reports, furthermore he relates events he was eyewitness too and the Bengali happenings and elsewhere concerning how the organizations in India were ran and the interference by Westerners after P.Y. left the body. one heck of an eye opener.

I too would like to know more about this person.

Seeker-
it sounds like your are practicing the more comprehensive Kriya the author i referenced was describing. How did you become initiated? I have been a follower of P.Y. for about 15 years, and practicing PY’s form of kriya, although i confess i did fall away from practice for some time. I realize that the goal is God and kriya only the path, and it is God that i want, but so many describe kriya as the fastest, most direct approach. So of course i’m very interested in learning more.
Also-anyone know anything about (Hamsa Yogi) Gurunath Siddhanath?

[QUOTE=Dr Baba;77562]Seeker-
it sounds like your are practicing the more comprehensive Kriya the author i referenced was describing. How did you become initiated? I have been a follower of P.Y. for about 15 years, and practicing PY’s form of kriya, although i confess i did fall away from practice for some time. I realize that the goal is God and kriya only the path, and it is God that i want, but so many describe kriya as the fastest, most direct approach. So of course i’m very interested in learning more.
Also-anyone know anything about (Hamsa Yogi) Gurunath Siddhanath?[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a message feel free to Message me so we do not hijack this thread.

how do i retrieve message? Just found this forum today…

don’t know yet how to retrieve messages. Just found this forum today. Where is your message?

Take a look in your profile.

[QUOTE=nandumr;76672]Sri dharmendra vats guruji is a very sincere true kriya yogi.He is so simple he never reveals to public and he never mingles in public and always in a meditative mood.Great guruji.[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr.Nandu,

Can i get your contact details, from which lineage is this guruji from, just mail me at rajeshkowdlay@gmail.com

Those who are free from the constraints of actual Self-realization are allowed to say whatever comes the mind which is locked in duality. The reality of the Oneness of consciousness is often, not always as the only absolute is the Absolute, realized by seeing the sat-guru in all as It is in all. The last recognized incarnation of G-d used all the major world religions to realize the Self. Christianity and all faiths can be explained in the light of the Self. It is not the religion but the faith which sets the captive free. For a one to deny this is folly and says less about Paramahansa Ramakrisna than the mind of those who deny His practice and words of guidance.

The seeker sees reflections of the conditioned mind. Seek without judgment. There is the divine and the path to the divine. If the divine is not found, continue to seek techniques while restraining the mind from passing judgments. All is perfect according to capacity of the vision to see.