Hijackers of the Holy KRIYA YOGA

to know a guru well you need to ask him : whos your guru and whos the guru of your guru ? ( parampara = lineage transmission) and ask from what tradition he learned

if him tell you : “im guru by myself,”," i found a new tradition" and if their gurus guru nobody know , probably hes a lier

SRF is fake , sorry , also paramahansa yogananda isnt serius yogi… just show off bussiness ’ merchant spirituality’ be aware , mostly famous hijack steal tecnics from hatha yoga tradition and give it new name proclaming thats ‘most ancient and secret and bla bla bla’

theres only 1 hatha yoga

‘krya yoga’ thats bullshit , he learned some shat karmas kryas tecnics from traditional hatha yoga, and make new artificial interpretation of it

want the real stuff ? read the classic hatha yoga shastras… Hatha Yoga Pradipika ,Gheranda Samhita, Goraksha Shataka ,Goraksha Paddhati ,Gorakhbodh , yoga sutra, shiva samhita…

nath ji you are so right about SRF being fake and Yogananda being in the show off business, merchant spirituality. Unfortunately, merchant spirituality abounds.Today, there is no shortage of peddlers selling “kriya yoga.” Perhaps they are aware of its profitability as Yogananda set the stage for it here in the West.

Myself, I most definitely want the real stuff. Kriya yoga is not some ancient, mystical practice that these teachers/peddlers try to make it out to be. Yogananda peddled it as being “the airplane route to god.” Great marketing on his part.

Yoga sutras in my opinion is the real classic yoga, so is Hatha Yoga Pradipika. I have not read any of the other titles you mentioned.

even as the O.P. is. No one will find anything of value here. Don’t waste your time with it. I wish I never found this thread. All it is, is full of is people who have failed and know it all’s that could not find their ass with both hands and a GPS.

[QUOTE=Seeking;79712]even as the O.P. is. No one will find anything of value here. Don’t waste your time with it. I wish I never found this thread. All it is, is full of is people who have failed and know it all’s that could not find their ass with both hands and a GPS.[/QUOTE]

you arent satisfied of what you are reciving ? try to change something… but dont reflect your experience into others :evil: …i can say by myself I am embodyment of truth , my seeking is over and i not failed , also i share the eficient keys of original and traditional yogi path , do a research by yourself, go to himalayas and check by yourself “if these keys open some doors” :wink:

I am shiva himself

ALAHK NIRANJAM !

[QUOTE=Lavendar;79711]nath ji you are so right about SRF being fake and Yogananda being in the show off business, merchant spirituality. Unfortunately, merchant spirituality abounds.Today, there is no shortage of peddlers selling “kriya yoga.” Perhaps they are aware of its profitability as Yogananda set the stage for it here in the West.

Myself, I most definitely want the real stuff. Kriya yoga is not some ancient, mystical practice that these teachers/peddlers try to make it out to be. Yogananda peddled it as being “the airplane route to god.” Great marketing on his part.

Yoga sutras in my opinion is the real classic yoga, so is Hatha Yoga Pradipika. I have not read any of the other titles you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

so read it… if you dont ever heard about any of these shastras … you never met a qualified yogi, teacher that could share you the real hatha yoga path =p so here it is go ahead, research and think by yourself

[QUOTE=nath ji;79715]you arent satisfied of what you are reciving ? try to change something… but dont reflect your experience into others :evil: …i can say by myself I am embodyment of truth , my seeking is over and i not failed , also i share the eficient keys of original and traditional yogi path , do a research by yourself, go to himalayas and check by yourself “if these keys open some doors” :wink:

I am shiva himself

ALAHK NIRANJAM ![/QUOTE]

Lol you are funny. Goodbye Troll. Morgan by any other name just sayin :smiley:

nath ji

Congrats on attaining the shiva state. No, I did not meet a qualified yogi teacher that could share the real hatha path. What I met was an egotistical, and materialistic peddler selling his version of kriya yoga.

I know, I have always thought for myself.

I am referring to the SRF/Yogananda organization and its offshoot group started by Donald J Walters. These are my opinions based on the involvement I had with these organizations.

Seeking, sorry you are upset by all of this. One thing I do know is I don’t need 2 hands and a GPS to find my ass and I seriously doubt anyone else does! :wink:

[QUOTE=Lavendar;79722]I am referring to the SRF/Yogananda organization and its offshoot group started by Donald J Walters. These are my opinions based on the involvement I had with these organizations.

Seeking, sorry you are upset by all of this. One thing I do know is I don’t need 2 hands and a GPS to find my ass and I seriously doubt anyone else does! ;)[/QUOTE]

I am not upset by any of this. What I am is tired.

Tired of interacting in foolish threads posted by foolishly acting people and interacting with these foolishly acting people and there insane attempts to sound superior and lofty and pretend they are psychic and know all about other people. Such abject silliness, this is all mind turned outwards.

Even my writing this is just mind turned outwards and ego responding to ego this I does not need to continue developing ego by posting on these boards and interacting with other equally foolish ego’s.

So the only thing left to do is “NOT TO DO” Good bye yoga forums this site is full of much foolishness and bad will.

good bye

[QUOTE=Seeking;79743]I am not upset by any of this. What I am is tired.

Tired of interacting in foolish threads posted by foolishly acting people and interacting with these foolishly acting people and there insane attempts to sound superior and lofty and pretend they are psychic and know all about other people. Such abject silliness, this is all mind turned outwards.

Even my writing this is just mind turned outwards and ego responding to ego this I does not need to continue developing ego by posting on these boards and interacting with other equally foolish ego’s.

So the only thing left to do is “NOT TO DO” Good bye yoga forums this site is full of much foolishness and bad will.[/QUOTE]

The whole world is a reflection of the mind of the viewer: )

[QUOTE=essene22;79787]The whole world is a reflection of the mind of the viewer: )[/QUOTE]

yes thats true wisdon

"SRF is fake , sorry , also paramahansa yogananda isnt serius yogi… just show off bussiness ’ merchant spirituality’ be aware , mostly famous hijack steal tecnics from hatha yoga tradition and give it new name proclaming thats ‘most ancient and secret and bla bla bla’

theres only 1 hatha yoga

‘krya yoga’ thats bullshit , he learned some shat karmas kryas tecnics from traditional hatha yoga, and make new artificial interpretation of it"

Spoken like a true God realized, open hearted being, established in oneness consciousness.

Greetings. I joined this forum some time ago, but found it unfortunately to limited in it’s views with regards to certain aspects of spirituality - now by chance I happen to come back to these pages by way of some google searches and lo and behold; there seems to be some common knowledge about Kriya yoga missing.

In short:

i) K (short for Kriya) yoga is approximately 40.000 to 80.000 years old.

ii) It’s a secret set of practices (processes, sts) that used to be shared among groups of initiated yogis. Lahiri M and Swami S are among those that have made the techniques more widely known, but most advanced yogis know of certain aspects or similar techniques.

iii) It’s true that Yogananda’s book does seem to be a little too much of a Hollywood cast story line, btw written with assistance from another person. However, that should not take anything away from him or the LM tradition, but people tend to stick to what they are told and not what they experience.

iv) Without a substantial number of various K traditions, I don’t think there would be any point in having the K practices, since they all tend to address a wide variety of various subtle processes.

vi) Practicing K yoga is only one stage in the process of advanced yoga. At one point the more crude K ones should be disregarded, otherwise the advanced practitioner might not be able to live in our modern society, but would only be able to do well in complete or nearly complete isolation.

vi) K techniques cannot be discussed in open forums. They should obviously be taught and learned well, and from then on one should choose carefully as to whether to go deeper in to one tradition or the other.

vii) Even a less ‘good’ guru/teacher can teach somebody a substantial amount of very deep going techniques that will help that person immensely.

viii) The existence of certain Siddhas can’t be denied. Too many people have had experiences at some levels with them in order for them to be void of reality at the finer levels.

ix) Why call them names at all? In the states they are in it’s not a matter of what we call them, but of how well we do down here with the wisdom and knowledge they (among others) let us partake of.

x) How would I know? I practiced yoga since childhood, have had experiences of the presence of Siddhas from around the age of 20 as well as have been initiated into K yoga some 33 years ago. I don’t practice ‘formal’ K yoga anymore and I tend to see all the various claims of potentially competing lineages to be made more from a materialistic pov than from a spiritual.

xi) ‘God, Christ, Gurus’ as Yogananda proclaimed. You can have several teachers, but in the end they are just pointing a finger to the moon; you’ll have to do the work yourself to get there and/or just enjoy knowing the moon is there!

Hello,

As to point i): isn’t that assertion too audacious?

Lol why does it always sound like a sales pitch when someone has to point out how old something is? or is supposed to be? Does this give it instant validity? Does this make it somehow better?

I prefer new and improved over old and improvised any day.

As soon as I hear the word ancient used in conjunction with the word Yoga, specifically Kriya Yoga my first reaction is Oh Brother here we go again heres the wind up and we have the pitch.

The only thing more nauseating at this point is adding the term scientific right after it.

Please this is just so unnecessary.

I’m new to this forum. Actually, the only reason I signed up was to try and contact omshanti. I and some of my kriya friends have been to 4 or 5 of the so-called “gurus” listed (including trips to India), and we are still in search-mode.

If you are still out there, please send me a private message or let me know how to contact you. Thanks.

It’s obviously very difficult to assess the age of a secret tradition such as K yoga - though the point of doing it would be to compare it’s age with say the comparable age of the still living Aboriginal culture in present day Australia, that from some accounts and estimates I’ve read would be between 40.000 to 80.000 years old. The actual age set-up of K yoga that I mentioned previously comes from a teacher of mine who teaches the full set of K’s.

Before I expand on the subject though, let me just say that I have been briefing through the earlier pages of this thread again - and it just leaves me hoping for a more relaxed attitude to the subject to eventually prevail.

If you are an insider and initiated into ‘the tradition’, then your experiences by themselves will tell you a lot about how ‘old’ these techniques and states of minds are: it is in some respect as close as you can get to the ‘dream time’ consciousness of the aforementioned Aboriginal culture, i.e., K yoga stems from archaic cultic activities such as shamanism etc. Later on it changed it’s garments and became part of (probably) ascetic disciplines that nowadays goes by the name of yoga and tantra.

The Siddhas were either just humans that passed through these transformations and brought the knowledge with them out, or as some might would claim, were ‘more than human’ figures that came to earth with specific purposes.

Examples of modern day Siddhas would IMHO be - say - in the East; Shivabalayogi, and in the West; Bruno Gr?ning. Neither of these of course specifically practiced K yoga; Shivabalayogi meditated for 12 hours a day for 12 years and Bruno Gr?ning was a ‘natural born yogi’ with remarkable abilities that goes beyond description, still both men were extremely humble and selfeffacing - somewhat of a contrast to many of the self proclaimed ‘teachers’ of today’s spiritual garden party. Both possesed verifiable siddhis in abundance.

I mention these two figures just to indicate that even though K yoga does relate to the yoga traditions, the Siddha tradition also encompasses people from other cultures than the explicit Hindu, Jain and Budhhist tradition, again indicatiing that K’s (either taught or just naturally grasped) in the broader sense of the word should be seen as a cross cultural phenomenon.

In the National historic museum of my hometown there is an exhibit of an old Mongolese shaman with all his tools etc at hand. I happened to visit the museum one day in an altered state of mind and ‘studied’ the energies in that exhibit in some detail. I am not into shamanism at all, but that day I realized that his ‘art’ in some respect was K too.

I don’t really expect anyone to be interested in this diversion, [B]but you can [/B]be certain that this will be my last post in this Forum. I will stay on as a registered user only because it seems to be impossible to be deleted - and I will be happy to interact by way of pm’s. So long!

Interesting thread :slight_smile: