Hijackers of the Holy KRIYA YOGA

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;69761]As far as I know I cannot encounter anything called Kriya Yoga prior to Yogananda. The first mention in history of of Kriya Yoga comes from Yogananda. He apparently had a guru called Sri Yuketshar and Sri Yuketshar had a guru called Laharishi Mahasaya. There is no independent reference to Laharishi Mahasaya outside of Yogananda.[/QUOTE]

Let me give you another reference: Sw. Sivananda Saraswati taught his disciple Sw. Satyananda a series of KY techniques before the latter departed from the former’s ashram. Satyananda himself took further techniques from various sources later.

Also bear in mind that Tantra has always been mainly of oral transmission, from master to disciple.

I can go with that Panoramix, I know that the techniques of Kriya Yoga is basically from the Tantra Yoga tradition, in particular the late forms of Tantra like Hatha Yoga. Tantra itself is a medieval development.

However, what we know as Kriya Yoga today consists of a set of energy exercises which we know from Yogananda. You can find them scattered about in tantra lore, but Yogananda’s Kriya Yoga is the first one to develop them into a systematic routine. I understand Satyananda’s later also develops a systematic routine of Tantra Kriya Yoga, but it is likely because it is post-Yogananda, it has some influence from his Kriya Yoga.

mmmmmm… I don’t think Yogananda might have exerted influence on Satyanada.

The time elapsed between the former’s death and the latter’s initiation into KY is too short, some few years.

Kriya Yoga was heavily popularized by Yogananda in the West and India. Satayananda’s Kriya Yoga came after. So it is reasonable to think that his Kriya Yoga is influenced by Yogananda. Some of the techniques are done in exactly the same way as well.

I don’t share your view SD…

But it’s OK, I respect it…

I gathered that. My views are often just based on what is most reasonable. It is more reasonable to me that a Kriya Yoga system that comes after a highly popular one, will have influence by the former.

I tend not to buy into anecdotes that a super secret Kriya Yoga was revealed on the deathbed, or that such and lineage is the real and authentic one, but has remained secret all this time :smiley:

Hello all,

If you or any one you know is or has been mixed up in the guru mess, or have been confused/mislead by Dhamendra Vats, Arrya Mission Institution, Shibendu Lahiri, Self Realization Fellowship, Babaji’s Kriya Yoga (Canada), Sahaja Yoga, Himalayan Institute, Kundalini Yoga, Hathayoga, or any other variation thereof, please contact me at the email below. The yogic process is real and alive; it is the very core of your subtle self. There is no need to be confused or suspend your discrimination and intuition.

KRIYA@POPFIASCO.COM

OR

MORGAN@POPFIASCO.COM

(Reposted)

in my mind, false techiques include all that don’t bear the ultimate fruit of attaining enlightenment. in other words, all techniques, no matter how old, seem to be failing.

the purpose of kriya yog is to prepare the mind, emotions, body and spirit for kundalini awakening, samadhi, bliss, ectasy and everything else leading up to enlightenment.

we should preserve the mission of enlightenment for all humanity. debating which technique is best or most traditional or most holy is missing the point.

-dale

This pertains to certain individuals; not everyone. Your statements are irrelevant within this context. There is much more to kriya-yoga than merely preparing the mind, emotions, body and spirit for kundalini awakening, samadhi, bliss etc. Although those things are dealt with.

[QUOTE=omshanti;71167]This pertains to certain individuals; not everyone. Your statements are irrelevant within this context. There is much more to kriya-yoga than merely preparing the mind, emotions, body and spirit for kundalini awakening, samadhi, bliss etc. Although those things are dealt with.[/QUOTE]

only the ego tries to control the context within which others think about enlightenment and it’s means of attainment.

you are not the owner of kriya yog. it is a method, not an object. your ego has deceived you into thinking it is an object that should be worshiped.

Please let this transmission happen (without interference) for those that seek this specific information. I am not trying to own kriya-yoga or doing these things you radically assume. Feel free to start another thread about kriya yoga if you want. It is proper conduct within the understanding and context of an internet chat forum to respect these issues and begin a new thread.

[QUOTE=omshanti;71170]It is proper conduct within the understanding and context of an internet chat forum to respect these issues and begin a new thread.[/QUOTE]

it is proper conduct within the understanding and context of educating people about enlightenment to hold the truth as the highest priority.

Yes, but who are you speaking to? Who is not “holding the truth as the highest priority”?

[QUOTE=omshanti;71172]Yes, but who are you speaking to? Who is not “holding the truth as the highest priority”?[/QUOTE]

after 4 pages of discussion, the thread should have turned time and time again back towards the purpose of kriya yog: enlightenment. It is an enlightenment tradition, however, whosoever venerates the tradition above it’s purpose (enlightenment) is promoting a false version of the tradition.

furthermore, whether you’re venerating ‘channeled information transmissions,’ forum rules or anything else, it should always reflect the purpose and power of the thing; in this case, it should be enlightenment.

but it’s not. so what is it? what is the purpose of your thread?

It is a resource for specific individuals seeking the kriya-yoga teachings of Lahiri Mahahshay and Panchannon Bhattacharya.

It is not for everyone, and that is okay.

Font is ridiculous.

Your original message is simply fanatic. It is not because you have mentioned those people - I do not know who they are, they may or may not have been exploiting others for their own greed. But the fact is that just because somebody has homosexual relations with somebody else, or just because somebody may have been inspired enough by Jiddu Krishnamurti to repeat his words, or just because someobdy has sexual activity with a woman - this does not mean that they are not enlightened. That is your own arrogance, because you have certain fixed ideas as to how an enlightened being should be. I am not justifying what those people whom you have mentioned may or may not have done, I am referring to the fact that your way of measuring whether or not somebody is so called authentic or not is not addressing the central issue. You never bothered to ask whether or not these people have actually come to their enlightenment, whether they have come to know themselves, through and through. You simply remained focused on their external actions , not realizing that external actions by themselves have no quality of their own. If somebody is awakened, then with or without sex, he remains awake - sexual activity cannot destroy his illumination. Even if you kill somebody, still it will not destroy your enlightenment. I am not justifying violence, but if you are enlightened, then even the act of killing becomes compassionate and non-violent. Violence is not determined by your outer actions, but the quality of the mind. If you are just sitting silently in one place, you may not be doing any harm to anybody, but there is violence in your mind, then just the act of sitting becomes violent.

The truth is that unless you yourself become awakened, it will be impossible for you to even recognize another who has become awakened - that would be like somebody who is blind trying to see who is standing with open eyes and who is standing with closed eyes. In spiritual blindness, there is only darkness. Again, those gurus may or may not be frauds, but rather than being concerned with exposing them, it is far more effective that you awaken yourself. Exposing them will not be of any help. Not only may you be carrying your own prejudices and misunderstandings, but it will in fact only draw more attention to them, you are helping their publicity. Stop focusing on others, and enter deeper into yourself.

AmirMourad,

This is true, but this is irrelevant to the situation. These individuals happen to be homosexuals and proponents of certain philosophy/belief, but this does not render them “un-enlightened” - What ruins them is their corruption and abuse of power.

You do not know the details of my relationships with the accused persons. I asked all of these questions and so much more. You assume things and create situations in your imagination.

[quote=amirmourad;72234]
you simply remained focused on their external actions , not realizing that external actions by themselves have no quality of their own. [/quote]

Another one of your famous assumptions.

[quote=amirmourad;72234]
if somebody is awakened, then with or without sex, he remains awake - sexual activity cannot destroy his illumination. [/quote]

No one is arguing that sex itself destroys spirituality. Yet another assumption.

[quote=amirmourad;72234]
again, those gurus may or may not be frauds, but rather than being concerned with exposing them, it is far more effective that you awaken yourself. [/quote]

This is a subjective opinion. This is your opinion. Other people have different perceptions based on their personal experience.

[quote=amirmourad;72234]
exposing them will not be of any help. [/quote]

Another fallacy.

[quote=amirmourad;72234]
not only may you be carrying your own prejudices and misunderstandings, but it will in fact only draw more attention to them, you are helping their publicity. Stop focusing on others, and enter deeper into yourself.[/quote]

You have no idea who I am, how much time I focus on people, or how deep I am into my self.

“In spiritual blindness, there is only darkness.”

Any type of Blindness Is Darkness.

Amir’s view that the actions of an enlightened person can also kill, rape, murder, lust, maim seem to based on the view that enlightenment is only process based. That is an enlightened person can do any action, but the quality of the process is more clearer than an ordinary person. In previous posting he also made it clear that an enlightened person does everything an ordinary person does, except with perfect awareness, elegance, ease. This is the view of Amir has internalized, and it is clear to see from his videos through how he conducts himself, speaking slowly, enunciating his speech, slow deliberate gestures.

However, in Yoga there is no division between thought, speech and action. As are your thoughts, so is your speech and so are your actions. When there is a mismatch between thought, speech and action it creates conflicts and corrupts the flows of energy in the body. So if somebody is genuinely enlightened it means that at the level of thought they have cultivated the highest and virtuous mode of thinking(sattva), this in turn will reflect in their speech which will be soft and sweet, and in their actions which will be compassionate. It is simply inconceivable that they could be capable of anything like murder, rape, theft, lusting etc, because at the level of thought they have eradicated all such tendencies. Therefore, if somebody claiming to be enlightened is showing all these tendencies, it is safe to conclude that they are not enlightened.