Hijackers of the Holy KRIYA YOGA

Surya,

“Amir’s view that the actions of an enlightened person can also kill, rape, murder, lust, maim seem to based on the view that enlightenment is only process based.”

You have missed the point completely. What I said is that actions by themselves carry no quality of their own, it is the quality of the mind which determines one’s actions. Just as there is no humbleness in the act of bowing down, or stillness in the act of sitting silently, actions by themselves are simply superficial. It is completely certain that your actions will reflect your inner consciousness, but the same act which is done by one who is living out of awareness carries a totally different aroma than one who commits the same action out of unawareness. One is mechanical, robotic, lifeless - the other is filled with spontaneous vitality. Neither is there any absolute system of morality, what you consider “right” and “wrong” are just your own relative perceptions depending on your likes and dislikes, your identifications, the kind of society in which you have been raised - it is determined by so many factors. There is another kind of morality which happens out of a communion of your consciousness with existence, but it has nothing to do with these fixed doctrines of what is right or wrong, good or bad, should or should not be done - it comes from a far more vital intelligence.

“It is simply inconceivable that they could be capable of anything like murder”

Tell me, is it possible to live on this planet without killing a single creature ?

“theft”

There used to be a Zen master who used to steal all kinds of things. And he would always steal things like a single shoe, some fruit in the marketplace, things which are not of much harm to anybody. He would go to jail quite often, and everytime he would be released, within days he would return to the jail. Nearing the end of his life, he was asked by his disciples why he continued stealing. He said that it was for the sake of those people in the jail, just like everybody else, they too deserve to come into contact with the methods for the expansion of consciousness. And throughout his life, he managed to transform the jail into a monastery.

Again, it is the quality of the mind which determines the nature of any action, action have no qualities by themselves. If something is violent, it is not because you have committed a violent act, but because the mind is in a state of violence. You can strike a sword out of hatred, or you can strike the same sword out of compassion. You can bow down out of arrogance, but you can also bow down out of humility. But that is the tendency of most people, if you are living as a slave to ones programming, the mind is all too quick to judge things based on appearances. Based on appearances, you will always have a very skin level understanding of things, it will never penetrate deep into the marrow.

Again, it is the quality of the mind which determines the nature of any action, action have no qualities by themselves. If something is violent, it is not because you have committed a violent act, but because the mind is in a state of violence. You can strike a sword out of hatred, or you can strike the same sword out of compassion. You can bow down out of arrogance, but you can also bow down out of humility.

This kind of interpretation of Zen philosophy was used to justify Japanese suicide missions, to justify the Aum Shanti terrorist attacks in the Japan subway and other violence. It appears you use this to justify your own actions - almost as if you are are reserving the right to be violent(murder, rape, steal etc) for yourself, for because you are enlightened if you did the acts of murder, rape steal etc it would not be the same as an ordinary person doing it.

In any case I disagree with your view that actions carry no quality of their own. There are certain actions one simply could not associate with an enlightened person. You could not expect a Buddha or a Jesus to rape somebody for instance. Why? Because the tendency that leads to that action - lust - is not present within them. By insisting that an enlightened person could rape etc you are simply justifying the elicit actions of many gurus claiming to be enlightened.

There is only one way to test if somebody is enlightened or not for an ordinary person by their action and speech. Your actions and speech Amir, to me indicate somebody who clearly is not enlightened, though you insist that you are.

His constant assumptions and judgements are based on very little information he has analyzed from the internet. He has arrogantly assumed the role of teacher, guru, etc.

He (Amir) also has himself marketed/advertised all over the internet as an expert on yoga, tantric sex, buddhism, etc. - Yet he still has a burning desire to post unnecessary messages in this yoga forum.

Will his ego and desire ever come to an end?

Amir’s type are a dime a dozen. It is simple the sign of our times. It is also a very good business strategy. Claiming you are enlightened, and you teach the true practice and then selling people retreats and meditation camps is a lucrative business.

I personally would not do it myself, because of my personal ethics. I would never claim myself to be some guru, fully being aware of my faults and weaknesses. I am just all too human at the moment :wink:

don’t really watch Amir’s material or barely read his posts anymore, because it does not interest me.(Future human destiny’s material is a lot more interesting) It does not interest me because all his posts sound the same. They follow the same format:

“Buddhism says this, Jainism says this, Hinduism says this, Christianity says this, Tantra says this…The truth is inexpressible… one must come to their own awakening and know themselves through and through”

If you don’t believe me review his post history. The same reason I do not watch his video material. There is nothing original, no new insights, nothing groundbreaking in the videos. It is just, as you say, regurgitated information he has read, and its not very informative, very basic. He repeats the same parables, same phrases - and now he has actually got good at it after so much repetition. His new material is not as pretentious and try-hard as his older material. Still, his stuff is more about self-promotion than anything else.

It sounds like though he does have a few punters.

Repeat post

Indeed; I couldn’t stand to watch more than 10 seconds of one of his videos. It’s more pretentious than Eckhart Tolle’s zombie diatribes (joke). People new to Yoga and this life will often fall for these types of self-imposed gurus. It’s a sad story but perhaps it is their karma (not a joke).

It’s also interesting that he seems to always want to create conflict within these discussions. A general rule for healers is to only dish out advice to those that come to you for help. No one is asking for his help. Yet here he is.

Surya,

"There is only one way to test if somebody is enlightened or not for an ordinary person by their action and speech. "

If that is true, then all that one needs to do to become a Buddha is to imitate a Buddha.

f that is true, then all that one needs to do to become a Buddha is to imitate a Buddha.

That is actually one entire path in the spiritual tradition. By emulating an enlightened master, i.e., by constant practice of his habits and eventually internalizing his habits one becomes just like the master.

The modern equivalent is “Fake it, till you make it”

Amir makes perfect sense, pretending to be non-violent will not make you non-violent, non-violence comes from within not from without. Our behavior comes from your inner state, not from outer situations.

Interersting, a new poster joins today and then makes posts after post agreeing with and praising Amir in several threads in the space of a few minutes :wink:

what ? im not Amir if thats what ur saying… i just agree with some of the things he said.

Just for the record, I am not Anti-Amir or anything like that. He can do whatever he wants to do. I honestly do not care. I was simply addressing his blatant assumptions and his tendency to judge others on this forum. It is obvious that we all have our separate paths, none being "right" or "wrong" - there is no wrong path as long as you persist towards the destination of Truth/God/Absolute etc. - Everyone on here has their own valuable perception. Surya Deva is on the Jnana path. Amir is on the path of Zen, Omshanti/Morgan is on the path of Kriya, etc. etc. etc.

Namaskar to all.

RE-POSTED, WITH “FONT PROBLEM” FIXED AND ALSO SOME CLARIFICATIONS.

My friends and sincere seekers,

There are many out there claiming to be teaching the kriya yoga of Sri Lahiri Mahashaya (Shama Churn Lahiree).

This information/review is not based on irrelevant hearsay, but rather from first-hand experience by my close friends and myself.

It is not my intention to offend anyone. Through information this awareness can spread. Eventually people like this will have nowhere to hide. Awareness of these matters will help people.

1. Dhamendra Vats - Based out of India. He has been caught embezzling money from a children’s charity. He has also been caught engaging in secret sexual affairs with male and possibly female members of his yoga school. The world has seen this type of sexual deviancy and corruption many times.

2. Shibendu Lahiri - Based out of India, but travels year-round internationally. Shibendu has been caught making inappropriate sexual advances to married women. He is invited to stay in the homes of yogis and usually takes advantage of their kindness. In addition to his bizarre sexual behavior, he also suffers from numerous physical problems which render him useless in kriya yoga (you must have a pristine physical body). In his kriya yoga, he does not teach the importance of kriya pranayama and kumbhak. He instructs his students to practice the techniques way too fast and jerky.

3. Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee - Author of the book Purana Purusha. This book was supposed to be based off of the “diaries” of Lahiri Mahahshaya. This claim cannot be proven, as the mysterious diaries did not appear until Satyacharan Lahiri made them famous. Lack of evidence renders these statements irrelevant/erroneous. In actuality these diaries are probably by one of Lahiri’s sons, nephews, etc.

4. Self-Realization Fellowship - This organization teaches a drastically modified form of kriya yoga. There are too many errors to list them all here. They basically completely changed the techniques and therefor lost the teachings that come from the performance of these techniques. Mouth-breathing, No chakra visualization, No Khechari Mudra and No Talabya Kriya are the main dangerous modifications they have made. (http://www.sanskritclassics.com/yogananda.htm)

5. Kriyananda Cult - An offshoot cult of SRF. Started by J. Donald Walters. Teaches the same modified kriya set as SRF. Also has been convicted of sexually molesting his followers. (http://www.anandauncovered.com/IndexENG.htm)

6. Arya Mission Institution - This organization was originally founded by disciple of Yogiraj Lahiri Mahashaya, Panchannon Bhattacharya. Although it was once a source for fantastic published works on kriya, it has become prey to a family-fued. The descendants of Panchannon Bhattacharya divided his assets and have been fighting over control ever since. One half controls his ayurvedic herbal concoctions, and the other half controls the “publishing” company. The English “translations” they have available are the work of corrupt yogi Dharmendra Vats (see above). Read material at your own risk. AMI also has a nice business going of selling books, they collect your money and never send you the materials. Later they will email you digital copies of extremely edited material (not what you ordered). Classic bait-and-switch.

You! O_O dog in contemplation! decarbonization of the blood is easy. But I am doing something wrong. The water of the kidneys does not press upwards. I do not seek something new, but dissect this memory to learn something which came upon me more than once. First by reason of nature, then by purposeful accedent.

The point! Can you enlighten me? I’ve wandered 6 years in the dark. I cannot yet make the water of the kidneys reverse! It saddens me greatly. I am lost and do not know what I do wrong :,(

[QUOTE=panoramix;68862]Hello there,

Is it normal to feel the three lower chakras blur and diffuse in contrast with the others?

How long does it take to master the basic practice?

Years pass and I’m loosing faith… Am I a failure kriyaban?

I need some hope, thanks.[/QUOTE]

no. if your refering to the 7 which are prominet in literature ( and thier opposite which are not prominent)

You will not “master” the basic practice, until you are fit, the basic practice leads to the higher. The Key is clarity. Clarity equals force and stability. Force equals acuation.

No raja without Hatha. No Hatha without raja.

NO FAILURE. Your understanding requires wisdom.

Who am I? What is the Law? Who is God? What is the purpose of all this? Where could I go?

There are certain key points that you must put together. It all works toghether. Do you know what you are? Do you know of God? Do you know the Law? Know the law. Keep the ways. Aspire to understanding. Ask it of God. Strive on.

[QUOTE=Avatar186;74024]You! O_O dog in contemplation! decarbonization of the blood is easy. But I am doing something wrong. The water of the kidneys does not press upwards. I do not seek something new, but dissect this memory to learn something which came upon me more than once. First by reason of nature, then by purposeful accedent.

The point! Can you enlighten me? I’ve wandered 6 years in the dark. I cannot yet make the water of the kidneys reverse! It saddens me greatly. I am lost and do not know what I do wrong :,([/QUOTE]

Activate Ajna. Then begin from bottom to top.

[QUOTE=omshanti;72433]RE-POSTED, WITH “FONT PROBLEM” FIXED AND ALSO SOME CLARIFICATIONS.

My friends and sincere seekers,

There are many out there claiming to be teaching the kriya yoga of Sri Lahiri Mahashaya (Shama Churn Lahiree).

This information/review is not based on irrelevant hearsay, but rather from first-hand experience by my close friends and myself.

It is not my intention to offend anyone. Through information this awareness can spread. Eventually people like this will have nowhere to hide. Awareness of these matters will help people.

1. Dhamendra Vats - Based out of India. He has been caught embezzling money from a children’s charity. He has also been caught engaging in secret sexual affairs with male and possibly female members of his yoga school. The world has seen this type of sexual deviancy and corruption many times.

2. Shibendu Lahiri - Based out of India, but travels year-round internationally. Shibendu has been caught making inappropriate sexual advances to married women. He is invited to stay in the homes of yogis and usually takes advantage of their kindness. In addition to his bizarre sexual behavior, he also suffers from numerous physical problems which render him useless in kriya yoga (you must have a pristine physical body). In his kriya yoga, he does not teach the importance of kriya pranayama and kumbhak. He instructs his students to practice the techniques way too fast and jerky.

3. Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee - Author of the book Purana Purusha. This book was supposed to be based off of the “diaries” of Lahiri Mahahshaya. This claim cannot be proven, as the mysterious diaries did not appear until Satyacharan Lahiri made them famous. Lack of evidence renders these statements irrelevant/erroneous. In actuality these diaries are probably by one of Lahiri’s sons, nephews, etc.

4. Self-Realization Fellowship - This organization teaches a drastically modified form of kriya yoga. There are too many errors to list them all here. They basically completely changed the techniques and therefor lost the teachings that come from the performance of these techniques. Mouth-breathing, No chakra visualization, No Khechari Mudra and No Talabya Kriya are the main dangerous modifications they have made

5. Kriyananda Cult - An offshoot cult of SRF. Started by J. Donald Walters. Teaches the same modified kriya set as SRF. Also has been convicted of sexually molesting his followers.

6. Arya Mission Institution - This organization was originally founded by disciple of Yogiraj Lahiri Mahashaya, Panchannon Bhattacharya. Although it was once a source for fantastic published works on kriya, it has become prey to a family-fued. The descendants of Panchannon Bhattacharya divided his assets and have been fighting over control ever since. One half controls his ayurvedic herbal concoctions, and the other half controls the “publishing” company. The English “translations” they have available are the work of corrupt yogi Dharmendra Vats (see above). Read material at your own risk. AMI also has a nice business going of selling books, they collect your money and never send you the materials. Later they will email you digital copies of extremely edited material (not what you ordered). Classic bait-and-switch.

[/QUOTE]

My feeling is that it is for you “potentially” negative karma to disparage worthy lineages, of which SRF, i find to be worthy. I can not in good faith comment on the others. The key is not the personality, or cult therof, but the teachings and their aim.

SRF provides, along with your own explorations into scripture - yoga sutras, Gita, King James Bible, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Goraksha sutras - a starting point.

If YOU ARE WORTHY. You will “recieve” the way. This is the promise of God. It is written.

let me add this. It is not only a matter of worthiness, but also your desire. A woman, or man of exceeding worth will recieve nothing concerning these matters if she or he has no desire for them.

I think.

Perhaps.

Can’t really speculate on the will of the Father but…i would say “in general” what i have written is so…

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;74142]My feeling is that it is for you “potentially” negative karma to disparage worthy lineages, of which SRF, i find to be worthy. I can not in good faith comment on the others. The key is not the personality, or cult therof, but the teachings and their aim.[/QUOTE]

This is an absolutely insane statement. I am happy to not be affected by nonsense superstitions and assumptions/beliefs like this.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;74142]
SRF provides, along with your own explorations into scripture - yoga sutras, Gita, King James Bible, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Goraksha sutras - a starting point. [/QUOTE]

There is no need to go to a cult to begin researching the sutras, gita, etc. These materials will be better understood without the commentary and edits SRF makes ad nauseum.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;74142]
If YOU ARE WORTHY. You will “recieve” the way. This is the promise of God. It is written.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you speak like a prophet! It must be so.

Thanks for filling up this thread with more nonsense, it didn’t have quite enough. :wink:

All those replies. Yet no concern for my question? Sad panda.

As well. Their is no negative or positive karma. their is simply karma, and that which we percieve as negative and positive no?

As well. Karma is not superstition. Karma is the desire and the desire’er. This interpretation is for the context of the perticular argument.
As he said, " his feeling" meaning his interpretation/opinion.

omshanti, If you are going to take the rout of catabolism. do it well. mocking serves no purpose but to entice.

All this ^ simply is “AN” opinion.