How to open the third eye easily

Hello
I am Karen, I come from London and live in Sheffield England.mixed race.

Would anyone like a very easy method of opening the third eye?
I am new to chatting on forums I hope this is an okay question.

Kind Regards to you all

Would anyone like a very easy method of opening the third eye?

Just do it :).

No really, intend for it to happen, and ‘open up’ to what is Now. Be perceptive. Again and again. This is enough.

Sometimes the more instructions and steps to take, the less directness and actual result.

Love,
Bentinho.

share your knowledge freely, :slight_smile:

i am interested in knowing your method

Go to bed
In a dark room preferably
Lay on your back
Close Eyes
Draw your eyes inwards, like going boss eyed but only a TINY amount, you may feel a little eye strain as you are using muscles not normally used, if this happens just relax them and try again, eventually this strain goes.

Now look into the darkness for a little light.
When you see it, it will disappear, keep looking again for it

Eventually it will return, just keep looking for it, and looking for it.

The light you will notice will get bigger, this is the third eye attempting to open.

When the light fills the space you are looking into, it is open.

You may see that you are traveling at great speed, you may see greyscale real things, eg people, or you may see it in colour.

When you are curious about what it is you might be viewing, the answer comes immediately to you, kind of intuitively. Your sight will move in to what you are curious about.

What you see of course is individual to some extent.

You may experience a different format altogether, let it happen.

I know that some small things help enhance third eye experiences.

Practicing as the sun rises or sets, not necessarily on the dot, an hour before will do.
When there is a full moon or leading to one, day before.
When the Moon and Jupiter are close in the sky.

Do some strenuous exercise, I dig over my garden, this will help to remove body-mind focus.

If you fall asleep during these attempts, don’t worry, try again, when you are in the mood. If you have a itch or a distraction of any sort, just return to looking for the light after your distraction, it doesn’t matter.

Most important is that you don’t do this when you are angry or upset about anything. Have only one thought and that is to look for the light.

Develop a happy disposition in your life. Understand what is annoying and let go of whatever it is. Forgive, don’t rise to anger.

Author Charles Luk has translated a part of the Surangama Sutra, I suggest you read this. There are lists about third eye sights and how you should deal with some specific things you will see. It will help you understand this practice better. However, like alot of Buddhist text, some things are withheld as to how you do them. So you have to use a large measure of common sense and know that they are talking about formats you see, ok?

For example. A Ch’an Mester in a book on Ch’an meditation by Charles Luk, tells students to seek out the inner Guru who lies in the red heart.
What is the red heart?..it is a format you see. Red streaks intermingling with the blackness, twisting and turning at a very steady even pace, eventually slowing down and bringing you to a scene where you will see in the near distance a seated Buddha in meditation. As you notice him, your sight will be taken to him so that you are looking at his face a few inches away from him. No doubt you will look at him and study his face etc. Then, your sight will be taken back, involuntary, to its original position, while you watch him levitate past you in line with your third eye, he turns his back to you and levitates, still cross legged towards the back of the scene, he then turns facing forward and travels towards you and enters your forehead in the third eye area. You will see him sat at the entrance, between your eyes, an inch above. He will pop in and out, a tiny Buddha. I don’t think you will be scared, I wasn’t?. He seems to like the sun and moon and you will see that he gets bigger when you look towards the sun or moon Also when you are serenely happy, he gets bigger, in front of you. He can become full size when your mind is in the right condition of happiness. He will go back to his dormant position when your ego defeats him. Mine disappeared when I started University! A mistake I hasten to add.
(The less in your head the better…a head filled with academic details is not ideal…a personal opinion)

I would like to point out that this is very serious stuff and not to be taken lightly whilst practicing. Read the suggested book on Ch;an med and read what else the Master warns when you have your inner guru awake, it is important.

I should mention, perhaps, I have been practicing this since I was 12. I do not belong to any spiritual organizations. I have practiced solo and silently for 39 years. I have read a handful of books, mainly the ones I mentioned earlier, when I was 46, I picked up this method from my Sikh father (mother English) who very very briefly mentioned it to my brother in a conversation, I was listening quietly at the time. When I went to bed that night, I tried it and did see a tiny light. This is where it all began for me. I was raised a Christian and know very very little about Buddhist, Sikh beliefs. All I know is directly through experience.

It took approx 6 attempts to open the third eye using this method…(I remember, I fell asleep the other trys!)

I can now do this very easily in any bodily position, so you get better at it as time passes. You will also find that your psychic awareness increases.

I hope you find this as fascinating as I continue to find it

If you manage eventually to awaken your inner guru, you will notice how your life becomes incredibly happy…people want you with them, everyone is attracted to you like a magnet. You become extremely positively powerful…it is a very fortunate experience, the hardest part is keeping him with you. I managed approx 18 months.

You may see flying beings surrounded by light (no wings) who will sweep towards you smiling…there are many many sights.

Feel free to ask me anything

My Kindest Regards Kareng

I

1 Like

[quote=kareng;25113]Go to bed
In a dark room preferably
Lay on your back
Close Eyes
Draw your eyes inwards, like going boss eyed but only a TINY amount, you may feel a little eye strain as you are using muscles not normally used, if this happens just relax them and try again, eventually this strain goes.

Now look into the darkness for a little light.
When you see it, it will disappear, keep looking again for it

Eventually it will return, just keep looking for it, and looking for it.

The light you will notice will get bigger, this is the third eye attempting to open.

When the light fills the space you are looking into, it is open.

You may see that you are traveling at great speed, you may see greyscale real things, eg people, or you may see it in colour.

When you are curious about what it is you might be viewing, the answer comes immediately to you, kind of intuitively. Your sight will move in to what you are curious about.

What you see of course is individual to some extent.

You may experience a different format altogether, let it happen.

I know that some small things help enhance third eye experiences.

Practicing as the sun rises or sets, not necessarily on the dot, an hour before will do.
When there is a full moon or leading to one, day before.
When the Moon and Jupiter are close in the sky.

Do some strenuous exercise, I dig over my garden, this will help to remove body-mind focus.

If you fall asleep during these attempts, don’t worry, try again, when you are in the mood. If you have a itch or a distraction of any sort, just return to looking for the light after your distraction, it doesn’t matter.

Most important is that you don’t do this when you are angry or upset about anything. Have only one thought and that is to look for the light.

Develop a happy disposition in your life. Understand what is annoying and let go of whatever it is. Forgive, don’t rise to anger.

Author Charles Luk has translated a part of the Surangama Sutra, I suggest you read this. There are lists about third eye sights and how you should deal with some specific things you will see. It will help you understand this practice better. However, like alot of Buddhist text, some things are withheld as to how you do them. So you have to use a large measure of common sense and know that they are talking about formats you see, ok?

For example. A Ch’an Mester in a book on Ch’an meditation by Charles Luk, tells students to seek out the inner Guru who lies in the red heart.
What is the red heart?..it is a format you see. Red streaks intermingling with the blackness, twisting and turning at a very steady even pace, eventually slowing down and bringing you to a scene where you will see in the near distance a seated Buddha in meditation. As you notice him, your sight will be taken to him so that you are looking at his face a few inches away from him. No doubt you will look at him and study his face etc. Then, your sight will be taken back, involuntary, to its original position, while you watch him levitate past you in line with your third eye, he turns his back to you and levitates, still cross legged towards the back of the scene, he then turns facing forward and travels towards you and enters your forehead in the third eye area. You will see him sat at the entrance, between your eyes, an inch above. He will pop in and out, a tiny Buddha. I don’t think you will be scared, I wasn’t?. He seems to like the sun and moon and you will see that he gets bigger when you look towards the sun or moon Also when you are serenely happy, he gets bigger, in front of you. He can become full size when your mind is in the right condition of happiness. He will go back to his dormant position when your ego defeats him. Mine disappeared when I started University! A mistake I hasten to add.
(The less in your head the better…a head filled with academic details is not ideal…a personal opinion)

I would like to point out that this is very serious stuff and not to be taken lightly whilst practicing. Read the suggested book on Ch;an med and read what else the Master warns when you have your inner guru awake, it is important.

I should mention, perhaps, I have been practicing this since I was 12. I do not belong to any spiritual organizations. I have practiced solo and silently for 39 years. I have read a handful of books, mainly the ones I mentioned earlier, when I was 46, I picked up this method from my Sikh father (mother English) who very very briefly mentioned it to my brother in a conversation, I was listening quietly at the time. When I went to bed that night, I tried it and did see a tiny light. This is where it all began for me. I was raised a Christian and know very very little about Buddhist, Sikh beliefs. All I know is directly through experience.

It took approx 6 attempts to open the third eye using this method…(I remember, I fell asleep the other trys!)

I can now do this very easily in any bodily position, so you get better at it as time passes. You will also find that your psychic awareness increases.

I hope you find this as fascinating as I continue to find it

If you manage eventually to awaken your inner guru, you will notice how your life becomes incredibly happy…people want you with them, everyone is attracted to you like a magnet. You become extremely positively powerful…it is a very fortunate experience, the hardest part is keeping him with you. I managed approx 18 months.

You may see flying beings surrounded by light (no wings) who will sweep towards you smiling…there are many many sights.

Feel free to ask me anything

My Kindest Regards Kareng

I[/quote]
thank you karen,
i have a real guru and am firmly established in kriya yoga meditaiton,
however the bit about crossing my eyes is helpful, i was suggested that once and forgot it until now, because i need a very good dream practice / sleep practice, to go out of body and explore, and do what i wish to, in a spiritual way ,
and this sounds ideal, to do this while going to bed.

What are the main points of knya meditation please

http://www.kriyayoga.com/kriya_yoga/kriya_yoga.html

dear k,
a very fascinating narration of your experiences.
i would like to know the following:-
in Hindu tradition it is said lord Shiva has his third eye open all the while.
any one whose third eye is active reaches siddha hood. he acquires all siddhies mentioned by patanjali. especially knowing the future.
my question is, did you have any paranormal experiences?

Hello friend

Yes I have experienced a number of these…I will give you an account.

One evening I went to bed, very relaxed. I turned the light out but my room has thin curtains and the street lamp shines through, enough to see your way around the room.
I had my eyes closed and after a few minutes, I felt there was someone in the room with me.
I looked briefly but no one was there. I still felt a presence and decided to turn the light on. On my knees on my bed I was crrawling forward to look for the hanging light switch at the bottom of my bed…I glanced to my right and saw a black moving figure. He had his knees bent, skinny, black in density, small in stature, I think…4ft ish? He was hovering in this crouching knees bent to chest position. He had a distinctly long neck, a skeletal head, large in comparison to his body. His jaw line was long, portruding. His palms were together but not in an upward position but in a forward one (like someone crouching low diving into a swiming pool, might look)
I had a clear sense he was trying to get in front of me and I started to dodge this by keeping him sideways on to me,. He was maneuvering himself by thrusting his palms together forward, aimed at me. I have to tell you I was very scared, the first time I experienced fear like this. (I will come back to this fear in a minute) I repeated out loud, the Lords Prayer I did this in a firm manner…He then disappeared .
I had to give this matter a great deal of thought…
I determined that I had accidentally slipped into a meditative state. I had been briefly thinking about sex and how I didn’t miss participating in it. The next thought was the presence I felt. I also determined that I had to conquer all fear when in a meditative states at things I might see. I worked out that the Lords Prayer was the a chant that was good to get out of this state. It could have been another type of chant but as I was originally raised a Christian, this was what came to mind. I realized that I needed to be more alert to accidentally slipping into meditative states. I also realized that you must not carry thoughts into meditative states, except for the little light focus I do.
I was wondering if the black mass man was a hungry ghost as described by Buddhists etc?

Another occasion I had been on a rare night out to a party. Whilst at the party a man took notice of me and paid me some compliments.
When I got home, I was lying on my sofa, thinking about the compliments he had paid me. I was immediately taken to a third eye sight, in full brilliant colour. I saw very clearly a beautiful Indian girl, young, maybe 15 to 20 yrs. She was in a jungle setting. I thought she was waving at me, smiling and her eyes were intently trying to catch my attention, moving her neck and head as well in that Indian dancing way. I wondered what her other arm was doing, as it was hidden behind a large jungle plant, she then stepped to the right and I could see she wasn’t waving but dancing…the other arm was waving too and when I could see both arms, I could see that she had them both raised swaying from left to right. I then looked upwards and the next sight was a number of people flying, I could see the depth behind them, there were lots of them…there entire bodies were surrounded by light, one flew lower and smiled at me…Then I was finished and came out of the sight. She also glanced to her right as if someone else was there watching??

I gave this some thought and came to this conclusion.

Again, I had accidentally slipped into a meditative state. I had been thinking momentarily about the flattering comments on my night out, but not actually thinking of sex. This was my mistake.

The interesting thing about this is that I am sure the dancing girl may well have been naked behind the greenery, but because I am a woman, I wasn’t really interested in what she was doing, do you see my meaning…? She was definitely, on reflection, trying to seduce me with her actions, especially the eyes, but being a woman I wasn’t allured, so I was able to move past this sight. I am not sure who/what the flying beings were (no wings!)They appeared friendly?
I read later that Master Buddha would see dancing girls, a number of times. Perhaps as men are supposed to think of sex more frequently than women, this must have been why Master Buddha saw these dancing girls because he had perhaps brief thoughts of sex whilst in meditative states.

I am still perplexed by that fact that as a woman practicing, why did I see a dancing girl and not perhaps a male? It is as if I am seen as a man when in these states? or experience things as if a man?

Again I am now very careful to not slip accidentally into Meditative states and not to think of anything.

Another point I have noticed is that I often know what is about to happen before it happens, or as it is happening.
I rang my son who was out, to ask him if he had just lost 10 pounds. He answered the phone. He was confused at my question because he was stood next to a cash machine as a woman was asking him if the 10 pounds on the floor was his (he had just used the bank machine in the wall) I could hear her asking him the question. My son was of course shocked by this. So yes, a number of things have increased like this, I have a number of stories like this one, some are just brief like knowing what kind of television programme is coming on next??silly things of no consequence.

One interesting thing that happens occasionally, is I can hear something happening afar. I heard a conversation between a friend and a stranger he was talking to. I determined that it was heard in real time…(I spoke later to this friend and repeated what I heard, times dates etc) The conversation was accurate.
I didn’t realize you could pick up audible things, My state of mind and body at the time was relaxed deeply, tv on low but still audible, and one thought at the time which was of the friend.

But this brings me back to accidental meditative states and the thoughts you have at the time.

Perhaps some people can do these things and there are no negative consequences, but I find that I have to be careful as the results are not always perhaps positive… I know people think all sorts or even aim for particular experiences but for me, I disagree with this. It can be very detrimental to think anything and it is best to have an empty mind.
I don’t mind if premonitions coming to me in a non meditative state but I guard against any thought in a med state.

The most wonderful thing is that now, almost everything I read about (I have just started reading two volumes of Master Rinpoches work called the Tibetan book of living and dying. It Makes sense immediately. Spiritual writings from the east often contain weird and wonderful stories/experiences which sound far fetched…they are not and infact, are accurate and can be relied upon.
eg,I held my breath accidentally in a meditation…I heard what sounded like a great train of noise coming out of my ear, one ear, the air came out of my ear…I later read this is the first process of death… interesting to know it is true.
Can you tell me more about the Hindu aspect…this is very interesting. I will start reading some Hindu text I think, as well as Buddhist
My Kindest Regards to you Kareng

It was suggested to me an Abbot in Los Angeles that I should know my spiritual lineage. My father is no longer here and all I know for the time being is that he came from Patiala in Northern India. His family name is Parmar and that he was related to the Paramaras in India. Do you know anything about them. I understand that originally they were Sun and Moon worshipers, they practiced Ajna? What I have read is very complicated. Is there anything you know about them? Jainism is mentioned as well. The material is very complex. My father was a spiritual man I believe but he was mostly silent about this.

Thank you Prasad

I remembered another incident that I thought you might find interesting.

Approx 18 yrs ago, some work colleagues invited me out. I ahdnt been in the job very long so I thought it would be nice. One of them I will refer to as SR from now on.

We went to a couple of Rave clubs, most of the people were on Ecstasy etc.
none of the people I was with were taking anything, including me, we were curious what went on in them, at the time.

Later that night they took me to a friends house. When we got there and settled down SR took out some acid and began to share it. He asked me if I wanted some and I politely said no, I commented I’ll do the driving home, (30 miles). It didn’t bother me at all, I was content to sit and watch/listen to them.

After approx half an hour, they were all high. I turned to look at SR and saw my fathers face kind of superimposed onto SR’S face, (no Turban) you could still see SR’s face a little. I kept quiet about it. A friendly dog was sat between myself and SR on the sofa. I noticed that the dog was also looking at SR, in an alert way. I knew the dog was aware of something different? SR noticed the dog looking and tried to get him to come closer but the dog stared transfixed at him. Eventually the dog just kept looking at him every now and then in the same manner. They thought it was funny, I knew he was seeing perhaps what I was seeing,(who knows how a dog really sees) My fathers face continued being seen by me for at approx 2 hours. I said nothing and acted like nothing was happening.

When it was time to go, I got in the drivers seat and when everyone was in, I noticed I could smell my father, the smell stayed the entire journey home. SR
was the last to leave. I didn’t realize that infact he had invited me out because he was hoping to date me. or something. When he suggested a kiss I politely backed away, I could smell my father but I couldn’t see him in SR at that point.

I gave this some thought.
I feel that I have two possible conclusions:
Either it was my father who had placed himself onto SR to make sure that I did not have any interest in him. Or, someone was watching over me and placed my fathers image there and smell, again, to warn me off.

SR eventually lost his high position due having too much time off sick. I heard about 18 months later that he had become a heavy heroin addict.
And more about him that was bad. He was an unlikely candidate for this ending, due to his status and seeming ‘together’ character.

My father had been deceased for about 5 years.

dont know how to delete this repeated message

If it’s any interest to anyone, YOGA Magazine this month has a very nice article on the Ajna Chakra I’m reading.

Namaskar Karen,

You may have a look to this thread, i dealt with the same issue and had some success. I followed the guidelines of a book named Kundalini Tantra:

http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f20/cant-activate-feel-ajna-chakra-properly-4890.html

Good luck!

Panoramix

Hello
Apologies but I do not understand what you mean- I looked at your thread I don’t understand how it applies to the posts I have wriitten…please enlighten me friend
Kind Regards kareng

Hi Karen,

Third eye and Ajna Chakra are the same.
The thread i mentioned is about techniques for opening/awakening it.

Thanks Panoramix…It was my mistake…I got two different threads mixed up somehow…I 'll get the hang of this eventually!!!..reading ha

I think the issue of the OP is not opening the third eye, but closing it.

Hi what does OP mean?

That’s “original post”, or sometimes “original poster” (the person).