India Yoga Association, Rishikesh/ Yoga Meditation, Kerala

Hi everyone!

Any help on this would be much much appreciated, as I seem to be getting a little bogged down by the millions of TTC's that are around :slight_smile:

I have managed to narrow things down to these courses below, they both seem to be accredited by the Yoga Alliance, but I was wondering if anyone had actually gone there, and what their impressions of the teaching and most importantly, the teachers were? You can use the below to make .com links if you so wish!

indianyogaassociation

yoga-meditation-kerala

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can shed any light!
Rosalyn

1 Like

The Association for Yoga and meditation yoga school is worth for
visiting both for the novice and the experienced. Here are several types of yoga, which both focus on the traditional Indian yoga and the more modern dynamic yoga. Environment at the school is relaxed and comfortable to be in, and you always feel at home and in good company. Teachers truly and constantly satisfy his pupils, and the food is healthy, light and vegetarian. Teaching is very instructive and directed by talented teachers. The school is new and bright rooms, centrally located in relation to shopping, etc… Definitely worth a visit!

I would not hesitate to recommend the India Association of Yoga and Meditation. I am currently doing the 200 hr teacher training course and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The course will prepare you to teach various styles of yoga including: hatha, ashtanga vinyasa, shivananda … The instructor , Yogi Manesh , certainly knows what he is talking about and will leaving you feeling well prepared to teach in the future . The studio itself is beautiful , with large windows and views of the ganga. There are rooms on site in the ashram which are brand new and therefore meticulously clean. The staff are also lovely people to be around – always smiling and willing to help. Rishikesh is a great place to be , really relaxed vibes and a nice environment. Best of luck with your search for a yoga school, feel free to send a message for any more details !

the indianyogaassociation.com rishikesh is a very peaceful place in the banks of the Ganges which makes it the best spot to practice yoga and meditation. here you will be able to learn different types of yoga in a very structured way and surrounded by professional teachers. the facilities are brand new, very clean and perfect for the practice of yoga. you will find nice people, nice food and will make a lot of new friends for sure.I’m in the middle of the course and don’t regret a bit, I believe is a good investment.

I am on the third week of the course, at India Yoga Associaton and I can really recommend it to you. I came to india looking for a good YTTC and it was really difficult at first to find good information and make a decision. It was not until I got to Rishikesh that I found this place and I loved it. The facilities are great, but what’s more important is the people that run the course - a very professional team that is committed to delivering the best experience. The environment is friendly and very respectful, and our teacher has over 15 years experience teaching TTC in several countries. One thing that I like is that the course is well structured and balances very well the yoga tradition with the new yoga trends around the world. All your questions will be answered with well thought responses.
Finally, the place is beautiful - I think it’s the best spot in Rishikesh - geographically and commercially speaking.
So if you really want to learn and have a good time, I think you’ll love this course!

Hi, I have just finished my TTC in Rishikesh in Association for yoga and meditation. the place is so nice near the ganga, we have a wonderfull view when you practice and meditate! and it is also registered in yoga alliance, it is very serious, complete, with a good level, teachers are nice, and we make progress so quickly, I recommand it to you!!

hello there,
i am finishing my teacher’training in richikesh with the indianyogaassociatiation.com the association for yoga and meditation yoga school .the teaching is intensive and very good.the school is on the bank of the river and i am very pleased to have chosen that school because the teacher is very pleasant and so full of knowledge that i feel lucky to be here.the staff are very friendly and the teacher very smily. i recommend this place to learn yoga teacher training

All of a sudden 6 people join the forum to talk about 1 place. What a coincidence.

[QUOTE=Terence;65002]All of a sudden 6 people join the forum to talk about 1 place. What a coincidence.[/QUOTE]
All with similar IPs.

For the record, when negative posts were made here about the India Yoga Association someone from there tried to “Buy advertising” from this forum with part of the stipulation being that those posts be removed. While they were welcome to advertise, there was no way I was going to remove the posts and of course the advertising deal never went through.

Point being, I wouldn’t touch the India Yoga Association with someone else’s 10 foot pole. This entire thread and their attempt to get posts removed shows their lack of ethics.

Unfortunately there is much of this bogus advertising of late, I’m glad this forum is standing up to it!

[QUOTE=Terence;65075]Unfortunately there is much of this bogus advertising of late, I’m glad this forum is standing up to it![/QUOTE]

Dear Terence I agree there some bogus advertising in the forum but this is , may be it seems to be a kind of telling or highlighting a place with special qualities by a group of participants

just wanted to post about the India Association for yoga and meditation India (AYM), or India Yoga Association loacted in Rishikesh. I was asked by the guru chetan to post on this forum last month while i was doing the training. He was looking over my shoulder the entire time and i felt obligated to write, I therefore wanted to now write an honest review about the yoga school as it is a big commitment and expense to do your training.

the studio itself is gregous and the yoga is great. Chetan actually gives a really good class. With that said, from the moment i got there everything was about money. Chetan seemed to over work his staff , demand a lot of these ppl and served the cheapest food he could find ( at least the cook knew what he was doing and could make it taste okay) . He was SOOOOOOO artificial and if you ever wanted to talk to him about anything you never felt like he was listening. he was not a spiritual leader on any level and thus if you want to be in a setting where you feel like the person guiding you cares a bit more about you as a person than how deep your pockets are i would not sign up there.

hi Happy1

Stone are thrown to a tree full of fruits. And ttc dropout through stones due to their own failures and jealous.

Hi Rosalyn

I graduated from AYM in Rishikesh, Laxman Jhulla, about a month ago and I just had to respond to some of those nasty comments below.
You can check my IP address, if you’re that kind of a geek, but I can assure you I am typing from a completely different place, as I’m back home now and starting teaching Yoga myself…and successfully so far!

I have an idea who the person slagging off the school may be, since they must have been my fellow student…who obviously went there for all the wrong reasons…and failed to graduate or even stick around to the end - looser!

I enjoyed every minute of the Course, Rosalyn. Even though at the beginning it was so hard I thought I’d quit. I’m so proud and happy I didn’t - I am a Yoga teacher now!

It’s a hard month and you don’t get much time for yourself, so if you just wanna hang around the cafes, meet other world travellers or smoke some cheap Indian dope, then just forget about it now. Think twice about your purpose, what are you going to Rishikesh for? If you want to party, then go to Goa. If you want to learn Yoga and find your spiritual self - then Rishikesh is the place for you.

As for the School (AYM), it is most probably the best one there. And i’m not saying that because it was where I learnt Yoga, but because of the sheer number of people coming there from other schools wanting to move there, because those other courses were so rubbish.
Also, when I booked my course I chose one of the cheapest ones around (I’m tight like that!), so I’m not sure what that person meant by the School being all about the money?!?!?! It’s an utter nonsense.

Plus, if you cannot decided prior to your arrival, why don’t you go a few days earlier and just walk around and physically visit these schools and see for yourself - I bet you a million you will choose AYM anyway :slight_smile:

The Yoga Hall is lovely and spacious, with huge windows overlooking the Ganga river. The accommodation is probably the best and cleanest in town, as far as I’ve seen. But you don’;t have to stay there, it’s your choice where you’re sleeping. You can find cheaper places and more expensive ones, but the standard everywhere is and Indian one…so to speak :wink:

As for the staff being overworked by Yogi Mahesh…what a load of b*llocks! The only person really working hard there is the Chef Raj, who cooks lovely and healthy food, which I wish I had more chance to learn how to make.
Some of the rest, in my opinion, suffer from a chronic laziness and try their very best…to do the very least.
Unfortunately it may be due to this level of “standard” there, why Yogi cannot find good reliable staff to run the School. But he’s doing the best he can and somehow every month a bunch of very happy teachers leave the School to go and spread the knowledge of Yoga around the world…

As for the Yogi himself, he’s an amazing teacher and always had time for me whenever I had doubts or questions. He explains everything in a way that the Westeners can understand, but not too bluntly to undermine the philosophy.

He may not look like some kind of a weird Guru figure, that some may be looking for - i.e. an old, skinny granddad in an orange loin cloth, with a long beard and smothered in ash…if you’re looking for such a Guru then either join a monastery or find any of the bogus Babas in the street begging for money and claiming having reached the enlightment…make sure you have some dope to share with them though…

Mahesh Ji is a no-bullshit Yoga expert, decent and caring guy, who spent his whole life studying Yoga and now wants to pass this knowledge further.

So again, Rosalyn - think about what our purpose is. Do you want to become a teacher of Yoga? Are you prepared to work hard to achieve it? Are you looking for some abra-kadabra hocus-pocus guru who will “read your mind” or tell you the future from your toe nail clippings? Or are you looking for a genuine teacher (who happens to be a multiple National Yoga Champion), who has taught in many countries and made hundreds of teachers…and will be able to teach you how to teach Yoga?

As for me - I will be returning to Rishikesh to do my second level (500hrs) TTC in August 2012 with the Association for Yoga and Meditation - maybe that’s a genuine enough recommendation for you :slight_smile:

All the best in your decision making and your TTC, Rosalyn. And please don’t listen to nasty badwishers…they have obviously learnt bugger all during their stay in India…
Namaste!

Hi everyone!

Any help on this would be much much appreciated, as I seem to be getting a little bogged down by the millions of TTC’s that are around :slight_smile:

I have managed to narrow things down to these courses below, they both seem to be accredited by the Yoga Alliance, but I was wondering if anyone had actually gone there, and what their impressions of the teaching and most importantly, the teachers were? You can use the below to make .com links if you so wish!

indianyogaassociation

yoga-meditation-kerala

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can shed any light!
Rosalyn[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=David;65040]All with similar IPs.

For the record, when negative posts were made here about the India Yoga Association someone from there tried to “Buy advertising” from this forum with part of the stipulation being that those posts be removed. While they were welcome to advertise, there was no way I was going to remove the posts and of course the advertising deal never went through.

Point being, I wouldn’t touch the India Yoga Association with someone else’s 10 foot pole. This entire thread and their attempt to get posts removed shows their lack of ethics.[/QUOTE]
What’s wrong with a group of students wanting to praise their school, if they are enjoying the course so much? So what if they are all using the same computer?
NOt everybody brings their own laptop to India! i was using the school’s laptop when needed too. so what?
I was there and loved it! So stop your negative comments, people.
I’m not the same IP address and I am a genuine Yoga teacher now - educated at AYM in Laxmn Jhulla, Rishikesh. And I would do it all over again…

[QUOTE=happy1;67507]just wanted to post about the India Association for yoga and meditation India (AYM), or India Yoga Association loacted in Rishikesh. I was asked by the guru chetan to post on this forum last month while i was doing the training. He was looking over my shoulder the entire time and i felt obligated to write, I therefore wanted to now write an honest review about the yoga school as it is a big commitment and expense to do your training.

the studio itself is gregous and the yoga is great. Chetan actually gives a really good class. With that said, from the moment i got there everything was about money. Chetan seemed to over work his staff , demand a lot of these ppl and served the cheapest food he could find ( at least the cook knew what he was doing and could make it taste okay) . He was SOOOOOOO artificial and if you ever wanted to talk to him about anything you never felt like he was listening. he was not a spiritual leader on any level and thus if you want to be in a setting where you feel like the person guiding you cares a bit more about you as a person than how deep your pockets are i would not sign up there.[/QUOTE]
Completely disagree with everything you just said there!
we were most probably on the same course, though it’s hard to believe that judging from your nasty comments.
Nobody forced you to write on the post with Y.Mahesh present! Why did you? It only shows how false a person you really are - how can anyone believe our opinion then?

Somehow Yogi always had time for me and for other people I know. he was always helpful and gave great advice! He is not supposed to be your spiritual guru, he’s supposed to teach you how to teach Yoga. The spiritual side you should find yourself within yourself…
For me he was even more spiritual than necessary. Not sure what you were looking for there? Maybe next time go and lock yourself up in a monastery somewhere in high Himalayas and make a vow of silence for a few years and meditate for days in a row…maybe that will be spiritual enough for you.
I’d rather have a genuine, knowledgeable Yoga instructor than some bogus Guru, claiming to be an enlightened one and dragging on his dope pipe!

Shanti Shanti Shanti…if you could only understand the meaning of these words…

I’m considering TTC at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram at Uttarkashi. What are yiur views?

[QUOTE=Suetra;67704]I’m considering TTC at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram at Uttarkashi. What are yiur views?[/QUOTE]

Good decision. Great location. Quality of training is excellent at Sivananda.

[QUOTE=Suetra;67704]I’m considering TTC at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram at Uttarkashi. What are yiur views?[/QUOTE]

One of the best programmes available anywhere in the world. Not necessarily at uttarkashi but at any of the sivananda ashrams. I did mine in Neyyar Dam, Kerala.

[QUOTE=reaswaran;67769]One of the best programmes available anywhere in the world. Not necessarily at uttarkashi but at any of the sivananda ashrams. I did mine in Neyyar Dam, Kerala.[/QUOTE]

Lovely to know, thank you.