Is Yoga Good for losing weight

Yoga is a long term process. You cannot expect results within a short period of time. Be confident in doing Yoga that will yield enormous results in your daily activities.

Weight loss was not a primary motivating factor in starting my practice. However after the first 3 months I lost 14 pounds (about 6% of total bodyweight).

Prior to yoga I trained regularly with weights. Since starting yoga I have noticed that I have far fewer cravings for foods which tend to add weight. I did not anticipate this.

Regular yoga practice can influence weight loss, but not in the "traditional" sense of how we link physical activity to weight loss . Practicing yoga asanas will definitely help to lose weight.Many yoga practices burn fewer calories than traditional exercise (e.g., jogging, brisk walking); however, yoga can increase one's mindfulness and the way one relates to their body.

I knew a lady way back that lost a lot of weight with Yoga, she lost 60lbs in 6 weeks. She was told to do 3 poses everyday, each for 10 mins, shoulder stand, plough and fish.

Indeed yoga is good for loosing weight. Yoga is for overall health benefit, loosing weight is just one of them.