Is Yoga Good for losing weight

Yoga is a long term process. You cannot expect results within a short period of time. Be confident in doing Yoga that will yield enormous results in your daily activities.

Weight loss was not a primary motivating factor in starting my practice. However after the first 3 months I lost 14 pounds (about 6% of total bodyweight).

Prior to yoga I trained regularly with weights. Since starting yoga I have noticed that I have far fewer cravings for foods which tend to add weight. I did not anticipate this.

Regular yoga practice can influence weight loss, but not in the "traditional" sense of how we link physical activity to weight loss . Practicing yoga asanas will definitely help to lose weight.Many yoga practices burn fewer calories than traditional exercise (e.g., jogging, brisk walking); however, yoga can increase one's mindfulness and the way one relates to their body.

I knew a lady way back that lost a lot of weight with Yoga, she lost 60lbs in 6 weeks. She was told to do 3 poses everyday, each for 10 mins, shoulder stand, plough and fish.

Indeed yoga is good for loosing weight. Yoga is for overall health benefit, loosing weight is just one of them.

Yes, yoga is best for the weight loss and give the positive result in weight loss. If you start the yoga in your daily routine, then it will help you in weight loss and give the positive result by using the natural process of weight loss. If you start the yoga in your life, then it will help you in taking the right platform which helps you in reducing the weight. By joining the Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh you will get the result in weight loss by learning the yoga poses which is best for weight loss. By yoga learning you will get the deep knowledge about yoga which is best for the weight loss.

1. Downward Facing Dog: If you do yoga in your daily routine, then it will give the effective result in the weight loss. Doing this yoga pose which also gives the blood circulation in the body and helps in reducing the weight. If you do this yoga pose, then it is best way to reduce the weight.

2. Side Plank: Another yoga po

se which gives the effective result in reducing the weight from the abdominal muscles. This yoga pose gives the effective result in weight loss from the stomach and good for reducing the fat from the side of the stomach which is called obliques.

3. Plank: This yoga pose is effective for the abdominal muscles and reduce the weight from the body. It helps in tone the body muscles by reducing the excessive fat from the body.

I, being someone that came to yoga to lose weight and have since fallen in love with many aspects of the practice, can honestly say that yoga changed my life. I've lost 30 lbs and have completely changed the direction of my life, of my goals, and of what I want to bring to the world.

That being said, hatha yoga will only do so much for weight loss. I fell across an amazing teacher on youtube a few years ago, who developed Interval Yoga, which mixes yoga and interval training. It is through her teachings that I was able to start the journey to a healthier body and mind. She is on youtube under Ali Kamenova Interval Yoga.

I have since become a yoga instructor myself, and base my teaching off of what I've learned over the years from her, as well as others. With enough time and dedication and a level of intensity to the yoga practice you will lose weight. Mine is:

www.youtube.com/yogainfusion

As for a diet, my only advice is to stick as close to nature as possible. Eat fruits and vegetables in abundance, the more colors the better. Limit processed sugars, processed foods in general as much as possible. Green is your friend. Eat the greens! And enjoy your food. Because the lifestyle wont stick if you don't enjoy the process.

2 Likes

I have a 1967 Mustang. The engine is back firing when I stop a a stop sign. Does everyone here give me an opinion as to what they think is the possible remedy?

"hey, I had a boat that had troubles with its engine. I changed the amount that the engine was dropped into the water and that solved the problem"

"wow, thats so cool, a 67'. maybe if you honk the horn before you stop that will help"

"Hi. Eric builds fences for a living, why don't you ask him?"

I hope you guys can get the idea here. I guess this is what the modern yoga world is. And what putting a forum online where anyone can say anything at all regardless of their actual knowledge base. The problem with this is that your not realizing that your dealing with someones health and their life. Your answering without knowledge and just from an experience can be detrimental to someone else's health. I think this is the massive problem with the modern yoga world in general, the education to be a teacher is next to nothing at all. And the people becoming teacher's do not know what they do not know. think of the karma you are creating for yourself. Its easy to not take responsibility when you do not know better.

Over weight can be of several causes. Someone can be overweight and have a fantastic diet and exercise regimen. Understanding of the physiology from a real yoga basis is not so simple as what the western idea is. First of everything there is the agni or the digestive fire. If this is imbalanced, which can be of several causes, such ideas given above can actually lead the person into further and deeper disease. As the Western world has realized, it is not as simple as calories in, calories out. There could be an imbalance in just meda dhatu, the fat tissue. there could be several ways this plays out. Encouraging someone to do more exercise is not always the answer and since what is being said, like the alkaline diet above, is just completely assinine. In that case, this person knows nothing about the physiology of the body and how it works. The lungs and the kidneys balance the very tight system of the ph of the body. The only thing you do by eating more alkaline is to put more stress on your body to deal with it and get rid of it in your urine. For the person suggesting this, please answer this.... there are many organs of the body that are maintained in an acid state for the protection of the system such as your vagina. How or what would happen if you actually were able to alkalize the system to these organs? This is the problem with peoples opinions. They spread ignorance, not helping people, harming them.

I would personally advise Pluv to get professional diagnosis and help and not ask on a forum. From the answers above, i think you can get the level of expertise here.

Yes yoga is a good method or physical activity to lose weight. Doing the yoga is one of the best way to reduce the weight. if you start the yoga for 15 to 30 minutes per day will help you in taking over the weight and you will absolutely lose the weight. If you want to know the yoga poses which is best for weight loss, then you can join the Yoga Teacher Training in India where you will learn the yoga poses in this yoga program or class. Once you take the class of yoga, then you will learn the yoga poses which give the effective result in the weight loss.

Here are some yoga pose which helps in weight loss:

• Plank: This is an effective yoga pose which helps in weight loss. It provide the effective result in the abdominal muscles which lead to the burn calories and helps in weight loss. Once you start the yoga in your daily routine, then it will help you in weight loss.

• Downward Facing Dog: If you start the yoga pose in your daily routine, then it will give the effective result in reducing the belly fat from the stomach. If you do the yoga in your daily routine, then it will increase your strength in the body and make your body stronger from inside.

• Side Plank: Once you start the yoga in your daily routine, then it will reduce the fat from the obliques and reduce the belly fat from the body. Once you do this yoga pose, then you will see the positive result in the weight loss program.

I have yet to try hot yoga but am curious. I don't see it advertised as much how. Is it still popular???

yessssssss... I lose 8 kg by doing Yoga and eat balanced food.. I joined a Yoga shivir in Rishikesh.You can book online

1 Like

Yes, Yoga can lose weight and it has done already, so many people out there have lost weight by practicing Yoga. But you should also change your lifestyle and diet along with Yoga to see the results.

There's a certified instructor at my Yoga Place who teaches DDP Yoga, I really liked it.

Yes Yoga can help you to loose weight with daily practice and a correct Asana sequence. Depending on health conditions, the Asanas being preformed may not be appropriate.

Example, if you have high blood pressure then some Asanas should not be preformed or done with great care and the breath should never be retained.

Therefore, Ayurvedia which is a correct form of medicine and is a sister science to Yoga should be practiced.

Ayurvedia focusses on keeping the 3 Doshas or body types in alignment, through balancing the 5 elements within the body.

I hope this helps,
karmakriyacenter.org

If you like you can also have a look on that website,, i believe that will give you that you want.
https://6d9547kjsbnjsobr19i4xfezcg.hop.clickbank.net/

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yoga isn't an efficient calorie burner like running, lifting kettlebells and the like. But if you enjoy this activity, it offers meaningful mind/body and stress-reducing benefits that you won't necessarily get from more strenuous workouts. And ultimately, the key to reaching a healthy weight isn't so much doing a specific exercise as balancing your diet, physical activity and mind/body relationship to develop lifelong healthy habits.

Dealing strictly with the idea of calories in and out, if you'd like to lose weight faster, incorporate regular cardio exercise into your ongoing training routine. You'll burn more calories and increase that calorie deficit. Doing regular cardiovascular exercise gives you some serious health benefits too, including an improved mood, a stronger immune system, better stamina, lower risk of chronic diseases and better quality of life.

Not every type of Yoga is a fabulous calorie burner. If this activity is going to form the core of your weight loss efforts, you need to be particularly attentive to your eating habits so that you don't consume so many calories that you go from a calorie deficit to a calorie surplus. Happily, eating a vegetable-rich diet is not only one of the key components of a healthy diet and a common way for many yogis to express their ongoing practice.

The secret to the success of the Yoga Burn Program lies in what's referred to as Dynamic Sequencing. Dynamic Sequencing is the way in which the yoga burn program teaches you how to properly perform each movement and then continues to adapt and increase the challenge at the precise moment your body starts to get used to the routine. This forces your body to change and adapt, which in turn, helps to build a shapely, feminine body that not only looks better, but feels better too!
The unique 3 phase program guides you through a series of different videos that are laid out in a way that will keep your body and mind guessing to ensure you do not get bored, or hit a plateau. Each video is 45 minutes long and can be done anytime, anywhere. You are encouraged to complete three 45 minute videos a week, with the option to complete a bonus video lesson which is provided. It’s highly recommended to fit the bonus video in if you can find the time, as the bonus video is focused on increasing your emotional well being, self-confidence, and overall happiness. I’m sure you’ll agree that confidence and happiness are two of the most attractive attributes a woman can possess.

Try 12 week Yoga Burn Challange

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Honestly, being a huge Yoga supporter and encouraging literally everyone to try it out. If you set your mind to losing your goal weight then it will happen. Yoga helps you concentrate on this. There are so many techniques and excercises you can add with Yoga. For me I use yoga as a stress reliever and add in some fun fitness techniques just for fun. I actually read an article in yoga and it stated that "National Institutes of Health, women who did restorative yoga—a practice in which yoga poses are held for a long time, typically on the floor and supported by blankets and props—burned 2% times more body fat than those who just stretched for that same period." - Great Finding!

My technique > YogaBurnChallenge.

Just finished my 12 weeks! It was worth it y'all. Thinking of doing it again.