Is Yoga Hinduism?

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;63590] like I said, I like my chocolate as well as vanilla. And I mean DARK chocolate. LOL.

.[/QUOTE]

Aren’t you being racist now, forgetting the the desi BROWN sweet gud ( or gur), only interested in vanilla and dark chocolate

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;63590] like I said, I like my chocolate as well as vanilla. And I mean DARK chocolate. LOL.

.[/QUOTE]

Aren’t you being racist now, forgetting the the desi BROWN sweet gud ( or gur), only interested in vanilla and dark chocolate.
You have not been home for a while I suppose.

[QUOTE=prasad;63641]Aren’t you being racist now, forgetting the the desi BROWN sweet gud ( or gur), only interested in vanilla and dark chocolate.
You have not been home for a while I suppose.[/QUOTE]

She already indicated she was molested by sexually frustrated Indian males (and they apparently characterize all Indian males), so she probably developed a malicious hatred for all Indians. Until she gets treatment, I would just ignore Gori Kuti.

One needn’t be either female nor white to be traumatized by India. Surya Deva, an Indian man, is currently in India looking for a guru and here is what HE has to say about it:

We are now staying with my other aunty and their side of the family, who have also been wronged by my corrupt uncle and aunty. There is a saying they keep saying, “Now days even blood has become white” meaning to say we cannot even trust our own family members today. This is probably more true for India than elsewhere, as I’ve never had to face something on this level elsewhere: India is rotten corrupt to the core. No matter where you go, you have to watch your back, because everybody here tells lies as a way of life and have an awful ‘anything goes’ mentality - littering and urinating anywhere on the streets, lying, pushing and shoving in in queues, gossiping, criticising, racism, sexism, fatism. I can easily see Indian people are some of the worst I have encountered. This is a sad fact that has to be admitted. If we do not admit it, there is no possibility for change happening.

I am Indian myself, albeit British Indian, so if I condemn all Indian people I also condemn myself. Of course there are good Indians and I have met them. However, if you come to Delhi and see how the masses are you will agree with my comments. I think part of the reason for this is the awful scorching heat. It is really hard to smile when you are being scorched by 40+ degrees(celcius) heats. Everybody here has a survival mentaliy, they have thrown away manners to the wind, and fend only for themselves. For example, we were queuing up at the Metro station in Delhi and were only a few inches away from the ticket window, and all of a sudden out of nowhere three men appear in front of us and ask for tickets at the counter. It was so blatant, I had to say something, ‘Excuse me, we were here before you’ they claimed 'Sorry, we did not think you were in the queue’
Another incident happened on the train in the evening, the train was incredibly overcrowded and we wanted to get off at the next station, we got up from our seats about 4 min before the station arrived to go to the door. When we got there a swarm of people boarded the train and deliberately pushed against us getting off, I protested, ‘Please let us get off’ but they didn’t give a damn, they pushed us back in.
Yesterday, in the hypermarket in the mall, we went to the checkout with our stuff and it was being processed, and then all of a sudden a man appeared with one item and jumped in. I again said, ‘Excuse me, you cannot do that. You may only have one item, but you are suppose to wait until we are finished’ The cashier ratified what I said.

Nobody cares about rules and regulations here. It is total chaos. On the roads, in the streets and in the minds of people here. I see an incident happen everyday here. I am not saying I have not seen similar things in the UK, I have, but not at such a mass level. Here it is rule, not an exception. My cousin said to me when I asked, ‘Where is the bin’, ‘This is India, everywhere is a bin’

None of the values that characterize Yoga/Hinduism are to be found in the masses. In fact it is quite the opposite. India is a highly backwards country when it comes to civility, manners, living standards. On the other hand, if you are fortunate enough to be in the top 20% you can live a very comfortable life: shop in the top stores in the malls and supermarkets, have your own driver and car, go to state of art salons and gyms and live in the best areas with the best infrastructure(the infrastructure gets progressively better the closer to the city centre you are) I see people like this everyday here. They are more civilised - but incredibly materialistic and have a pretty snobbish attitude.

I have to say it, though I alluded to it earlier, Indian people are easily the most uncivilised I have met. I have not seen such low levels of human behaviour elsewhere, even in the ‘Chav’ areas of the UK

My trip is currently rather disappointing. You are already aware of what has happened so far, I will update you further. I have just returned from Hardiwar and Rishikesh, hoping to find spirituality there. I found quite the opposite on the whole. Hardiwar was dreadful. Haridwar is suppose to be one of the most sacred sites of Hinduism, like Jerusalem/Mecca/Vatican, but it is most profane. The people there are obnoxious and rude, and treat you and process you like human cattle. They talk to you like you are worth nothing. I ended up fighting with the staff at one of the eat-outs. I ordered a beverage four times and repeatedly my order was ignored. I took up the issue with the staff, and they mocked me. I had enough and went to the boss, explaining to him how rude his staff was. He said he apologised on their behalf but started fighting with me when I told him there was no way I was going to continue eating there. I had enough and walked out. Earlier, we faced a similar issue
at another eat-out(but not this bad) where the staff were talking to us like we were criminals.

Then we decided to go to Mansa goddess temple and accidentally ended up going the long way up where you climb up hundreds of stairs up a mountain, which is an arduous undertaking and is suppose to be devotional. Unfortunately, this is spoiled by the dozens of shops/stalls and people trying to deceive you in the name of religion on the way. When you get to the temple it is even worse, there are shops/markets and each shrine has some priest asking you for money. On the way down there is a cable car, but the queue for it was so long and crazy, with people pushing/shoving like savages, we decided to take the hard way down by taking the stairs. Hardiwar was in short a horrible experience - I would not recommend it to anyone.

Unfortunately, this trip also ended up showing our families true colours. We had already been wronged by my grandmother, uncle and aunty which caused us to stay with my other aunty and her family. Now it was their turn. They very shamlessly expected us to pay for all their costs. We were already paying for travelling, leisure and accomodation costs, but they expected us to also pay for 7 days of food costs(breakfast, lunch and dinner) for 11 people and on top of that they had expensive tastes. At first we were paying for the costs out of good will, and then when we were running short on cash, we asked them to pay for one of the meals, specifying we will pay for the next one. Their face went sullen and later they started to fight with us and emotionally blackmail us, telling us they are poor and cannot afford such expensive trips. We knew they were lying, because we saw them spend money on their selves on shopping and purchasing food and drink. We caught them out on several occasions.

They were a horrid lot to go on a trip with, because they never worked together with us. They would make their own plans, gossip amongst each other and then set off without letting us know what was going on. I tried to reason with them and explain that I cannot be dictated to on what we are doing, we are here as a family and therefore we will make decisions democratically - rather than one person deciding everything and telling everybody else what to do. It did little, they continued to do what they wanted. I decided that it is better we just do things separately. They did not like that, because then they would have to pay for themselves. So they shamlessly asked for money from us for their food costs. One day my mother fell very ill and she had to be taken to a hospital - and all they were concerned about was their food. Ironically, a nearby ashram about 5 min walk from our hotel in Rishikesh was serving free food, and we suggested they go there. They retorted, ‘No, we don’t like their food’ When we returned from 7 hours of trips to doctors and hospitals, they all pretended they had not eaten the whole day and tried to guilt trip us and then forced us to take them to an eat out. Later, we learned from my cousin that they were lying and they did indeed go to get the food, but lied so they could get more food from us.

I have never witnessed such awful behaviour anywhere else, except in Indian people. I know that not all Indian people are this awful, but based on my experience here I have to say it is incredibly common. There is something happening everyday here. Everything goes - is what I am hearing constantly from everybody here. My cousin litters on the street, she laughs and says ‘This is India’ My cousin’s kid is feeling sick at the Metro station in Delhi, so he positions him over the tracks to vomit, and then says ‘This is India’ I experience more terrible pushing and shoving bordering on animalistic on the metro train, somebody says, ‘This is India’ This is used for everything that in in the civilised world we frown on - teasing girls on the street, lying, deception, corruption, theft, fraud. On the other hand, people speaking up against these issues are mocked and scoffed at. So is this the India Indian people want? A corrupt, savage, uncivilised India? If so, then this country would be lucky to survive another decade.

To be honest I am very skeptical now of anything Indian, after all the experiences I have had. There is one rule I have pretty much adopted, never expect anything to go right in India. Yesterday, I went to the bank to open a foreign bank account. The accountant gave me an application form, which I needed some clarification on because it was pretty confusing. But she had
problems understanding my English, so she referred me to the manager. When I got to the managers room I saw that he was idly chatting away with a friend drinking tea. I simply said to him, ‘Sir, I need some help understanding this application form’ The man did not even make eye contact with me, he very dismissively said to me, ‘You need to go the accountant that deals with foreign accounts’ I explained I just had, but the accountant referred me to him. Again, rather dismissively, barely hearing what I am saying, he tells me to go back to her. He gives her a call to ask what the problem is, and she says, ‘He wanted to open an account, but do not have supporting documents’’ Obviously she misunderstood what I was asking of her, all I wanted was some help on the application form. I explained to him she misunderstood what I was asking of her, but the man is in his own world dismissing everything I am saying. In the country where I am from this behaviour is reprimanded. You are suppose to help your customers and listen to what they are saying, not dismiss them. However, here in India it is common. I have encountered it everywhere with doctors, airport staff and other officials.

In Yogic terms the best way to explain the Indian mindset is tamasic. Lethargic, dull and heavy. What would be a simple straight forward affair in my country, in this country is made complicated, slow and taxing. This is because of the very careless and ignorant attitude Indian people have.

Here is a free tip for anybody travelling to India: Whatever you do, no matter how simple, even if it is taking a cab ride, research and prepare as much as you can beforehand, because what can go wrong - will!

There is no connection between Vedanta/Hinduism/Yoga and modern India. There is absolutely no justification for the behaviour of Indian people today. It is simply put uncivilised - unnecessarily so. Most of it can be explained by the fact that India is a developing country, and this is even literally true because everywhere you look constuction work is going on. But a lot of it I feel is psychological - the modern Indian mentality is very corrupt. They have adopted an anything goes mentality and they actually enjoy it. Everyone here is telling me with a big grin on their face, ‘This is India, anything goes here’ The people here lack a civic sense or care for society as a whole, there is a total lack of unity. Everybody is fighting with each other. They seem to enjoy chaos and revel in it. I should not be telling you this, but yesterday my aunty beat her daughter in law right in front of me, she went for her like some kind of animal and kept on hitting her. She was upset that daughter in law was arguing with her and not being obedient. She was talking about throwing her out. Yikes, this is the kind of behaviour I am seeing everyday here. There is no other word for it: this is uncivilised. Indian people largely are uncivilised.

The lack of unity, justice, compassion and order I have seen in this country is a sign of a dying country. I would be surprised if this country lasts even a decade the way the people are currently. But I must say I have learned many lessons here, the rudeness, selfishness of the people has taught me the importance of individuality. How I should not give a damn what other people think and think about myself first. This has always been an issue with me, I have always paid a lot of attention to others and been self-conscious about how I come across - but with people like this you cannot give a damn what they think.

Psssst: This is not my emanation My mother is also feeling the same. We are talking about going back to civilised UK

No wonder so many of us will give our right arm to get out of that country!

If your parents or grandparents migrated out of India so that you could have a better life - go kiss their feet right now and thank them!

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;63657]I’m still a retarded white woman who needs treatment![/QUOTE]

We know.

And so what is Surya Deva? A retarded self-hating, brown race-traitor who needs help?

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;63668]And so what is Surya Deva? A retarded self-hating, brown race-traitor who needs help?[/QUOTE]

[B][U]What is Surya Deva?[/U][/B]

[U]Retarded[/U]: No. Ignorant in some ways, yes, like all of us.

[U]Self-Hating[/U]: Somewhat. He’s just disappointed that our ethnic group isn’t living up to its culture, ideals, etc nowadays. Then again, so am I.

[U]Brown race-traitor:[/U] No. I myself hate India but I, unlike him, actually plan to do something about the problems there rather than constantly bitching and adding onto the negativity. Its quite simple really (well not really, but what in life is easy anyway); raise awareness about the corruption, get people to support competent, trustworthy, down-to-earth politicians, get them to repeal all the economically restrictive laws that make businesses not want to invest in India, raise cultural awareness, make politicians pass laws that get people employed, raise education standards, encourage modernized agriculture, blah blah blah, and watch how the improving economy and cultural revivals raises the standard of living everywhere, reduces adversity, etc, etc, etc.

And I know what you’re thinking. “Why can’t you think the same about the Western world and white people in general?” Because there’s no point in telling those who been at the top of the world for the past 5 centuries that there’s something wrong with their “ways”.

[U]Needs help:[/U] No. Then again, its obvious even to me that all the crap hes getting in India IS his spiritual journey, or at least the preliminary part of it. Once he can overcome these obstacles and find peace within himself, he will find his guru. Or maybe he will first find his guru and then he/she will correct his thinking, but don’t you think the first scenario is a little more stylish?

[U][B]As for you:[/B][/U] (assuming you are Indian, which I know you’re not, but what the hell)

[U]Retarded[/U]: Yes.

[U]Self-Hating[/U]: Yes.

[U]Brown-“race” (no such thing, but O.K) traitor[/U] - Yes

[U]Needs Help[/U] - Yes.

I myself hate India but I, unlike him, actually plan to do something about the problems there rather than constantly bitching and adding onto the negativity. Its quite simple really (well not really, but what in life is easy anyway); raise awareness about the corruption, get people to support competent, trustworthy, down-to-earth politicians, get them to repeal all the economically restrictive laws that make businesses not want to invest in India, raise cultural awareness, make politicians pass laws that get people employed, raise education standards, encourage modernized agriculture, blah blah blah, and watch how the improving economy and cultural revivals raises the standard of living everywhere, reduces adversity, etc, etc, etc.

LOL! You actually think you can make a difference when there have been many, many Indians within India itself working on all this for years and haven’t been able to make an ounce of difference.

Youthful idealism really is delusional.

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;63738]LOL! You actually think you can make a difference when there have been many, many Indians within India itself working on all this for years and haven’t been able to make an ounce of difference.

Youthful idealism really is delusional.[/QUOTE]

Uhm, where have you been? Gosh, racism really is blinding. These people HAVE been making a difference. Just because the racist media doesn’t cover that difference, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I can guarantee you that all the frustration at the evils in Indian society and government WILL burst someday.

Besides, I never said I myself would create this change. I merely gave a very simplistic outline of that change. Focus woman, focus…go make a sandwich to calm yourself.

Remember that the West too was once the sewer of the world and it wasn’t exactly a cakewalk for Westerners to clean it up. Then again, we don’t have the luxury of profits derived from the suffering of non-whites…

Double post. Soz.

Nietzsche,

"Yoga is Hindu/Dharmic/Indic in religious and cultural origins. "

Patanjali has said that “Yoga is bringing the activities of the mind to a stillness”. Vyasa has said, “Yoga is Samadhi”. If you take any of these statements seriously, then you will know that what you are calling “yoga” has very little to do with having been discovered by Indic or Hindus. It is a human phenomenon. And those who have been trying to make it something which is copyrighted by Hindus, is just coming from a certain desire to cling to a certain belief system and give it a certain seal of approval.

Again, I want to make it clear - that yoga is a technology for the expansion of consciousness. It has to do with you. Even the earliest yoga masters, had no religion, no philosophy, they were not even aware of the technology. They had to investigate into things as deeply as possible to come to their discoveries. Once certain discoveries had happened, only then did it start to become organized into various religions and traditions. These are the origins of yoga. Whether it has happened in India, or in China, or on another planet - the science of yoga remains the same. That is the characteristic of all sciences, they apply regardless of time or place. Yes, yoga was discovered by people who lived in India. But if it being discovered by Indians makes it Indian, then again, general relativity must be Jewish. And the big bang must be Christian.

Spirit,

“And when someone practice yoga he or she is using its knowledge and thought and not a dead technique but practicing a religion and religion is something which shows a right way”

Truth is not something that can be organized, either in a religion, belief system, or tradition. A man like Gautama Buddha was himself not a Buddhist, neither was Shankara a follower of Advaita. And enlightenment is not something that can be contained in any book, religion, or belief system. Perhaps certain individuals, out of their enlightenment - started speaking and sharing their understanding, making an attempt to express the inexpressible. And that is when certain religions and traditions start to become organized. But if you mistake these religions and traditions as though they are substitutes for the direct experience of Truth - then you are as far away from the Way as possible.

The ultimate experience of yoga is the very essence of enlightenment itself. That is why a man like Vyasa has said “Yoga is Samadhi”. Samadhi is not a religion. Samadhi is a certain state of consciousness. And when one is practicing methods which lead towards this - what is essential is that, if you are a seeker of Truth, then you enter into the search without assuming anything at all. If you enter into it as a Hindu - then you already have a belief system. If you enter into it as a Buddhist, then too you already have a belief system. And whether you are a Hindu practicing yoga, or a Buddhist practicing yoga, A Jain practicing yoga, or a Sikh practicing yoga - all that you are doing through your practices is just looking for a confirmation for that belief system. How is it possible that yoga can be practiced both by Hindus and Buddhists alike, even though their philosophies are opposite to one another ? The Brahmins have accepted the belief in God, the Buddhists have not accepted the belief in God. That is because yoga has nothing to do with something as idiotic as whether you believe in God or not. It is a technology, a methodology. Meditation does not need a belief system, neither does practicing a physical posture, kriya, bandha, asana, mudra, chanting a mantra, or visualizing a yantra. These are all just methods to turn the mind and the senses inwards. You can do it as a Buddhist, and the techniques are not going to ask you for a password. You can do it as a Jain or a Sikh, and these techniques do not care even a single bit about what you believe. The technology of yoga is a simple cause and effect phenomenon. And if you insist that yoga is something which is tied to religion - then you will have to then figure out what yoga is the true yoga. Because Buddhists (Whether Mahayana, Hinayana, Vajrayana, Sahajayana, or any other sect) are practicing yoga, Hindus (whether they are following Charvaka, Shaivaism, Shaktism, Advaita, Samkhya, philosophies etc) are practicing yoga, Jains (with all of their sects and subsects) are practicing yoga, Sikhs (with their sects and subsects) are practicing yoga, all these different religions and traditions, which cannot even agree with each other, have been practicing yoga alike. So if yoga is a religion - then we will have to settle the matter completely and cast a voting as to which yoga is the true yoga.

Amir,
I agree with you that gravity cannot be eastern or western,
But in present days of reality and consumerism, what the Hindu wants is just a copy right, recognition that our ancestors were not less than Newton.
Ego, what?s the harm in recognising that Yoga was thought as an everyday science by Indians first, they had better minds then

Newtonian physics is not copyrighted by England. In all the years I have practiced yoga I have met no one who does not recognize the origins as from India. Go ahead and copyright yoga. It will make absolutely no difference to the world whatsoever.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;63764]Spirit,

“And when someone practice yoga he or she is using its knowledge and thought and not a dead technique but practicing a religion and religion is something which shows a right way”

Truth is not something that can be organized, either in a religion, belief system, or tradition. A man like Gautama Buddha was himself not a Buddhist, neither was Shankara a follower of Advaita. And enlightenment is not something that can be contained in any book, religion, or belief system. Perhaps certain individuals, out of their enlightenment - started speaking and sharing their understanding, making an attempt to express the inexpressible. And that is when certain religions and traditions start to become organized. But if you mistake these religions and traditions as though they are substitutes for the direct experience of Truth - then you are as far away from the Way as possible.

The ultimate experience of yoga is the very essence of enlightenment itself. That is why a man like Vyasa has said “Yoga is Samadhi”. Samadhi is not a religion. Samadhi is a certain state of consciousness. And when one is practicing methods which lead towards this - what is essential is that, if you are a seeker of Truth, then you enter into the search without assuming anything at all. If you enter into it as a Hindu - then you already have a belief system. If you enter into it as a Buddhist, then too you already have a belief system. And whether you are a Hindu practicing yoga, or a Buddhist practicing yoga, A Jain practicing yoga, or a Sikh practicing yoga - all that you are doing through your practices is just looking for a confirmation for that belief system. How is it possible that yoga can be practiced both by Hindus and Buddhists alike, even though their philosophies are opposite to one another ? The Brahmins have accepted the belief in God, the Buddhists have not accepted the belief in God. That is because yoga has nothing to do with something as idiotic as whether you believe in God or not. It is a technology, a methodology. Meditation does not need a belief system, neither does practicing a physical posture, kriya, bandha, asana, mudra, chanting a mantra, or visualizing a yantra. These are all just methods to turn the mind and the senses inwards. You can do it as a Buddhist, and the techniques are not going to ask you for a password. You can do it as a Jain or a Sikh, and these techniques do not care even a single bit about what you believe. The technology of yoga is a simple cause and effect phenomenon. And if you insist that yoga is something which is tied to religion - then you will have to then figure out what yoga is the true yoga. Because Buddhists (Whether Mahayana, Hinayana, Vajrayana, Sahajayana, or any other sect) are practicing yoga, Hindus (whether they are following Charvaka, Shaivaism, Shaktism, Advaita, Samkhya, philosophies etc) are practicing yoga, Jains (with all of their sects and subsects) are practicing yoga, Sikhs (with their sects and subsects) are practicing yoga, all these different religions and traditions, which cannot even agree with each other, have been practicing yoga alike. So if yoga is a religion - then we will have to settle the matter completely and cast a voting as to which yoga is the true yoga.[/QUOTE]
I think amir you should have read the remaining part of mine post keenely before sticking to the above particular lines. I think that you are equating truth or the final emancipation with religion and thats where you going wrong and thats what i m specifically pointing at. I m pointing at the building blocks that shapes religion and religion is something that shows the way. Its same as for christians,muslims,jains alike. They too have some building blocks in forms of spiritual practices and other associates which they follow and they call it religion. Though following all these they will reach the truth, and there surely religion,creed etc. are dissolved and it has no significance at all which path and what religion they followed. And in the same way yoga and other counterparts be it tantra,bhakti,mantra sadhana etc. are the paths that shaped hinduism as for other religions of the world their paths shaped them. And as i said if any path lead you to the truth,you can’t snatch that thing away from any religion and say “it is leading to the truth,now it can’t be associated to this religion”. Every religion in the world has paths,though all comes under one category when the final result is concerned. Its a simple logic and i would say stop equating final emancipation with religion. Religion is the path and truth is the goal,don’t mingle the two things.

fo, fp if u don’t understand what we want’
You didnt know abt Yoga when you were young. Though you knew abt Christ.
Its only likes of Sivananada and others, who thought you about yoga than any padre with rosary in hand,
And as for gravity is concerned , you knew about it when you were in diapers only you didn’t know about the mathematical expressions.

Fo yourself and your constant childish whining. Trust me, I know full well what you want.

In all the years I have practiced yoga I have met no one who does not recognize the origins as from India.

That’s what I’ve been saying here from the start.

prasad,

“what the Hindu wants is just a copy right, recognition that our ancestors were not less than Newton.”

To recognize that yoga has been discovered in India is one thing. But to claim ownership over it is another.

Spirit,

“I think that you are equating truth or the final emancipation with religion and thats where you going wrong and thats what i m specifically pointing at.”

Let us not be too concerned with words. I was making a distinction between a belief system and a technology for the expansion of consciousness. A technology for the expansion of consciousness requires no belief system.

“and religion is something that shows the way.”

You have already assumed that a religion shows the way. The Way is something that is to be discovered. A certain religion may say one thing, but in your own sleep you have no idea as to whether it is true or not. And even if the words come from a man like Gautama Buddha - how do you know that he knows what he’s talking about ? Perhaps he is simply hallucinating, or perhaps he is trying to deceive you. When Jesus says something - how do you know that he knows ? But because a certain religion is accepted as a tradition, man feels a certain amount of comfort and security through it. It makes him feel as though it has an ancient seal of approval.

There is a difference between a religion and a science for the expansion of consciousness. Unless you consider religion a science - in which case it has nothing to do with being a Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, or Jew - although the science can be used by a Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, or Jew. Something like meditation- for example, does not require any belief system. All that is needed is an understanding of how to remain a witness in the present, from moment to moment without clinging as to whatever arises in your experience. Something like pranayam - does not require any belief system. If you know how to influence the fundamental energies in your system through the breath, then it works. If not, then it does not work. It is a simple cause and effect situation.

"And in the same way yoga and other counterparts be it tantra,bhakti,mantra sadhana etc. are the paths that shaped hinduism as for other religions of the world their paths shaped them. "

Yes, yoga has been a part of many belief systems - Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, and Jainism. Because when we say “yoga”, we are not talking about a belief system, we are talking about a technology.

"And as i said if any path lead you to the truth,you can’t snatch that thing away from any religion "

A “path” is just an inner journey towards your own original source. It has to do with you and nothing else. Perhaps - being part of a certain tradition may be helpful towards this - but still it has to do with coming to know yourself, through and through. First, it should be understood that in the first place all of the various different “paths” that were discovered, were not ready made. They were originally not part of any tradition, traditions are never ready made. Certain teachings have become organized over time because an individual or a group of individuals were searching by themselves and came to certain discoveries. That is how the first masters were - they had no teachers, no religion, simply because there was nobody else before them. Certain religions and traditions became organized much later.

“Every religion in the world has paths”

It is not really the case. If most of the religions of the world are nothing more than man’s hallucinations - then certainly it is a path which leads astray from the Way. I do not consider religions like Christianity, Islam, or Judaism as being paths towards enlightenment - nor do these religions have any methods for the expansion of consciousness. Unless you are considering the mystical divisions of these religions, which is a minority which has been condemned by the mainstream communities.

“Religion is the path and truth is the goal,don’t mingle the two things”

That is nice, but the mind is such, that it will see whatever it wants to see according to it’s identifications. If you are raised as a Christian, then you will be programmed into a Christian philosophy. If you are raised as a Jew, then you will be programmed into a Jewish belief system. And right from the beginning, with such identifications, it is going to be impossible to see anything else beyond them - those belief systems function like a veil over one’s eyes which prevent oneself from seeing into the Truth. That is why it is important to understand that Truth is something that is to be discovered. If you already think you have found it, then in the same breath, one has denied oneself the possibility of realizing it. One of the greatest obstacles for man’s coming to more awareness is the failure to recognize one’s own ignorance. And if a certain tradition or religion says something - then it should not be accepted without question. It should be considered as nothing more than a hypothesis. You will have to investigate, inquire, see if there is any truth to this or not. It will have to be verified. And when I say it will have to be verified, I do not mean that it will have to be verified through your projections. Because all too often, the mind creates everything in it’s own image.