Kundalini raising through Pingala Nadi?

Can Kundalini be raised through Pingala Nadi? How?
How will it be different from Kundalini raising through Sushumna?
Is it wrong/harmful to do so?

“Can Kundalini be raised through Pingala Nadi?”

No.

[QUOTE=makar;56391]Can Kundalini be raised through Pingala Nadi? How?
How will it be different from Kundalini raising through Sushumna?
Is it wrong/harmful to do so?[/QUOTE]

Flow of prana through the sushumna is called kundalini. Also changing the direct of flow in the wrong nadi is harmful…so while the flow of prana is certain nadis can be done, it is harmful in others. You need a good teacher to help you learn how to and when to raise the kundalini.

Ida Nadi concerns our past and Pingala Nadi concerns our future.What I heard is that some people raise their Kundalini through Pingala Nadi and become futuristic or Psychics?
Please correct me where am I wrong?

The very nature of Kundalini energy is such, that it can only travel up the sushumna of the spinal cord. It is important to understand what Kundalini is, one should not assume that it is something that is already there in a manifested form. It is there, just as a potential. It is something that is to be created as a reaction through merging together of certain life energies in the body, the prana and the apana. Prana corresponds to the ida nadi on the left side of the spinal cord, apana corresponds to the pingala nadi. One is positvely charged, the other is negatively charged. When the energy of these two polarities collide, there is a third energy which is created which we call “Kundalini” which starts rising up the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord, from the muladhara.

There are various siddhis that can become awakened through learning how to consciously activate the ida or the pingala, such as those of Swara Yoga. Like any of the yogic sciences, if siddhis do happen to be awakened, they are just side-effects rather than having anything to do with awakening. One should not be focused upon them, they are more or less meaningless. In fact, if one is still asleep, they can be tremendously dangerous and be used in such irresponsible ways, that one has destroyed almost every possibility of coming to one’s awakening, they may magnify one’s sufferings a million times fold.

Swara Yoga has more to do taking advantage of the different energies which are functioning in your system at particular times. Depending on which nadis and parts of the nervous system are active at certain times, one’s psychological tendencies will tend to be different. Different psychological tendencies naturally create different outcomes, both inwardly and outwardly. The time which tends to be most supportive for awakening of Kundalini is called sandhya, which occurs at various times during the day.

So according to this, one can predict certain things. This may not necessarily be for the purpose of coming to one’s enlightenment. It is not really fortelling of the future in any supernatural sense or any of that nonsense - it is more like casting a weather forecast through understanding the workings of the different cycles which your mind and body goes through in a period of twenty four hours.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;56402]The very nature of Kundalini energy is such, that it can only travel up the sushumna of the spinal cord. It is important to understand what Kundalini is, one should not assume that it is something that is already there in a manifested form. It is there, just as a potential. It is something that is to be created as a reaction through merging together of certain life energies in the body, the prana and the apana. Prana corresponds to the ida nadi on the left side of the spinal cord, apana corresponds to the pingala nadi. One is positvely charged, the other is negatively charged. When the energy of these two polarities collide, there is a third energy which is created which we call “Kundalini” which starts rising up the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord, from the muladhara.

There are various siddhis that can become awakened through learning how to consciously activate the ida or the pingala, such as those of Swara Yoga. Like any of the yogic sciences, if siddhis do happen to be awakened, they are just side-effects rather than having anything to do with awakening. One should not be focused upon them, they are more or less meaningless. In fact, if one is still asleep, they can be tremendously dangerous and be used in such irresponsible ways, that one has destroyed almost every possibility of coming to one’s awakening, they may magnify one’s sufferings a million times fold.

Swara Yoga has more to do taking advantage of the different energies which are functioning in your system at particular times. Depending on which nadis and parts of the nervous system are active at certain times, one’s psychological tendencies will tend to be different. Different psychological tendencies naturally create different outcomes, both inwardly and outwardly. The time which tends to be most supportive for awakening of Kundalini is called sandhya, which occurs at various times during the day.

So according to this, one can predict certain things. This may not necessarily be for the purpose of coming to one’s enlightenment. It is not really fortelling of the future in any supernatural sense or any of that nonsense - it is more like casting a weather forecast through understanding the workings of the different cycles which your mind and body goes through in a period of twenty four hours.[/QUOTE]

Your understanding of what your talking about is incorrect - as usual.

I know this by reading your first sentence. After that nothing further needs to be read.

You are a complete and utter fraud and I pity your wretched soul.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;56402]When the energy of these two polarities collide, there is a third energy which is created which we call “Kundalini” which starts rising up the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord, from the muladhara.[/QUOTE]
Kundalini is not created it is already there coiled 3 and a half times.It might be that the third energy that is created straightens the Kundalini and it rises?

Somewhere you said that we reverse the flow of prana and apana in Ida and Pingala Nadis.I don’t feel this would be right.That would mean we have completely opposite energy flowing into our bodies which would have been very wrong or something like that.

“Kundalini is not created it is already there coiled 3 and a half times.”

Yes, it is already there, but in a potential form. Fundamentally, it is impossible for anything in existence to be created, just as it is impossible for anything in existence to be destroyed. But when I say that Kundalini awakening is “created”, I mean that certain specific conditions bring about it’s awakening. When it has been said that it is “coiled three and a half times” such symbolic descriptions should not be understood literally, otherwise one is simply being foolish. It is just as foolish as believing that the Kundalini is actually a serpent which starts ascending up the spinal cord. These were all just created as symbolic devices. Kundalini is a potentiality in every human being, but unless one does the work that is needed - it remains simply as a seed. If you do not nurture it, that possibility remains just a possibility, not a living reality. The fact is that what one is calling “Kundalini” is a certain event that takes place as a by product of certain life energies colliding together within the sushumna.

“It might be that the third energy that is created straightens the Kundalini and it rises?”

Whatever the case, it does not matter. The fact is that unless one comes to a knowledge as to how to control the subtle energies in one’s system in such a way as to trigger what has been called “Kundalini”, then nothing is going to be of much help. Perhaps, one may awaken it accidentally, but the possibility of an accidental awakening is just like trying to find a pearl in the desert.

"Somewhere you said that we reverse the flow of prana and apana in Ida and Pingala Nadis.I don’t feel this would be right.That would mean we have completely opposite energy flowing into our bodies which would have been very wrong or something like that. "

That is precisely what happens, the life energies which ordinarily travel in a certain direction are made to move contrary to their ordinary tendencies. If one does so with the proper mindfulness, then one can become involved in such work without too many problem. Prana which moves upwards is made to move downwards, the apana at the level which moves downards is made to move upwards. That is what one is trying to do through such methods as Maha Bandha, where one is applying the three locks of the moola bandha, jalandhara bandha, and uddiyana bandha together. It is a way to channel these energies in a current which is contrary to their ordinary tendencies , combining them, and forcing them into the sushumna. Out of this, a certain transformation of energy arises. Fundamentally, it is a kind of alchemy- of transmuting one state of energy into another state of energy for the purpose of the expansion of consciousness. It is not just the subtle energies of one’s system which undergo a certain transmutation, but the whole functioning of the nervous system and the brain.

Scales,

Ok.

Ten of swords.

Hello Everybody. You have a good thread going here.

Amir,

Kundalini is quite a challenge to illuminate, so I appreciate and respect your enthusiasm here. What you say is partly accurate, but sounds somewhat mental or book-learned, which is ok, but leaves a lot of gray area in understanding. What I hope to do here is help clarify a couple points and not discourage you. I will be the first to admit words are completely inadequate here, including mine.

One can more accurately characterize prana as “ascending” force, and apana as “descending,” and they are both present in both ida and pingala, or ha and tha, and not designated to one or the other as you say here; the positive and negative charges thing also has no bearing to our understanding here and causes confusion (just throw that out).

The whole of yoga is concerned with the union of these forces, prana and apana, and holding them together in both an active state and state of rest: posture, breathing, movement.

[I]“The very nature of Kundalini energy is such, that it can only travel up the sushumna of the spinal cord.”

[/I]This is false. Prana and apana CAN and do come together elsewhere in the body, and can be made to move elsewhere other than in Sushumna, in the major nadis of the extremities. It’s a matter of semantics to say whether or not it’s actually kundalini in this case, or that kundalini is exclusive to sushumna, however the mechanics are the same and can cause “partial” awakening. It can however also be undesirable for this to happen because of the possibility of irreversible imbalance that may prohibit further union of ida and pingala (or ha and tha).

[I]"…there is a third energy which is created which we call “Kundalini” which starts rising up the sushumna, the central channel of the spinal cord, from the muladhara."[/I]

This is also false. There is not a “third energy,” rather there is a unification of two forces that were once alternating between ida an pingala, or ha and tha, that are now working as one. It’s not unlike a boat being pushed sideways through the water: first from one side and then the other. When prana and apana come together in sushumna, the boat sails on an even keel. But that’s only the beginning. (That’s the best I could do today.)

In any case, kundalini does not travel or come into sushumna by itself, by wishing or praying for it, but rather is made to do so, by you, with tremendous strength and control that you build through lengthy asana/pranayama practice, and some luck. It’s not some vague sensation or something you imagine, it’s something you do and have to keep doing. There are no “powers” that come with it, to predict anything or of any other kind, only a clearer understanding of the forces of nature and how they shape all things, including our senses and perceptions.

Keep up the good work. I have to go back to mine.

peace,
siva

[QUOTE=Dwai;56394]Flow of prana through the sushumna is called kundalini. [/QUOTE]Prana shakti flow through Pingala, Mana shakti through Ida nadi and Dharma shakti through Sushumna.

[QUOTE=siva;57041]In any case, kundalini does not travel or come into sushumna by itself, by wishing or praying for it, but rather is made to do so, by you, with tremendous strength and control that you build through lengthy asana/pranayama practice, and some luck. [/QUOTE]Kundalini is intelligent energy and knows when pupil is ready.
This process is spontaneous - Sahaja yoga.

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57060]Prana shakti flow through Pingala, Mana shakti through Ida nadi and Dharma shakti through Sushumna.[/QUOTE]

I see you want to be of service to mankind and spread your knowledge.

I must say that much confusion can arise in the minds of the people when you use terms and words they are unfamiliar with.

I feel when you say “prana shakti” “mana shakti” and “dharma shakti” that this differentiation or categorization is confusing. It ‘could’ sound like to someone that there are different kinds of energy when it is simply the one universal vital energy - or prana which operates throughout the various channels of the subtle body.

Please try to keep things very simple for the benefit of others.

These powers have been described in Puranas. Instead reading self proclaimed “gurus” seekers should read Puranas and Upanishadas.

[QUOTE=Seeker33;57086]These powers have been described in Puranas. Instead reading self proclaimed “gurus” seekers should read Puranas and Upanishadas.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree. I think there should be study and contemplation of the Ol timey classics.

One must, however, always be aware of the ‘corruptions’ that are bound to creep into any scripture.

The works were ‘most likely’ written by the illumined and translated by the ‘ordinary.’

That said - as a supporter of the yoga discipline - I think one should strive to simplify the terms and concepts as much as possible for all people in this age of distraction…

Seeker,

“These powers have been described in Puranas. Instead reading self proclaimed “gurus” seekers should read Puranas and Upanishadas.”

Instead of clinging to Puranas or the Upanishads, or the words of a master - one should start functioning out of one’s own intelligence. Whatever has yet to enter into one’s direct experience has no relevance whatsoever. And as long as there remains a large dimension of difference between one’s thoughts, ideas, beleifs - and one’s living reality - one is basically deceiving oneself. When yet to be verified by one’s own eye on the forehead - even that which is true becomes a lie - and where one has come to it’s discovery - even that which is false becomes the truth.

Siva,

“What you say is partly accurate, but sounds somewhat mental or book-learned”

What I have said arises out of my own direct experience, otherwise I would not have even said a word about the matter. And - on one hand one declares something to be book-learned, on the other hand everything that has dribbled out of your tongue has been out of borrowed knowledge.

“What I hope to do here is help clarify a couple points and not discourage you”

No, what you have said has been out of the desire to affirm your own ego. When I come across one who has ignited an eye on the forehead- I recognize him immediately.

“Prana and apana CAN and do come together elsewhere in the body, and can be made to move elsewhere other than in Sushumna, in the major nadis of the extremities.”

That is true. But not of much use, nor is the mere combination of prana and apana going to trigger an awakening of Kundalini. Kundalini is awakened once prana and apana are combined together and enter into the so called “Door of Brahman” at the base of the spine. The sushumna has three layers in which subtle nadis called suskhma nadis are included. In the subtlest layer, there is a small passaway which has been called the “Door of Brahman”. When these energies collide into that opening - then there arises what is called the “Kundalini”. Any other combination of prana and apana does not have the same effect, for the simple reason that most of the nadis emenating from the chakras all are linked to the sushumna. That is why the activation of the sushumna has always been a major part of the processes of the yogic sciences - because once you obtain a certain amount of control over this nadi - several other nadis and their corresponding energies also come within one’s control. The sushumna itself has certain qualities which are specific to it’s nature, and when one’s energies start moving there - it has a totally different effect than when they are moving anywhere else.

“There is not a “third energy,” rather there is a unification of two forces that were once alternating between ida an pingala, or ha and tha, that are now working as one.”

Whatsoever one calls it, it makes no difference. But once prana and apana collide together at the door of Brahman - it causes a transformation of their energies which has a definite change in quality.

“Keep up the good work. I have to go back to mine.”

Being as arrogant as you are - you have not even started the work.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;57099]Seeker,

“These powers have been described in Puranas. Instead reading self proclaimed ?gurus? seekers should read Puranas and Upanishadas.”

Instead of clinging to Puranas or the Upanishads, or the words of a master - one should start functioning out of one’s own intelligence. Whatever has yet to enter into one’s direct experience has no relevance whatsoever. And as long as there remains a large dimension of difference between one’s thoughts, ideas, beleifs - and one’s living reality - one is basically deceiving oneself. When yet to be verified by one’s own eye on the forehead - even that which is true becomes a lie - and where one has come to it’s discovery - even that which is false becomes the truth.[/QUOTE]

Why should anyone take any advice from a well read punk kid who merely parrots the words of another?

Hmmmm?

I clicked on your profile today.

Your a gemini one around 25 years old. I now see why you like to elaborate on my words . . . it’s something geminis do - sometimes.

You are but a baby.

Go suck your lolly.

Also you claim some sort of “awakening” and you disparage others on many occasions. I see no insight within your knowledge that would tell me that you are indeed awakened. Infact it’s quite the contrary.

So - i’m really wondering what you mean by ‘awakening’

I humbly await your B.S. reply…

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;57100]Siva,

“What you say is partly accurate, but sounds somewhat mental or book-learned”

What I have said arises out of my own direct experience, otherwise I would not have even said a word about the matter. And - on one hand one declares something to be book-learned, on the other hand everything that has dribbled out of your tongue has been out of borrowed knowledge.

“What I hope to do here is help clarify a couple points and not discourage you”

No, what you have said has been out of the desire to affirm your own ego. When I come across one who has ignited an eye on the forehead- I recognize him immediately.

“Prana and apana CAN and do come together elsewhere in the body, and can be made to move elsewhere other than in Sushumna, in the major nadis of the extremities.”

That is true. But not of much use, nor is the mere combination of prana and apana going to trigger an awakening of Kundalini. [B]Kundalini is awakened once prana and apana are combined together and enter into the so called “Door of Brahman” at the base of the spine.[/B] The sushumna has three layers in which subtle nadis called suskhma nadis are included. In the subtlest layer, there is a small passaway which has been called the “Door of Brahman”. [B]When these energies collide into that opening - then there arises what is called the “Kundalini”.[/B] [B]Any other combination of prana and apana does not have the same effect, for the simple reason that most of the nadis emenating from the chakras all are linked to the sushumna. That is why the activation of the sushumna has always been a major part of the processes of the yogic sciences - because once you obtain a certain amount of control over this nadi - several other nadis and their corresponding energies also come within one’s control. The sushumna itself has certain qualities which are specific to it’s nature, and when one’s energies start moving there - it has a totally different effect than when they are moving anywhere else. [/B]

“There is not a “third energy,” rather there is a unification of two forces that were once alternating between ida an pingala, or ha and tha, that are now working as one.”

[B]Whatsoever one calls it, it makes no difference. But once prana and apana collide together at the door of Brahman - it causes a transformation of their energies which has a definite change in quality. [/B]

“Keep up the good work. I have to go back to mine.”

Being as arrogant as you are - you have not even started the work.[/QUOTE]

In regards to yogic knowledge - the bolded part is wrong.