Need help. Suffering after doing Isha foundation Inner Engineering program

Everything, including chanting, has a DOSE. Correct dose will produce good effects. OVERDOSE will lead to great harm or even DEATH.

1 Like

How do we get to know the correct dose?

Your own body and mind will tell you. If you feel joyful during the rest of the day, exhibit tolerance and compassion when faced with difficult people or situations, then you can be sure you have taken the correct dose of divine medicine. If you feel irritable and intolerant and anxious during the rest of the day it is very likely you have done something wrong or gone overboard! Checking the pulse is a good way to understand where you are. If the pulse is around 70 or less you are fine. If it goes above 80, you are in overdose territory. Hold back for 2 to 3 weeks in that case and restart at the lowest dose possible. Good luck!

I came across this site when i was had disc slip after doing yoga practices I always had very athletic and lean body. More into games from childhood. I came across isha yoga watched lot of videos and decided to try it out. but after practicing it for few months i was hit very hard with back pain (disc slip in lower back) which crippled me both physically & mentally for weeks. But somehow i didnot want to give up on yoga since the way it made it feel was unparalleled. I tried to understand what happened to me first went to chiropractor sessions for few days and after few weeks i was able to walk freely. I went for full body tests and realized that i was severely short on both vitamin D & Vitamin B12 which was root cause of the back pain. After taking the supplements regularly all my problems went away and i continued isha yoga practices and infact went on to take more programs from them. I am glad i didnot give up on yoga.
Sorry for this long story but why i wanted to tell you all this story is let you guys know yoga is not source of the problem at least in my case. there are many stories written here about prana, kundalini syndrome & nonsense when no body knows what the hell it is. Today there is science to you tell you things dont go behind this nonsense. you fear things when things go in wrong direction. I had a similar experience with isha teacher when i had the problem with my back. All i was told is to continue my practice. To be fair to them, isha yoga teachers are not doctors or magicians all they know is yoga and how to teach it. Blaming them is not right. Instead take the responsibility and think what went wrong.

Stop the practice if you are not feeling great after doing the practise as simple as that. If it doesnt work for you stop doing it. At the same time it is stupid to stop something if you feel great.

2 Likes

Hello Friends, Since I am new at this forum, I will try to be brief and direct.
I believe you, as most of us that seeks the Yogic world, are looking for mental and Spiritual "release" from Samsara (mundane fears, attainments). Therefore you go to an intensive course that tells you can achine it, if you simply practice the exercises everyday.
As an aspirant, who has fought several depressions crisis and stumbled thru several yogic and non yogic techniques to get the "hang" of life, I can suggest you to quit all those fancy breathing techniques and stay with the basic Hatha-Yoga. Not that Pranayama can make wonders thru people and really help them thru their energetic alignment. But this should be you next step. Your body must be first "clean" and physically fit.
There is no ultimate yogic technique, there is what works and what does not fits to your western constitution (mental and physical). Continue with you regular Gym classes and look forward for a restorative or Basic Hatha-yoga (maybe Iyengar style), in which you spend a good time in each posture breathing deeply. That helps a lot people with energetic issues,
Open your mind to understand why are you getting so uncontrolled, maybe the practice is opening you to face that side you must take care, but take it easy, Talk to people about your anxieties and look for spiritual practices (whatever religion fits to you best). Be an spiritual seeker rather than an object or technique seeker.

Sure you will find what you are looking for. Just keep looking inside....

2 Likes

hi I attended the inner engineering course last year. In starting. I used to practise daily , after that some physical problem happened I was diagonsed with hypothyroid. Also, I have loss intrest in doing anything I am not getting focused , also I feel like there is no purpose of my life. Although i was a very positive and enthusastic person but now its reverse , not able to understand the cause

1 Like

You have followed a false guru and the result is obvious. Find a true guru. One who is simple and does not own a big organisation! A Guru who does not depend on your money for food and clothing! Find such a Guru. You will be happy. In the meantime follow the True Saints around you like Guru Nanak, Sri Ramthakur, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Jesus, Buddha, etc. Pray to them for healing. They will listen. They will heal. Joy Guru.

2 Likes

The last step is 6-7 minutes of breath watching, not 3-4 minutes. Do not modify the practice advised to you and say there are side effects. It's amazing how people miss the basics despite repeatedly made them to practice as well during the programs.

If you do wrong things, wrong things will happen to you, this applies to anyfield anywhere. suppose your Doctor advices you to rest after a surgery and this is just an example to make you understand, he advices you to take bed rest and not walk or jump around after a surgery and you do that, what would happen??

I am sure that the Teachers would have advised you not to modify it and customize it.

I have done bother AOL and Isha program basic ones and have experienced benefits from both of them.
One should nurture postive thinking and then grow on it. Like someone said, it's all about faith in anything you do.

Also one must be very attentive when doing these practices, your mindset, at least when you are doing the kriya should be positive, and not thinking about something negative that happened or someone you hate and something they did to you, or fearing something. Whatever is your state of mind during kriya gets enhanced. Though this is not taught in the class, I have learnt it from my own experience

Hello
I am passing through an impasse lately...
i Did the IE programme on july 2018...
upto october i have done much though i could not do 40 days at a strech. but from mid october due to time constraints i totally stopped it...
from december i dont know from where my age old nemesis is back to destroy me Asthma...
tbh i smoked in 2017 and all i wanted was to be completelty stripped of that ...in 2018 i totally stopped smoking and to take things further i did the programme...
But after what happened i am at a loss..
I just dont know how to get things good again ?broken both mentally and physically

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am on my 34 days of IE practice, seriously thinking of stopping, but decided to Google the bad effects from IE . I am experiencing bad effects after 8 days of doing IE and Isha Kriya . I had no fear of being in d dark or ghosts as I was working in a hospital and often had to pass by my hospital mortuary at least 3 times per week for the past 17years. On the first few days of practicing IE I experience fear and have to have my lights on 100% longer than before and low grade sadness started to creepinn along with other negative emotions and I am now developing mild eating disorder, urges to eat after 9pm. Initially, I even had vivid nightmares.

Before I join IE I was doing Vipassana and Metta meditation but I was advised to stop by the volunteers in Isha foundation.

With meditation Vipassana and Metta meditation I would often experience peace during and immediately after the meditation but with IE/ Shambhavi almost not any degree of peace after the first 8 days or so. I had a bad experience with a bad meditation teacher and had experienced some bad effects first hand so do not wish to go down the path.

As Buddha put it "try it...if it work for you use it otherwise ..drop it". Well I am definitely dropping the practice today.. Take care and thank you.

1 Like

Pls need urgent help. My friend he is doing Shambhavi mahamudra since last 8 days. Initially he was very happy with it. But from 6th day, he stated feeling a wierd shivering sensation in his brain which will come down till his neck. He used to be a very happy go lucky person initially, but after that he feels sad and to cry without any reason. He feels hopeless and feels to die at times. This is very wierd and he is realising it. But don't know how to come out of it.
Their is a negative change in his personality and wierd symptoms. Pls suggest help and what should he do.

1 Like

Hi sorry to hear about your friend
One thing your friend must do immediately is stop doing all the practice and throw out all the materials which might be there from Isha organisation.. if he goes to Isha teacher to discuss this they will say keep doing your practices nothing to worry you might be doing it wrong come for correction don't go there otherwise his life could become hell..if you go there you will find so many Happy people he won't be able to believe whatever is going through it is because of Isha yoga...

In one sense he is very lucky that you came across this forum so easily and so early you will not find too many negative press about satguru and isha organisation. but it is a cult very very subtly they brainwash people.

He is accused of killing his wife none other than his father in law but you won't find too much about that on internet...

This link might help him open his eyes if he is not too much impressed by him..

Didi got initiated by jaggi vasudev himself?
Hope it helps and all the best

Hi, i did my Isha Inner Enginnering in Sep 2018, after doing practice for about 15 days, i felt i am not able to keep myself relaxed, though i feel full energy, but somehow i feel anxious as well. So i stopped practicing, then again i started now few days back, i only realized that my anxious feeling was due to some other medical problem that i had. I think correct practice and overall well being is required to take the full benefit. but it's good if you contact them and make them understand your problem, instead of talking to their volunteers, try to contact the masters.

1 Like

If you have unprepared awakening/energy overload/imbalance issues, then you need to do following exercises-

1. Sub-occipital release exercises as there is lot of energy stuck in back of the head.

2. Along with it you should also do Jaw, neck, face, sinus release exercises.

3. You should also massage diaphragm area. Tap the rib cage area to open up passage of air through that part.

4. Gut and Stomach release exercises

5. Knees

6. Pelvic floor and Hip release exercises

7. Standing meditation , to direct the flow of breath/energy along the central channel of energy

There are certain areas of our body which are stress containers. With these exercises we aim to open up air passage ways in these regions making room for energy to settle down in lower parts making one feel grounded and stable.

I have compiled the required exercises which you can add to your daily routine - https://energygrounding.blogspot.com/

Hope these helps!

Hi! I came across your comment and I am beyond shocked to read this. Because I am suffering from the EXACT same thing after doing IE. I also feel a weird shivering sensation in the brain and neck region and don’t know how to come out of this.

Have been writing to Isha foundation and chasing them, but doesn’t seem they are willing to help.

I am keen to know how is your friend doing now? Is he fine? Or still facing any issue like this?

Waiting for your response.

Hi Sorry to hear about that one thing which you must do stop doing all the Isha practices immediately. If you are wearing rudraksha mala, snake copper ring for anything else from Isha throw them out from your house including jaggi vasudev photo if you have

If you will go to Isha teacher they will say keep doing your practices sadguru will take care of everything this was their standard answer 12 years back.

You will get out of it don't worry I have been to hell doing their practices but prior to suggesting anything more I need to know about your age and for how long you have been associated with Isha yoga.

Wish you all the best

That’s so true, Isha teachers do keep saying to continue the practices. They are totally blinded to logic. For every question, they have a copy paste answer of what Sadhguru would reply, as if they don’t have their own mind to apply anymore.

I had been doing Shambhavi for 2 years 3 months (2018-2020). Ever since initiation, my condition has been worsening.

I feel so restless (not mentally, but in my body) due to this energy that’s implanted during Shambhavi initiation. The energy is like a buzzing sensation, prominent behind the Heart chakra and also felt in neck and brain. This energy is always moving and hence keeps me VERY restless. I can’t even do simple tasks peacefully anymore, like sitting, reading, lying down, eating. He has ruined my life and I feel helpless because this seems irreversible.

I’m 32 years old. Got initiated when I was 28 years of age.

Also, would really appreciate if you can please share your contact number. I really want to get in touch with you. It would mean A LOT! :pray:t3: