Pranic Foods

[QUOTE=ramils;43573]Hey Sneha - The Almonds change their Guna based on how you eat them. After placing them overnite in water - do you eat them raw(ofcourse th einner part) or do you make a paste and then drink it. If you do the later - It is very beneficial and cools down your body and gives energy to mind - very good in Summer. But if you eat raw, ( even if not placing in water), it gives you energy and heat…so very good in winter.[/QUOTE]

That is an interesting point… The way you cook and the way you eat makes great difference

[QUOTE=antheasayurveda;43674] Tammas is the dull, heavy energy and foods that are old, oily, refined and processed are considered Tamassic. [/QUOTE]

What about oils (grapeseed, olive, pumpkin, hazelnut)? I think that they all are precessed…

Hi CityMonk. Yes all oils are processed, pretty much anything that comes in a bottle will have had some degree of processing. So yes they are tamassic and we have to be careful with which oils we buy and use. If we have too much of it or highly processed oils we are in danger of becoming tamassic. We also have to be careful with how much we use. But oil is necessary in life, especially for dry Vata type people, it lubricates our joints and is necessary for the body. So it’s not so black and white. It’s all about balance and awareness.

Thanks! This is something I’ve really missed and was very happy to find. :slight_smile:

In a medical journal from Canada I have found that Tibetan medicine was founded in the eigth century AD, according to medical historians.

Tibetan medicine combines the four most proeminent Asian medical systems: Chinese medicine, Ayurveda, Unani medicine and Bon Shamanic medicine.

The Tibetan medicine strongly recommends PadmaBasic, a herbal preparation used for thousands of years. It is a mixture of botanical ingredients based on a Tibetan formula.

http://www.choosecra.com/store/supplements/padma-basic.html

It has an inhibitort effect on oxidative stress damage of proteins and DNA. It is especially beneficial for the heart.

It can be found as ahealth supplement.

Vital Energy (Prana Vayu) is taken in to the body by the act of breathing.

[QUOTE=The Scales;45387]Vital Energy (Prana Vayu) is taken in to the body by the act of breathing.[/QUOTE]

That’s for sure.

The “pranic healing” consists in mind (will power) directing prana (life force) which really does the healing. This is the “method” of “miracle healing.” At least, this is what I understood from real texts on yoga.

[QUOTE=oak333;45405]That’s for sure.

The “pranic healing” consists in mind (will power) directing prana (life force) which really does the healing. This is the “method” of “miracle healing.” At least, this is what I understood from real texts on yoga.[/QUOTE]

Lets play a little game. I will be leading you on. So if you don’t want to play then thats fine . . . no hard feelings.

You’ve read this that “prana” does the healing.

Can you tell me how this occurs. The nature of its action.

it’s extent

and how it is utilized in the “method” of “miracle healing”

now Don’t just start guessing around and quickly look something up on the net or whatever.
Ponder it a little bit. Work it over. Write it down. Contemplate it. Meditate on it.
Are you skilled in the art of analytical mediation? The use that. Take your time. No hurry.

[B]“Milk is for Babies.”[/B]

• Arnold Schwarzenegger

[QUOTE=The Scales;45408]Lets play a little game. I will be leading you on. So if you don’t want to play then thats fine . . . no hard feelings.

You’ve read this that “prana” does the healing.

Can you tell me how this occurs. The nature of its action.

it’s extent

and how it is utilized in the “method” of “miracle healing”

now Don’t just start guessing around and quickly look something up on the net or whatever.
Ponder it a little bit. Work it over. Write it down. Contemplate it. Meditate on it.
Are you skilled in the art of analytical mediation? The use that. Take your time. No hurry.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is widely known. I can explain it but it takes too long. Suffice it to say that by concentration you can direct prana to the body part affected. We even practise exercises for it. I am not at liberty to disclose these exercises
as shown by our master. Prana (lifeforce )regulates all functions of the body.

There is literature about it, eg Second Coming of Christ by Yogananda. It is rather hard to have a quick look throughout this book, as it has two volumes,
each more than 800 pages.

I can quote the book “Healing Art of Qi Gong” by the Chinese master Hong Liu. He treated thousands of patients.

First page of the book:

Qi: The fundamental life force that permeates all things. When the flow of
Qi is impaired, we have disease.

Qi Gong: The art and science of using breath, movement, mind, and
meditation to cleanse, strengthen, and circulate the blood and
vital life energy.

you gave me book learning.

I guess you didn’t want to play.

:frowning:

Hye why not

[QUOTE=oak333;45405]That’s for sure.

The “pranic healing” consists in mind (will power) directing prana (life force) which really does the healing. This is the “method” of “miracle healing.” At least, this is what I understood from real texts on yoga.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but that kind of healing is harder, if not impossible today. Two thousand years ago the relation of koshas to each other was different, the spirit still had greater effect on the physical vehicle. Thus miracle healing, healing directly by adressing ones’ higher sheats, chanelling down healing forces was a possibility.

The idea, that human beings were the same all the time since 150,000 years, starting with homo sapiens (cro-magnon) man is false.
It is a common mistake of the sensorial mind. Like when they thought, the Earth is flat. Why did they think that ? Because waht they saw, was that the earth is more or less plane surface extending in all directions, towards the horizon. And, because they could not go far enough to realise that the Earth is in fact a globe, they projected their knowledge to the unknown. The same happens in case of materialist science. They know what the human physical body is today. They don’tknow (they don’t want to know, as materialist scientific thought is prejudiced by so many thing the scientist does not admit, or often is not even aware of) about the other constituents of human being, like pranomaya, manomaya kosha, and they even question the ego, or the self, thinking it is only a product of the physical brain. Of what kind of product that could be they fail to explain, and they craft a theory.
Anyway, my point, that the rarity of such miracle healings today is caused by the denser nature of the physical body. If I recall well, Sri Swami Sivananda also talked about how very few able, healthy bodied humans do live today. Of course, young people appear healthy, but this is only up to an age. Health does not equal youth. As man ages, karma catches up. Few have so favourable karma what makes higher spirtual practices possible. Hence the need for healings, and diets, and yoga, and all sorts of stuff.
If someone is sick, due to unfortunate karma, the best is to expereince it, and develop the necessary soul qualities through this karmic process. Karma is not punishment, karma is a formerly accepted task with the goal of self-improvment, simply, karma is wise. (And unpleasant, but you already know that :slight_smile: )

Prana Shakti is energy of Pingala nadi.

Ten foods for health:

How does eating this way affect someone that has cancer? or the prevention of inflammatory disease?

I have looked into many different types of diets and it get confusing.

[QUOTE=macjb;68245]How does eating this way affect someone that has cancer? or the prevention of inflammatory disease?

I have looked into many different types of diets and it get confusing.[/QUOTE]

Foods and supplements can cure cancer. Just read the book "Knock out"
by Suzanne Sommers:

In this book you will find interviews with medical doctors actually curing cancer by foods and supplements. Instead of “pharmaceuticals” you take
"nutraceuticals."

BTW. Their rate of success in curing cancer is high, well over 50 %. No fluke.

[QUOTE=macjb;68245]How does eating this way affect someone that has cancer? or the prevention of inflammatory disease?

I have looked into many different types of diets and it get confusing.[/QUOTE]

Many studies (actually over 600 !) have shown that curcumin is a strong:

1. anti-carcinogen
  2. anti-inflammatory
  3. anti-oxidant

Buy good quality curcumin (not all manufacturers are created equal !) and
disove it in a tablespoon of extravirgin olive oil, to increase its bioavailability. I poste about that before, in the thread “Dietary Supplements.”

Thank you I will pass this information on to my friend.

[QUOTE=macjb;68315]Thank you I will pass this information on to my friend. [/QUOTE]

Look at two of such doctors, healing cancer by foods and suppleements
(nutraceuticals):

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/

They are not the only ones.