Rishikesh Yog Peeth yoga school

hi yogis of the world
i’m currently in search for a school in india to take my yoga teacher training…
i was wondering if anyone have been or heard anything about rishikesh yog peeth… it seem prety good but it is always hard to choose a place from internet… it would be really appreciated to have any information

thanks
namaste
stephanie

hi stephanie
I was looking for the same ashram. It seems quite serious, but they are booked until sept. I’m searching reviews, and everybody sais ok. I found another TTC, Yogahut Tapovan…please google it…let me know your opinion…
Hari Om
adriana

[QUOTE=eyael;29327]hi yogis of the world
i was wondering if anyone have been or heard anything about rishikesh yog peeth… it seem prety good but it is always hard to choose a place from internet… it would be really appreciated to have any information

thanks
namaste
stephanie[/QUOTE]

Hi Stephanie

Rishikesh is yoga capital of the world and you can easily find a yoga school or teacher conducting yoga teacher training courses in every nook and corner of this spiritual town. When it comes to yoga teacher training, you need to focus on few basic things before selecting a yoga institute e.g. accredition & reputation of the institute, international certification, no. and quality of teachers, food and accommodation facilities, costs etc.

[B]Rishikesh Yog Peeth [/B]almost fulfills your requirements. It’s certainly not as big as [B]Sivananda[/B] but most of the TTC programs at Yog Peeth gets fully booked 3~4 months in advance which shows that it’s been conducting TTC programs quite successfully and receiving good feedbacks from the students who have graduated from yog peeth.

Another good option for you would be - [B]Parmarth Niketan[/B]

I too am looking at going to yog peeth in september or october of 2011 and it just sounds so wonderful. I’m a positive person and always want to think the best, however after i lost 2000 to an internet scam last year im deffinately on guard. I have heard nothing but good things about this school but the price seems very low for a school in Rishikesh (from my research they all seem to be more than 2000 usd) and theres not much info online that isnt from their own site. i was wondering if anyone had been to the school, what was your expierience like? any hidden costs? any problems?
p.s. i was also researching sivananda and have heard alot of negative reviews about overcrowding and not being able to get the 1 on 1 time with your instructor necessary to to do adjustments etc.
thank you so much,
om shanti
Harmony

Hi Harmony,
did you find out any more about yog peeth. My daughter and I are also looking to attend the same time frame, and I am also nervous about booking sight unseen.
thanks for any help.

Namaste
Sandy

Nameste every one

searching yoga teachers training courses in rishikesh ? I will recomond [B]Association for yoga and meditation India[/B] which provide authentic yoga with true wisdom of yoga blend with science and spirituality free from any religion or beliefs. It offers yoga teachers training courses for 200 and 500 hrs through Association for Yoga and Meditation and Indian Yoga Alliance registered International Yoga Federation Argentina and Yoga Alliance lead by Yogi Chetan Mahesh (M.Sc. yoga, ERT- 500) the Himalayan Yogi of Rishikesh. The yoga courses are residentia which focus asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, kriya, relaxation and meditation along with yogic anatomy and physiology, psychology and teaching methodology. for detail visite w w w indiainyogaassociation . com

I have signed up for Rishikesh Yog Peeth training beginning April 2011. They have been extremely helpful and timely responding to the questions I have had. I am incredibly excited, and feel very at peace with my decision regarding this school. There is not a vast amount of information outside of their own site, but based off of what is available and my contact via email…I am comfortable they are reputable and genuine. I will post something when I get there for anyone that is interested.

Looking at the courses page, total rip off. About 3 times what you’d pay for food, accommodation and 2 yoga classes per day in Risikesh. Its not an ashram, just a floor above a guest house, and an unremarkable guest house at that.

I’d advise you to go to Risikesh and look around before committing yourself and your money, to a course and school you’ve seen online.

Terence, I trust there is cheaper yoga in Rishikesh; however, there is no doubt that some people are looking for a yoga training that ends with a Yoga Alliance 200 hour certificate. In that case, I doubt there are any that are more affordable than yog peeth. In my search, I found that most are 2-3 times more expensive. Discussing the validity of wanting a particular yoga certificate is an entirely different post.

There’s my advice, it’s up to you if you want to take it. Best of luck.

i too was interested in this school and managed to get an open seat while in rishikesh and asked if i could visit the school and talk to the students

I turned out to be an multi-level hotel type building in a quite small foot print with a nice yoga shala near the roof.

nothing like the pictures on their website, we were told that was from the old place. no garden, no place to walk on the grounds, (you go out to the public street to stretch your legs with traffic , pilgrims and people)

we talked with a student there who was on her 3 rd week, she said she liked parts of the course especially the philosphy and bagavad gita teacher

the yoga asana classes were okay, not very subtle or adjustment oriented, quite basic

there was no pranayama practiced as a group in the daily schedule

she said she was glad she took the course, she’ll have her certificate, and now she knows she has so much more to learn and an idea of what to deepen her knowledge of next.

after that, we canceled, and searched again, and found there is no perfect yoga training course in india, you’ll never find everything in one month training

so i say, pick one, do it fully, and get your certificate, then study with a teacher somewhere more personally, either rishikesh, delhi, mysore, bangalore, chennai, etc.

Jairama, have you found any place where you attended the training?

From my researches, either you want to gain a westerner recognition and pay accordingly big dollars, being in India or in USA/Europe.
Or you do it the traditional way and find a guru or join an Indian university for 2 to 3 years.

I also have come to register with Yog Peeth as I thought this was the best(ish) alternative according to my actual situation. Even if the exchange of emails has been good and their website claims to teach “the traditional way”, I still have a strong feeling that this is a purely commercial operation like most of the places that have a presence on the web.

Trust me this has give me second thoughts for a long while… still does as I haven started the course yet.

So if anyone has found the graal and is willing to share, I’m a taker.

Namaste

Rishikesh Yog Peeth is offering 6 weeks yoga teacher training program registered with Yoga Alliance for US$ 1050 to 1150 including food and accommodation which is quite reasonable by any standard. Rooms are very simple with basic necessities like attached bath, 24 hours water supply, provisions for hot water etc. Food provided here is simply great. Yoga philosophy and anatomy classes are comparatively better than similar courses conducted elsewhere in Rishikesh. For asana classes, it has a faculty comprising of 4 experienced yoga teachers.

It’s quite obvious that one cannot feel or judge an institute just by visiting it once as an outsider or looking at it’s web site. Genuine feedback can only be provided by someone who has attended a TTC program at that institute.

To make things easier for the people who are looking for genuine feedback about Rishikesh Yog Peeth, I’ve found blogs of 2 yoga students who had participated in TTC conducted by Rishikesh Yog Peeth in Feb. 2011:

1. Teacher Training Course and Monkey Pee by Callie Sorensen @whereiscallie dot blogspot dot com

2. Yoga Teacher Training Summary by Beata @itsgoodforus dot com

I’m not eligible for posting links but I’m sure one can easily find these blog links through google. Attached here are few pics of the TTC classes held at Rishikesh Yog Peeth.

I’d also like to add it here that - [B]this place is not suitable for people who are looking for luxury, typical ashram life or cheap yoga classes.[/B]

There’s no such thing as ‘luxury, typical ashram life.’ In India, an ashram is not luxurious. Its a place of discipline. But as a teacher of teachers, I’m sure you already knew this.

The other classes in Risikesh aren’t necessarily cheap, just cheaper than yours.

As I’ve said above, I encourage anyone considering a course in Risikesh to take the time to train with various teachers first. Feel the energy of the Center and the teacher before committing. Parting with $1000 online before actually seeing the place is ridiculous. The best teachers in Risikesh don’t use any advertising, least of all a post like the one above.

[QUOTE=Terence;56378]There’s no such thing as ‘luxury, typical ashram life.’ In India, an ashram is not luxurious. Its a place of discipline. But as a teacher of teachers, I’m sure you already knew this.

The other classes in Risikesh aren’t necessarily cheap, just cheaper than yours.

As I’ve said above, I encourage anyone considering a course in Risikesh to take the time to train with various teachers first. Feel the energy of the Center and the teacher before committing. Parting with $1000 online before actually seeing the place is ridiculous. The best teachers in Risikesh don’t use any advertising, least of all a post like the one above.[/QUOTE]

Dear Terence,

I don’t mean to contradict you and to a certain extent I agree to what you’ve written above. Here, I’m trying to explain my own quote.

First of all, one shouldn’t combine…luxury, ashram life and cheap classes as they all exist separately.

We have yoga courses in India which costs approx. US$ 3500 for five weeks. This course is not only luxurious but highly professional as well.

Typical ashram life certainly represents simplicity, discipline and it’s quite good for spiritual upliftment. But there are hardly one or two ashrams in Rishikesh which are offering yoga teacher training courses. Moreover, there are few foreigners (specially those who are interested in yoga teacher training courses) who really enjoy ashram life. Personally, I’ve come across many foreigners who stay at an ashram, eat outside the ashram and learn yoga elsewhere.

When it comes to cheap yoga classes (with good quality), there are plenty of options available in Rishikesh. You can have a yoga class for free or for approx. US$ 2 and so on.

Traveling to Rishikesh without a plan to do yoga teacher training might suit to a few people but certainly not to all. Most of the professional course providers here ask for just 10 or 20% of the course fee as booking amount which is quite justified.

[B]Bottom line is:[/B] I’d like to recommend yoga teacher training aspirants to look for ex-students of the institute where they want to enroll and make a decision based on the feedbacks provided by them.

Please note that I don’t live in Rishikesh and information provided by me might not be 100% correct as it’s been gathered from my personal trips to Rishikesh and also from various yoga forums on the net.

[QUOTE=nikopol;54333]Jairama, have you found any place where you attended the training?

From my researches, either you want to gain a westerner recognition and pay accordingly big dollars, being in India or in USA/Europe.
Or you do it the traditional way and find a guru or join an Indian university for 2 to 3 years.

I also have come to register with Yog Peeth as I thought this was the best(ish) alternative according to my actual situation. Even if the exchange of emails has been good and their website claims to teach “the traditional way”, I still have a strong feeling that this is a purely commercial operation like most of the places that have a presence on the web.

Trust me this has give me second thoughts for a long while… still does as I haven started the course yet.

So if anyone has found the graal and is willing to share, I’m a taker.

Namaste[/QUOTE]

Dear Nikopol

Your post is quite interesting and [B]it’ll help a lot of yoga lovers[/B] who wish to [U]study yoga in India[/U] provided you define/explain the following terms in a few words or sentences:

1. “the traditional way” &
  2. “purely commercial operation”

e.g. what do you imagine when you think of learning yoga in [B]the traditional way[/B] and how a yoga course becomes purely commercial operation?

Thank you.

[QUOTE=Terence;56378]There’s no such thing as ‘luxury, typical ashram life.’ In India, an ashram is not luxurious. Its a place of discipline. But as a teacher of teachers, I’m sure you already knew this.

As I’ve said above, I encourage anyone considering a course in Risikesh to take the time to train with various teachers first. Feel the energy of the Center and the teacher before committing. Parting with $1000 online before actually seeing the place is ridiculous. The best teachers in Risikesh don’t use any advertising, least of all a post like the one above.[/QUOTE]

[B]The best teachers in Risikesh don’t use any advertising:[/B]

Dear Terrence

One of the best yoga teachers in India is a millionaire and in next couple of years he’s going to be a billionaire. He started it all right from the scratch a few years ago. He doesn’t advertise or asks for a fee for his yoga classes but money keeps coming in…many educated people across the globe and income tax officers in India are doing research on it. Wanna join this research club ?

[QUOTE=eyael;29327]hi yogis of the world

thanks
namaste
stephanie[/QUOTE]

Namaste Stephanie,
It seems that you are looking too confuse about your yoga training…
Don’t worry I m suggesting you a training school. Though it is very new but it is cheap and best and located in Rishikesh India.

For more detail please check the followings.

Rishikesh Yog Dham, Rishikesh

Don’t know if anyone is still looking for information about Yog Peeth. I attended the teacher training at this school April/May 2011 and would be happy to answer any questions. Overall, the experience was amazing and life changing. India can be confounding at times (which is one of many traits that make it an amazing place)…I will not say that everything happens exactly the way that we anticipate as Westerners…but if you go with an open mind and an open heart…I think any aspiring yogi will find this program to be quite amazing. In hindsight, this was the perfect place for my TTC and if I were going to do it all over again…I would certainly go to Yog Peeth. I am hoping they soon offer a 500 hour course.

Interesting pics from Rishikesh Yog Peeth’s photo gallery on FLICKR- [B]Yoga Teacher Training In India[/B]