Rishikesh Yog Peeth yoga school

can anyone compare yoga point n rishikesh you peeth??

[QUOTE=Rocket_Queen;67300]can anyone compare [B]yoga poin[/B]t n [B]rishikesh yog peeth[/B]??[/QUOTE]

You’ve done yourself a great favor by joining yoga community on Yoga Forums.com. Now get into YOGA and it’ll teach you compassion and you’ll simply forget about comparison.

Other good option is to start a new thread called - Yoga Point & Rishikesh Yog Peeth.

Hi Nikpool! Have u been at Yog Peeth? Any comments?

Namaste:

I recently spent two weeks at Anand Prakash ashram in Rishikesh (close to the Laxman Jhula bridge) and had an incredible experience. This ashram via Swami Vishua offers TTC 200 and 500. I am currently travelling India on a 6 month visa and have been trying yoga instructors and centres/ashrams as I make my way Southward to Kerala. So far, I had the best experience at Anand Prakash. It was a superb experience and the environment, accommodation, vibe of the ashram, food, instruction were more than I had hoped for. Even going into these experiences with an open mind, I have to admit there are always expectations from the Western mind that have to be examined. I have a couple months to go and have strong yearnings to return to Anand Prakash and to extend my travels to return for their teacher training 200. I have two friends who completed their training there over the past few years and they now return for vacation…I think the teacher training is around 1500 USD, but this needs to be confirmed.

I also had a short stay at Parmarth Niketan following Anand Prakash and left after a few days. It was not an environment that encouraged me to stay on. I know this is not the case for some and they also offer teacher training for around 800 USD.

Can anyone recommend places / instruction in Goa (thinking of Arambol).

Shanti Om,

Litzi

Anand Prakash is YA registered?

It’s not only registered, the quality of the instruction and their entire program is really superb. The swami also has an ashram in Toronto and he spends a number of months there during each year. He is just starting his second TTC course in Rishikesh in early November.

By second, I mean in Rishikesh this year. He does two, back-to-back. You can make further enquiries via their site, the response is quick.

Hope this is helpful.

[QUOTE=Kbren;66219]Don’t know if anyone is still looking for information about Yog Peeth. I attended the teacher training at this school April/May 2011 and would be happy to answer any questions. Overall, the experience was amazing and life changing. India can be confounding at times (which is one of many traits that make it an amazing place)…I will not say that everything happens exactly the way that we anticipate as Westerners…but if you go with an open mind and an open heart…I think any aspiring yogi will find this program to be quite amazing. In hindsight, this was the perfect place for my TTC and if I were going to do it all over again…I would certainly go to Yog Peeth. I am hoping they soon offer a 500 hour course.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kbren
what was good and what was bad at Yog Peeth?

Hi Tati, what was good and what was bad about Yog Peeth? A very interesting question…probably something you will spend a lot of time examining at Yog Peeth, Anand Prakesh or whatever yoga training in India you choose to attend…good and bad are merely perception…programmed memory. If you choose to go to Yog Peeth, you will laugh when you think back about what I just wrote when you hear Roshan’s first philosophy lecture. Yog Peeth is a pretty amazing place, and it sounds like Litzi really enjoyed Anand Prakesh. There is definitely more than one place for great instruction in Rishikesh…there are actually a lot of great places…a lot of great teachers. I think activelink maybe said it the best if you look back at this post. Get into Yoga…it will teach you compassion and you will forget about comparison. But I know that doesn’t really answer your question…I guess what I’m saying is that if you go with an open mind…I would imagine you will find whatever teacher training you choose to be life changing and very mind opening. Yog Peeth offers all of these things. I wouldn’t say anything about the program was bad…occasionally there were things that were unanticipated…but you really change so much during the whole experience that you don’t really seem to mind. I only attended yoga classes at a few other ashrams in Rishikesh…but I guess from my understanding what sets Yog Peeth apart is that I would call it a fusion Yoga program. Maybe it is not an ‘authentic’ ashram experience…and I only mean authentic in the sense that when I attended you stay in a guesthouse (they have rented out the whole big guesthouse and grounds) as opposed to an actual ashram. They are building an amazing ashram in the mountains that you will visit if you decide to go there…but I’m not sure when it will be finished. The founders and teachers are younger and they wear jeans and t-shirts when not in the asana class…they use facebook and have cellphones…I really enjoyed the vibe there. The rules about ashram life are more guidelines…Nobody is going to monitor your goings on or reprimand you for not wearing white…etc… In that sense, it worked really well for me. On the first day the director of the program suggested that these are the guidelines…and that part of our journey was to choose how we lived out that experience. I’m not sure if I’m giving you the answers you are looking for…I would just say that everyone in my group loved Yog Peeth and it was a great experience…a great place with great people. I’m sure there are other places that are also great in Rishikesh.

Thx so much for a broad answer. They just ask way too small money for 6 weeks comparing to other courses, that’s why I asked what was not so good. I thought maybe they have hidden costs, lack of comfort or just not rather professional. This is my first TTC and I want to have the luck and find serious teachers with good approach.

Tati, I had similar reservations about the price before I went there. I didn’t seem to make sense that their course was longer than a lot of others, and in some cases 1/3 of the cost. I decided to take a leap of faith as they only required a fairly small deposit and the funny part is I actually received more than what was promised. I came a day or two before the course and didn’t have to pay any extra. They also offered us three days free stay after the course. I can’t speak for other teacher trainings, because Yog Peeth is the only TTC that I have completed…but it is an amazing place…and the price is unbelievable. They are a not for profit group and invest the money they take in to building their new ashram in the mountains. Once you get there you realize that you can make money go a very long way in India. I think they are able to offer a very good program for the price in U.S. dollars and have plenty left to invest in their future. Maybe that answers your question about the cost.

My fears seem to vanish,
Thank you:-)

[QUOTE=Tati;67777]Thx so much for a broad answer. They just ask way too small money for 6 weeks comparing to other courses, that’s why I asked what was not so good. I thought maybe they have hidden costs, lack of comfort or just not rather professional. This is my first TTC and I want to have the luck and find serious teachers with good approach.[/QUOTE]

Hi Tati

TTC fee at Rishikesh Yog Peeth is US$ 1150 including food & accommodation which is quite reasonable by any standard. For some students it’s quite cheap and for some a bit expensive but it remains the same for everybody. They’ve been increasing the fee every year depending on inflation.

[B]Way too small money[/B]…have you found some yoga schools in Rishikesh which are charging normal fee like US$ 2000 (if you feel US$ 1150 is way too small) or way too high like US$ 3000 or 5000 or so for TTC? [B]It might be quite useful for other forum members who want to attend a yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh. [/B]

[B]Comfort or professionalism doesn’t come from money. In real life, it comes from people.[/B]

Rishikesh Yog Peeth would love to welcome you provided you go there with open heart and mind (it’s not that they don’t take people who don’t come with open heart).

[B]Anyway, thanks to you and to Kbren.[/B]

Best regards.

Dhiraj

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;67784]
[B]Way too small money[/B]…have you found some yoga schools in… [/QUOTE]

Hi Tati

Please ignore my queries.

Thanks & Enjoy.

Dhiraj

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;67802]Hi Tati

Thanks & Enjoy.

Hi Dhiraj,
I actually compared all affordable TTC`s around the globe. And made a conclusion that Yog Peeth is profitably differ from others. I hope they have a good demand and lots of thankful students. It always comes so when you see only benefits you want to know of the other side of the coin just to make sure that may deal with it. For me the price in YP is reasonable and I made a decision. Thanks for all comments.

[QUOTE=Tati;67803][QUOTE=ActiveLink;67802]Hi Tati

Thanks & Enjoy.

Hi Dhiraj,
I actually compared all affordable TTC`s around the globe. [/QUOTE]

You are right, Tati. Your queries are quite justified. I’d have done the same thing…

Hey Yogis interested in TTC in Rishikesh. I attended Rishikesh Yog Peeth in April/May of 2011, and a few people have written me asking for more info. I had a great experience at this TTC, and think most people would really enjoy. I happened to notice that somebody recommended Rishikesh Yog Dham’s TTC a while back, and at the time the name didn’t register with me. I have recently come to realize that Rishikesh Yog Dham is the school started by one of my Asana teacher at Rishikesh Yog Peeth. His name is Arvind, and he is an absolutely wonderful human being and yoga teacher. He is one of the most smiling happy people I have ever met…and he will absolutely kick your butt with love in asana class. I have not attended his TTC, but just based off my interactions with Arvind, I recommend checking out rishikeshyogdham.com. I would imagine that his TTC would be wonderful. I believe they are offering 200,300 and 500 hour trainings. I’m not sure if they are YA or not, but I’m you could find out by contacting them.

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;68038][QUOTE=Eloy;68029]

A accuses B = B is not bad
C praises B = B is not good

Before I die I want to shoot A, B & C

[

](http://www.socialphy.com/posts/art/5199/Before-I-die.html" target="_blank)[/QUOTE]

& also D

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;68040][QUOTE=ActiveLink;68038]

& also [B]D[/B][/QUOTE]

It seems as if A, B, C & D have already been photographed by the moderator. I’m not interested in this project anymore.

Yesterday I registered for TTC in April 2012 and I?m very happy with my decision, it was hard for me to make it before going to India.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, this forum helped me a lot :slight_smile:

Peace