Rishikesh Yog Peeth yoga school

Anyone going to TTC at Rishikesh Yog Peeth Feb 2012???

Yoga is so popular in India , that not only Rishikesh but also some small less know cities are also emerging as best place to learn yoga like Indore in Madhya Pradesh. Here you can learn and become certified Yoga teacher with [B]Yoga Teacher Training Certificate 200 hrs (Yoga Alliance USA), Indore[/B].

[QUOTE=Litzi;67602]Namaste:

I also had a short stay at Parmarth Niketan following Anand Prakash and left after a few days. It was not an environment that encouraged me to stay on.
Litzi[/QUOTE]

Could you please explain on the “environment theme”, what turned you off?

[QUOTE=Kristix;68732]Could you please explain on the “environment theme”, what turned you off?[/QUOTE]

Dear Kristix

We all are humans with a so called brain which gets manipulated by various factors. Perhaps what turned off Litzi might turn you on. It’s better not to depend on Litzi’s answer and do what you feel like. In general, most of the time public opinion gathered from a particular place is not always right. Follow your own instincts and judgements based on feed backs from experienced travelers. There is nothing wrong in taking a bit of risk in life if you want to enjoy it.

Thank you.

It is not about risk or “so called brain which gets manipulated”. It is about common sense and there’s nothing wrong with other opinions. Forum is for discussions and making one’s own sense of it all afterwards, based on a lot of factors, not manipulation. If I wanted to decide on my own, without anybody else’s impressions - I would not be reading this forum.

[QUOTE=Kristix;68764]Forum is for discussions and making one’s own sense of it all afterwards, based on a lot of factors, not manipulation. If I wanted to decide on my own, without anybody else’s impressions - I would not be reading this forum.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right Kristix. A good forum is certainly about positive and constructive discussions. As per my personal experience, accommodation facilities & infrastructure at Parmarth Niketan is simply excellent. It’s location is best in town. It also conducts Ganga Arti (evening prayer) which is a major tourist attraction.

Interesting conversation. I was also looking at Yog Peeth and I am considering. I am not looking for a teacher training program however. I am only looking for a 10 day stay in India to allow for time to immerse myself in the Spirituality, the Culture, Mediation and Yoga. I need a break.

I would like quality but I am not able to spend a lot of American dollars there. I have already put deposit down on a rather pricey two week trip but I can’t afford to follow through so now I am looking at other options (and letting go of the deposit :(.

Is Yog Peeth a good option of a 10day or two week Immersion Program?

Where else should I look? Thank you!

[QUOTE=maritimesky;69348]Interesting conversation. I was also looking at Yog Peeth and I am considering. I am not looking for a teacher training program however. I am only looking for a 10 day stay in India to allow for time to immerse myself in the Spirituality, the Culture, Mediation and Yoga. I need a break.

I would like quality but I am not able to spend a lot of American dollars there. I have already put deposit down on a rather pricey two week trip but I can’t afford to follow through so now I am looking at other options (and letting go of the deposit :(.

Is Yog Peeth a good option of a 10 day or two week Immersion Program?

Where else should I look? Thank you![/QUOTE]

Dear Maritimesky

Just to help or inform other forum members, please specify where did you put deposit, how much and why did you decide not to join that program. Secondly, how much do you want to spend for your 10 days yoga & spirituality retreat in India. We all here at this forum would like to assist you some way or other in finding the best possible options.

Thank you.

I don’t feel comfortable sharing where I put the deposit, only because I have changed my mind mostly due to cost of the two week retreat ($3,000 US- I can no longer afford this due to change in my circumstances) but also because my intuition is telling me it isn’t right for me. I don’t want to share those personal thoughts because they aren’t necessarily positive and I don’t want my personal thoughts on the program to influence others negatively. I hope you understand. I am beginning to think that I need to carve my own path, pick a place on the map, arrive and then walk around until I find a place to stay and explore what feels right to me. It has been so confusing trying to find something online for this trip and I don’t mind traveling this way with a partner but this will be my first solo trip, so there is some anxiety about not planning anything in advance. I am able to budget no more than $1,000US at this time if I plan a trip sometime in early 2012.

[QUOTE=maritimesky;69374]I don’t feel comfortable sharing where I put the deposit, only because I have changed my mind mostly due to cost of the two week retreat ($3,000 US- I can no longer afford this due to change in my circumstances) but also because my intuition is telling me it isn’t right for me. I don’t want to share those personal thoughts because they aren’t necessarily positive and I don’t want my personal thoughts on the program to influence others negatively. I hope you understand. I am beginning to think that I need to carve my own path, pick a place on the map, arrive and then walk around until I find a place to stay and explore what feels right to me. It has been so confusing trying to find something online for this trip and I don’t mind traveling this way with a partner but this will be my first solo trip, so there is some anxiety about not planning anything in advance. I am able to budget no more than $1,000US at this time if I plan a trip sometime in early 2012.[/QUOTE]

$1,000US should be more than sufficient for 10 days trip on the path of yoga & spirituality specially in a town like Rishikesh. Carving your own path seems to be a very good decision. Basic recommendation, book a room for yourself for one night at Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh. Spend a day on visiting other places (hotels/ashrams etc.) and meeting a few yoga teachers. Hopefully, this will help you in deciding what to do next. Delhi airport to Rishikesh is a 6 hours journey. For first time visitors to India, traveling by car is recommended. Even traveling by train to Haridwar and then by car to Rishikesh is a good option. I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time in Rishikesh. All the best.

What can you do with $1000? You can do everything with $1000. You can change your entire life with $1000 - [B]Olivia Waters[/B]

Namaste dear yogis!
I attended in Rishikesh Yog Peeth in December 2010/ Jenuary 2011 and honestly that was one of the best things ever happend to me. The teachers, the lectures,the organisation, the whole programme was amazing!!! So inspiring and unforgetable! And I’m not say experience as something different and unknown! The yoga experience, the wisdom and knowledge i got!!! Rishikesh is really magical place but it will show its magic and spirit if u truely open ur heart to see it!

Namaste!
Shiva Yoga Peeth was the place of my introduction yo yoga and meditation, and i’m very happy with the results i’ve achieved in this week that has passed.
The teacher, Swamiji, is really good, and explains everything in a very detailed, patient and funny way.
The school has good accommodations and has an amazing rooftop, from which yoga classes are held, and with nice view to the Ganga.
Here all the students are taking care off, providing food to all and even a ride back to the hotel for those who are installed further away from the school.
You feel at home in this place.
Highly recommended.

Latest update: Rishikesh Yog Peeth has been upgraded from RYS 200 to RYS 500.

Thanks to you all for your love and support.

[QUOTE=Kristix;68732]Could you please explain on the “environment theme”, what turned you off?[/QUOTE]

Hi Kristix:

This response is quite delayed, I haven’t been on the forum in a while. I meant by environment only that it is a very large ashram and for me was a bit daunting because of the size. It is also a beautiful place. I still recommend it, especially the sunset arti on the Ganges, it is very moving.

Peace,
Litzi

[QUOTE=AlexDuren;73981]Active Link
your reputation in Rishikesh is already quite negative. [/QUOTE]
Hi Alex

The person who dragged you into this “dirty picture” is notorious for…
He intentionally created “Aprakash” id to mislead people and instead of replying to my post on Photo Gallery thread, he inspired you to write against us on Rishikesh Yog Peeth thread. And you are not the only one here. Tomorrow, he’ll ask another student to write something against us or others.

Fact is - such criticisms don’t have any negative impact on us, rather I enjoy reading and replying to it. Our real strength comes from our students and they know us better than outsiders who keep on measuring our reputation every 2nd day.

Have a wonderful time.

[ul]01 October to 10 November 2012 :: US$ 1250 (200 Hour Certification - RYT 200) :: Fully Booked[/ul]
[ul]12 November to 22 December 2012 :: US$ 1400 (300 Hour Certification - RYT 500)[/ul]

[ul]04 February to 16 March 2013 :: US$ 1250 (200 Hour Certification - RYT 200)[/ul]
[ul]18 March to 27 April 2013 :: US$ 1500 (300 Hour Certification - RYT 500)[/ul]
[ul]07 October to 16 November 2013 :: US$ 1350 (200 Hour Certification - RYT 200)[/ul]
[ul]18 November to 28 December 2013:: US$ 1500 (300 Hour Certification - RYT 500)[/ul]

Author [B]Mr. Suhas Tambe[/B] will be conducting Yoga Sūtra workshops in a 10 Hrs week-end module at yoga school [B]Rishikesh Yog Peeth[/B], based on his path-breaking book ?The Making of a Yoga Master? (Hohm Press, AZ). The book brings to you a new sequence to sutras that reveals Raja Yoga as a sound holistic theory and a clear road-map with well-defined milestones. It is the most exciting introduction of Yoga Sūtra to the newcomers and a great value-add for the Yoga teachers.

[B]Friday, 9th Nov, 2012[/B]

Session 1: Raja Yog is life/ Overview 9 AM to 10 AM

2. Basics                                           10:15 AM to 11:30 AM

3. Seeker                                          11:45 AM to 12:45 PM

4. Disciple                                         2 PM to 3 PM

5. Yogi                                              3:15 PM to 4:30 PM

(Q & A)                                         5 PM to 6 PM

[B]DAY 2: Sat, 10th Nov, 2012[/B]

6. Asana & Pranyama                      7 AM to 8 AM

7. Mahayogi                                    9 AM to 10 AM

8. Paramayogi                                 10:15 AM to 11:30 AM

(Q & A)                                        11:45 AM to 1 PM

Rishikesh Yog Peeth in association with Hotel Ganga Kinare will co-host this very popular International Yoga Festival. Experts of this ancient technique will be invited here to enrich your yoga experience. The Holy River Ganges will serve as a fitting backdrop for the lectures and special yoga sessions that will be conducted during this very inspirational event for yoga enthusiasts. Source: http://www.rishikeshyogpeeth.com/international-yoga-festival-india.html

[B]Happy Holi !![/B]