Teacher training - where?

Dear Friends

I have practiced yoga daily for 5 years now. I am keen to become a yoga teacher. Can anybody advise me on good places to train or tips for taking this path. Has anyone done the Sivananda course? Or the Wheel of Yoga course in the UK?

Thank you so much for your time.

A lotus for you,
Ritchie

Hi!

I suggest you go to Pranav Yog Kendra, Chennai, INDIA.

They have special tailor-made programs for Teachers Training.

They are blending Science with Tradition. They have an interesting yoga concept called PRANA DHARANA YOGA.

Visit their website: www.pranavyogkendra.com

Sundaram G M

Hello rubber ritchie , do you practise with teacher now , or do you self practise ?

I been practicing yoga for long and looking to do yoga ttc this year . any suggestions

You can see the teacher training courses offered at Tulasidalam in Kerala. I did my yoga teacher training there. Find their blog or facebook page.

hi
Thanks for your suggestion but i found yoga school At Association for yoga and Meditation located at rishikesh India, and i am excited to do teachers training over there in March. My friend Meagan from Canada is doing presently doing yoga ttc now and she told that yoga master yogi chetan Mahesh is amazing in teaching and she also told that they will get many styles of yoga like ashtanga vinyasa and hatha yoga in ttc. i am so excited to join

Prascina,
Could you tell me more about your experience of the TTC at Tulasidalam? Thinking of going there for the July session. Thanks!

First let me say I was lucky and blessed to have found this place when I wished to do my yoga course. The place is a real spiritual hideout like a hermitage as the number of participants are very limited. The nature is great. Food is totally Kerala vegetarian. Most dishes are made of rice very different. To say about the classes its the best as its one special place where philosophies are practiced with a smile, very special I have to say as I have done different yoga retreats where all I always felt some kind of heaviness out of something important. By the end of the course you will feel lost at the thought of leaving the place…smiling… do enjoy your course.

Namaste :slight_smile: you may check for TT in Italy at Samadhi Yoga school, it is in tuscany :slight_smile:

lot of passion for yoga there :slight_smile:

Yes, Samadhi is my Yoga school and I’m really happy and satisfied with it. It’s in Florence, Italy and it offers also intesive trainings! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=yogiom;52323]hi
Thanks for your suggestion but i found yoga school At Association for yoga and Meditation located at rishikesh India, and i am excited to do teachers training over there in March. My friend Meagan from Canada is doing presently doing yoga ttc now and she told that yoga master yogi chetan Mahesh is amazing in teaching and she also told that they will get many styles of yoga like ashtanga vinyasa and hatha yoga in ttc. i am so excited to join[/QUOTE]

Hi yogiom
How was the TTC at Association for yoga and meditation? I’d be interested in your experience and opinions on the course.
Thanks

Hi , supersonic

I am on the third week of the course, at Association for yoga and meditation , Indianyogaassociation.com and I can really recommend it to you. I came to india looking for a good YTTC and it was really difficult at first to find good information and make a decision. It was not until I got to Rishikesh that I found this place and I loved it. The facilities are great, but what’s more important is the people that run the course - a very professional team that is committed to delivering the best experience. The environment is friendly and very respectful, and our teacher has over 15 years experience teaching TTC in several countries. One thing that I like is that the course is well structured and balances very well the yoga tradition with the new yoga trends around the world. All your questions will be answered with well thought responses.
Finally, the place is beautiful - I think it’s the best spot in Rishikesh - geographically and commercially speaking.
So if you really want to learn and have a good time, I think you’ll love this course!

Just found this thread again. Hi guys.

Just wanted to say I did the Sivananda Yoga TTC about 6 years ago. It is very poor as a teacher training course. Too intense and didn’t come away feeling equipped to teach. There are classes every afternoon but most of the course is chanting and brain washing about how amazing the (deceased) gurus are. Only 2 meals a day (part of the brainwashing technique?) and so little sleep! They wake you at 5.30 (every day of the course without fail) and they keep you awake until about 10.30. My advice is go to the Wheel of Yoga or a more modern school. Definately avoid cultish, religious groups. They are more concerned about taking your money than making capable teachers.

Always interested in hearing about experiences at different teacher training.

While I wasn’t there so wont speak to the cultish ‘vibe’ and that part of your post was informative.

However I think you may have oversold some of the other ‘brainwashing’ efforts.

7 hours sleep is not all that little especially during an intensive workshop or teacher training course, or even life. It may be less than ideal for many who need the 8 or more hours sleep for optimal performance and regeneration but it certainly falls short of sleep deprivation for purposes of brainwashing.

I went to a ‘modern’ school including an intensive retreat and we were practicing by 5:30am or earlier and yes to fulfil the hours of practice in a short intensive most TTC will be pushing late in the evening.

Modern teachers like Bryan Kest highly recommend the full emersion technique. “A training of this nature has to be an immersion. Regardless of whether it is two weeks,… six months or longer; however long one needs to get a taste of it, to feel it. It shouldn?t be just an intellectual concept, it should be an experience.”

I don’t want to push you to open up more about your experience if it is painful to you. I do think hearing points of view may help others make their best choice at least more informative.

RR,
If you have a regular practice and teacher why don’t you ask them? They will know your practice and understand more about what you ‘need’ to do. If you want to stay in the same linage perhaps you can train with your teachers teacher.

[B]What a great post Ritchie !! [/B]

You posted it in May 2004 and even after 7 years people (with few exceptions) are finding it attractive enough to use it as a platform for self promotion with multiple IDs.

There is no harm in self promotion but lets do it openly with concrete facts.

Congrats Lollobart.

[QUOTE=gingergirl;52393]Prascina,
Could you tell me more about your experience of the TTC at Tulasidalam? Thinking of going there for the July session. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy your course in July at Tulasidalam with Sinduma?

I am offer a Yoga Alliance International 200 hr. ttc in Tuscany, Italy this Sept. 18 - Oct.8. It is an integral style of yoga called ‘Transformational Yoga’ which includes hatha asanas, pranayama, mantras, and meditation techniques. Advanced 500hr courses are also forming for Jan. and Feb., 2012. Do a google search for: transformational hatha yoga for more info or contact me. Michelle Kaminski

[QUOTE=ActiveLink;65535][B]What a great post Ritchie !! [/B]

You posted it in May 2004 and even after 7 years people (with few exceptions) are finding it attractive enough to use it as a platform for self promotion with multiple IDs.

There is no harm in self promotion but lets do it openly with concrete facts.

Congrats Lollobart.[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm is so clever, not. What is your point? I put my link in my signature. So what? I came across this old thread and wanted to share my experience. Which facts I am stating are not concrete? What ‘multiple IDs’? Jog on mate.

[QUOTE=rubber_ritchie;65674]Your sarcasm is so clever, not. What is your point? I put my link in my signature. So what? I came across this old thread and wanted to share my experience. Which facts I am stating are not concrete? What ‘multiple IDs’? Jog on mate.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ritchie

Nothing personal against you or anybody out here. There is nothing wrong with your signature. You’ve put it in a right way. The purpose behind my post was to encourage people to promote themselves openly by explaining about their services, putting links, discussing the same with forum members etc.

If you carefully observe some posts, you’ll find out what exactly I mean.

Have fun.