The Greatest Healer is You

from my experience - the only thing we need to do is to start living this lifestyle…
and this forum is a perfect place to find support and info.
good luck to all who is about to begin walking that path…

[QUOTE=john32;68110]from my experience - the only thing we need to do is to start living this lifestyle…
and this forum is a perfect place to find support and info.
good luck to all who is about to begin walking that path…[/QUOTE]

absolutely true!

i just ordered 2 packs of snogg patch for my back pain, and received a promo code “2for1loyalcustomer” to “get 2 packs of snogg patches when ordering 1” from amazon seller (sweeney shop). must email this code to them right after placing order.
just want to share this…

many thanks! it worked!

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;63500]Dear Friend:

The various [I]yog-asanas[/I] and[I] pranayamas[/I] which are part of yoga produce physical relief least because of the physicality of the practices, and most because these practices purify the astral body which is composed of the flow network of [I]prana~shakti[/I], the divine [B]living[/B] force.

Imperfections in the astral flow arise out of one’s karmic past, which in turn is composed of imperfect actions, which are, in short “against nature” and born of identifying the self with just the body, which is typical of animals.

We all have performed and accumulated the effects of such imperfect actions over numerous past births and now they may show up as ailments.

What you got from asana and pranayama should serve as an eye-opener leading to an inner assertion that [B]“It is [I]Prana~Shakti[/I] that healed me”.[/B]

Since [I]Prana~Shakti[/I] is the living divine force that drives the body and mind, why not attempt to leave the mind in the care of [I]Prana~Shakti[/I] for a few minutes daily.

[B]Mahayoga[/B] gives us a simple technique for attaining this. This technique is based on the fact that although many say that “everything is an devolute of[I] Prana[/I]”, its nature in is that of the movement of breath. So, handing over the mind to Prana would mean following the automatic movement of Prana i.e. following the air that enters and leaves the body on its own.

So do try these steps daily for 3 to 21 minutes. You will be surprised.

[ol]
[li]Sit in any position (preferably on a wool floor mat) and relax the body to the maximum.
[/li][li]Calmly close the eyes with inner readiness to let Divine [I]Prana~Shakti[/I] work on her own, through your body and mind. With such inner readiness, [I]Prana[/I] will rise up and up in the backbone.
[/li][li][B]Allow[/B] automatic breathing to take place. Simply follow the air entering and leaving the body. Do not impose any pattern. If some involuntary actions take place, allow them to take place. They are the actions of [I]Prana~Shakti[/I].
[/li][/ol]
This way, the mind is engaged only and only the divine[I] Prana~Shakti[/I], who, thus functions beyond ego and commences internal purification.

I am myself a mahayoga aspirant and can vouch for this technique prescribed by my Guru P.P. Narayan Dhekane Maharaj.

regards, anand[/QUOTE]

let me see if i have got this right,that i understand you correctly…you are saying that some poor child born with a mental or physical ailment is handicapped/punished in this way because of imperfections in their past live(s)?

so you might say that some poor downs syndrome baby or a child born with no legs has only themselves to blame and they rightly deserve their fate…?

i am intersested as to how many people on this forum believe that this is the way and is the truth

[QUOTE=vishnu;68566]so you might say that some poor downs syndrome baby or a child born with no legs has only themselves to blame and they rightly deserve their fate…?

i am intersested as to how many people on this forum believe that this is the way and is the truth[/QUOTE]

yeah, it’s totally untrue

there is no correct answer to this question, guys

[QUOTE=john32;68631]there is no correct answer to this question, guys[/QUOTE]

:lol:

i need to know what the consensus of opinion is regarding this matter…i might very well be in the wrong place

the place is right, vishnu, the opinions are somewhat different…

yoga is all about practice, If you practice in right direction then only you will get benefits of yoga.

[QUOTE=HealthAndYoga;68726]yoga is all about practice, If you practice in right direction then only you will get benefits of yoga.[/QUOTE]

how many times a week should I practice yoga to take full benefits?
thanks

as much as you feel like, john

1-2 times a week, not everyday right?

In my experience, every other day is sufficient enough to prevent the progress I have gained in flexibility and strength to diminish. If I go more than two days without practice, I find that my body becomes lazy in those two days pretty quickly.

I have a dear friend who is 61 that has her personal practice in the mornings, daily, and teaches two classes a day.

As it was stated, its entirely up to you.

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;63581]Dear friend:

Thanks for this post.

Yogis are always trying to attain this “not you”. But this trying also involves “you”. That’s why [I]mahayoga[/I] tells us a way to surrender this “you” to the “not you”.

This “not you” is in fact your [I]Prana[/I], the surrenderable version of which is the breath which takes place from birth till death.

All one has to do is Accept and surrender to Prana, daily for a few minutes and allow Prana, rather than that “you” to roam the inner universe.

regards, anand[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t have said it better myself!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Your brought a smile to my heart, dear Anand. Thank you!! :stuck_out_tongue:

absolutely amazing words!

[QUOTE=oak333;64484]Crabs can grow back their broken claws. People cannot-except the teeth during childhood.
Why so ? Because the basic cells in the people formed their own habits and refused to obey the mind.

Mental healing is of different types:

—autosuggestion (imagination)

—feeling

—reasoning

—power of will[/QUOTE]

how power of will works with healing?

i think it’s just a will to heal oneself.
not sure it works…

In the authentic original yoga wisdom, the intention is to release the idea of will as pertains to yourself as a person and RECEIVE the Will as pertains to the cosmic Divine Presence (whatever you choose to call that Essence).

Healing simply means being in complete alignment with the Cosmic Presence. If we want to heal something that is “personal” (ie, that perpetuates attachment to the physical world), it’s probably not in alignment with our own soul’s “prime directive”.

It my be productive (according to our Soul’s plan) to be in some sort of physical discord. It’s not possible as a mere human with limited 3-dimensional perspective to comprehensively see the cosmic plan that our own Soul (the Divine resonance) has laid out for us.

Receiving (that means wholeheartedly welcoming) that Cosmic plan (that we don’t see or understand yet) is the essence of healing. It’s what being in the flow of Divine Will means.

Human will is the opposite of healing/harmony. Human willfulness may produce limited results for a limited period of time but it’s not the ultimate solution.

The more you experience yoga in its original form, the more you realize this.