The Greatest Healer is You

“The more you experience yoga in its original form, the more you realize this.”

absolutely agree

"Human will is the opposite of healing/harmony."
what do you mean by that?

I personally have plummeted to the depths of suffering, enduring emotional and physical agony for over 10 years. I came to understand the precious gift of it and, because of the pain, I’ve learned many things.

I’ve learned that giving up all that I was (all that I thought I was, that is) including all I was doing, was vital for my soul and an essential element of an expanded awareness.

I could not sit. Even lying without movement was tortuous. However, lying down for days introduced me to a horizontal reality where birds soar and and butterflies flutter, where thoughts drift and knowing hovers.

The deep silence brought forth awareness of other realities of consciousness and contemplating these have led me beyond my previously self-imposed limitations.

Now, had I used my human “will” early on to “heal” my body so that I could get back to doing my human routine, I would have placed an immense obstacle in the path of my Soul which was co-creating this suffering so that I could be enlightened by my experience of that deeper reality.

As I said in my previous post, our limited human mind (our will) has tunnel vision and can’t see the greater horizon of possibilities our Soul is unfolding for our benefit.

Had my human will prevailed, I would have returned to my human judgmental attitude (“I don’t want _____”) and self-centred thought process (my world revolving around whatever I perceived was part of my reality) with a body that had that particular illness “handled”.

Instead, I released myself to the Will of the Cosmic Creative LIfe Force of which I am a spark. I embraced an awareness introduced to me through devastating illness, a universal signature of the gateway to an expanded and brilliant future.

I was to find in the ugliness of suffering the subtle beauty of vulnerability; the strength that the Cosmos reveals through weakness; the truths that Nature exposes over time; and the slow, cyclical process of soul healing that goes on invisibly within the dark, damp earth of oneself.

Healing/harmony isn’t what humans perceive it to be – a fit body with no blemishes and a certain set of criteria that the medical community arbitrarily deems as “being healthy”.

Healing/harmony is one’s life force moving in symphony with one’s Soul’s ultimate intention and direction. We didn’t come into this life to collect things (including approval from others or titles and accolades) or to look good to other humans with their limited ideas of what that means.

We came into this life to embody the Brilliance of the Cosmic Radiance; the Fire of Creation itself. That applies to everyone, no matter the circumstances in which they find themselves.

You see, it’s not what we do with the energy of our lives that matters; it’s what we allow the energy of our lives to do with us. Only when we are wholly vulnerable to that Creative River that Truth reveals itself to us.

I discovered that there is no individual “I” and there is no collective “We” (which implies more than one separate Being). There is only the collective “I”; Oneself in an infinite number of forms.

The agony I endured was simply a reminder that whatever I was doing or wanted to achieve, my intention must spring from this one purpose alone – that of experiencing that collective “I”.

The beauty of it is beyond words; beyond thought, even. The result was the experience of healing/harmony at its core.

And I never would have glimpsed it if my human will had prevailed.

I trust this clarifies my statement?

Blessed Be!

so inspiring!
thanks for the story, Sunshine

It is my humble honour, kima, to share whatever I can of my personal experience that may be of support to others.

The really inspiring thing, though, is that each of us – all of us – carry within us the power to genuinely heal ourselves at the deepest level (which may not look like healing, by the way, to our human way of perceiving things).

It’s a phenomenal gift from Creation. The back/spine area of the body is symbolic of a specific vibratory field. That field (of our own Being) is giving us a message if we choose to be vulnerable enough to hear it.

Yes, we can move through the various yogic postures that strengthen and align the physical structure of our bodies; however, if we combine these postures with the dynamic inflow of Cosmic Purpose, our healing will be ever so much more profound.

That’s the essence of the original yogic wisdom; a gift of Life that all of us share.

Now THAT’S inspiring to me. (big hugs)

you truly shine with your inspiration, Sunshine. thank you!

I suggest he book of Dr. Chopra “Perfect Health”.

It deals with Ayurveda medicine, both in theory and practice. He shows you the grand principles of how the mind heals the body, but also shows you how the mind performs this based on physical medical knowledge.

He clearly and amply says that the real fountain of youth is meditation…but also shows you why so.

Firstly, the “fountain of youth” idea is a completely limited human concept. Do you imagine that the Creative Life Force (of which the Soul is an aspect) that is ageless and timeless is concerned about “youth”? That word would have absolutely no context in the more expanded awareness that is accessed for genuine healing (and of which physical medical knowledge also has no concept within its limited purview).

Secondly, I agree that the mind and body must collaborate to effect a healing. However, that’s only part of the equation. The Soul essence – the captain / pilot of one’s ship of life – must not only be included, it must be allowed to set the sails.

The mind as perceived by most involves merely the “thought” process, that of conceiving an idea and giving form to human will.

That is like saying an immature and selfish 3-year old ought to be let loose with a nuclear device.

The human mind / will doesn’t have the capacity for the ultimate wisdom and power required to choreograph every single energy (that means every single thing whether animate or inanimate; every possible thought or idea; every essence such as fragrance or electromagnetism; every emanation such as other-dimensional light; every consciousness both manifest and unmanifest).

Such exquisite and precise choreography of all the above (and more) must be preconceived and intricately interwoven for the benefit of all the elements. Only the Creative Life Force itself has such capacity and it is beholden upon all us to fully receive the blessings of Its choreography.

As for meditation, one can easily meditate while upon a walk in the garden (if you’re too hung up on what someone else thinks of you, you may not be ready for this).

One can bend over to touch or smell a plant in a yogic posture, all the while being in meditative communion with the plant and all life. One can walk the garden path in a yogic posture while breathing in the Prana. Once can sit and prune / weed / repot / replant / sow seeds within a garden while in a yogic posture and experience a communion with the plants in a meditation of thanksgiving.

The same is true of a walk in the woods, in a city park, or simply in your backyard.

You can be in a meditative yogic experience while sitting in your bath, standing in the rain, walking your dog (once he / she is trained to walk calmly by your side, that is).

Meditation is an intensely mindful way of experiencing one’s whole life, not a special “practice” for an hour a day or some such.

The yogic postures can be easily woven into our daily activities – while we sit at the table for a meal, while we’re at the computer, while we sit in a chair reading, while we share a cup of tea with a loved one, while we prepare food in the kitchen, etc., etc., etc.

Yoga isn’t just for an hour or so on the mat; it’s for a lifetime of moment-to-moment choices of how we place our bodies, with what vibrational field our thoughts and bodies are resonant, and how we’re breathing in each moment … every moment … of our lives.

Ditto with meditation (which is simply another word for communion with the Creative Life Force in such a way that it fully flows through us).

There are lots of books out there with basically the same information that has been repeatedly regurgitated for the last few centuries (they’re diluted deteriorated versions of the Knowings). Very few of the available texts (almost none) discuss the genuine and original yogic wisdom – the forgotten elements of Cosmic involvement in our daily lives.

[QUOTE=SunshineHeart;70222]Firstly, the “fountain of youth” idea is a completely limited human concept. Do you imagine that the Creative Life Force (of which the Soul is an aspect) that is ageless and timeless is concerned about “youth”? That word would have absolutely no context in the more expanded awareness that is accessed for genuine healing (and of which physical medical knowledge also has no concept within its limited purview).

Secondly, I agree that the mind and body must collaborate to effect a healing. However, that’s only part of the equation. The Soul essence – the captain / pilot of one’s ship of life – must not only be included, it must be allowed to set the sails.

The mind as perceived by most involves merely the “thought” process, that of conceiving an idea and giving form to human will.

That is like saying an immature and selfish 3-year old ought to be let loose with a nuclear device.

The human mind / will doesn’t have the capacity for the ultimate wisdom and power required to choreograph every single energy (that means every single thing whether animate or inanimate; every possible thought or idea; every essence such as fragrance or electromagnetism; every emanation such as other-dimensional light; every consciousness both manifest and unmanifest).

Such exquisite and precise choreography of all the above (and more) must be preconceived and intricately interwoven for the benefit of all the elements. Only the Creative Life Force itself has such capacity and it is beholden upon all us to fully receive the blessings of Its choreography.

As for meditation, one can easily meditate while upon a walk in the garden (if you’re too hung up on what someone else thinks of you, you may not be ready for this).

One can bend over to touch or smell a plant in a yogic posture, all the while being in meditative communion with the plant and all life. One can walk the garden path in a yogic posture while breathing in the Prana. Once can sit and prune / weed / repot / replant / sow seeds within a garden while in a yogic posture and experience a communion with the plants in a meditation of thanksgiving.

The same is true of a walk in the woods, in a city park, or simply in your backyard.

You can be in a meditative yogic experience while sitting in your bath, standing in the rain, walking your dog (once he / she is trained to walk calmly by your side, that is).

Meditation is an intensely mindful way of experiencing one’s whole life, not a special “practice” for an hour a day or some such.

The yogic postures can be easily woven into our daily activities – while we sit at the table for a meal, while we’re at the computer, while we sit in a chair reading, while we share a cup of tea with a loved one, while we prepare food in the kitchen, etc., etc., etc.

Yoga isn’t just for an hour or so on the mat; it’s for a lifetime of moment-to-moment choices of how we place our bodies, with what vibrational field our thoughts and bodies are resonant, and how we’re breathing in each moment … every moment … of our lives.

Ditto with meditation (which is simply another word for communion with the Creative Life Force in such a way that it fully flows through us).

There are lots of books out there with basically the same information that has been repeatedly regurgitated for the last few centuries (they’re diluted deteriorated versions of the Knowings). Very few of the available texts (almost none) discuss the genuine and original yogic wisdom – the forgotten elements of Cosmic involvement in our daily lives.[/QUOTE]

Actually Dr. Chopra covers many aspects in his book soul-mind-body.
He explains why we have a “quantum body” and what this means.

Probably it is not a bad idea to read the book before criticizing it.

oak333, I wasn’t criticising that book. I have read it and it touches its toe to the waters of what I was speaking about. It doesn’t, however, explore the cosmic aspects of yogic wisdom, simply the quantum elements of mind/body/soul as pertains to human experience.

[By the way, criticism itself isn’t conducive to a mindful yogic life. My “firstly” and “secondly” points were merely meant as clarification of previous concepts, to bring light to the fogginess.]

Had I been referring to a specific book, I would have mentioned a specific book. I was speaking in general for the members to apply the insight as they felt appropriate and as they felt led by their own knowing.

Blessed Be, oak333!

to me, this book is deep and informative. in general, yoga way is to accept (or not), but not criticize, that’s for sure…
thanks for interesting post, guys

Indeed, kima, it does have many insights and offerings for integration and activation.

I was expanding upon aspects of the the previous comment to clarify the content of various texts that have been circulating for the last several centuries and leaving it to the member to tune in and know which ones to which that insight applied.

[As I said previously, if I’d been referring to a particular book, I would have mentioned it.]

That is the nature of how I share.

I sincerley apologise if in any way what I wrote was perceived as criticising someone or something. I desire that my words be received in the energy in which they are intended – in a spirit of upliftment, illumination, expansion, clarity, and support.

I have no desire to point fingers at anyone (including particular books) or make assumptions about anyone.

Is there something in particular that I said that led you to think I was criticising someone or something?

Again, my deepest desire is to be of upliftment to everyone, kima.

Bountiful Blessings and Appreciation to All!!

[QUOTE=SunshineHeart;70229]oak333, I wasn’t criticising that book. I have read it and it touches its toe to the waters of what I was speaking about. It doesn’t, however, explore the cosmic aspects of yogic wisdom, simply the quantum elements of mind/body/soul as pertains to human experience.

[By the way, criticism itself isn’t conducive to a mindful yogic life. My “firstly” and “secondly” points were merely meant as clarification of previous concepts, to bring light to the fogginess.]

Had I been referring to a specific book, I would have mentioned a specific book. I was speaking in general for the members to apply the insight as they felt appropriate and as they felt led by their own knowing.

Blessed Be, oak333![/QUOTE]

You are probably right. The book mentioned here is a health book, written by a medical doctor. Obviously, it does not explore the cosmic aspects of yogic
wisdom,as you say. The author did not intend to. However, it goes further
than most of the medical books in showing our quantum body, the relationship
between our soul-mind-body.

I wish you all the best.

[QUOTE=SunshineHeart;70273]

[/QUOTE]

thank you, sunshine, you are

[QUOTE=SunshineHeart;70273]Indeed, kima, it does have many insights and offerings for integration and activation.

I was expanding upon aspects of the the previous comment to clarify the content of various texts that have been circulating for the last several centuries and leaving it to the member to tune in and know which ones to which that insight applied.

[As I said previously, if I’d been referring to a particular book, I would have mentioned it.]

That is the nature of how I share.

I sincerley apologise if in any way what I wrote was perceived as criticising someone or something. I desire that my words be received in the energy in which they are intended – in a spirit of upliftment, illumination, expansion, clarity, and support.

I have no desire to point fingers at anyone (including particular books) or make assumptions about anyone.

Is there something in particular that I said that led you to think I was criticising someone or something?

Bountiful Blessings and Appreciation to All!![/QUOTE]

could you tell me what a book you are discussing? i can’t find where you started this discussion…

[QUOTE=oak333;70227]Actually Dr. Chopra covers many aspects in his book soul-mind-body.
He explains why we have a “quantum body” and what this means.

Probably it is not a bad idea to read the book before criticizing it.[/QUOTE]

Hi john32,

The above quote from a post about a third of the way up the page from here is where the part of the discussion began about a book.

Note: In my post above this original response, I was not referring to this book.

Love and Light!

Originally Posted by SunshineHeart

[QUOTE=john32;70387]thank you, sunshine, you are[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your kind words, john32.

The truth is that the upliftment you perceive in me is simply your own uplifting nature being reflected back to you through me.

If you didn’t contain it within yourself, you wouldn’t have the capacity to perceive it in me.

(The experience called upliftment is simply a vibration that you contain, I resonated to it, and it was “sounded” within you as a recognition of your own upliftment.)

Heartfelt Blessings to You, john32!

I thought Yoga was a religion and the Hindus does not actually permit us to use their religion as a means of exercise in any way. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m new to this and I am very interested to know more information.

crwate,

Yoga is not a religion.

It’s a system of accessing the subtle energies of Life; it’s a wash of awareness that’s available to all; it’s a way of moving through life with Grace and Power; it’s a Knowing beyond knowledge … and it is not a religion.

Hindus are but a small percentage of the whole of humanity who choose to experience yoga. For example, one might say prayer is a Christian activity; yet Christians are but a portion of those who choose prayerfulness as a part of their lives. Here again, prayerfulness itself is not a religion. The same is true of yoga.

Also, yoga isn’t exercise in the sense of stair stepping or jogging. It can be a method of moving the body to its limits of pliability but that’s for the purpose of expanding the energy pathways within the human electromagnetic field.

It’s not for building strong biceps so you can lift 700 pounds or punch people in the face so they don’t get up (which I’ve seen so many exercise programs claim as a proof of success).

Yoga is the gentle art of coaxing your Divine nature to the fore and allowing It to lead you in your life’s journey.

What’s not to love about that?

beautiful difinition of yoga purpose - “expanding the energy pathways within the human electromagnetic field”