Ultimate Yogi

This is a new product out that is worth checking out. I consider it the p90x of yoga and is suppose to hit local stores in July. I have yet to find another program that exemplifies the same quality and structure that ultimate yogi brings.
theultimateyogi.com/store/ultimate108/?ap_id=codycjc

[QUOTE=jlg;70894]Did you confuse this forum with the teen section of the bodybuilding.com forums? If you look at the USDA recommendation you will see that it is 0.66 grams of protein per kg of body weight. Which is no where near the 1.5g / pound which is so inflated by the supplement industry.

Exactly.

Check out Laird Hamilton’s book he has some great recipes included. However this smoothie is worth trying:

When you eat vegan style, you crave cheese. I am not a huge fun of cheese , so cutting the dairy was not difficult, but craved one day, and came out this recipe as I was having fun with cashew nuts. Cashew nuts are the great alternative for cheese !

Ingredients

? cup Cashew nuts soaked for 4-6 hours in the water
? TBS white miso
1/3 cup water
Salt and Pepper
1 TBS lemon juice
Your favorite pasta(rice, quinoa, whole wheat etc?., I used quinoa pasta in this picture and came out great)

Directions

1. Soak cashew in the water for 4-6 hours ahead.
  2. Put all the ingredients except pasta in the food processor until it is smooth.
  3. Cook your pasta and tossed the sauce. I added broccoli in this picture as a garnish. You can enjoy this pasta as warm or cold.

For more of these great recipes check out the Ultimate Yogi website and click under the diet section.

Ingredients

1/2- 2/3 bunch of Kale

1-2 carrots

1 yellow gold beets

1 TBS Olive oil

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

?- 1 lemon

Pinch of salt

Directions

1. Wash kale well and cut off the stem and chopped the kale .

2. Thin slice the carrots and beets

3. Squeeze the lemon juice, mix with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt and tossed with Kale, carrots and beets.

4. Mix well and sit about few hours. Sprinkle with sesame seed or sunflower seed as optional.

For more of these great recipes check out the Ultimate Yogi website and click under the diet section.

[QUOTE=anandasunshine;59715]Could anyone give me suggestions for music to use during an hour and a half yoga class?? I am not that tech savvy and I am trying to downloads songs. Not very successful in my endeavor. Just not the right mix :0/

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Check out the this yoga soundtrack by Ryan Richko. You can preview it at theultimateyogi.com/store/the-ultimate-yogi-soundtrack-by-ryan-richko/

theultimateyogi.com/the-diet has multiple recipes and diet ideas. The try-colored kale salad is a great lunch idea

I have recently started taking classes from this 108 day program and thought I would share some information about it. This program is a mullti-facted fitness, health and wellness program. I compare it as the p90x of yoga. It combines a diverse collection of yoga movements, nutritional plans, and meditative practices. Check it out here at theultimateyogi.com
It also has multiple recipes and nutritional information.

Also theultimateyogi.com has multiple recipes

When I started to take these classes I had the same perspective. I had never taken any yoga classes and decided to go with some friends who had already been taking classes. The program had alternate poses for participants who were not ready for the expert level that could be used in place of. My biggest concern before taking classes stemmed from intimidation from others being to advanced. Travis however takes that aspect out and makes you feel comfortable.

For the accomplished yoga person it will challenge and improve your physical limits. I really enjoy the classes provided.

I am a participant right now. The program leader hosts classes in the Santa Monica area where I live. I recently just began the program.

The Meal

This is a great meal to have as a dinner entree. It was kindly donated by chef Adam A Graham author of the Complete Idiots Guide to the Raw Food Detox.
The Ingredients

1 cup simple miso marinade
2 large Portobello mushroom caps, gills removed by scraping with a spoon
1 medium sweet onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 TB finely chopped fresh parsley leaves

Miso Marinade

3 TB. miso
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp palm sugar
1 tsp tamari soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced

Directions

1 Place simple Miso Marinade, mushroom caps, onion, and bell pepper in a sealable container and marinade for at least 2 hours

2 Remove mushroom caps from marinade and then fill the caps with onions and peppers from marinade

3 Heat in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes on a warm setting 250

4 Garnish with Parsley and Serve

For more great recipes check out theultimateyogi.com

March 5, 2012 admin RECIPES 19
inShare
0digg
The Blender Girl?s Vegan Cream Of Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients

8 cups of strong vegetable broth (I use Massel)
1 whole head of garlic roasted
The white part of 2-3 leeks washed and chopped
1 large head of cauliflower chopped
1/4 cup raw cashews (for Body Ecology recipes use raw blanched almonds)
4 Tbsp chives chopped finely to garnish
organic brown rice, quinoa or millet to serve

Directions

Place the whole head of garlic unpeeled in an oven at 200 C / 400 F for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.

In a large saucepan fry the leek in a little olive oil until soft. (About 3 minutes)

Add in the cauliflower and stir for a couple of minutes until well coated. Squeeze in the roasted garlic pulp.

Cover with the vegetable broth. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a medium flame, and simmer partially covered for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft. I like to stir frequently and mash the cauliflower with the spoon as it cooks to make it easier to blend.

Let the mixture cool enough to put batches in the blender (I like to use a Vitamix), and puree with the cashews until smooth and creamy.

Transfer to a clean pot and heat on low to serve. Season with Celtic salt to taste.

To serve ? top each bowl with a grain ball (a scoop of cooked grain) and a generous sprinkle of chives.

For more great recipes check out theultimateyogi.com and click under the diet tab

Raw Spinach Soup

This is another great treat designed by chef Adam A Graham. Its a healthy soup to be had on your raw food cleanse that is packed with goodness. You might be surprised at how good this tastes and even make it on other days.
Ingredients

2 Cups fresh spinach leaves firmly packed
1 and 1/2 cup water
1 Avocado , halved seeded, and scooped
1 TB. olive oil
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels divided
1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, minced

Directions

1 Combine spinach water lemon juice, avacodo, olive oil, and 1/4 cup corn in a blender and puree until smooth.

2 Float 1/4 cup corn, tomato, and basil just before serving.

Adam A Graham is the author of the Compete Idiots Guide to Raw Food Detox.

For more great recipes check out theultimateyogi.com

[QUOTE=AmethystDaisy2;72167]After reading some interesting posts I’ve come to he conclusion that I will never be able to memorize everything regarding yoga! There is just so much to remember. I can’t keep it all straight. It’s overwhelming me. I have only the forum for info and I have never had the desire to practice within a group so a teacher is out of he question. No one else I know does yoga so…I’m on my own so to speak.[/QUOTE]

check out this program I am doing that resembles p90x except its yoga. www.theultimateyogi.com. I do this program with some friends at our house and its awesome. Even made my screen name based off of it hahaha

[QUOTE=mukimuki;72588]InnerAthlete, wouldn’t that be a bit too obvious? Maybe his name is Ulf, but ulfyogi was already given?![/QUOTE]

haha my name is Cody. I just started yoga, so named it after the classes I go to.

The Ultimate Yogi Chocolate Pudding

If you look at the ingredients below you will probably question how this could end up being a tasty chocolate pudding. Avocado in a desert??? This one is faith based on experience try it and be prepared to have a paradigm shifting taste bud experience as you savor every tasty spoon of this delicious chocolate pudding UY style.
IngredientsChocolate Pudding

2 Avocado

5 dates(if the dates are dry/hard, soak in the water)

1 tsp maple syrup

3 TBS raw cacao powder

1 TBS lemon juice

1 tsp coconut powder (optional)
Directions

1. Put all the ingredients except one dates in the food processor.

2. Put mixture in the refgirator for couple hours.

3. Cut 1 dates to a small pieces and sprinkle with coconut sprinkles on top the pudding before you eat.

For more of these recipes check out www.theultimateyogi.com

[QUOTE=NewBreedYogi;72592]Ultyogi: Have seen a little of this at the local gym. Would compare it as similar to P90X or would you say it is more detail oriented than P90X? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I have actually done p90x, except I followed the workout routines only and not so much the diet plans they suggest. The Ultimate Yogi seems to be more detail oriented and designed to be more personal. It is broken up into three 36 day cycles and each cycle can accompany all levels of fitness. I seemed to be pushed more with this program. I have just started the program and on the first cycle. My friends got me started and they rave about it. www.ultimateyogi.com has more info on it if you want to check it out.

Definitely. There is a better “whole” body feeling after you complete each day. The other plus is that all you need is a yoga mat haha no weights!