We do not need to eat meat to build protein

If you supplement B12 consider sublingual rather than tablet.

its a delicate balance that each person has to deal with. Its funny I will see a vegan and he wil look like a holocost survivor and then look at another vegan and they will be plump and carry allot of extra insullation around. So each body has different needs Just find yours

As a vegetarian for 27 years now I’ve never had a problem getting enough protein in my diet. However, I do take an iron supplement as iron from vegetable sources is much harder for the body to absorb than iron from animal sources.

Ive a friend who is veggy and he injects a low dose of test each week, this along with whey protein leaves him strong and very energised.

CityMonk,

I always shake my head when I hear the misunderstanding about protein and meat.

I usually ask the person:

Cows eat no meat and yet they’re so meaty and muscle-y that we lust after their flesh to devour ourselves.
Elephants eat no meat and yet they’ve been the workhorses for centuries, so strong they can do what even some of our modern machines can’t do.
Horses eat no meat and yet they are so sinewy and strong they have been our living machines for centuries and we as a society place huge sums of money on the assurance of their speed and strength.

How do these beings (and there are many more examples) thrive if you’re saying one MUST eat meat to have sufficient protein in the diet to provide strength for daily living?

There are LOTS and LOTS of non-meat sources of protein (which I won’t go into here).

(No, I wasn’t including soy in my LOTS).

I wish you well on your journey, dear CityMonk, and know you’ll discover the path that is the brilliant one for you … (big smile) …

Cows, elephants and horses have entirely different digestive systems than primates. This comparison is tantamount to saying aphids live on sucking sap and eat no solids, so why should we.

The truth is that our digestive system adapts to our consciousness. Always has.

Yoga is a system whereby the ultimate goal is that we all gradually require no food at all and get our energy directly from prana (from the cosmic life force within the aethers).

The journey will be different for all of us but the desired result for all of us is that we (through the power of our choices, our minds, our consciousnesses) completely transform our “digestive systems” (indeed, our nervous systems and all systems within our bodies) into a more expanded expression.

If that isn’t one’s desire, why would one even bother with yoga in the first place? There is still the option of being a limited earth-bound “primate”.

As I said, the path is winding for some and more direct for others. All is well any way you look at it for eventually all paths lead to the Oneness (if not in this life, in a future one).

Blessed Be!

And may the force be with you, Obi Wan.

Ditto, Flex Penguin! … (Big Happy Smile and Hugs) …

Yeah i have known a few vegans and they are perfectly healthy id dare say more healthier than me :lol:

I have a friend that is a Vegan and a rather healthy Yoga Therapist and she is desperatly trying to get me to become a Vegan and after much reading I simply do not think I could do it. However I am considering vegitarian and she has gotten me to cut out red meat.

And keeping with the force

I think not I could be a vegan.

With you may the force be.

Yeah…I speak fluent Yoda :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=nickmuay;65885]Ive a friend who is veggy and he injects a low dose of test each week, this along with whey protein leaves him strong and very energised.[/QUOTE]

So the benefit of being veggie, he is neutralizing by injecting hormones. Sounds good. Tell him to try hemp protein instead its much better.

Substitutes for meat:

Cottage cheese is a very good supplier of protein (and aminoacids). Even the body builders eat a lot of cottage cheese.

all food is made of prana or energy… whatever the form it comes in and whatever this good thing or that good thing it has or doesn’t have… it is not as important as the love and gratitude you consume it with… nutritional science is all about focus on the forms and misses out almost completely on the formless aspects… eat whatever you want to eat and spend less time thinking about what to eat and why and more time thinking about and loving god goddess supreme almighty lord formless absolute love… imho :wink: bless ~*~

all that being said… i really love spirulina! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Kutastha Chaitanya;76113]all food is made of prana or energy… whatever the form it comes in and whatever this good thing or that good thing it has or doesn’t have… it is not as important as the love and gratitude you consume it with… nutritional science is all about focus on the forms and misses out almost completely on the formless aspects… eat whatever you want to eat and spend less time thinking about what to eat and why and more time thinking about and loving god goddess supreme almighty lord formless absolute love.[/QUOTE]
This is terrible advice. You can’t OM away nutritional deficiencies or disease brought on by poor diet. Just because you haven’t educated yourself about the importance of a good diet doesn’t mean you can wave away its importance with spiritual nonsense.

There’s a place for spirituality but not as a means for spreading poor information.

Stop it.

[QUOTE=David;76121]This is terrible advice. You can’t OM away nutritional deficiencies or disease brought on by poor diet. Just because you haven’t educated yourself about the importance of a good diet doesn’t mean you can wave away its importance with spiritual nonsense.

There’s a place for spirituality but not as a means for spreading poor information.

Stop it.[/QUOTE]

Blessings David,

it is not uncommon to be upset and ridicule the sword of truth which I brandish so courageously and conscientiously…

many times my ego has been sliced and diced just as yours is now and many years it took to unschool myself and deprogram from the matrix of an idea based reality/duality…

I am only sharing what I have shared from my own direct experience, which includes many years living with liberated masters who ardently taught me the simple truth that what you think about your food is more important than the material substance itself…

if you have a problem with anything I am sharing you can simply choose to ignore it as can anyone else instead of ridiculing it…

I am actually a bit surprised that you have a problem with this as it is not a rare notion addressed in yogic scriptures…

I appreciate the strong reaction you have shared as it highlights all the more the truth of what I am sharing, and I do not judge you for it…

it is very presumptuous of you to call me uneducated… nevertheless, I take that as a compliment.

I do not ridicule or condemn nutritional science or the role it might play in one’s life, nor do I ridicule anyone that is attached to their ideas concerning duality and forms… I simply offer a different perspective based on formlessness…

all forms arise from formless… all something comes from nothing… pay attention to the source from which all dualistic thinking arises… pay attention to that which is paying attention… experiment and consider what I have shared… this is my only humble request… I am not attached to whether or not you agree with what I have shared… you alone are the truth…

Blessings friend ~*~ :cool:

Your spiritual narcissism is impressive.

But fair enough, maybe you experience something I don’t. I tell you what. I’ll send you a pint of ground lead. You take a video of yourself eating a teaspoon full of it per day. After one month if you’ve experienced no ill effects, I’ll send you $1,000. Based upon your teachings, I’m sure if you just think that the lead is strawberries, you’ll be just fine and $1,000 richer.

Your “masters” spread misinformation and now you’re spreading misinformation. I hope you one day wake up and realize that your “sword of truth” is a delusion. But luckily you have your spirulina to keep you alive in the mean time.

“It’s doesn’t matter what you eat but I sure love spirulina for it’s nutritional qualities!”

I mean, really?

shakes head slowly

My strong reaction is because it’s crap like this that gives yoga a bad name and can potentially harm people. And yes, I could ignore this, but I choose to call you out out of concern for those that might be tempted to believe such nonsense.

scientists says body cannot make protein from carbs or fat. but body can transform to much protein to carbs or fat. So it doesnt matter if you are a master still you need protein. even masters have a body hence they need protein. There has been people claiming they live on air but they must eat secretly when no one sees it.

The most contradictory however is that you say that you love spirulina.
As all food is prana why do you need spirulina packed with 65-70% protein?

Live as you learn and stop the spirulina or stop saying what you just did.

And you dont need to go on telling everybody that you have lived with enlightened masters, this is not you speaking its your ego.

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;76128]scientists says body cannot make protein from carbs or fat. but body can transform to much protein to carbs or fat. So it doesnt matter if you are a master still you need protein. even masters have a body hence they need protein. There has been people claiming they live on air but they must eat secretly when no one sees it.

The most contradictory however is that you say that you love spirulina.
As all food is prana why do you need spirulina packed with 65-70% protein?

Live as you learn and stop the spirulina or stop saying what you just did.

And you dont need to go on telling everybody that you have lived with enlightened masters, this is not you speaking its your ego.[/QUOTE]

blessings fakeyogi, thank you for your input,

blessed to enjoy this new day, to breathe this air together, and to play with words together, it can be such a fun game at times… :slight_smile:

I embrace and love my ego and have a beautiful relationship with it, it is the bulb by which my light shines. I am free to speak from my ego if I want to and don’t see anything wrong with it as many people often do, the ego is not evil just as money is not evil, it’s one’s relationship with ego or money that matters. I am not ‘trying to prove’ anything to anyone nor do I feel compelled to but there is still some interest in this discussion for me so I will share a bit more…

It is common to witness what appears as a contradiction and somehow think that negates what is being shared, that’s how minds are trained to operate in educated society. I love contradictions, in my world words do not go beyond the mind so contradictions are fun ways to introduce non-duality… you want to think it is either black or white but what I say is a paradox and your mind can’t handle that, thus you may cling to one side of the fence or the other but to be on the fence or on both sides of the fence the mind is not ready for…

there is a paradox in what I have shared yes, and yet there is not :wink: it depends upon your vantage point and what aspect you want to look at, I invite you to take off your colored glasses just for a moment and reread exactly what I have written… consider it at its face value, I did not write that I eat spirulina because of this or that or that I need it, I am not advocating anywhere a breatharian approach nor saying to stop eating food, if you enjoy it eat it, if you think you need it eat it, as you think so it becomes…

I simply said I love spirulina… that’s it… any inferences you have made on this simple statement are yours not mine… I’m not making any claims about it… other animals eat it and don’t have to know what’s in it or why it’s good for them… they don’t live based on ideas, they just live and do what comes naturally…

It can be difficult for a mind trained to think in duality to appreciate what I have shared… it wants me to be on one side of the fence or another, I’m either with it or against it… that is how the mind works to keep people in bondage and hold them back from loving and accepting others as they are, it’s either this or it’s that, it’'s either wrong or it’s right but it can’t be both, but in my world as I said before it can be both…

I can talk of loving spirulina for its this or that content and this or that is why its good for you and I can talk about how what you think about your food affects your body more than the actual physical substance itself in the same breath quite easily… it makes total sense that both of these statements are true, and if you like both of them are false, after all you are indeed the final interpreter of whatever information you take in…

if you want more “form based scientific proof” that thoughts affect your food you can look to the work of Dr. Masuru Emoto maybe that might turn you on a bit more to what I am sharing because it is a scientific fact that once you tell someone something is a scientific fact and from a doctor no less that makes it true… hahahahahahaha… :rolleyes:

blessings to you friend, unconditional love and light be ours to share, rational thinking is powerless in the face of love… :slight_smile:

love your food no matter what it is, that is 99% of the equation, the other 1% is the form/idea you take it to be if you like :slight_smile: they are both valid and you can’t have one without the other but both exist… form and formless… something and nothing, nothing and something… if you look again to ‘science’ and ‘physics’ you also see them talking about how 99% of visible matter is actually empty space… look in the room around you, it is filled with objects, but it is even more so filled with empty space, but that empty space is also so full… with love… the space in which I type this message is the majority of what is shared, the words are less… if I say I am a vegetarian or I am a meat eater, that is only relatively true for as long as I care to say it but it is not absolutely true, I can always change an idea, thus any idea is never the complete picture, it is only real and important when I give it power, if a guy on television says a smoothie is good for you and later someone says smoothies are not good for you, who do you believe?.. if a doctor says an apple a day is good for you and ten years later another doctor says it is not, which doctor do you believe? hahahaha

~ blessings to you as well David, thank you for directing your love and attention toward me :slight_smile:

…I have faith that others will learn to be free and make their own decisions about what I have shared and I am not here to try and protect anyone from anything, I believe others are quite intelligent and capable of their own critical thinking, imho if you want to protect others, protect them by showing them they are beyond all protection, it’s amazing what happens when you treat others as capable and responsible for their own freedom to think, act, live and choose.

~ as a final adieu for this beautiful moment, if you really want to feel what I am sharing I invite you to reconsider the messages I have shared and feel the love and energy that is between the words… words are just the vehicle for the love and energy to come through and words do not describe the real underlying reality in a way that can be assimilated, you simply have to go beyond the mind to really grasp it, feel the energy, feel the love… I don’t really listen to your words as much as I do feel the energetic resonance of your consciousness from which they are arising…

thank you for keeping this forum alive and allowing for an equal and open discussion, I do not feel that I am disagreeing with anything you are sharing, if anything I am only offering another perspective that I feel good sharing…

I am sharing from my journey and I am always open to the possibility that there is more to learn or unlearn and that what I am doing here right now in this moment sharing may be nothing more than a form of entertainment for me, though I suspect there is more to it than that…

this is simply a reflection of where I am right here and now and I am not attached to my ideas or being right or wrong so much as I am just playing with words and sharing what feels good to share… if anyone is benefited by it, that makes my heart smile, if no one benefits or refuses it outright well… my heart is still smiling… :slight_smile:

Bless ~*~

This is fun your ego did wait to find an answer and now you have thought about what to write and now your ego came up with an answer.

You talk about how the mind works and i tell you how it works i made yours confused and now after some days your ego has thought so much about this so by one pointed concentration your ego came up with all this. instead to see that i pointed something out and ill do it again and i hope you wont fail to grasp it this time.

[B]Go around telling everybody you have lived with realized master its your ego speaking [/B]
Anyone would say im right unless they have a big ego. Bragging is never good. Only the ego wants to brag. we all have bragged sometime in our life.

also you didnt answer the other question straightforward.
[U][I][U]The most contradictory however is that you say that you love spirulina.
As all food is prana why do you need spirulina packed with 65-70% protein? [/U][/I][/U]

You self says it doesnt matter what you eat , so i understand we can eat grass like cow as it is prana. even though our intestins are not short like the cow we will have problem. and we will not get enough protein. then i wonder why you dont go out and pick grass and save your self some money and use those money for better needed.

If you were without ego do you really think you would make 3 pages answer for 2 questions?

if you ever think you are without ego think again.

You really seem like a nice guy so i wont go further in this discussion. But dont believe everything your so called masters told you use your own mind dont believe it because they said it, just like buddha said him self.