Westerners approaching non-Western traditions

This is why god is a superfluous term and I only use it because there is no equivalent term in English for the Sanskrit. Hindus do not use the word god they use the word “Brahman” or “Shiva” meaning the infinite and pure consciousness which is our true state of being that we can realise. This is a perfect state of being where one realises all their potential and becomes fully enlightened and full of love, compassion and wisdom.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;33969]Flex, can you show me 2000 years of intolerance, persecution, inqusitions, suppression of progress by Hindus.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it would be a pointless exercise. You are much too clouded to accept any views other than what your squinted eyes can see. Open them up and we can talk.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;33979]Yes, but it would be a pointless exercise. You are much too clouded to accept any views other than what your squinted eyes can see. Open them up and we can talk.[/QUOTE]

So in other words you cant?

If your view is true and demonstrates your statement, I would have no choice but to accept it.

But the truth is you cannot because Hinduism has historically shown itself to be tolerant of other religions. This is a widely acknowledged fact.

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;33974]This is a perfect state of being where one realises all their potential and becomes fully enlightened and full of love, compassion and wisdom.[/QUOTE]

Love, compassion and wisdom?? I can’t wait till your enlightened then!.. lol I kidding… jokes jokes

[quote=core789;33864]And what pray exactly is your own agenda,Siva?

All i have seen in your posts is what comes across as largely sarcasm and ridicule. And i can’t help but feel this must say volumes about your own practice, spiritual development or whatever.

Whatever you call yourself, a yoga teacher , you can come across as pretty arrogant at times.

Your unwillingness to learn is very unyogic and definitely stubborn.Maybe if your dropped that facade, or false sense of self, you might learn more.

The absence of an effective meditation practice is glaringly obvious in you, and whatever your sadhana might be.:cool:[/quote]

Hello Core,

It’s called a sense of humor. Ever heard of it?

Meditation, for me, came to an end. As it should. How about that? And there I found there is a difference between God and the word that is “God.” I found that God is not cultural, historical, philosophical, ethnic, is not logic, reason, thought, knowledge or memory, is not science, art or anything I had read or been told, but rather was human phenomena: yoga

So when I hear those who have also had the privilege to learn “a word that describes” God such as yoga, but then who mistake it for yoga because they know it only in word, and who instead speak it as it were yoga, as if they owned it because of where their father’s sperm hit their mother’s egg, I believe it only causes fear and suffering for those who have not yet been as fortunate as myself. And so if I had an agenda, it would be encourage those, the other readers out there, not to fear these words, but just to do and keep doing, because when you do God instead of speak God you won’t need to own God: you will not need to know, think about or remember, you will no longer have to analyze, compare, categorize, or judge, you won’t have to prove, defend or argue, because THERE you can only BE, and these words that describe God, that some may speak only to elevate themselves over others who do not or can not (because of where their father’s sperm hit their mother’s egg), will always be only that: words. Until they DO God they will only speak God and continue to exist on your fear.

How ya like me now?
siva

I’ve done God. He’s great. Like the Greatest of all times. Incomparable.

Shanti

Why, after reading all this, am I getting the impression the OP is saying if you ain?t Hindu you ain?t nothing and if you don?t agree 100% you?re just plain wrong.

Interesting argument, flawed, but interesting.

By the way I do not 100% agree nor do I 100% disagree. I see a lot of misunderstandings occur as it applied to things Western and thing Chinese when you do not understand, or at least try and understand the culture and the history. And I am referring to misunderstandings on both sides of the fence which from what I have just read of this post is also going on here?.some misunderstandings from both sides of the fence. As well as a lot of generalizations and I really am not a big fan of generalizations.

That?s all form me, please continue arguing about yoga, its origins and Hinduism?this is fascinating

Know orthodox Christians do/can/able reconcile Yoga, as Muslims and Islam I gather the same. Know orthodox Christians certainly not fundamentally against Yoga philosophy, as I gather (guess) Muslims and Islam similar or same, may yet differ with aspects or in Yoga philosophy(ies).

I just watched the Christian propoganda piece, “Gods of the new age” on youtube which is a paranoid piece talking about a global conspiracy by Hindus to take over the world and destroy Christianity through marketing Yoga as non-religious, non-hindu, scientific and secular. I am now thinking, perhaps I will simply let you and others who want to believe it, that Yoga is not Hinduism :smiley:
Are you, Surya_Deva and Hinduism in global sphere and/or realm? or flat earth?