What is Enlightenment?

Quantum physics is pretty much a nod to what the dharmic tradition has been saying for yonks - physical reality is not real. It is just a sense perception. The Yoga Vasistha says this very explicitly in its opening verses “Sensory reality is as unreal as the blueless of the sky. The first condition of any spiritual seeker is to inquire into the real nature of reality”

However what quantum physics has not proven is that all of reality is just a field of consciousness, even though this is an emerging worldview in science today. It has only proven that what we see to be a physical reality is based on our perception of it - the particle is only there only in so far as we are aware of it. The measurement problem asks though when does this process begin for it only ends when we become aware of it, and thus this naturally leads to the dharmic conclusion: study the structures of perception itself and the answer wil become clear i.e., study consciousness. This is why consciousness studies has become a very powerful new field of research in modern science.

As modern science is backwards, our dharmic tradition can fill you in on the blanks. What you have discovered is the first level beyond sensory reality known as akasha. An all pervading field from which all particles arise(paramanus) It is this akasha within which the subtle force known as prana flows and modern science is only starting to use it. It is still in its infancy. When it passes this stage it will come to the mental level. It will then realise there is a level of reality which is at pure thought or information which stores information on the entire history of a thing. Still, further is the intellectual or intentional level which is pure process level where it will be realised that all intentions and desires precede the physical, the pranic, mental and through will alone matter can be commanded to do your bidding. Finally, it will be discovered that there is a pure consciousness underlying absolutely everything.

Unfortunately, to get to the final stages may yet take modern science a few more centuries. This century will be known as the quantum century or what we call the pranic sciences. All these dicoveries have happened before in previous yugas - our knowledge comes from past yugas when science was more advanced.

[QUOTE=bjoy;57667]This further reinforces the idea that all things in the cosmos are somehow joined or related to one another, and the universe functions like one large organism.[/QUOTE]The name of this organism is Virat Purush.

“Quantum physics is pretty much a nod to what the dharmic tradition has been saying for yonks - physical reality is not real.”

Modern science is just as much in the dark as you are about the matter. One should abandon these ideas of “real” and “unreal” completely, they are none other than the prejudices of your own mind. Millions of philosophies have been created, all with their own ideas and beliefs as to what is “real” and “unreal”, not understanding that these are just one’s own relative concepts of the mind. As far as existence is concerned, there is nothing which is called “real” or “unreal”. And even if there were something which can be called real, then the unreal is just as real as it’s opposite - they cannot be separated. If the real exists, it is only because of it’s other extreme, the unreal. And like this - you become caught in the same dualistic loop of your logic. That is still what you are trying to do by declaring matter as “unreal”, you are trying to fit everything into the small lenses of your logic.

The “real” and the “unreal”, these are just words. They have no roots in things as they are. And even if you cling to the idea that matter is unreal - you still have to feed yourself, you still have to clothe yourself, you still have to breathe, urinate, defecate, and you still have to live and you still have to die. There has not been a single Buddha who has not had to live this life without the physical limitations of the body.

All of those traditions which have been declaring the physical as “unreal” are just as fanatic as any other dogmatic tradition. On one hand, they declare that “God is everywhere”, or that everything is Brahman, and on the other hand, they declare that the physical is unreal. It is important to remember that for those traditions that have declared the physical being an illusion, their statements are not separate from their general attitude towards life - which is that of renounciation, seeing the body as a burden, abandoning the world and avoiding anything in life which is capable of providing you with enjoyment of the senses. The body, rather than being seen as an instrument towards one’s liberation, is considered by such traditions as a great hindrance. Which is strange because the body seems to be the only part of one’s being which is striving hard to be in tune with nature. If there is even a small imbalance, now one’s whole system is working immediately to restore balance, to rectify the problem. And the actions of the body are always immediate, involved in the present - they cannot be entangled either in the past or the future. If your mind had these qualities - then by now, everybody would have come to their awakening. The body has a certain naturalness, the mind has not. The body seeks to be in tune with existence, the mind does not. All of man’s sufferings are in fact created at the level of the mind, most are entirely psychological. It can even be said that physical sufferings are also psychological, because pain is just controlled by certain centers in the brain. If you can control those centers, then even things like hunger and thirst, can be dissolved from your experience. That is what many mystics and yogis have done, that is how it is possible to do things like walking on burning hot coals without feeling the pain, being buried alive for days, weeks, or months - swallowing razor blades and knives without damaging the inner organs, sleeping on beds of nails, and so on.

What you consider “real” and “unreal” are none other than projections of the mind. When you have truly arrived to the silence which is inexpressible - the real disappears from your mental vision, the unreal disappears from your mental vision, and there is only an energy which reveals itself in a wordless consciousness.

___________________________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Surya Deva,

isn't that the same old routine..? Everything comes from India? My dad can beat up your dad? Just that my dad did beat up your dad. Not that I'm proud of it, but it's a matter of: Fact.

Your dad had some fancy ideas:

Yay. My dad haz 1 large hadron collider:

Your dad had some story about flying machines in a book:

Wif electric magnetz, kewl. My dad runz a spaze station:

Here's your dad's observatory to look at stars:

My dad's Hubble Space Telescope iz orbiting the planet shooting picz of galaxies that are a bazillion lightyears away:

Or check this out, your dad invented the button:

Way to go! My dad invented the zipper:

Your dad in the cinema watches this guy:

My dad thinkz he iz kewl:

This is the toy your dad plays with:

Awwww... Now check this out:

Your dad's mathematical discovery:

My dad'z:

And the list goes on. Sure your dad had had his times. Loooooong ago. But these days, he gots to catch the eff up. You can whine all day long about how unfair that is and how my dad beat the crap out of yours and so on. Not my fault what my dad did and not my fault that yours can't defend himself. Yet claiming some line in a philosophical scripture outranks quantum mechanics + all it's applications: roflmao. Who's buying that? Not even your brothers, my friend.

I would have another question, if you allow. How come your dad was so great in his days? How was that possible? How could he invent and think up all that stuff, like the 0 and the buttonz and all? I could think of...... four theoretical explanations, shall we go through them? Ok:

1. It's in the genes. Your dad is simply the better human being. From a better race. They got the more powerful DNA-sequences that provide a smarter brain. AFAIK that ain't supported by evil western science and is considered racism; dunno if you want to go there, but theoretically, it might be an explanation.

2. Your dad got high with a little help from unknown friends. Got the info on stuff from somewhere, another culture for example or - who knows, right? - some aliens. Or an ancient race of smart dinosours? Maybe they found the Vedas and other scriptures, left behind by Atlantians. Or they were the favorite people of the gods and had them on their side, allowing some insight into nifty secrets of nature. Sounds kinda hilarious, but since we're talking theory here...

3. Your dad got lucky. As every here and there and now and then smart geniouses are born, there were a couple in your dad's area. Who were not only smart, but also recognized and given the space and time to figure stuff out. That layed the ground to some quantum-leapish developments.

4. The area where your dad lived was rich in food and shelter, so your dad didn't have to work as hard as folks in other places. He had enough to eat and less to worry about, so he had more time to think and figure stuff out. That's why he found out stuff sooner than ppl from other cultures.

Any reflections..?

[QUOTE=bjoy;57735]___________________________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]Haw haw, you believe in legends! :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not sure where that post came from or what motivated it, as it’s off-topic.

Your dad was nowhere before the 18th century, lagged behind in technology, science, economy - culture in general. He got to the top through piracy, pillaging and plundering. He learned how to manufacture steel, zinc, textiles, dyes, surgical techniques from my dad. He

Comparing pre-modern technology like buttons with zips, ancient observertories with modern space stations and particle accelerators, wooden elephants with modern robots and zeros with computer imaging just makes you look like a really silly person because nobody ever disputed the fact that modern technology is ahead of ancient technology(recorded)

But what we can dispute that these things are by your dad. In case you have not forgotten wireless communications and the micorochip was invented by an Indian :wink: The world leader in robotic technology is not your dad, but the dad of a Japanese. The space station is not just a project by your dad, but an international project with large contingents of Indian and Chinese scientists.

Why did my dad invent philosophy and logic, yoga, Sanskrit, Ayurveda and mathematics? Why is my dad still the leading guy in most of these areas - yes good question :wink: Why did it have to take your dad contact with my dad, before it could climb to the top - even better question :wink:

Science and technology are different things. Your dad still lags behind my dad, perhaps by a few centuries when it comes to science.

I have no idea what enlightenment is and I’m ok with that. I don’t even know if there is such a thing. All I want to do is enjoy life, do good deeds, leave the world a little better for future generations, and occasionally feel every cell in my body dance with the universe during meditation. If the sages are right and that causes me to not achieve enlightenment and as such I have to come back and do the same thing all over again, that sounds great by me.

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;57757]Haw haw, you believe in legends! :-P[/QUOTE]

?A sense of humor is good for you. Have you ever heard of a laughing :lol: hyena with heart burn??

David,

“All I want to do is enjoy life, do good deeds, leave the world a little better for future generations, and occasionally feel every cell in my body dance with the universe during meditation.”

One should question whether one is already doing any of these things.

“If the sages are right and that causes me to not achieve enlightenment and as such I have to come back and do the same thing all over again, that sounds great by me.”

Is it not enough that the same tendencies of seeking and not finding have continued again and again in cycles in this life ?

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;57779]One should question whether one is already doing any of these things[/QUOTE]
I connect to each on occasion. Some more often than others. Some for longer durations than others.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;57779]Is it not enough that the same tendencies of seeking and not finding have continued again and again in cycles in this life ?[/QUOTE]
But that’s where a lot of the fun is, for me. What fun would a video game be if around every turn you found what you were looking for.

If I happen to stumble across this “enlightenment” which is described as everything from, “Neti neti” to having entire books written on the subject, then great. In the meantime, I’m cool with the princess being in a another castle.

Hi Surya Deva,

I am not sure where that post came from or what motivated it, as it's off-topic.
ah, I see. Let me explain: Some dude thought he could prove enlightenment with some techno babble about "quantum science", I set that straight and then you popped up noting that your dad was totally ahead of my dad when it comes to science.

Your dad was nowhere before the 18th century, lagged behind in technology, science, economy - culture in general. He got to the top through piracy, pillaging and plundering. He learned how to manufacture steel, zinc, textiles, dyes, surgical techniques from my dad. He
He what? Something is missing, dude. And while I'm not so familiar with the history of everything and anything, I'd actually guess that my dad had one or the other idea before the 18th century too. However, it's indeed the case that my dad was a badass and kicked your dad's ass hard. How come your dad wasn't strong enough to defend himself? Can you explain that?

Comparing pre-modern technology like buttons with zips, ancient observertories with modern space stations and particle accelerators, wooden elephants with modern robots and zeros with computer imaging just makes you look like a really silly person because nobody ever disputed the fact that modern technology is ahead of ancient technology(recorded)
But technology is based on science. If you have the science, you can build the technology. There would be no reason why your dad, if he was so ahead, did not built a space telescope or invent the zipper or the robot or the computer or fractal mathematics. But he didn't. He has a button, a wooden toy and a lame observatory with not even a friggin telescope. How come? Can you explain that? Did he not want the technology that comes with science? Did he invent primitive stuff like a toilet and then stopped there? Why? You claim he had scientific knowledge that is ahead of that the west has today. You silly person. :wink:

But what we can dispute that these things are by your dad.
Nice grammar. :wink:

In case you have not forgotten wireless communications and the micorochip was invented by an Indian
Nonsense. :wink:

The world leader in robotic technology is not your dad, but the dad of a Japanese.
You mean leader in robotic technology that simulates biological beings. And I'd even be uncertain of that. :wink:

The space station is not just a project by your dad, but an international project with large contingents of Indian and Chinese scientists.
Sure. The ISS wouldn't be possible without India. :wink:

Why did my dad invent philosophy and logic, yoga, Sanskrit, Ayurveda and mathematics?
Nah, why was your dad among those who were able to find out those things first? You don't invent philosophy and logic and language and medicine and mathematics. You discover it. How come your dad did?

Why is my dad still the leading guy in most of these areas
:wink:

• yes good question
    Obviously. And like usual, you refuse to deal with my good questions. You prefer to play "my dad - your dad" games. Why is that so? Why don't you deal with the question? Hm? Deal with it! Reply!

Why did it have to take your dad contact with my dad, before it could climb to the top - even better question
I think that the answer to this question lies within the reply to my question. If it was my 1), then it is because my dad's genes are inferiour to yours. Then it'd be like bragging about your dad being smarter than a monkey. Wanna go there, bunny? :wink: And if it was my 2), then my dad didn't have these information-sources. Was not the friend of aliens, did not discover Atlantis and it's lost knowledge and was not gifted by the gods. So then my dad simply wasn't lucky as yours. And if it was 3) or 4) then my dad simply had no time to sit on the veranda and just think about things, because he had to spend all his time to feed and protect himself, his wife, his kids and the people. Then his talent and intelligence was not used for progress.

But, on the other hand, my dad got really tough and strong. And kicked your dad's ass and took your dad's fancy knowledge and became stronger and smarter and richer. It's natures law. :wink:

And now please give us your theory and explanation, why thousands of years ago, India was the superior ultra super-duper mega ultra uber culture. After all, that's all you talk about here. How did that happen?

Science and technology are different things. Your dad still lags behind my dad, perhaps by a few centuries when it comes to science.

David,

“In the meantime, I’m cool with the princess being in a another castle.”

If you are, then she is not in the other castle. But if you are not, then by definition, be certain she is in the other castle. And if she is, you are definitely not cool with it. Forget even about the princess and the castle. Just taking a simple walk - at any moment all that is needed is for something that you dislike to happen, and your state of mind can come crashing down. These are the realities of one’s life. If one investigates, one will see just how in twenty four hours, you are becoming fearful, anxious, and generally enslaved to one’s likes and dislikes.

The first part of moving beyond suffering is to first recognize one’s sufferings. This attitude of just trying to look it over is just an intelligent way to deceive yourself. Because if you have to look into it - then you have to inquire, investigate, find a method to explore, look as deeply into things as possible, and all of the time, effort, and energy that is involved in figuring things out. To save yourself from such inconveniences, one would rather just overlook it altogether. But life does not function that way. Unless one has clear eyes to see into the realities that are functioning in one’s life, then nothing is going to be of much help. The universe has no obligation at all to fit into one’s own view as to how things should be, and there is a certain limit to how long one can continue deceiving oneself.

Thank you Amir. I know you get grief from some people here, but I personally appreciate your presence and the sharing of your knowledge.

And while I’m not so familiar with the history of everything and anything, I’d actually guess that my dad had one or the other idea before the 18th century too. However, it’s indeed the case that my dad was a badass and kicked your dad’s ass hard. How come your dad wasn’t strong enough to defend himself? Can you explain that?

Your dad was backwards before the 18th century. Your dad did not even bath before the 18th century. In fact your dad did not even have toilets and sanitation until the 16th century and hence suffered plagues - my dad had them in 3000BCE :wink:

My Dad and your dad’s economy from Wiki:

GDP in millions of dollars

1AD: 33,750 vs 14,433
1000AD: 33,750 vs 10,925
1500AD: 60,500 vs 44,183
1600AD: 65,602 vs 74,250
1700AD: 90,750 vs 81,213
1820AD: 111,417 vs 159,851
1870AD: 134,882 vs 367,466
1912AD: 204,242 vs 902,210

Interesting yes? Your dad was backwards for most of history, and it was only when he came into contact with my dad in the 18th century he went to the top. How did he managed to kick my dads ass then? Your dad was constantly warring and built better weapons than my dad. My dad was constantly fighting with the Muslim’s dad who was a tyrant and hated my dad’s religion and was killing and raping our people. Your dad lacked scuples and played dirty politics like divide and rule, piracy pillaging. Your dad came as traders originally and were given some land to operate in, but then betrayed the Muslim’s dad and filled it with troops - which then attacked the Muslim dad. Your dad try to pal up with my dad to help them against the Muslims’s dad, but then stabbed my back in the back - because your dad lacked scurples. He came from a barbaric culture where people did not bathe, and used paper to clean their arse.

But then your dad got civilised when he came into contact with me dad. He learned how to manufacture steel, zinc, textiles, dyes. His philosophy got better, his logic got better, his science got better, his mathematics got better. Now your dad is doing Yoga. But your dad has still not forgotten his old ways of piracy. Today he is trying to steal Yoga and Ayurveda. As if he’s not stolen enough already :wink:

But technology is based on science. If you have the science, you can build the technology. There would be no reason why your dad, if he was so ahead, did not built a space telescope or invent the zipper or the robot or the computer or fractal mathematics. But he didn’t. He has a button, a wooden toy and a lame observatory with not even a friggin telescope. How come? Can you explain that? Did he not want the technology that comes with science? Did he invent primitive stuff like a toilet and then stopped there? Why? You claim he had scientific knowledge that is ahead of that the west has today. You silly person.

Ah, it appears while you may have some knowledge about language, you have little to no knowledge about science and the philosophy of science. Have you heard this quote before, “Science is more indebted to the steam engine, than the steam engine is to it” You see the steam engine was developed based on the old science of Newtonian physics - which happens to be wrong. How do we know it is wrong? If GPS was based on Newtonian mechanics it would not work. Space shuttles would not get off the ground.

In fact technology was invented using Aristotlian physics as well - guess what Aristotlian physics is wrong. Do you who first proved it wrong? Galileo. We have developed technology like atomic bombs based on Einstenian physics - guess what? - It’s wrong :wink:
Here is the truth about your dad: your dad does not even know what something as basic as an atom, gravity or mind is. He is clueless. He has 101 theories, and still not any closer to the truth.

My dad was talking about atoms and subatomic particles, atomic boding, atomic energy before your dad even took atoms seriously(we taught your dad about atoms via Democritus, but your dad was ignorant ) My dad was describing gravity, velocity, momentum, kinetic energy, vertical and horizontal components of forces long before your dad got hit over the head with an apple :wink:

My dad was watching those atoms dance in and out of existence in his meditation and was playing with gravity as if a childs toy - which your dad still cannot do. My dad mapped out the quantum level of reality, found out how the energy systems of the body work and developed Yoga - which your dad still cannot do :wink:

Nonsense.

Wiki:

Vinod Dham:

Vinod Dham (Devanagari : विनोद धाम) is an Indian inventor and venture capitalist. He is popularly known as the Father of the Pentium chip.

Jagadish Chandra Bose:

Acharya Sir[1] Jagadish Chandra Bose, CSI,[2] CIE,[3] FRS (Bengali: জগদীশ চন্দ্র বসু J?godish Ch?ndro Boshu) (30 November 1858 – 23 November 1937) was an Bengali polymath: a physicist, biologist, botanist, archaeologist, as well as an early writer of science fiction.[4] He pioneered the investigation of radio and microwave optics, made very significant contributions to plant science, and laid the foundations of experimental science in the Indian subcontinent.[5] IEEE named him one of the fathers of radio science.[6] He is also considered the father of Bengali science fiction. He was the first person from the Indian subcontinent to receive a US patent, in 1904.

In November 1894, the Indian physicist, Jagdish Chandra Bose, demonstrated publicly the use of radio waves in Calcutta, but he was not interested in patenting his work.[108] Bose ignited gunpowder and rang a bell at a distance using electromagnetic waves,[109] proving that communication signals can be sent without using wires. He sent and received radio waves over distance but did not commercially exploit this achievement.
The 1895 public demonstration by Bose in Calcutta was before Marconi’s wireless signalling experiment on Salisbury Plain in England in May 1897.[110][111] Bose demonstrated the ability of the electric rays to travel from the lecture room, and through an intervening room and passage, to a third room 75 feet (23 m) distant from the radiator, thus passing through three solid walls on the way, as well as the body of the chairman (who happened to be the Lieutenant-Governor). The receiver at this distance still had energy enough to make a contact which set a bell ringing, discharged a pistol, and exploded a miniature mine. To get this result from his small radiator, Bose set up an apparatus which curiously anticipated the lofty ‘antennae’ of modern wireless telegraphy— a circular metal plate at the top of a pole, 20 feet (6.1 m) high, being put in connection with the radiator and a similar one with the receiving apparatus.[112]

In other words modern technology cannot be said to be your dads, because it is based on technology coming from many other peoples dad :wink:

Besides none of modern technology would be possible without the zero anyway :wink: If my dad did not teach the world how to count - where would the world be today :wink:

And now please give us your theory and explanation, why thousands of years ago, India was the superior ultra super-duper mega ultra uber culture. After all, that’s all you talk about here. How did that happen?

That’s just how it is. Why didn’t the Australian aborigines develop literature, philosophy and science despite inhabiting Australia for more than 20,000 years? Because that’s the way it is. Why was your dad painting his face and running around naked in the jungle when my dad was writing the Vedas, doing brain surgery, and mapping out the pranic body - it’s just the way it is. We called you asuras for a reason :wink:

Hi Surya Deva,

Your dad was backwards before the 18th century. Your dad did not even bath before the 18th century. In fact your dad did not even have toilets and sanitation until the 16th century and hence suffered plagues - my dad had them in 3000BCE :wink:
that's great. Today, however, I'm using a toilet and I do bath. And I'm filthy rich:

My Dad and your dad's economy from Wiki:

GDP in millions of dollars

1AD: 33,750 vs 14,433
1000AD: 33,750 vs 10,925
1500AD: 60,500 vs 44,183
1600AD: 65,602 vs 74,250
1700AD: 90,750 vs 81,213
1820AD: 111,417 vs 159,851
1870AD: 134,882 vs 367,466
1912AD: 204,242 vs 902,210

Interesting yes?
You had mentioned that before, but if it makes you happy. :wink: Did you, btw, notice, that your GDP still rose constantly? Except that it allegedly remained the same from 1 AD to 1000AD - quite improbably, isn't it? However, in 1912 it was six times what it was in 1 AD. So what one can read from this list is that my dad made greater progress than your dad.

Your dad was backwards for most of history, and it was only when he came into contact with my dad in the 18th century he went to the top. How did he managed to kick my dads ass then?
Exactly. That's one of two actually interesting questions here, because noone really cares about the GDP in 1AD or who invented the button, the toilet and "logic".

But you refuse to answer the interesting question. They are too advanced for your simple mind and your simple theories and your simple agenda. You prefer to point out that my dad had no toilet in 3000BC:

Your dad was constantly warring and built better weapons than my dad. My dad was constantly fighting with the Muslim's dad who was a tyrant and hated my dad's religion and was killing and raping our people. Your dad lacked scuples and played dirty politics like divide and rule, piracy pillaging. Your dad came as traders originally and were given some land to operate in, but then betrayed the Muslim's dad and filled it with troops - which then attacked the Muslim dad. Your dad try to pal up with my dad to help them against the Muslims's dad, but then stabbed my back in the back - because your dad lacked scurples. He came from a barbaric culture where people did not bathe, and used paper to clean their arse.
There there.. :wink: Question remains:

How.
Was.
It.
Possible.
?.

That is the question. How could your oh-so-superior dad be owned by my dirty filthy barbaric primitive dad? How could your dad not have great weapons to defend himself? How could he be betrayed by an alleged simpleton like my dad? After millenia of being conquered by anyone, your dad was still naive as a 3-year-old kid? Well... At lease his arse was clean, wooot! :wink:

But then your dad got civilised when he came into contact with me dad. He learned how to manufacture steel, zinc, textiles, dyes. His philosophy got better, his logic got better, his science got better, his mathematics got better.
No no, that is just your Hindu nationalist routine. For example have I recently watched a documentary about the history of chemistry. There it was explained in detail how that science evolved, who made which findings, who came up with which theories, who verified them, how the single elements were isolated, how the periodic table created, etc. etc. No India involved. Maybe - I have no idea - some remarkable findings were made in India in 3000BC, who knows. Yet, chemistry was explored and researched by my dad himself. And the same counts for physics:

Ah, it appears while you may have some knowledge about language, you have little to no knowledge about science and the philosophy of science.
I know a lot about science. :wink: For example do I know exactly what you're trying to say here. Just that I'm not so sure why. :smiley:

Have you heard this quote before, "Science is more indebted to the steam engine, than the steam engine is to it" You see the steam engine was developed based on the old science of Newtonian physics - which happens to be wrong. How do we know it is wrong? If GPS was based on Newtonian mechanics it would not work. Space shuttles would not get off the ground.
That is because Newtonian physics does not apply under conditions with large scales. Large speed, large forces, large distances, etc. But it works perfectly on our scale, the human scale. You had mentioned this before, I guess it's somewhat a standard-thing to bring up when discrediting evil western science, and I had told you that the Newtonian physics is a border case of the theory of relativity.

Due to understanding physics via Newton's findings, science made a quantum leap. I wouldn't know, but I never heard of an Indian equivalent of all those formulas, and I would not know that Newton had any inspiration from India. He found this out by himself, and then his findings were further developed by evil western scientist. And then technology based on this theories was built, for example the steam engine and the internal combustion engine, electricity, computer-technology, genetic engineering.

And when the theories lacked, on large scales, which are astronomical scales, they developed new theories that filled out the blanks, among them the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics. Without any help of Indian scriptures. And India has nothing that works on the same level, let alone outranks western science. It's a fact, my friend, a regular normal fact, like... "water is wet" and "fire is hot". Not to forget :wink:

However: The point remains unrefuted, if you have the science, you are in the position to create the technology. So if your dad had a more evolved science millenia ago: Where is the technology and since it's simply not there: Why did he not build it? Explain.

My explanation: He did have the science not. At all. He was lucky to live in an area of the world where he could feed himself easily and therefore could have a large population and therefore have the smartest liberated from doing the hard work and solute problems. Basic problems, simple stuff, like "when you have 5 apples and take 5 aways, how many are left?" Zero. Omg, the brainz!!11!11!1!

In fact technology was invented using Aristotlian physics as well - guess what Aristotlian physics is wrong. Do you who first proved it wrong? Galileo. We have developed technology like atomic bombs based on Einstenian physics - guess what? - It's wrong
Here is the truth about your dad: your dad does not even know what something as basic as an atom, gravity or mind is. He is clueless. He has 101 theories, and still not any closer to the truth. :wink:

My dad was talking about atoms and subatomic particles, atomic boding, atomic energy before your dad even took atoms seriously(we taught your dad about atoms via Democritus, but your dad was ignorant ) My dad was describing gravity, velocity, momentum, kinetic energy, vertical and horizontal components of forces long before your dad got hit over the head with an apple :wink:

My dad was watching those atoms dance in and out of existence in his meditation and was playing with gravity as if a childs toy - which your dad still cannot do. My dad mapped out the quantum level of reality, found out how the energy systems of the body work and developed Yoga - which your dad still cannot do :wink:
Sure, the great siddhis. Fairy tales, my friend, a straw you try to hold onto. You dad mapped out the quantum level of reality. In meditation. :wink:

Dude, if your dad's so cool, how come your brothers and sisters who unlike yourself still live in your dad's house, are so miserable? I mean, someone with superhuman powers, who mapped out the quantum level of reality (lol) and plays with gravity as if (it is) a child's toy: Can't even feed his kids? How can that be?

No dude. What you have are philosophical ideas. And we all know, that India has produced a bazillion of such ideas. Some of which more or less resemble modern western scientific findings, which makes you freak out like it was some ancient Indian Soma-drinker who formulated the wave-function. India has nothing and had nothing like Western chemistry, physics, quantum mechanics, micro-biology, and so forth. And yes, it might be that it would've come up with these advanced insights if it wasn't conquered by one civilisation after the other. And all jokes aside: Of course that's a pitty and a shame and a sin. All wars are. Why can't we all just be brothers and sisters and share our knowledge and wealth. That'd rule. But that's not how this world works. Gotta face it. And if your dad didn't: Bummer.

You said:
Indians invented wireless communication and the microchip
I said:
nonsense
You said:
Vinod Dham:
Jagadish Chandra Bose:
I say:

You're cute. There was a man from India involved in the production of one specific microchip, and bam, the microchip was invented by Indians. A man from India was involved with investigating radio-waves, and bam, wireless communication was invented by Indians.

On the other hand, if someone solves highly advanced problems and uses a 0 in his calculations, none of his findings are his, but as well to attribute to the Indians.

Quite, my friend, funny. Too bad, isn't it?, that these are all just rethorics. Noone buys it, noone cares, impact: Zero. Well, maybe except on younglings like you-know-who. Where is he, btw? I think you were a little too harsh with him, you know, when you made him feel guilty because he didn't accept all your bs about science. Maybe he's too smart for your stuff.

In other words modern technology cannot be said to be your dads, because it is based on technology coming from many other peoples dad :wink:
Dude, I'm not denying your dad has contributed to science and technology. He did. Good job!

You deny mine has. According to your world-history, mine has shit on his ass and stabbed yours in the back, end of story.

Besides none of modern technology would be possible without the zero anyway :wink: If my dad did not teach the world how to count - where would the world be today :wink:
I'd guess the world would've found out how to count by itself one day. As I had noted: Things like basic logic, math, philosophy is not invented. It's found. Most of what you have is "we found it first". And then there were contacts between your culture and others, and bam, all of the other cultures found and developed is all nothing but the result of such contact. That's friggin hilarious.

I had also mentioned what it needs to find things: Time to look. These, btw, two mentionings make my post like 50,000 times smarter and more relevant than you "my dad went to the toilet when your dad didn't know how to bath"-routine. :wink:

And finally, as expected:

[quote]And now please give us your theory and explanation, why thousands of years ago, India was the superior ultra super-duper mega ultra uber culture. After all, that's all you talk about here. How did that happen?
That's just how it is.[/quote]That's just how it is. :wink:

Why didn't the Australian aborigines develop literature, philosophy and science despite inhabiting Australia for more than 20,000 years?
I haven't contemplated about Aborigines at all, spontanously would I think they do have literature and philosophy and they might not need science as much as we do, because they had a large land for not too many people + they were isolated from the rest of the world. If you have a lot of people, like for example in the Indus Valley, you need a lot of solutions. For example a toilet. And if you have contact to a lot of other civilisations, in case of India a damn lot, you also get a lot of inspiration. Who knows where the toilet actually came from, or the button, or anything else.

If the Indians found it all out themselves, the question remains: What enabled them? This:

Because that's the way it is.
Isn't good enough. And if it was, then why are you whining all day long? What's the point?

Sissy.

Why was your dad painting his face and running around naked in the jungle when my dad was writing the Vedas, doing brain surgery, and mapping out the pranic body
Running around naked in the jungle is quite naturally, isn't it. Mapping out the pranic body (lol) is not. So how come your dad did?

• it's just the way it is.
    Is that

a) the reply of a primitive barbarian or
b) the reply of an advanced scientist?

We called you asuras for a reason :wink:
You call us asuras for a reason indeed, because that way you do not have to openly stand to your racism. We are the asuras: What would that mean? We are inferior to you by nature. That's what you want to say. You go with my 1). We who live in the west are asura, our kids are asura. By nature. It's simply the way it is. And you are the devas, the holy beings, and you have to fight us, we have come to an end. Would you kill us if you could? Exterminate us? Like a rat infestation? :frowning:

I don’t recall reading about Indians building hi tech ships and navigational systems to sail around the globe in the 15th century. Duh…

that’s great. Today, however, I’m using a toilet and I do bath. And I’m filthy rich

Yes, but my point was that you were backwards before the 18th century. Today you are no longer backwards when it comes to technology. In science you are :wink:

You had mentioned that before, but if it makes you happy. Did you, btw, notice, that your GDP still rose constantly? Except that it allegedly remained the same from 1 AD to 1000AD - quite improbably, isn’t it? However, in 1912 it was six times what it was in 1 AD. So what one can read from this list is that my dad made greater progress than your dad.

Have you noticed your GDP shrank from 1AD to 1000AD? In those days surplus production was not important, only enough had to be produced to sustain the society. From 1000AD onwards the emphasis shifted to surplus production, this is why the GDP grew. From 1800AD Industrial revolution allowed overproduction of goods and this is why the economy of your dad grew so rapidly. However, your industrial revolution was based on two things

1. Killing of India’s industry which then dominated 25% of the industrial output in the world.
  2. Looting India’s wealth to fuel your own industrial revolution
    Lets face it before your dad came in contact with my dad your dad was behind my dad. We civilised you indirectly.

Exactly. That’s one of two actually interesting questions here, because noone really cares about the GDP in 1AD or who invented the button, the toilet and “logic”.

I certainly do, because it history. I do admit it does give me some satisfication that my dad trumped your dad for most of world history.

That is the question. How could your oh-so-superior dad be owned by my dirty filthy barbaric primitive dad? How could your dad not have great weapons to defend himself? How could he be betrayed by an alleged simpleton like my dad? After millenia of being conquered by anyone, your dad was still naive as a 3-year-old kid?

Weapons technology develops in warring cultures, not peaceful culture. It is a fact my dad never invaded any other dad in 10,000 years of history. It is a fact that my dad valued ahimsa and dharma. It is also a fact that your dad was a savage barbarian from the very start - piracy, pillaging, plundering ran in his veins.

But my dad was not weak - far from it. My dad had a warrior culture, and our warrior culture was so strong, Alexandra the great’s armies ran away. They claimed to have defeat Poros, but that was a lie Alexandra told to his people because he was so embarrased his army ran away and that he had to concede his previously captured territory to Poros.

Nor was my dad weak when the Muslims attacked. We fought valiantly against this highly fanatical force that had walked through Western Europe and the Persians, but when they got to India they could not get India too easily, they had to constantly fight with Hindu kingdoms, the Rajputanas, the Marathas, the Sikhs and South Indian kings. The Mughals could never occupy all of India because of our strong warrior culture.

Then your dad came along as nothing more than an opportunist and took advantage of the fact that Hindus and Muslims kings were warring with one another. Through deciet, piracy, lies, betrayal - which came so naturally to your dad - your dad was able to invade my dad. But my dad never quit fighting, Pritvhiraj Chuan, Pindaris, Rani Laxshmi Bhai, Mangal Pandey and the Sikhs fought tooth and nail with your dad, and made sure your dad’s stay in our country was uncomfortable. We finally kicked your dad out in 1947.

No no, that is just your Hindu nationalist routine. For example have I recently watched a documentary about the history of chemistry. There it was explained in detail how that science evolved, who made which findings, who came up with which theories, who verified them, how the single elements were isolated, how the periodic table created, etc. etc. No India involved. Maybe - I have no idea - some remarkable findings were made in India in 3000BC, who knows. Yet, chemistry was explored and researched by my dad himself. And the same counts for physics:

What you watched a Western documentary that did not acknowledge Indian contributions, who would have thought of it :wink:

Read this book A history of Hindu chemistry and learn a bit of history you will never learn in your Western textbooks and documentaries. The author was the professor of chemistry at India’s Harvard, Presidency college Calcutta.

Chemistry in India was never studied separately from medicine and engineering, and yet it was utilized in both. To become a practicing doctor for example knowledge of chemistry was essential:

Wiki

The Ayurvedic classics mention eight branches of medicine: kāyācikitsā (internal medicine), śalyacikitsā (surgery including anatomy), śālākyacikitsā (eye, ear, nose, and throat diseases), kaumārabhṛtya (pediatrics), bhūtavidyā (spirit medicine), and agada tantra (toxicology), rasāyana (science of rejuvenation), and vājīkaraṇa (aphrodesiacs, mainly for men). Apart from learning these, the student of Āyurveda was expected to know ten arts that were indispensable in the preparation and application of his medicines: distillation, operative skills, cooking, horticulture, metallurgy, sugar manufacture, pharmacy, analysis and separation of minerals, compounding of metals, and preparation of alkalis. The teaching of various subjects was done during the instruction of relevant clinical subjects. For example, teaching of anatomy was a part of the teaching of surgery, embryology was a part of training in pediatrics and obstetrics, and the knowledge of physiology and pathology was interwoven in the teaching of all the clinical disciplines. The normal length of the student’s training appears to have been seven years. But the physician was to continue to learn.[13]

Yep, you stole our technology of steel and zinc production:

Steel:

According to traditional history Wootz steel originated in India before the beginning of the common era.[5] There is archaeological evidence of the manufacturing process in South India from that time.[6][7] Wootz steel was widely exported and traded throughout ancient Europe and the Arab world, and became particularly famous in the Middle East, where it was known as Damascus steel, it later traced to workshops in western India.[8]
In ancient times, thirty pounds of steel was a precious gift, deemed by King Porus worthy of presentation to Alexander the Great. Another sign that Ancient India was celebrated for its steel is seen in a Persian phrase - to give an “Indian answer,” meaning “a cut with an India sword.”[8]

Legends of Wootz steel and Damascus swords aroused the curiosity of the European scientific community from the 17th to the 19th Century. The use of high carbon alloys were not known in Europe previously and thus the research into Wootz steel played an important role in the development of modern English, French and Russian metallurgy.[9]

Western research

Wootz was possibly rediscovered in the mid 19th century by the Russian metallurgist Pavel Petrovich Anosov (see Bulat steel), who refused to reveal the secret of its manufacture other than to write five one-sentence descriptions of different ways in which it could be made.

Master bladesmith Alfred Pendray re-discovered what may be the classic techniques in the early 1980s, as later verified by Dr. John Verhoeven.[12][13]
Another method of wootz production, using modern technology, was developed around 1980 by Dr. Oleg Sherby and Dr. Jeff Wadsworth at Stanford University and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Even though this steel had the characteristic bands of microcarbides, whether or not this could be considered wootz was disputed by Verhoeven since it was not made in a classical manner.

Zinc:

Zinc mines at Zawar, near Udaipur in India, have been active since the Mauryan period in the late 1st millennium BC. The smelting of metallic zinc here however appears to have begun around the 12th century AD.[55][56] One estimate is that this location produced an estimated million tonnes of metallic zinc and zinc oxide from the 12th to 16th centuries.[13] Another estimate gives a total production of 60,000 tons of metallic zinc over this period.[55] The Rasaratna Samuccaya, written in approximately the 14th century AD, mentions two types of zinc-containing ores; one used for metal extraction and another used for medicinal purposes.[56]

The isolation of metallic zinc in the West may have been achieved independently by several people. Postlewayt’s Universal Dictionary, a contemporary source giving technological information in Europe, did not mention zinc before 1751 but the element was studied before then.[56][65]
Flemish metallurgist P.M. de Respour reported that he extracted metallic zinc from zinc oxide in 1668.[13] By the turn of the century, ?tienne Fran?ois Geoffroy described how zinc oxide condenses as yellow crystals on bars of iron placed above zinc ore being smelted.[13] In Britain, John Lane is said to have carried out experiments to smelt zinc, probably at Landore, prior to his bankruptcy in 1726.[66]

In 1738, William Champion patented in Great Britain a process to extract zinc from calamine in a vertical retort style smelter.[67] His technology was somewhat similar to that used at Zawar zinc mines in Rajasthan but there is no evidence that he visited the Orient.[68]

More here

Physics:

Exercepts from Ancient Hindu chemistry:

Hindu theory of Sound:

“To account for sound originating in one place being heard in another, it is observed that sound is propogated by undulation, wave after wave, radiating in every direction from a centre… It is not the first wave, or the intermediate wave when the sound is heard, but only when it comes in contact with the sense organ of hearing. And therefore it is is not quite correct to say a drum has been heard. Sound originates in conjunction, disjunction or from other from other sound. The conjunction of cybmals or a stick with a drum exemplies the first. The rusling of leaves is sound by disjunction”

Your dad did not have a similar wave theory of sound until the 18th century.

Hindu theory of mechanics

Quotes from Vaiseshika sutras of Kanada(available online to read on archive.com)

*Action is the common cause of conjunction, disjunction and movement. For example the motion that is produced in the arrow is due to the action in the bow and disjunction of the arrow.

• Every action has an equal and opposing reaction
  • Gravity is the cause of falling, when there is no conjunction. By the term conjunction impediments is implied. In the absence of impediments, due to gravity as the non co-herent cause, falling results…in a bird it is volition that is the impediment to falling. In an arrow discharged it is the initial momentum that is the impediment to falling. In the case of a body resting high on a tree branch, the tree branch is the impediment to falling.
    *The horizontal motion of a discharged arrow though, though it is acted on by gravity, results from the initial impulse/momentum energy, but in the case of a falling arrow, when it loses it momentum energy due to gravity it falls.
  • The first action of the arrow is produced from the momentum energy by the bow, the second action is from the propogation of the initial momentum energy, and in like manner the next and the next. The arrow would continue in like manner infinitely and at constant velocity, but by disjunction of gravity, the arrow gradually loses its momentum and falls.

Your did not have a similar theory of mechanics until the 18th century.

Hindu theory of thermodynamics

• The sun’s rays cause the cause the assent of waters with conjunction with wind. The waters conjuct with the sun’s rays and then conjunct with the wind, in the same way water is boiled and then evaporates.

*The freezing and thawing of water is due to light/heat. The aqueas atoms solidfy to form a binary atomic aggregate due to the absence of heat and thus lose their fluidity(kinetic energy) and appear to look solid. It might be asked what proof is there that snow and hail etc are water? Action is produced in the solid atoms by conjunction with a powerful heat. This leads to disjunction of the solid atoms originating fluidity within the binary atomic aggregate, hence the thawing of the snow, melting of hail. The efficient cause is heat.

Your dad not have a similar theory of thermodynamics and the states of matter or the recognition of heat and light being the same thing until the 18th century.

Thus what I said originally was true. You were backwards before the 18th century. You were not even at our standards in 2000BCE in science, technology, chemistry, production. All your sciences improved only when you had contact with us.

I am telling you - you are behind STILL in science :smiley:

That is because Newtonian physics does not apply under conditions with large scales. Large speed, large forces, large distances, etc. But it works perfectly on our scale, the human scale. You had mentioned this before, I guess it’s somewhat a standard-thing to bring up when discrediting evil western science, and I had told you that the Newtonian physics is a border case of the theory of relativity.

Ah, cute, this reminds me of what I was like in class when my professor of philosophy of science told this to us the first time when we were studying Popper and Kuhn. I was just like you, “No, it’s not that Newtonian physics is wrong, it’s only Newtonian physics applies to the everyday world and does not account for objects travelling near the speed of light and gravity distortions etc” Oh but then I found it was wrong. You see Einstein did not just add or tweak Newtonian physics, he completely transformed it and introduced new variables like space-time. The fact that Newtonian physics works on a practical level does not mean it is not wrong. Einstein found that reality was not at all a mechanistic clockwork universe, but reality was really a space-time fabric and mass was just highly condensed energy which created depressions in the space-time fabric creating “gravity wells” There were other implications of Einstein which Newton would have found totally absurd - the predicates that ruptures existed within space-time due to high gravitional fields(blackholes, wormhomes etc) and that time travel could be possible by travelling faster than the speed of light. He also showed each observer has a different frame of reference and time flows differently in each frame of reference. A person on higher ground and on lower ground are bizarrely in a slightly different frame of reference.

To not admit that the Einstenian physics is a completely different paradigm to Newtonian physics belies an ignorance of science. Similarly, to not admit that quantum physics is a completely different paradigm to Einstenian physics.
If you were really familiar with science you would know science is full of 101 bizarre theories today. Ever since quantum physics came into the picture the world of science was shaken up. The last 80 years of science has been coming to terms with quantum physics saying that this entire world of human perception does not actually really exist. There is no space-time. It is a weird world.

Due to understanding physics via Newton’s findings, science made a quantum leap. I wouldn’t know, but I never heard of an Indian equivalent of all those formulas, and I would not know that Newton had any inspiration from India. He found this out by himself, and then his findings were further developed by evil western scientist.

Again as Kuhn pointed out many people assume science is a historical process where our knowledge just grows in a linear way. The truth of the history of science is not this at all, the truth rather is the coming and going of paradigms incommensurable with one another.

As for Indian “formulas” Indian science is descriptive. We do not play these games of creating formulas and mathematical models - because we know they are wrong - because one thing is you cannot measure reality - you can only experience reality from your sensory level. What is quantum physics saying today? You cannot measure reality. So my dad did not waste time with equations and hypothesis like your dad. My dad has a superior scientific method to ascertain truth.

I doubt whether Newton was not influenced by India. First of all all his ideas were already well known to Indian natural philosophers(as proven above) even his calculus methods were known to the Kerela school of mathematicians. We are never going to find out - because your dad is a master of plagiarism.

However: The point remains unrefuted, if you have the science, you are in the position to create the technology. So if your dad had a more evolved science millenia ago: Where is the technology and since it’s simply not there: Why did he not build it? Explain.

A philosopher once famouly said, “Numbers, what is so special about numbers, some cultures probably use numbers to paint”

You have a typical reductionist Western mentality - where everything must be reduced to Western ways of thinking. So if the West developed certain technology, then so should have others. They didn’t, therefore this means the West is more advanced. Nope, what his proves is the West are simpletons that cannot understand other cultures do not have the same mindset.

Dharmic culture is not empiricst and materialist. We developed science not so that we can build better weapons and exploit each other and planet more efficiently - we developed science to end human suffering. We identified the cause of human suffering was the senses and the mind itself and sensory reality and even our sense of self was unreal, so we developed techniques by studying the mind using meditation to map out all areas of consciousness. We made them some amazing discoveries and the result was Yoga.

We developed Yoga with our science and you developed electronics. And guess what? Now that you’ve hit the quantum barrier - what are you in want of? You guessesd it: Yoga. I will say it again, were ahead of you.

Sure, the great siddhis. Fairy tales, my friend, a straw you try to hold onto. You dad mapped out the quantum level of reality. In meditation.

Do you know one of the worlds most renowned philosopher of science, physicists and author of “Tao of physics” Fritz Capra writes in his book of seeing atoms dance in and out of existence, which he describes as “the dance of Shiva” The reason you ridicule meditation as a valid scientific method is because you are backwards - you don’t understand that meditation can penetrate deep into the nature of reality - because you are still believing in flat-earth-like theories that you live in a physical world - despite the fact that quantum physics has long put that to rest.

Why did my dad have so much scientific knowledge without any machines or tools, such as Charaka describing 20 types of microrganisms and giving vivid descriptions of them - because my dad had discovered the master science of meditation. With meditation knowledge comes to you - rather than you going out there with your microscopes, telescopes and particle accelerators - but like I said you won’t understand this - because your dad is backwards :wink:

Here is the truth, and I will tell you only once more, and if you still don’t get it, I’ll leave you to your own devices: Reality is a consciousness field. It is not matter, there is no such thing as matter, but rather it is your mind’s sensory perception of the field that causes the field to appear as matter. Hence why it appears differently under different consciousness states. When you realise this, you will be able to penetrate deep into the field and gain control of all of reality.

My dad become a god, your dad is still a mortal :wink:

Dude, if your dad’s so cool, how come your brothers and sisters who unlike yourself still live in your dad’s house, are so miserable? I mean, someone with superhuman powers, who mapped out the quantum level of reality (lol) and plays with gravity as if (it is) a child’s toy: Can’t even feed his kids? How can that be?

My brothers and sisters are living in a country that had been colonized for 200-300 years by the British who bled it economically to death. Over 100 years 25 million of my brothers and sisters died from starvation and rest were reduced to dire poverty. When independence came in 1947 my brothers and sisters were 90% living in abject poverty and only 20-30% were literate.

Like I said your dad lacked scruples. We call you asura for a reason.

Some of which more or less resemble modern western scientific findings, which makes you freak out like it was some ancient Indian Soma-drinker who formulated the wave-function.

Do you even know the one who formulated the wave function and wave mechanics was a self-professed Hindu :wink: Do you know the Schrodinger’s cat is a Hindu paradox formulated by Samkhya? Do you know Schrodinger solution to his wave mechanics was Vedanta?

You’re cute. There was a man from India involved in the production of one specific microchip, and bam, the microchip was invented by Indians. A man from India was involved with investigating radio-waves, and bam, wireless communication was invented by Indians.

On the other hand, if someone solves highly advanced problems and uses a 0 in his calculations, none of his findings are his, but as well to attribute to the Indians.

No dear, my point was that that the modern technologies you falsely attribute to your dad, are not all by your dad - but have contributions from many dads.

Dude, I’m not denying your dad has contributed to science and technology. He did. Good job!

You deny mine has. According to your world-history, mine has shit on his ass and stabbed yours in the back, end of story.

I deny what you think he has contributed. He has contributed to material technology, mass production and capitalism. He outdid all other dads with the steam engine, railways and factories and then he produced the motor and electronics. These are all the results of empiricist tradition of your civilisation.
But your dad is backwards when it comes to science. Great technology does not equal great science.

I’d guess the world would’ve found out how to count by itself one day. As I had noted: Things like basic logic, math, philosophy is not invented. It’s found. Most of what you have is “we found it first”. And then there were contacts between your culture and others, and bam, all of the other cultures found and developed is all nothing but the result of such contact. That’s friggin hilarious.

No dear, it is invented. Is there any natural object called logic, math, philosophy? I can discover a land like say America, but if I come up with an idea I have not discovered it, but invented it. The mind invents logic, math and philosophy, it does not discover them.

What makes you think the zero would ever have been independently developed by you? Your first reaction to the zero was that it was a heresy, evil, demonic. You did not develop the zero because you did not have the same abstract mind like we did - you could not conceive of such grande ideas like zero and infinite are one and same or that microcosm is the macrocosm. You lacked the development of an abstract and philosophical mind. Your approach had always been indulgence in the material world and empirical outlook to maximise your pleasure of it. We on the other hand, realised that it was the senses that were the cause of out suffering and our embodient, preventing us from realising the true happiness in the ideal world within us. We went inwards, and you like the animals remained outwards.

haven’t contemplated about Aborigines at all, spontanously would I think they do have literature and philosophy and they might not need science as much as we do…

If the Indians found it all out themselves, the question remains: What enabled them? This

The answer is very simple why the Aborgines did not develop science, literature etc, because their mindset was not geared that way from the beginning. We Indians developed philosophy because our mindset was geared towards that- we after all have a religion whose scriptures are called the books of knowledge. We worship knowledge as a goddess. It is because of these noble beginnings we had a noble civilisation.

On the other hand, your civilisation had barbaric beginnings, so your dad became a babarian :wink:

You call us asuras for a reason indeed, because that way you do not have to openly stand to your racism. We are the asuras: What would that mean? We are inferior to you by nature. That’s what you want to say. You go with my 1). We who live in the west are asura, our kids are asura. By nature. It’s simply the way it is. And you are the devas, the holy beings, and you have to fight us, we have come to an end. Would you kill us if you could? Exterminate us? Like a rat infestation?

Your mindset is asura. We just want to destroy your mindset and replace it with a dharmic mindset. We have nothing against your brothers and sisters. We want you to be holy beings like we are :wink:

Hi Surya Deva,

hey, have you been up all night to write all this stuff? To bad ya can't "win" a debate by the sheer number of words you hacked in. I'll make it short, let's start with chemistry. What I'd been saying is that evil western scientist found out about chemistry by themselves. They found the periodic table of elements, which means, they both isolated all the elements and found the inner logic of elements. If one should not understand the relevance of this: Damn, it's relevant. :smiley: Highly. It's a masterpiece of science, one of the most remarkable achievements. To state crap like "no western scientist ever came up with anything relevant" is already shred to pieces by this.

The decent thing, my deva-friend, to do would be to friggin recognize this. Say "yeah, your dad found this out, great job". But you don't, cuz ur a lousy little freak. So you say:

What you watched a Western documentary that did not acknowledge Indian contributions, who would have thought of it :wink:
Lame ole conspiracy theories...

And then you come up with some unrelated stuff about chemistry in India. Butthead: Noone ever denied that Indians accomplished stuff. But they neither have an equivalent of the periodic table of elements, nor did they help evil western scientist to find it and the elements.

Then you spool of your standard routines:

Yep, you stole our technology of steel and zinc production:
And then a huuuuuge story of no relevance whatsoever:

Steel:

According to traditional history Wootz steel originated in India before the beginning of the common era.[5]
That's great my friend. Wootz steel originated in India. Good job, well done! Want a cookie and a smiley face..? :slight_smile:

But we're... no wait: I'm not talking about "Wootz steel" here, but about the science of chemistry. A very important and very sophisticated branch of science, as you surely agree. That science of chemistry was discovered by the research of evil western scientist. Even if - what I don't see to be the case - said science was discovered to a similar or even larger degree in India earlier, it still makes no difference, as it still was discovered by western scientist, in that case too. So your racist depiction of western people as brainless monkeys is nonsense. And racism, because you're a racist.

The same reply is valid for your whining about some British guy patenting some specific method to "extract zinc from calamine in a vertical retort style smelter." Your article says his "technology was somewhat similar to that used at Zawar zinc mines in Rajasthan but there is no evidence that he visited the Orient.", but let's just assume he stole it all: It's not the point.

The point, again/still, is, that neither does India have something that equals or even outranks western chemistry, nor western people are sorta like "incapable" of doing science, because "that's the way it is" and their brain would be too small or something.

You're just evading the actual points. When I give you a list of stuff that was invented in the West, for example the microchip, you say it was invented by an Indian. When I show that some Indian was involved with inventing one particular chip? You drop the subject. When I tell you that western scientist developed chemistry, you brag about some technology that was known in India first, and when it most probably was re-discovered in the West, you call that stealing.

You're hilarious, SD. :wink:

And then?

Physics:

Exercepts from Ancient Hindu chemistry:

Hindu theory of Sound:
You start listing stuff that was found in India. My god... So pathetic. Honeybunney, one more time:

NOONE DENIES YOUR DADDY WAS SMART AND FOUND OUT STUFF!!!!!!!!

You're the damn racist here.

Btw, I found the whole documentary I talked about on YouTube!!! It's 3 hours long, three episodes with 6 parts each:

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

According to Surya Deva, all you see there is wrong. Everything told are evil lies by evil western barbarians with evil genes, that are evil by default. No western scientist found out anything. Western chemistry does not exist. In reality, Indians found out all about... everything. But that fact is surpressed and you have to read a secret book that has the truth.

Hi-la-ri-ous.

Next:

[quote]That is because Newtonian physics does not apply under conditions with large scales. Large speed, large forces, large distances, etc. But it works perfectly on our scale, the human scale. You had mentioned this before, I guess it's somewhat a standard-thing to bring up when discrediting evil western science, and I had told you that the Newtonian physics is a border case of the theory of relativity.

Ah, cute, this reminds me of what I was like in class when my professor of philosophy of science told this to us the first time when we were studying Popper and Kuhn.[/quote]I actually highly doubt that you have every seen a university from the inside. :wink:

I was just like you, "No, it's not that Newtonian physics is wrong, it's only Newtonian physics applies to the everyday world and does not account for objects travelling near the speed of light and gravity distortions etc" Oh but then I found it was wrong.
It's not wrong, SD. Not. There are only "limits of validity". That's all. Really. :wink: For example if you have a distance of 100 km and you know you can travel with an average speed of 50 km per hour, you can calculate with a Newtonian formula, that it will take you two hours to get there. That's not wrong. It correct. It get's wrong if you travel lightyears at a speed near that of light, wich would be something like for example 250,000 km per second. Then you need relativistic mechanics.

That is the case and there is no debating this. :wink:

Debating there is why you're hilarious enough to deny this: Because you want to render anything that was found out by evil western scientists nonsense. You want to call Newtonian physics nonsense because not only did the Indians find this out earlier, there is no equivalent in Indian science at all. As there is none for the theories of relativity and none for quantum mechanics. Well, there are some philosophical ideas that the world isn't what you see, but to pretend that would outrank factual science and mathematical proof: :wink:

Next thing. Btw: Anything I say is wrong. All false. My god, I must be a monkey, must I not?

[quote]However: The point remains unrefuted, if you have the science, you are in the position to create the technology. So if your dad had a more evolved science millenia ago: Where is the technology and since it's simply not there: Why did he not build it? Explain.

A philosopher once famouly said, "Numbers, what is so special about numbers, some cultures probably use numbers to paint"[/quote]Another one once said "booooring".

You have a typical reductionist Western mentality - where everything must be reduced to Western ways of thinking. So if the West developed certain technology, then so should have others. They didn't, therefore this means the West is more advanced. Nope, what his proves is the West are simpletons that cannot understand other cultures do not have the same mindset.
Sure. I wouldn't understand why a culture that has great knowledge has it's people suffer. Would have the means to create technology to make their lives better, but doesn't. Could create means of self-defense from evil demonic monkey-barbarians, but prefers to let them take over and rape the lands. And then spends hours of productivity to whine about all that. That makes no sense in my book.

Particularly not, when they actually did develop technology. One, my friend, that is on exactly the level of science that is not somewhat metaphysically invisible, like your out-mapping of pranic bodies in meditation, but on that of a science we can actually see. The ancient Indian science we can actually see is on exeactly the same level as the ancient Indian technology we can actually see. You just claim there would be more science, and when I ask: Where is it? Where is the corresponding technology? you speak of maps of the pranic body. And fairy tales alike.

Dharmic culture is not empiricst and materialist. We developed science not so that we can build better weapons and exploit each other and planet more efficiently - we developed science to end human suffering.
But obviously you did not end human suffering. Totally not. So your science is worthless, my friend. And in fact, it's not even science. It's religion. Faith.

We identified the cause of human suffering was the senses and the mind itself and sensory reality and even our sense of self was unreal, so we developed techniques by studying the mind using meditation to map out all areas of consciousness. We made them some amazing discoveries and the result was Yoga.
Aww, that's great. Amazing discoveries you made. Where are they? What results from them? I see nothing. Millions of people in India have a buck per day to live of. How is that amazing?

We developed Yoga with our science and you developed electronics. And guess what? Now that you've hit the quantum barrier - what are you in want of? You guessesd it: Yoga. I will say it again, were ahead of you.
Hilarious.

You know why "we are want in of Yoga"? Because it's a great exercise. That's it. If Yoga had not those gymnastics, Yoga would be nowhere in the West. Noone would be interested. I guess for 90+% of the people who do "Yoga", Yoga is nothing but gymnastics. What makes Yoga big, is the effect the gymnastics have on the body. And it's just one type of physical exercises of many, other people do bodybuilding or Kung Fu or go jogging, spinning, curling, swimming. Yoga in the West and in India is watered down beyond recognition and hardly used for the purpose layed out in the Yoga Sutras. Aren't you whining about that all the time as well?!

So much about Yoga.

Why you have nothing to prove your alleged scientific advances, they're still a myth. As well to yourself, it's nothing but hearsay. India has no scientific advances anymore. It had them from 3000BC to maybe the middle ages. Due to fortunate circumstances. You claim to still have them, because you're a proud Hindu nationalist and can't stand the truth, that your nation was raped, destroyed and now has to catch up. That's why speak of metaphysics, of advances you have in some invisible realm, that the monkey-people of the world can't see. That's why you became a racist.

[quote]Sure, the great siddhis. Fairy tales, my friend, a straw you try to hold onto. You dad mapped out the quantum level of reality. In meditation.
Do you know one of the worlds most renowned philosopher of science, physicists and author of "Tao of physics" Fritz Capra writes in his book of seeing atoms dance in and out of existence, which he describes as "the dance of Shiva"[/quote]Great. A good book, I think I once read parts of it. Point?

The reason you ridicule meditation as a valid scientific method is because you are backwards - you don't understand that meditation can penetrate deep into the nature of reality - because you are still believing in flat-earth-like theories that you live in a physical world - despite the fact that quantum physics has long put that to rest.
Honey, meditation is not valid scientific method. Experiences in meditation are individual subjective experiences that have no effect on anything but the one who is meditating. They are not sharable, they cannot be reproduced. For example will Capra have witnessed dancing atoms, because he is a phsyicist and that's how his mind depicts stuff. I meditate frequently myself and I know of interesting effects too. But they have no effect outside myself, particularly do they not create any Siddhis. Siddhis are candy, you have none, you never met one who has any and you never will. They're as much a myth to you as they are to me, but since you're a boy of faith and I'm a man of science, you're a Bhakti and I'm a Jnani, to you they're as real as Mataji is the holy ghost to seeker33. I make a prediction, never forget it: If you wait for a guru that teleports into your room, you'll die waiting for one, cuz it's never gonna happen.

What I ridicule is your attempt to prove your people's superiority by invisible stuff like the siddhis and a "map of the quantum level of reality". These are - in my western monkey-mind - religious beliefs and have nothing to do with science. I'd agree that India is far ahead when it comes to religion, which I do not belittle or anything. The Indian religious system is indeed more advanced and diversified and has more to offer than western religions like Christianity.

Why did my dad have so much scientific knowledge without any machines or tools, such as Charaka describing 20 types of microrganisms and giving vivid descriptions of them - because my dad had discovered the master science of meditation. With meditation knowledge comes to you - rather than you going out there with your microscopes, telescopes and particle accelerators - but like I said you won't understand this - because your dad is backwards

Here is the truth, and I will tell you only once more, and if you still don't get it, I'll leave you to your own devices: Reality is a consciousness field. It is not matter, there is no such thing as matter, but rather it is your mind's sensory perception of the field that causes the field to appear as matter. Hence why it appears differently under different consciousness states. When you realise this, you will be able to penetrate deep into the field and gain control of all of reality.

My dad become a god, your dad is still a mortal
"My dad become a god": Is that the statement of

a) a primitive barbarian or
b) a reputable scientist?

What reality is, we discussed that already. My standpoint: I don't know. And you don't know either, you believe what your dad says. But that's not the point once more. The point is, that your allegedly advanced science has no outcome. No technology and as well nothing else to end suffering. Your brothers and sisters that live in your dad's house suffer. Your science is inivisible, your advancement is invisible. You come here and claim your science is superior and the west is far behind, but all you have are words. It's like I said "western science is superior" and would not post a picture of our large hadron collider, our Hubble space telescope or a robot that can solve a Rubik's cube.

What - the fun of fighting set aside - would you expect from me? You jumped on this thread with your claim that western science is worth squad and Indian science is ahead. Then you have: Nothing. Some pranic body map. Dancing atoms described by a meditating physicicst. In other words: You have nothing but words. What should I as a man of science make out of that? Should I think "oh, SD says his daddy became a god and they have mapped out the quantum level, obviously these guys really are ahead!"? How, SD, please respond, could I? Like you? by believing in some ancient scripture? But that's not science, dude. We have ancient scriptures that say all sorts of things.

Hard facts please. Technology please. Something to see and touch, something to use. Not stories about magic powers, noone has ever seen. Can we have such? No we can't.

[quote]Some of which more or less resemble modern western scientific findings, which makes you freak out like it was some ancient Indian Soma-drinker who formulated the wave-function.

Do you even know the one who formulated the wave function and wave mechanics was a self-professed Hindu ;)[/quote]Same method all the time. Dude, Schr?dinger was not a Hindu. He was interested in Hinduism. He did not convert to Hinduism. And it was not an ancient Indian Soma-drinker who formulated the wave-function. Not. The wave-function was formulated by an evil western scientist, embedded in the scientific frame of western science, working with other western scientist, based on the works of western scientist. Hundreds of them. If some of those hundreds of western scientist had an interest in Hinduism, that does not make all findings of western science Hinduistic. :wink:

Do you know the Schrodinger's cat is a Hindu paradox formulated by Samkhya? Do you know Schrodinger solution to his wave mechanics was Vedanta?
No, can you provide some source for that?

[quote]You're cute. There was a man from India involved in the production of one specific microchip, and bam, the microchip was invented by Indians. A man from India was involved with investigating radio-waves, and bam, wireless communication was invented by Indians.

No dear, my point was that that the modern technologies you falsely attribute to your dad, are not all by your dad - but have contributions from many dads.[/quote]Notice the repetition of "that that". It indicates that the writer had to take a break and think long about about what he actually wants to say. "My point was that...." and then he thinks 'hm, what can I write to refute what my opponent just said, even though that's correct..?' and then he's like 'haha! I found something!' and then continues "...that the modern technologies you falsely attribute to your dad.."

I don't falsly attribute technologies to my dad. You do that. You said your dad invented the microchip and wireless communications. Who invented the microchip, SD? Who invented the radio, SD? Who? Were it Indian scientist? No SD. Were it western scientist? Yes SD.

And to repeat it again: This is in response to your claim, western scientist have achieved nothing. Yes they did, SD. You see, we are not the brainless monkey-people you declare us. We're smart too. Your racist theory is bullshit, SD.

[quote]I'd guess the world would've found out how to count by itself one day. As I had noted: Things like basic logic, math, philosophy is not invented. It's found. Most of what you have is "we found it first". And then there were contacts between your culture and others, and bam, all of the other cultures found and developed is all nothing but the result of such contact. That's friggin hilarious.

No dear, it is invented.[/quote]No honey, it is discovered, not invented.

Is there any natural object called logic, math, philosophy?
Of course there is. The universe has universal laws, you know.

I can discover a land like say America, but if I come up with an idea I have not discovered it, but invented it. The mind invents logic, math and philosophy, it does not discover them.
Nonsense.

What makes you think the zero would ever have been independently developed by you?
I already told you: If you have 5 apples and take 5 away, how many apples do you have? No apples. What number of apples is that? Hey, let's call it zero.

Quite simple.

Your first reaction to the zero was that it was a heresy, evil, demonic. You did not develop the zero because you did not have the same abstract mind like we did - you could not conceive of such grande ideas like zero and infinite are one and same or that microcosm is the macrocosm. You lacked the development of an abstract and philosophical mind. Your approach had always been indulgence in the material world and empirical outlook to maximise your pleasure of it. We on the other hand, realised that it was the senses that were the cause of out suffering and our embodient, preventing us from realising the true happiness in the ideal world within us. We went inwards, and you like the animals remained outwards.
You're a racist.

The answer is very simple why the Aborgines did not develop science, literature etc, because their mindset was not geared that way from the beginning. We Indians developed philosophy because our mindset was geared towards that- we after all have a religion whose scriptures are called the books of knowledge. We worship knowledge as a goddess. It is because of these noble beginnings we had a noble civilisation.

On the other hand, your civilisation had barbaric beginnings, so your dad became a babarian :wink:
You're a racist.

Your mindset is asura. We just want to destroy your mindset and replace it with a dharmic mindset. We have nothing against your brothers and sisters. We want you to be holy beings like we are :wink:
What is wrong with my mindset, SD? I have not conquered any land, I have not stolen anything from anybody, I don't feel superior to anybody, I don't want to hold anybody down, I don't want to deny anybody the recognition they deserve, I want peace, I want to and do share my wealth. What about me do you want to change, you damn racist? Do you want me to hate the good my people have done, to deny the achievments of western scientist, do you want me to call anyone and anybody in the west a demon, a devil, a stupid monkey-brain that can't do anything but stab holy people in the back? Do you want me to hate my brothers, sisters, my mother and father, my wife and my son? Why would I? They did nothing wrong.

What do you want to change about my mindset, you damn racist?