What is Enlightenment?

It is very apparent I am talking to somebody who lacks in knowledge of science and philosophy of science(amongst other things :wink: )

Noone ever denied that Indians accomplished stuff. But they neither have an equivalent of the periodic table of elements

So you think all cultures in the universe(let us assume intelligent human like life on other planets for the sake of argument) would have a periodic table?
You are more ignorant than I thought. Classification systems are arbitrary systems that humans create and everybody classifies differently. Pluto was one time called a planet, then it was downgraded from being a planet. The notion of “planet” is an arbitrary criteria.

We had our own classification system where we divided the elements that make up the universe according to perception. There are 5 major senses organs through which we receive empirical data: eyes, nose, tongue, ears and the skin. This means there are only 5 categories of elements.

The elements which we receive through the eyes is tejas or light. It is made of particles called photons. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross: 7 colours of the spectrum of light, heat, fire.

The element which we receive through the nose is pritvhi or solid. It is made up of solid particles. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross:Solid Particles, earth, rocks, minerals, metals, materials.

The element which receive through the tongue is apas liquid. It is made up of fluidic particles in motion. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross: kinetic energy, water, oil, gasses

The element which we receive through the the ears is vibration or akasha. It is non-atomic and pure vibration. The subcategory of matte subtle to gross: is low frequency vibration, normal range frequency vibration, high frequency vibration.

The element which we receive through the skin is force or vayu - It is made up of force atoms. The subcategory of matter ranging from subtle to gross: subtle forces like prana, gravity, wind.

This is how we classify matter. Now you want to compare the classification systems my dear? Gladly.

Periodic table only considers solid matter, liquids and gasses as atomic elements. But what about other stuff that exists like gravity and light. Are they not atomic elements? We certainly know that that light is made out of photons, and we strongly suspect gravity is made out of gravitons. Therefore they are atomic elements too - but where do they fit in the periodic table?

The periodic table was created at a time we were unaware of subatomic particles. Today we know for a fact in particle physics that the atomic elements are not elements and have discovered dozens of finer atoms. So the periodic table is wrong :wink: We knew from the start about these subatomic particles. We said that atoms aggregate first in pairs, then pairs intro triplets and so on until there is a visible atom.

Moreover, if you are familiar with latest physics the old chemical classification system is no longer used. We now use a 4 element system we call fundamental forces which make up the entire universe:

Nuclear strong
Nuclear weak
Electromagnetic
Gravity

We had the 5 element classification system before you did. You now recognise 4 fundamental forces which correspond quite neatly to our elements(pritvhi - nuclear strong; apas - nuclear weak; tejas - electromagnetic; vayu - gravity) Finally, you now even recognise our 5th element of akasha: quantum field/zero point energy field.

Now only this you recognise the exact order in which we say matterr appears: vayu, tejas, apas, pritvhi. First as virtual quanta in the zero point energy. Then manifesting as the fundamental forces. Then as photons. Then as subatomic particles. Then as solid atoms.

But like I said you are backwards. We can tell you about the matter even before the quantum which are you yet to understand and may yet take a few centuries to :wink:

Prior to the quantum is the sensory qualia known as tanmatra, the units that construct perception. Prior to the tanmatra is the pure information as cognized in the mind where everything exists as thought. Prior to the thought is the the intention where matter exists as a pure process. Finally, prior to this is is pure consciousness - emanating from absolute vibration.

There are in total 7*7 vibrational densities of matter, with each phase change as we descend from absolute vibration, matter becomes more and more dense.
What do you know in string theory there is an absolute matter called a superstring from which all matter arises and with each phase change there is a different vibrational density. There are, surprise surprise 7 additional dimensions to make up a 10 dimensional universe.

Face it, your science is pretty much confirming everything we have told you. You are backwards. We excell you in science like you could not even imagine :wink:

You start listing stuff that was found in India. My god… So pathetic. Honeybunney, one more time:

NOONE DENIES YOUR DADDY WAS SMART AND FOUND OUT STUFF!!!

You’re the damn racist here.

I am not saying anything racist here. I am proving my point that prior to the 18th century your dad was backwards in all areas be it science, technology, economy, production, art, language, philosophy - in everything he was backwards. I mean come in your past people use to entertain themselves by going to colliseums and watching blood baths or live executions.

I admit that after the 18th century your dad leaped ahead of my dad in technology(albeit, by first stealing his technologies and then destroying his country so my dad could not progress anymore) but not science. You really don’t understand this difference between science and technology. It actually hurts your brain to conceive that they are different, doesn’t it :wink:

Science is an epistemology - do you know what means? It means science is the study of knowledge, the construction of knowledge and how to obtain knowledge.

Your dad’s epistemology is empiricism and hypothetical-deductivtism where knowledge is obtained by measuring physical things. Now you got the measurements, but what does it mean? In order to understand this you construct theories, mathematical models. Now a theory is never actual proof, even if the theory passes several trials succesfully, there always comes a point when contradictory data comes along which results in its falsification. This means scientific progress progresses at a snails pace as a theory come along and becomes dominant, and then all of a sudden we realise it is wrong, and have to rethink the matter.

This method of trial and error is slow painstreaking.

My dad’s epistemology is rationalism and he uses inductive-deductive logic where knowledge is obtained by first making an observation from a fact, and then and analysing it logically, and following that chain of logic to make discoveries about how reality works and unseen phenomena in the universe simply based on one measurement. All you must demonstrate is the relationship of pervasion between the major and the minor term, such that it is impossible that there is no other logical outcome e.g., there is fire on the moutain, because there is smoke on the moutain, wherever there is smoke there is fire such as when burning wood. Here too there is smoke. Therefore there is fire(this is known as ordinary seen to unseen reasoning where both objects are known to be existent)

Want to learn more? Pick up a book on Nyaya(Indian logic) but be careful if are having trouble understanding basic concepts in philosophy of science like the distinction between science and technology, you will find it heavy stuff… Even professors of Western logic read it and struggle with it, because it is highly technical.

Why did Vaiseshika get every one of its theories on sound, mechanics, thermodynamics, atoms correct, despite doing a single experiment? Simple, the inductive-deductive method of logic woks.

My dad method is vastly superior to your dad’s. If you can follow logic, you can from a single observation map out the entire nature of reality from the most subtle to the most gross. You can do this in a matter of minutes(hey we invented Vedic maths, we are known how to do things more quickly). Not a single experiment has to be conducted. No theories or models have to be produced.

We do have a special empirical method of validation though from what we discover through logic. It is called meditation :wink: Logic says there are atoms, and then we actually see the spritely little things whizzing about in and out of existence in meditation.

That’s all you need to form a perfect science. But you won’t understand this - because you are backwards.

It’s not wrong, SD. Not. There are only “limits of validity”. That’s all. Really. For example if you have a distance of 100 km and you know you can travel with an average speed of 50 km per hour, you can calculate with a Newtonian formula, that it will take you two hours to get there. That’s not wrong. It correct. It get’s wrong if you travel lightyears at a speed near that of light, wich would be something like for example 250,000 km per second. Then you need relativistic mechanics.

That is the case and there is no debating this.

Oh dear, I could just imagine you in that class. My professor would have had a field day with you. Anyway, it’s ok such complex concepts(though to me is straight forward now, but initially I was like you) are not easy to grasp.
Let us look at your example: If you travel a distance of 100km at 50kmph you will get there in 2 hours. Correct?

Now imagine a scenorio where you have a 100km road that is at high altitude say 100m above the ground but identical to one on the ground level. Imagine that both cars start at exactly the same time and travel at exactly the same speed. They both arrive at the 2 hour mark. Have they both arrived at the same time?

To the onlooker it would seem so, but if we placed an atomic clock in the cars we would found that the one above has experienced a fraction of more time, than the one below. This is because they are both in different frames of reference and time is passing differently in each frame of reference.In a similar case if we send somebody to a high gravitational source such as a blackhole or star for a day(lets assume they live and have a spaceship that travels at instant speed) When they return to earth they will find that several days have passed on earth.

Now the relativistic effects became very apparent.

Newton had no understanding of frames of reference, time being a dimension of its own and time flowing differently in different frames of reference. He knew nothing about matter being condensed light, how energy is converted to matter at the speed of light, how intense energy caused gravity wells and how gravity was nothing more than a curvature in space-time.

General relativity is a completely different paradigm of physics. It was so different that originally physicists rejected it and called it nonsense.
Newtonian physics models the universe as a clockwork mechanism, made out of solid, rigid parts that only operate when forces act on them. He saw forces as real entities and saw space and time as both absolute.

Finally, quantum physics is completely different to both of them. At least Newtonian physics and relativity work with a real world, quantum physics denies the world altogether. It uses statistical probability analysis to analyse events happening in reality. It does not work with a real world, but a world of pure probability with no definite physical laws.

I am sorry if you cannot see that these are completely different paradigms then I strongly have to question your intelligence now(okay… more strongly than before) It is widely accepted fact in philosophy of science today that science works with paradigms, which come and go. Science does not grow in a linear way.

Sure. I wouldn’t understand why a culture that has great knowledge has it’s people suffer. Would have the means to create technology to make their lives better, but doesn’t. Could create means of self-defense from evil demonic monkey-barbarians, but prefers to let them take over and rape the lands. And then spends hours of productivity to whine about all that. That makes no sense in my book.

But our people did not suffer dear. They lived a good quality of live and lived in an economy that was the richest in the world up until the 18th century. They had healthcare, sanitation, education and of course Yoga :wink:

Particularly not, when they actually did develop technology.

Yes, practical technology that helped us do practical things. We maintained a humble and practical effort in technology. What was the the need for the steam engine, motors, electronics? You had a need because you wanted to massproduce because you were motivated by greed for materials and you had no ethical problem in raping the resources of the earth and polluting her. We were fine with the technology we had because it more than met our needs.

Having scientific knowledge does not mean that one will be masters in technology. Technology needs a predeliction to materialism, we were not interested in materials, but in philosophy, science, mathematics, spirituality. We had an abstract and philosophical mind that was simply not geared to technology.

You are never going to understand the very basic concept that different cultures have different mindsets. Yours was empirical and technological, ours was rational and scientific. We worked with abstract things, you worked with material things.

But obviously you did not end human suffering. Totally not. So your science is worthless, my friend. And in fact, it’s not even science. It’s religion. Faith.

I beg to differ, and many others will beg to differ. We created Yoga to end humans spiritual suffering. We created Ayurveda to ends the humans physical suffering. We created the six systems of philosophy to end the humans mental suffering.

You are forgetting we were the richest country in the world for most of the world history. We were obviously doing something right.

Aww, that’s great. Amazing discoveries you made. Where are they? What results from them? I see nothing. Millions of people in India have a buck per day to live of. How is that amazing?

Millions of people in India just recently got independence in 1947, after 250 years of becoming bled to death and impoverished by the British.

The discoveries we made are all being confirmed by science today. You are doing our Yoga, don’t forget that :wink:

You know why “we are want in of Yoga”? Because it’s a great exercise. That’s it. If Yoga had not those gymnastics, Yoga would be nowhere in the West. Noone would be interested. I guess for 90+% of the people who do “Yoga”, Yoga is nothing but gymnastics. What makes Yoga big, is the effect the gymnastics have on the body. And it’s just one type of physical exercises of many, other people do bodybuilding or Kung Fu or go jogging, spinning, curling, swimming. Yoga in the West and in India is watered down beyond recognition and hardly used for the purpose layed out in the Yoga Sutras. Aren’t you whining about that all the time as well?!

In that case why is gymnastics, jogging, spinning, curling and swimming not a multi billion dollar business with a craze of tens of millions worldwide? In that case why do Christians not just take up gymnastics, rather than beating themselves up on whether they are sinning by doing Yoga and fighting with their churches for the right to do it.

Obviously our product Yoga works, and works exceeding well. Otherwise why would somebody as spiritually backwards as you be doing it. Why not just take up gymnastics :wink:

Yoga is our product, based on 10,000 years of research and development from our tradition based on our epistemology and scientiic method and our theories and the work our scientists like Patanjali. And you’re using it :wink: If I tell you to drop it and take up gymnastics - you won’t. You need our superior science to make yourself better(you need a LOT of it)

Honey, meditation is not valid scientific method. Experiences in meditation are individual subjective experiences that have no effect on anything but the one who is meditating. They are not sharable, they cannot be reproduced.

Really, Fritjof Capra and other philosophers of science and physicists today disagree. Meditation is a very valid science and is actually used as science today in transpersonal psychology in a field known as mental phenomenology.
I know I am talking to an ignoramus here, but you are actually woefully ignorant about science that it hurts :smiley:

Capra shows in meditation one does a controlled observation of their mind by using the following variables: you fix your body down so that there are no significant movements. You maintain your natural breath. You close your eyes and then give your mind a focal point and maintain focus on it. Consciousnes researchers then gather data. They have found that while the content of the mind is subjective, the structures of consciousness and the states of consciousness are not. It is now shown through even strong empirical data the brainwave changes and changes in neurological activity during meditation can be measured and graped. That one can tell even from the monitor which state the subject has entered. In addition the supernormal abilities of yogis that become active during meditation have also been studied.

About 100 years of research in out of body experiences, psychic abilities, past life memories has proven without a shadow of doubt they are real. Recently studies have more provided so much proof that skeptics in the scientific community are dwindling in numbers.

Not only are you in general backwards in your understanding of science, but you are backwards in the knowledge of your own science. You still live in 200 year old Newtonian world. Come at least come to the level of quantum. Then we’ll take to the final level of absolute.

I’m a Jnani

HAHA

Same method all the time. Dude, Schr?dinger was not a Hindu. He was interested in Hinduism. He did not convert to Hinduism.

Nope, he was actually Hindu. There is no formal conversion process in Hinduism, you either identify with it and believe its tenets, or you do not. Schrodinger believed in the all pervading universal self and the world of multiplicity to be illusion, he kept a copy of the Gita and read it religiously, he called his cat “Atman” and he dedicated a chapters to Vedanta in his autobiography. He even called himself a Jnanai. He was Hindu. Sorry if it hurts your pride that the father of quantum mechanics was a Hindu :smiley:

The father of the Pentium chip was a Hindu too. And the father of wireless communcations :wink: The father of medicine is a Hindu. The father of linguistics is a Hindu…

Damn, even the founder of hotmail is a Hindu :stuck_out_tongue:

No, can you provide some source for that?

Read his biography by Walter Moore. Walter Moore admits that quantum mechanics was a direct result of his involvement with Hindu philosophy. He also admits that Schodingers cat in the paradox is a Samkhya problem.

Notice the repetition of “that that”.

You talk a lot of BS Mr-dancing-is-banned in India. You should stop jumping to conclusions and embarrasing yourself.

Of course there is. The universe has universal laws, you know.

Then tell me through which sense do you get this data from :wink:

I already told you: If you have 5 apples and take 5 away, how many apples do you have? No apples. What number of apples is that? Hey, let’s call it zero.

And yet for thousands of years you could not invent the zero :wink: You are being a bit of a dunce, the zero does not just mean “nothing” it is used in the place value decimal system in order to count to huge numbers. The fact remains you did not invent this, rather you had a stupid and cumbersome roman numeral system, with which you could not even do simple calculations. We were dealing with numbers as large as 10^50 when you were struggling with the millions :wink:

What is wrong with my mindset, SD? I have not conquered any land, I have not stolen anything from anybody, I don’t feel superior to anybody, I don’t want to hold anybody down, I don’t want to deny anybody the recognition they deserve, I want peace, I want to and do share my wealth.

Here is what is wrong with your mindset. Your quote:

You claim to still have them, because you’re a proud Hindu nationalist and can’t stand the truth, that your nation was raped, destroyed and now has to catch up.

You take glee in the fact that my nation was raped and destroyed. You speak on behalf of Western civilisation and you are not even slightly apologetic about the evil your dad wrought on the planet, the extermination of Native Americans, aborgines, the slavery of the Africans and the plundering, looting and pillaging of Indians.

This IS exactly what is wrong your with your mindset. You are a backwards culture. You may have electronics, computers, particle accelerators - but still you don’t know how to use your intellect to reason properly and know nothing about your vast inner world and the higher dimensions of reality.

You can keep calling me racist but that will not prove I am racist. I have already made clear my problem is with your asura culture not your people. Your asura culture needs to go, for deva culture to prevail. Look at the world around you - your asura culture is responsible for it. Let the adults take care of this planet - not some new kids on the block who were nowhere before the 18th century.

Lets make this easy. If you review the debate you will find we actually have a general agreement on a few things

1. We Hindus were ahead in every area of civilisation up until the 18th century and you were behind us. In fact way behind us. We by far the richest nation on earth and had a 25% of the worlds industrial output.
  2. It is only and only when you invaded us, stole our technologies and looted and destroyed our country, dismanted our industries and bled us to death that you could rise to the top(Yes, be very proud of what your dad did)
  3. Today, it is indubitable that you are ahead of us in technology, economy, standard of living and we Indians are now playing catch up.

Now that we disagree on, but in which I have superior arguments :wink:

The Hindu mindset has historically from the very beginning been a philosophical, scientific and abstract one. From the very beginning in our Vedic civilisation we have been told knowledge is the highest virtue. We have been told to cultivate our intellect and know the nature of reality. In fact we even worship knowledge as the goddess Saraswati. So do not be surprised why science, mathematics and philosophy comes easy to the Hindu mind and why we have been the first to create them. Why the father of medicine, surgery, linguistics, physics, psychology, metaphysics, astronomy, logic are all Hindus(Heck, even today the father of the pentium chip, the father of wireless communications is a Hindu) Hence why we had the first universities, first hospitals, first urban and scientific culture.

This is why we excell in science. Science is our area. You are not ahead of us even today in science, and you would know this clearly if you were familiar with the emerging scientific worldview today. We knew about atoms, wave nature of sound, thermodynamics, cycles of expansion and contraction of the universe, the nature of the quantum and observer effects before you did - and there is still a lot we know that you are not even close to realising.

1. However, there is one area you have had mastery in from the very beginning that we have not: technology. Your mindset has always been a materialist and technologist one. Even as early as the Greeks you were building sophisticated machines, automatic doors and other cool toys. The Romans invented an automatic water dispenser. Your obsession with machinary lead to the printing press, mechanical clocks. It is not surprise that a mindset like yours would then develop the steam engine and finally the motor and engine. You always had a drive towards maximising your material wealth, increasing productivity and effiency.

Although we beat you in many production technologies originally such as producing high quality steel, zinc, dyes, textiles that is because we were a quality based culture, and you were a quantity based culture. You produced goods as well, but not as high quality as ours. This is why for more than milenia our goods were more in demand than yours on the international market(who wants cheap goods?) However, as soon as you could build factories and railways you were able to massproduce cheap goods and flood the international market, that by default yout economy exploded and you came exceedingly rich(it is more accurate to say individuals became rich at the expense of poor working class) and then enabled you to expand your technologies by doing more research. In no time you went from vacuum tubes to transistors to microchips. We never would have done this, because we would have found such stuff useless.

There is no racism here. This is simply one culture against the other. A scientific, philosophical and abstract culture vs a technological, materialist and hedonist culture.

Hi Surya Deva,

Lets make this easy.
lol I wonder why you wrote this additional post. You repeat what you spool of in any post anyway. And my friend: I still disagree with most of it. I do admit that India had a lot going on early, particularly earlier than for example Germans. We were indeed quite barbaric when Indians sat on their flush toilet. But I don’t admit that India is the father of everything, particularly not just because it had stuff first. Many things have been developed in other countries too, for example linguistics. Plato already had reflected about language. And even if linguistics in Greece came into existence a few hundred years later: What’s the big deal? What are a few hundred years? Nothing. How would Panini be “the father” of lingustic, how did his writing affect Greece linguists or lingustis of today? Greece was big with math, the fathers of math were the Babylonians and the Egyptians. Arabs were big in math too. The Mayans for example had the zero in 36 BC. Same counts for medicine, particularly the Huangdi Neijing was published ages before any mentioning of India. Even if you research the flush toilet:

circa 31st century BC: Britain’s oldest neolithic village, Skara Brae, Orkney used neolithic hydraulic technology.[2] The village’s design used a river and connecting drainage system to wash waste away.
circa 26th century BC: Flush toilets were first used in the Indus Valley Civilization. The cities of Harappa and Mohenjo-daro had a flush toilet in almost every house, attached to a sophisticated sewage system.[3] See also Hydraulic engineering of the Indus Valley Civilization.
Britain had it 500 years earlier, dude, they’re the fathers of the toilet. Astronomy, for example, was really big in the Mesoamerican cultures too. Highly important findings were made in Italy and Germany, long before your magical 18th century, Kepler died in 1630, Galilei in 1642.

You exeggerate a whole damn lot, and particularly you play the “we had it first” card to often in a way as if that means all others got that something from you then. So no, we don’t agree on any of your points but #3. 1 and 2 have to be differentiated a lot more. Looting India was helpful to the West, sure. But the key? I wouldn’t say that. It sped the West up, but to claim that the West got all science and technology from India: I had proven that wrong already with for example the periodic table. Physics did not come from India as well. Etc. etc.

This is why we excell in science. Science is our area. You are not ahead of us even today in science, and you would know this clearly if you were familiar with the emerging scientific worldview today. We knew about atoms, wave nature of sound, thermodynamics, cycles of expansion and contraction of the universe, the nature of the quantum and observer effects before you did - and there is still a lot we know that you are not even close to realising.
No no, you knew nothing. You had ideas and theories, speculations and considerations. That’s not “knowing” things. Also do you very quickly interpret stuff from ancient scriptures as being descriptions of modern findings, we had that discussions when you tried to prove Siddhis with quantum mechanics. Ain’t workin out.

Indians had a lot of ideas, with that I agree.

1. However, there is one area you have had mastery in from the very beginning that we have not: technology. Your mindset has always been a materialist and technologist one. Even as early as the Greeks you were building sophisticated machines, automatic doors and other cool toys. The Romans invented an automatic water dispenser. Your obsession with machinary lead to the printing press, mechanical clocks. It is not surprise that a mindset like yours would then develop the steam engine and finally the motor and engine. You always had a drive towards maximising your material wealth, increasing productivity and effiency.
    I see you did some research. Very good. And of course you have an explanation ready, that makes us look bad. It’s an “obsession”. Driven by greed. You damn racist.

Although we beat you in many production technologies originally such as producing high quality steel, zinc, dyes, textiles that is because we were a quality based culture, and you were a quantity based culture.
And again.

You produced goods as well, but not as high quality as ours.
And again.

This is why for more than milenia our goods were more in demand than yours on the international market(who wants cheap goods?)
And again.

However, as soon as you could build factories and railways you were able to massproduce cheap goods and flood the international market, that by default yout economy exploded and you came exceedingly rich(it is more accurate to say individuals became rich at the expense of poor working class) and then enabled you to expand your technologies by doing more research. In no time you went from vacuum tubes to transistors to microchips. We never would have done this, because we would have found such stuff useless.
But you just say so, my friend. This is like a lil kid that may not play with a neat toy and then says “I don’t want to anyways!” Do you think you typing in “we never would have done this” is of relevance? You did not built microchips and aircrafts and telecommunications, because you did not have the technology. Not because you didn’t “want to”.

There is no racism here. This is simply one culture against the other. A scientific, philosophical and abstract culture vs a technological, materialist and hedonist culture.
Sure it’s racism. You insist you had any technology first and are proud of it. When it’s crystal clear you don’t, you claim you never wanted to. You have, proud as a duck, pointed out several dozen times how filthy rich India was, with your historical GDP (whoever calculated that however). Once India got poor, awww, you never wanted to be rich anyways. It was more an accident or something.

Absurd.

Of course you were technological materialists. And who is not hedonistic? You think anyone buys that millions of people of some country are all intellectual aristocrates? That bullshit. Racist bullshit of a damn racist. And nothing else.

Onto the difficult post.

It is very apparent I am talking to somebody who lacks in knowledge of science and philosophy of science(amongst other things :wink: )
Sure, the old routine.

[quote]Noone ever denied that Indians accomplished stuff. But they neither have an equivalent of the periodic table of elements
So you think all cultures in the universe(let us assume intelligent human like life on other planets for the sake of argument) would have a periodic table?[/quote]Yes, I think that all cultures of the universe would come to find a periodic table or an equivalent. It must not look the same of course, but it must have the same meaning, information and function. If India had been isolated from the world, I’m sure it’d have come up with one sometime too. All scientific cultures would finally find out that there are a finite number of naturally occuring atoms that are elements with unique characteristics, and that these elements come in groups as depicted in the periodic table.

Your comparison:

You are more ignorant than I thought. Classification systems are arbitrary systems that humans create and everybody classifies differently. Pluto was one time called a planet, then it was downgraded from being a planet. The notion of “planet” is an arbitrary criteria.
Sure. But what you either don’t even understand or try to deny is, that the periodic table of elements is not an arbitrary system. The notion “planet” is, because it depends on the size, which can be chosen. What about a chemical element is arbitrary? Nothing. There are the same few dozen elements anywhere in the universe, with the same characteristics and the same relationshsips between each others.

We had our own classification system where we divided the elements that make up the universe according to perception.

There are 5 major senses organs through which we receive empirical data: eyes, nose, tongue, ears and the skin. This means there are only 5 categories of elements.

The elements which we receive through the eyes is tejas or light. It is made of particles called photons. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross: 7 colours of the spectrum of light, heat, fire.

The element which we receive through the nose is pritvhi or solid. It is made up of solid particles. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross:Solid Particles, earth, rocks, minerals, metals, materials.

The element which receive through the tongue is apas liquid. It is made up of fluidic particles in motion. The sub category of matter in this category ranging from subtle to gross: kinetic energy, water, oil, gasses

The element which we receive through the the ears is vibration or akasha. It is non-atomic and pure vibration. The subcategory of matte subtle to gross: is low frequency vibration, normal range frequency vibration, high frequency vibration.

The element which we receive through the skin is force or vayu - It is made up of force atoms. The subcategory of matter ranging from subtle to gross: subtle forces like prana, gravity, wind.

This is how we classify matter. Now you want to compare the classification systems my dear? Gladly.
Intersting. Yet: What’s there to compare? You have nothing that compares to the periodic table of elements. That’s my point, SD. You have it not. And western science is not limited to the periodic table, my rethorical friend. We also know about energy, we know about forces, and since we have ears, SD, we know about sound. All that is included in western sciences and described there. Does Indian science have a description of all elements? No-ho! You’re not gods, SD, sorry.

Periodic table only considers solid matter, liquids and gasses as atomic elements.
Dude, don’t you know what an element is.

But what about other stuff that exists like gravity and light.
Other stuff is considered in other tables.

Are they not atomic elements?
What’s an atomic element…? Light and gravity are not chemical elements, if that’s what you mean. So? We know of light, in the west, Surya Deva. Seriously. We saw it too. It’s bright. And not an element.

We certainly know that that light is made out of photons, and we strongly suspect gravity is made out of gravitons. Therefore they are atomic elements too - but where do they fit in the periodic table?
No dude, these aren’t chemical elements. That’s why they don’t go into the periodic table.

The periodic table was created at a time we were unaware of subatomic particles. Today we know for a fact in particle physics that the atomic elements are not elements and have discovered dozens of finer atoms. So the periodic table is wrong :wink:
What’s wrong about it? Are there no elements? :wink: You’re being shamelessly hilarious.

We knew from the start about these subatomic particles. We said that atoms aggregate first in pairs, then pairs intro triplets and so on until there is a visible atom.
No, you didn’t know that from the start. I guess you have some sort of scripture that says something cryptic that can be interpreted like it was about subatomic particles. A method you apply here too:

Moreover, if you are familiar with latest physics the old chemical classification system is no longer used. We now use a 4 element system we call fundamental forces which make up the entire universe:

Nuclear strong
Nuclear weak
Electromagnetic
Gravity
These aren’t elements, these are forces. Any element contains/needs all those forces. All forces are involved with any chemical element.

We had the 5 element classification system before you did.
No dude, we always had five senses too. :wink: And we do not have a 5 element classification system. We have one with four forces, though. And a periodic table of elements. Both India has: No-ho-t!

You now recognise 4 fundamental forces which correspond quite neatly to our elements(pritvhi - nuclear strong; apas - nuclear weak; tejas - electromagnetic; vayu - gravity) Finally, you now even recognise our 5th element of akasha: quantum field/zero point energy field.

Now only this you recognise the exact order in which we say matterr appears: vayu, tejas, apas, pritvhi. First as virtual quanta in the zero point energy. Then manifesting as the fundamental forces. Then as photons. Then as subatomic particles. Then as solid atoms.

But like I said you are backwards. We can tell you about the matter even before the quantum which are you yet to understand and may yet take a few centuries to :wink:
No my friend, I do understand what you’re telling me. It works like this: You have a system that is based on the five senses of human beings. So you have five simple categories of physical phenomenae. And now there is modern western science and you try to align your ancient system with modern science, to make your ancient and primitive system apear as if it was that modern finding, so you can say, India was there earlier and Indians are godlike beings. So you look for something that has five categories too. But there is nothing, unfortunately, so you take the four forces and add a quantum field. And then you say: Look, we had this first.

You know who buys such stuff? People who have no knowledge. There is noone around who has knowledge of science, of physics and chemistry, who buys this. Noone. Ok ok, maybe fanatic Hindu nationalists who (allegedly) reject anything western. :wink:

But tell me: What force exactly corresponds with sound? You say the electromagnetic forces. Sound is not at all the electromagnetic forces. It’s mechanical waves, not electromagnetism. Also, all four forces western science found are contained in any chemical element. In any drop of water you have all four forces, in any piece of metal or stone you have all four forces.

Your attempt to claim India had something even better than the periodic table of elements is’s nonsense and the claim that India’s sensory-system of classificiation would be the equivalent to the four forces western science found is nonsense. And you’re as usual: Hilarious. :wink:

Prior to the quantum is the sensory qualia known as tanmatra, the units that construct perception.
I wonder what units construct your brain…

Prior to the tanmatra is the pure information as cognized in the mind where everything exists as thought. Prior to the thought is the the intention where matter exists as a pure process. Finally, prior to this is is pure consciousness - emanating from absolute vibration.

There are in total 7*7 vibrational densities of matter, with each phase change as we descend from absolute vibration, matter becomes more and more dense.
What do you know in string theory there is an absolute matter called a superstring from which all matter arises and with each phase change there is a different vibrational density. There are, surprise surprise 7 additional dimensions to make up a 10 dimensional universe.

Face it, your science is pretty much confirming everything we have told you. You are backwards. We excell you in science like you could not even imagine :wink:

[quote]You start listing stuff that was found in India. My god… So pathetic. Honeybunney, one more time:

NOONE DENIES YOUR DADDY WAS SMART AND FOUND OUT STUFF!!!

You’re the damn racist here.

I am not saying anything racist here. I am proving my point that prior to the 18th century your dad was backwards in all areas be it science, technology, economy, production, art, language, philosophy - in everything he was backwards. I mean come in your past people use to entertain themselves by going to colliseums and watching blood baths or live executions.

I admit that after the 18th century your dad leaped ahead of my dad in technology(albeit, by first stealing his technologies and then destroying his country so my dad could not progress anymore) but not science. You really don’t understand this difference between science and technology. It actually hurts your brain to conceive that they are different, doesn’t it :wink:

Science is an epistemology - do you know what means? It means science is the study of knowledge, the construction of knowledge and how to obtain knowledge.

Your dad’s epistemology is empiricism and hypothetical-deductivtism where knowledge is obtained by measuring physical things. Now you got the measurements, but what does it mean? In order to understand this you construct theories, mathematical models. Now a theory is never actual proof, even if the theory passes several trials succesfully, there always comes a point when contradictory data comes along which results in its falsification. This means scientific progress progresses at a snails pace as a theory come along and becomes dominant, and then all of a sudden we realise it is wrong, and have to rethink the matter.

This method of trial and error is slow painstreaking.

My dad’s epistemology is rationalism and he uses inductive-deductive logic where knowledge is obtained by first making an observation from a fact, and then and analysing it logically, and following that chain of logic to make discoveries about how reality works and unseen phenomena in the universe simply based on one measurement. All you must demonstrate is the relationship of pervasion between the major and the minor term, such that it is impossible that there is no other logical outcome e.g., there is fire on the moutain, because there is smoke on the moutain, wherever there is smoke there is fire such as when burning wood. Here too there is smoke. Therefore there is fire(this is known as ordinary seen to unseen reasoning where both objects are known to be existent)

Want to learn more? Pick up a book on Nyaya(Indian logic) but be careful if are having trouble understanding basic concepts in philosophy of science like the distinction between science and technology, you will find it heavy stuff… Even professors of Western logic read it and struggle with it, because it is highly technical.

Why did Vaiseshika get every one of its theories on sound, mechanics, thermodynamics, atoms correct, despite doing a single experiment? Simple, the inductive-deductive method of logic woks.

My dad method is vastly superior to your dad’s. If you can follow logic, you can from a single observation map out the entire nature of reality from the most subtle to the most gross. You can do this in a matter of minutes(hey we invented Vedic maths, we are known how to do things more quickly). Not a single experiment has to be conducted. No theories or models have to be produced.

We do have a special empirical method of validation though from what we discover through logic. It is called meditation :wink: Logic says there are atoms, and then we actually see the spritely little things whizzing about in and out of existence in meditation.

That’s all you need to form a perfect science. But you won’t understand this - because you are backwards.[/quote]Sure. You got the perfect science. :wink: You verify your theory via meditation. :wink: What’s your science good for? What does it do? Nothing. :wink: The science that does do something? How does that work? Like any science. :wink:

[quote]It’s not wrong, SD. Not. There are only “limits of validity”. That’s all. Really. For example if you have a distance of 100 km and you know you can travel with an average speed of 50 km per hour, you can calculate with a Newtonian formula, that it will take you two hours to get there. That’s not wrong. It correct. It get’s wrong if you travel lightyears at a speed near that of light, wich would be something like for example 250,000 km per second. Then you need relativistic mechanics.

That is the case and there is no debating this.

Oh dear, I could just imagine you in that class. My professor would have had a field day with you. Anyway, it’s ok such complex concepts(though to me is straight forward now, but initially I was like you) are not easy to grasp.[/quote]Wow ure so superior and explain the theory of relativity now!!!1!1! :wink:

Let us look at your example: If you travel a distance of 100km at 50kmph you will get there in 2 hours. Correct?
According to you: No. But in reality: Yes.

Now imagine a scenorio where you have a 100km road that is at high altitude say 100m above the ground but identical to one on the ground level. Imagine that both cars start at exactly the same time and travel at exactly the same speed. They both arrive at the 2 hour mark. Have they both arrived at the same time?
That’s a different question; and trust me, I’m familiar with the special theory of relativity and the phenomenon of time-dilation.

To the onlooker it would seem so, but if we placed an atomic clock in the cars we would found that the one above has experienced a fraction of more time, than the one below. This is because they are both in different frames of reference and time is passing differently in each frame of reference.In a similar case if we send somebody to a high gravitational source such as a blackhole or star for a day(lets assume they live and have a spaceship that travels at instant speed) When they return to earth they will find that several days have passed on earth.

Now the relativistic effects became very apparent.
Did I not note that? Let me look… Here:

It’s not wrong, SD. Not. There are only “limits of validity”. That’s all. Really. For example if you have a distance of 100 km and you know you can travel with an average speed of 50 km per hour, you can calculate with a Newtonian formula, that it will take you two hours to get there. That’s not wrong. It correct. It get’s wrong if you travel lightyears at a speed near that of light, wich would be something like for example 250,000 km per second. Then you need relativistic mechanics.
Now what about those two cars, SD. If they had to drive 100km, no matter where, and they would drive at an average speed of 50km/h: Do they both need two hours to get to their target? SD: Yes. They both need two hours. Newtonian physics is correct.

And there is no debating this.

Newton had no understanding of frames of reference, time being a dimension of its own and time flowing differently in different frames of reference. He knew nothing about matter being condensed light, how energy is converted to matter at the speed of light, how intense energy caused gravity wells and how gravity was nothing more than a curvature in space-time.
That’s true. Still there are only “limits of validity”, which I had noted. :wink:

General relativity is a completely different paradigm of physics. It was so different that originally physicists rejected it and called it nonsense.
Newtonian physics models the universe as a clockwork mechanism, made out of solid, rigid parts that only operate when forces act on them. He saw forces as real entities and saw space and time as both absolute.

Finally, quantum physics is completely different to both of them. At least Newtonian physics and relativity work with a real world, quantum physics denies the world altogether. It uses statistical probability analysis to analyse events happening in reality. It does not work with a real world, but a world of pure probability with no definite physical laws.

I am sorry if you cannot see that these are completely different paradigms then I strongly have to question your intelligence now(okay… more strongly than before) It is widely accepted fact in philosophy of science today that science works with paradigms, which come and go. Science does not grow in a linear way.
I’m intelligent enough to know that I don’t understand quantum mechanics. I know what the effects and conclusions are, though. I can repeat that like I can repeat a phonenumber I learned. I understand classic physics and the basics of the theory of relativity. I don’t deny that scientific theories come and go, and I know why you talk this stuff: To evade evade evade, to suggest I would say something that is wrong. Which even might happen, but you haven’t found anything in this thread. Maybe you should bring up Mr. Dancing-is-banned-in-India again. :wink:

Western science was developed by westerners. Largely. Western science is no loot from India. Western science leads to technology, it’s verifiable by anybody. Indian science? Way backwards, which is surely due to India having been conquered by all sorts of other cultures. Which is very bad. Evil too. Not good. Sad, and regretable. Yet, it’s the case. My friend.

[quote]Sure. I wouldn’t understand why a culture that has great knowledge has it’s people suffer. Would have the means to create technology to make their lives better, but doesn’t. Could create means of self-defense from evil demonic monkey-barbarians, but prefers to let them take over and rape the lands. And then spends hours of productivity to whine about all that. That makes no sense in my book.

But our people did not suffer dear. They lived a good quality of live and lived in an economy that was the richest in the world up until the 18th century. They had healthcare, sanitation, education and of course Yoga ;)[/quote]I see… I am talking with the very definition of ignorance, right? What about this? Paragraph 1 of post 1:

Hindus are one of the most persecuted people in history, alongside the Jews. However, the history of persecution of Hindus is relatively recent, beginning around 7AD when the first Islamic invasions started. The Muslims were brutal with the Hindus, waging war after war, sacking every Hindu city, temples and place of learnings(building mosques using the rubble) and killing Hindus almost like a sport. Hindus have lost tens of thousands of temples, libraries, univeristies and other places of Hindu learning due to this onslaughts. Hundreds of thousands of Hindus were killed on the spot on many occasions. The Muslims hated the Hindus, calling them filth, pollution, idolaters, enemies of god, and routinely killed, maimed, raped, molested Hindus, treating them like third class citizens in their own country. It is estimated the population of Hindus went down by 80 million during Muslim rule.
Noting this, you give me a “;)”.

Unbelievable.

[quote]Particularly not, when they actually did develop technology.

Yes, practical technology that helped us do practical things. We maintained a humble and practical effort in technology. What was the the need for the steam engine, motors, electronics? You had a need because you wanted to massproduce because you were motivated by greed for materials and you had no ethical problem in raping the resources of the earth and polluting her. We were fine with the technology we had because it more than met our needs.

Having scientific knowledge does not mean that one will be masters in technology. Technology needs a predeliction to materialism, we were not interested in materials, but in philosophy, science, mathematics, spirituality. We had an abstract and philosophical mind that was simply not geared to technology.

You are never going to understand the very basic concept that different cultures have different mindsets. Yours was empirical and technological, ours was rational and scientific. We worked with abstract things, you worked with material things.[/quote]I’m not buying it. You know why? Because of what you’ve deleted:

One, my friend, that is on exactly the level of science that is not somewhat metaphysically invisible, like your out-mapping of pranic bodies in meditation, but on that of a science we can actually see. The ancient Indian science we can actually see is on exeactly the same level as the ancient Indian technology we can actually see. You just claim there would be more science, and when I ask: Where is it? Where is the corresponding technology? you speak of maps of the pranic body. And fairy tales alike.
You had exactly the technology one would expect from a culture that has the science that we can actually see in ancient India. That technology you have.

And then you claim you had more science than we can see. You claim you have some secret science, some science we as westerners can’t understand, that is beyond our simple monkey-minds. That’s nothing but bullshit, SD. Noone buys it. You are people like we all are. If you could have built a telephone to talk long distances: You would’ve. If you could’ve built a car to transport yourselves over long distances at fast speed, you would’ve. If you could’ve built a spaceship, you would’ve. If you could’ve built a telescope like the Hubble space telescope: You would’ve. But you could not. And because you’re a fanatic, you claim that you indeed could’ve, but you did not want to. No no, you were humble and all.

Absurd.

[quote]But obviously you did not end human suffering. Totally not. So your science is worthless, my friend. And in fact, it’s not even science. It’s religion. Faith.

I beg to differ, and many others will beg to differ. We created Yoga to end humans spiritual suffering. We created Ayurveda to ends the humans physical suffering. We created the six systems of philosophy to end the humans mental suffering.[/quote]You beg to differ? Simple question: Did you end human suffering or not?

You are forgetting we were the richest country in the world for most of the world history. We were obviously doing something right.
Sure. But when I ask you what it was, all you have to say is “that’s the way it is”. Why were you so rich? Because of Yoga? Did everybody in India do Yoga? Nonsense. You were so rich because you had a large piece of land with a lot of resources, a nice climate that allowed a good life.

[quote]Aww, that’s great. Amazing discoveries you made. Where are they? What results from them? I see nothing. Millions of people in India have a buck per day to live of. How is that amazing?

Millions of people in India just recently got independence in 1947, after 250 years of becoming bled to death and impoverished by the British.

The discoveries we made are all being confirmed by science today. You are doing our Yoga, don’t forget that ;)[/quote]Sure, I’m doing your Yoga and recognize it. And you are using our Internet, our cars, our electricity, our clothes, our refridgerator, etc. etc. and claim it’s all yours, while you reject anything Western, just that you voluntarily live in the West. :wink: Why don’t you go to India and live there? What are you still doing here? Explain this hypocrisy!

[quote]You know why “we are want in of Yoga”? Because it’s a great exercise. That’s it. If Yoga had not those gymnastics, Yoga would be nowhere in the West. Noone would be interested. I guess for 90+% of the people who do “Yoga”, Yoga is nothing but gymnastics. What makes Yoga big, is the effect the gymnastics have on the body. And it’s just one type of physical exercises of many, other people do bodybuilding or Kung Fu or go jogging, spinning, curling, swimming. Yoga in the West and in India is watered down beyond recognition and hardly used for the purpose layed out in the Yoga Sutras. Aren’t you whining about that all the time as well?!

In that case why is gymnastics, jogging, spinning, curling and swimming not a multi billion dollar business with a craze of tens of millions worldwide?[/quote]I wouldn’t know that it isn’t, SD, or do you doubt there are more swimming pools on the planet, than Yoga studios. :wink:

In that case why do Christians not just take up gymnastics, rather than beating themselves up on whether they are sinning by doing Yoga and fighting with their churches for the right to do it.
Or we could ask why you don’t do Yoga if it’s so great.

Yoga is great. No doubt. But it’s not the center of the universe and just one form of exercise among many. Wanna deny that too? My god, SD, what life must you live, that your brainz don’t explode… Admirable. :wink:

Obviously our product Yoga works, and works exceeding well. Otherwise why would somebody as spiritually backwards as you be doing it. Why not just take up gymnastics :wink:
Well, I started doing Yoga because I had done it before, it’s free, I can do it at home without any equipment. Also I incorporate a bunch of other stuff because Asanas don’t cover all my needs, particularly cardio-stuff and strength. My most favorite Asanas are headstand and Utanasana, both are not at all exclusive to Yoga, like many other Asanas aren’t.

However, Yoga is great, still no doubt.

Yoga is our product, based on 10,000 years of research and development from our tradition based on our epistemology and scientiic method and our theories and the work our scientists like Patanjali. And you’re using it If I tell you to drop it and take up gymnastics - you won’t. You need our superior science to make yourself better(you need a LOT of it)
No doubt!!! And you know who needs it even more? A hater like you. If finally the day will come that you pick your Guru (lol) and you finally can start your serious Sadhana (lol), and you will make progress, the day will come that you will feel like shit about your performance on this forum. You will break down and cry tears of regret one day. If you get to do a Sadhana at all. Maybe, if this board will still exist, you will come back here and beg for forgiveness. I’ll grant it to you. I know you hurt a lot, and I’m sorry for you. But - you’ll understand that later too - it’s really not the right way to just let you have your way without responding. It’s a burden to have to deal with you and I know how to judge those who refuse to take part in this duty. But it is also quite exhausting, particularly since we’re just on our way too, and as well not fathomless fountains of energy.

However, onto the next bullcrap! :wink:

[quote]Honey, meditation is not valid scientific method. Experiences in meditation are individual subjective experiences that have no effect on anything but the one who is meditating. They are not sharable, they cannot be reproduced.

Really, Fritjof Capra and other philosophers of science and physicists today disagree. Meditation is a very valid science and is actually used as science today in transpersonal psychology in a field known as mental phenomenology.
I know I am talking to an ignoramus here, but you are actually woefully ignorant about science that it hurts ;)[/quote]Sure. See, it’s exhausting. I said “meditation is not valid scientific method. Experiences in meditation are individual subjective experiences that have no effect on anything but the one who is meditating. They are not sharable, they cannot be reproduced.” So when I meditate and find something during meditation, that is not a scientific finding that would be valid. It’s not going to be published in an academic journal.

Capra shows in meditation one does a controlled observation of their mind by using the following variables: you fix your body down so that there are no significant movements. You maintain your natural breath. You close your eyes and then give your mind a focal point and maintain focus on it. Consciousnes researchers then gather data. They have found that while the content of the mind is subjective, the structures of consciousness and the states of consciousness are not. It is now shown through even strong empirical data the brainwave changes and changes in neurological activity during meditation can be measured and graped. That one can tell even from the monitor which state the subject has entered. In addition the supernormal abilities of yogis that become active during meditation have also been studied.

About 100 years of research in out of body experiences, psychic abilities, past life memories has proven without a shadow of doubt they are real. Recently studies have more provided so much proof that skeptics in the scientific community are dwindling in numbers.

Not only are you in general backwards in your understanding of science, but you are backwards in the knowledge of your own science. You still live in 200 year old Newtonian world. Come at least come to the level of quantum. Then we’ll take to the final level of absolute.
Meditation has an effect on the brain, I never doubted that. Supernormal abilities like the Siddhis described in the Sutras or out of body experiences or past life memories have not been proven at all; we’ve been over that already, I ain’t gonna repeat that.

[quote]What is wrong with my mindset, SD? I have not conquered any land, I have not stolen anything from anybody, I don’t feel superior to anybody, I don’t want to hold anybody down, I don’t want to deny anybody the recognition they deserve, I want peace, I want to and do share my wealth.

Here is what is wrong with your mindset. Your quote:

You claim to still have them, because you’re a proud Hindu nationalist and can’t stand the truth, that your nation was raped, destroyed and now has to catch up.

You take glee in the fact that my nation was raped and destroyed.[/quote]Yeah, I actually masturbate over the thought of millions that died. Particularly the kids in agony really turn me on. Harharharhahr.

You speak on behalf of Western civilisation and you are not even slightly apologetic about the evil your dad wrought on the planet, the extermination of Native Americans, aborgines, the slavery of the Africans and the plundering, looting and pillaging of Indians.
I actually only speak of my behalf and simply state a fact. I am as well apologetic, just that I don’t see the point in repeating myself over and over again when I talk to a damn racist. Still I have expressed my compassion very clearly, and when I think about it, to my knowledge, has noone else on this forum ever done that as clearly as I did. Check me out:

http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55058&postcount=93
Yes, Nietzsche, the West did conquer. That was bad. It was very very bad and I’m very very sorry for that. It’s bad and evil to conquer other countries. The West did it. And it stole and it killed and it raped and destroyed.
And then I adressed you as well, large speech, here:

http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55110&postcount=106
And again I couldn’t care less whose ancestors were “there first”. I find this attitude childish. I judge myself not even for what my country does, or my neighbor or my personal father, I judge myself for what I do, and a little bit for what those of my family do, who I chose (= my wife) or who I raise (= my son). Even if my father was a serial killer of pregnant women, I’d say: But I’m not.

And I judge you not for what your ancestors did or your landsmen in Britain or India, I judge you for what you do. When I point to bad stuff in India, I do that to point out that any civilisation has their faults. Any, including yours, that you, over and over and over again, claim to be superior.

I also have no problem to admit that the civilisation you randomly happen to genetically stem from was far superior 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000 years ago. India has a great history and has achieved great things, that I admire. I love Yoga and I love Indian philosophy, that’s all awesome. It also seems that India is at least realtively peaceful, but I cannot actually judge that, because I don’t know enough. My own culture had been very violent. And as I said to Nietsche already, I do condemn and am sorry for anything evil and bad that happened in the world, no matter who did it, and of course including the crimes of the West. I am also sorry for the poor in India that are being robbed and I am sorry for people in Iran that are forbidden to dance and express their beliefs, I am sorry for the native Americans who got their land stolen by evil Western conqueres, I am sorry for any child being beaten up in… anywhere. I am not a divider, I’m a one-world-guy, imaginary “borders” I don’t care for.

And I go even further and do not even actually condemn those who do evil things, because I assume that something happened to them that made them do it or that they - father forgive them! - didn’t know what they were doing. Yet - if possible - they have to be stopped and their crimes have to be condemned, but noone wakes up one morning and decides that it’s time to become evil. I also do not condemn you and your sidekick for your attitudes, hate and violence creates hate and violence, it’s a story as old as life. I wish you had the strength and greatness to see through that circle and step out of it, I wish you could embrace the great teachings of Yoga and give up your hostility, that you could forgive “the West” it’s crimes and live peacefully and be constructive. You could be so constructive SD, you know so much about your culture and I would (“even”) be interested to learn from you. But your hatred distorts everything, and I know that I’d have to double-check all the information you provide, so as a source of information you’re worthless to me. Also is there no way for me to simply be a friend, as you think of me as inferior and evil and all that crap, so I’m stuck with my compassion and sympathy for your sufferings.

And btw: This is how I raise my son. If you had kids, my god, how would you raise them?

Tell me: What else could I do? What would you want me to do? Become a Hindu nationalist, hate the evil West and help you spreading your sick propaganda? That I cannot, and for that I am not at all sorry. I hope you will outgrow and outmature your attitude, it does not at all produce anything good. Don’t you see it? You do not feel well and noone else feels well around you. And since you keep pushing and pushing, more and more people push back. So all we have going on is pushing each other around.

What for, Surya? What good does it do? Do you really feel any better at the end of the day? That you achieve nothing should be obvious even to you.
And you shameless idiot tell me I’d take glee in the fact of all that suffering. And that is exactly what’s wrong with you. Your damn racism eats you up from inside. It destroys you.

This IS exactly what is wrong your with your mindset. You are a backwards culture. You may have electronics, computers, particle accelerators - but still you don’t know how to use your intellect to reason properly and know nothing about your vast inner world and the higher dimensions of reality.
But SD, who is the freak, that spills out his guts every day on this forum? Hysterically? Who has hurt dozens of people directly, and maybe hundreds who just read your sick bullshit? What do you know of spirituality, reason and a “vast inner world” and “higher dimensions”? You fucking read about them in your scriptures. You are the Asura, SD. You. You are aggressive, insulting, respectless. To everybody, including “Neitzsche”, who’s name you have not learned to spell after a thousand posts of him. The kid looks up to you and you kick him in the nuts because he doesn’t hate the West hard enough.

You can keep calling me racist but that will not prove I am racist.
You prove it yourself all the time. You try to hide it, but it becomes obvious all the time. Here you do it again:

I have already made clear my problem is with your asura culture not your people. Your asura culture needs to go, for deva culture to prevail. Look at the world around you - your asura culture is responsible for it. Let the adults take care of this planet - not some new kids on the block who were nowhere before the 18th century.
That’s racism, SD, and you’re a damn racist.

Our culture won’t go. Not voluntarily. What will you do about it? In your lifespan for example, all you will see is that India will become more and more like the West. What now? Big mouthing on the internet til your deathbed? Or what?

Oh PS SD, I “notice” this only now, I had just written a note on the four forces:

http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=57858&postcount=5

Don’t even think about fooling me with techno babble. :roll:

While you are talking about a 142 year old periodic table and 325 year year old paradigm of physics: Newtonian mechanics; I am talking about the latest theory of physics quantum theory and string theory and the latest classification of fundamental building blocks of matter(the actual definition of an “element”)

You know our knowledge of physics has actually improved since 325 years ago :wink:

Here are our latest discoveries:

Quantum physics says goodbye to reality
Apr 20, 2007
Some physicists are uncomfortable with the idea that all individual quantum events are innately random. This is why many have proposed more complete theories, which suggest that events are at least partially governed by extra “hidden variables”. Now physicists from Austria claim to have performed an experiment that rules out a broad class of hidden-variables theories that focus on realism – giving the uneasy consequence that reality does not exist when we are not observing it (Nature 446 871).

Some 40 years ago the physicist John Bell predicted that many hidden-variables theories would be ruled out if a certain experimental inequality were violated – known as “Bell’s inequality”. In his thought experiment, a source fires entangled pairs of linearly-polarized photons in opposite directions towards two polarizers, which can be changed in orientation. Quantum mechanics says that there should be a high correlation between results at the polarizers because the photons instantaneously “decide” together which polarization to assume at the moment of measurement, even though they are separated in space. Hidden variables, however, says that such instantaneous decisions are not necessary, because the same strong correlation could be achieved if the photons were somehow informed of the orientation of the polarizers beforehand.

Bell’s trick, therefore, was to decide how to orient the polarizers only after the photons have left the source. If hidden variables did exist, they would be unable to know the orientation, and so the results would only be correlated half of the time. On the other hand, if quantum mechanics was right, the results would be much more correlated – in other words, Bell’s inequality would be violated.

Many realizations of the thought experiment have indeed verified the violation of Bell’s inequality. These have ruled out all hidden-variables theories based on joint assumptions of realism, meaning that reality exists when we are not observing it; and locality, meaning that separated events cannot influence one another instantaneously. But a violation of Bell’s inequality does not tell specifically which assumption – realism, locality or both – is discordant with quantum mechanics.

Markus Aspelmeyer, Anton Zeilinger and colleagues from the University of Vienna, however, have now shown that realism is more of a problem than locality in the quantum world. They devised an experiment that violates a different inequality proposed by physicist Anthony Leggett in 2003 that relies only on realism, and relaxes the reliance on locality. To do this, rather than taking measurements along just one plane of polarization, the Austrian team took measurements in additional, perpendicular planes to check for elliptical polarization.

Ahem, so todays physics has now pretty much proven that none of that stuff you are harping on about chemicals, space and time exists. The entire world of space-time and all matter within it only exists insofar we are aware of it. It is a representation by our perception. In fact there is no space and time the entire universe is pure potentiality existing in a superpositioned state - but will you get this :wink:

Today, we use this fact to transmit information across distances instantaneously at 20,000 times the speed of light. We have plans to do the same thing with humans in the future. Hey, this is the 21st century, get out of the 18th century you dinosaur :stuck_out_tongue:

Vedic science:

You were lucky to get a free education in a superior science, but alas you fail to grasp it because of your backwardsness. You claim the 5-element system is primitive(because it’s ancient) and the periodic table is advanced. Lets test your assumptions:

Not a single person ever could deny that whatever we know about the world comes from our senses. Not a single neurobiologist or cognitive scientist today would deny that whatever the senses receive are then processed by the brain and then a sensory representation is created. In that case we do live in a sensory world.(Modern philosophers of mind and neuroscientists have called it a “virtual world”)

What is a sensory world made out of? Is it chemicals like hydrogen, helium, oxgygen, nitrogen, sodium, lithium or is it sensory qualia? You will find the intelligent person will answer the latter. How do we classify sensory qualia, well a good place to start would be to classify sensory qualia into categories from which it emerges -

Nose: smelling
Eyes: seeing
Skin: feeling
Mouth: tasting
Ears: hearing

Then you can classify what comes under the category of each qualia: Nose: smelling: solid earthy particles; Eyes: seeing: light atoms; skin: feeling: force atoms: mouth:tasting: liquid particles: ears: sound vibrations. You can further sub classify what things come under each class:

Nose: Minerals, metals, ores, herbs etc
Light: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet
Skin: quantum forces, gravity, wind, magnetic, electric
Mouth: Water, oil, acids, akalis, juices
Ears: Low frequency sounds to high frequency sound

In other words you can classify every known and even later unknown empirical object in the world under this 5 element system. It is simple, efficient and non-redundant.
You admit that we have separate tables for chemical elements, for light, for sound and for subatomic particle, and for fundamental forces. How simple, efficient and non-redundant is that? With the Vedic classification system we can classify everything in the empirical world known and unknown - whilst you have to look up a dozen tables :wink: As somebody who did A level computing and studied databses I will tell you a database system that is simple, efficient and non redundant is considered to be a good database.

You claim that every culture in the universe would have a periodic table. This is why you are a simpleton. You assume every culture would have the same classification system, without realising classification depends upon factors like your language, definitions and assumptions.

What defines an element? The definition of the classical element is a fundamental building block of the the world. How are chemical elements elements then, because they are made out protons, electrons and neutrons. They are in turn made out of quarks. Those quarks are in turn made out of other stuff. And where does gravity, light and sound fit into this? It is obvious then the periodic table is not a table of elements, but a table of compounds of compounds and compounds of elements :wink:

You admitted yourself that you know the fundamental forces are contained within every chemical, then duh, does that not make them elements :wink: In modern physics we do not use the periodic table because it is superceded by a better systems of classification where we can account for most phenomena in the world.

Nuclear strong
Nuclear weak
Electromagnetism
Gravity

It is predicted that originally all these forces were one superforce in a state of supersymmetry. Then one force split, causing the other forces to come into existtence.
Yet we still cannot account for waves and form a complete theory of physics.

You deny that the Vedic 5 element system corresponds to the 4 element system used in modern physics today. Yet it is pretty obvious it does: Nuclear-strong and nuclear weak corresponds to our solid and and liquid atoms; Electromagnetism corresponds to our light atoms; gravity corresponds to our force atoms. You say that these are forces not atoms - that is because you don’t understand the definition of an atom, it is an indivisible unit of physical matter. Vedic atoms have no magnitude, just like the modern forces have no magnitude. The word atom in the Vedic context simply means a basic building block that cannot be subdivided any further(paramanu). If it has any kind of magnitude, it can be subdivided further.

It is easy for anybody who is is not intellectually blind to see that these are equivalent. Not only are they same, the order within which they say matter appears is exactly the same. Oh, but what about the missing 5th element in the modern system. How is sound explained? That’s where quantum physics comes in with the wonderful quantum ether.
You assume that there are those atoms, inside these atoms there are protons, electrons and neutrons, and inside the protons, electrons and neutrons there are quarks. The position of an element depends upon your assumption of not only the existence of these entities, but on the number of these entities in each atom! Well, dear, I have some news for you - do you know that nobody has ever seen an atom? You do know they are purely theoretical models, don’t you, inspired by our own solar system :wink: How they heck can we count the number of protons, electrons and neutrons inside an atom, when we cannot see the damn atom, even with the best electron miscropes money can buy haha

Now quantum physics has thrown a spanner in your classical universe - there is no atom and there is no electron - until you observe. It is not the case that there is this mystical world inside an atom with n number of protons and neutrons inside the nucleus and electrons orbitting it - and then we just happen to open it up and take a peek and see those electrons. No, the very act of obsevation finds the electron there. Prior to the observation the electron is a wave existing in a superpositioned state. This means that the electron exists in every location at once. The act of observation collapses this superpositioned state and we localise it in one location. The location the electron appears is predicted using probability analsis. We cannot predict exactly where it will appear, but we can predict with some degree of accuracy using probability distribution where it will be found.

So tell me how on earth can we have a periodic table telling us what element is what when first thing we cannot agree on what an element is, and secondly the criteria of n number of protons, electrons and neutrons that are used to decide which position the element is in, doesn’t bloody exist :smiley:

You see us philosophers of science are not idiots like yourself who take theoretical models to be facts. We test the assumptions, definitions and methods that are behind the model and we ultimately find scientific models to be unsatisfactory. Whereas simpltons like you take them to be absolute universal truth, and think even the aliens have periodic tables :wink:

The Vedic classification system does not have any assumptions at all. It tells it as it is. We only have an empirical world in the first place because we have senses. It is a sensory world, not a physical world. Even the most hardnosed empirical scientists are admitting to this fact today - “virtual wold/holographic universe” Get with the times you dinosaur.

And by the way I will conclude this post with some Vedic quantum physics straight from the Samkhyakarika:

Sutra 7: The reason why some matter is not detected are: Extremely far or near distances, mental and sensory ineffencies, too subtle or fine, occulation or eclipsing of the object, poor background contrast, camafloging effects

Sutra 8: The non detection of the substratum of matter(moolaprakriti - root, qautum or fundamental matter) is not because it does not exist, but because the substratum of reality is too subtle or fine. Only reactions/effects are detectable, like the intellect etc(the list of Samkhya matter: intellect, ego, cognitive organ, 5 sense organs, 5 motor organs, 5 subtle elements, 5 physical elements. These are all reactions/effects of the substratum)

Sutra 9: It is impossible that the substratum does not exist, because existent manifestation cannot issue from nothingness. Since every effect has a particular cause(e.g., orange tree, has orange seed) Since no effect can issue from anying(e.g., orange cannot issue from apple) since every cause can only produce what it is potent of(e.g. sand can produce glass, salt cannot produce glass) and because the effect is of the nature of cause.

Sutra 10: The manifest effects that are observed are caused, tempoary, localised, proceed from action to action(i.e., are part of a long causal chain of events) and initiate further actions. Have the quality of substantiality or mass(i.e., mass is secondary effect, matter does not begin as mass) it is conjuct and mergent. The unmanifest matter(i.e., the substratum) is the opposite.

The later sutras explain the properties of unmanifest matter more clearly.

The Samkhyakarika is available to read online in two translations on archive.con. I have read 5 different translations(more or less the same, some more precise than others)

The Sutras later further elaborate on the entire contiuum of mind-matter and the order of manifestation of matter. The sutras are saying exactly what quantum physics is saying there is a fundamental quantum matter that is the exact opposite of empirical matter. It has no mass(just pure potential) it not localised in time and space, it is not a simple chain of cause and effect and everything existent within it is in a superpositioned state.

The sutras later state it is when consciousness comes into contact with matter that the original state of matter collapse causing vibrations in its fundamental forces(gunas) Scholars of Samkhya say these gunas are like infra-atomic forces in matter, whose oscillation causes matter to start transforming and evolving.(In later Tantric Samkhya system this primal vibration is known as spandana)

What we detect with our senses is only the effect of a long causal chain of events from the moment original matter collapses from contact with consciousness to the last moment when we detect final gross matter. There is really nothing solid in this universe, mass, even as minute as a photon is a secondary effect.

I have once again exposed you to a superior science, but I have no hope you will understand it, because you’re backwards. You will again claim this is all primitive, obvious, expected from ancient times - and yet the fact remains you did not come up with similar theories until the 20th century. A real scientist would be startled by finding this in a text that is thousands of years old.

Hi Surya Deva,

While you are talking about a 142 year old periodic table and 325 year year old paradigm of physics: Newtonian mechanics; I am talking about the latest theory of physics quantum theory and string theory and the latest classification of fundamental building blocks of matter(the actual definition of an “element”)

You know our knowledge of physics has actually improved since 325 years ago :wink:

Here are our latest discoveries:
but Sd, it’s just rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics. “Haw haw, Q does not know latest science”. Sure I do. And I do know what you’re trying with your rethorics. Evading evading evading. Like a lousy politician. You know exactly why I speak of the periodic table. And instead of being an at least remotely decent guy, at least remotely fair in a discussion, and admit it, admit that western people aren’t a race of dumb monkey-brainz, you pull off rethorics after rethorics after rethorics. Sure I talk about a 142 year old periodic table. Question: Why do talk about the lastest theory of physics quantum theory and string theoray and the latest classificiation of fundamental building blocks of matter in response? Why don’t you talk about that periodic table instead? It’s like you speak of Yoga and I ignore what it is, refuse to recognize it’s value and virtue, and speak of WII-Fit instead. Do you think I would not know of electrons and protons and neutrons? Of quarks? You don’t think that. You’re playing rethoric games. You’re playing semantic games “the actual definition of an element”: Dude, the periodic table of elements is accurate, correct, it’s working, it’s a great achievement of science, India has nothing like it. Because a chemical element consists of further parts: Oh, the periodic table must be wrong!!!111!1! No, butthead, it’s correct. And it’s called a “chemical element”.

Why do you play these games? It’s more than obvious, it’s crystal clear. You have nothing else to respond, you must evade evade evade evade. You can’t discuss maturely, you must play the clown and you know that in the eyes of anyone who knows what this discussion is about, you appear as the clown. All you can do is hoping that the majority of our 40,000 unique visitors per month no nothing about science and can be fooled by the hilarious bullshit you’re pulling of.

You’re pathetic.

I have once again exposed you to a superior science, but I have no hope you will understand it, because you’re backwards. You will again claim this is all primitive, obvious, expected from ancient times - and yet the fact remains you did not come up with similar theories until the 20th century. A real scientist would be startled by finding this in a text that is thousands of years old.
Sure. You know the great Hindu Schopenhauer? He wrote the bible of rethoricians. Check this out:

http://coolhaus.de/art-of-controversy/erist36.htm
Stratagem XXXVI

You may also puzzle and bewilder your opponent by mere bombast; and the trick is possible, because a man generally supposes that there must be some meaning in words:

Gewohnlich glaubt der Mensch, wenn er nur Worte hort,
Es musse sich dabei doch auch was denken lassen.

If he is secretly conscious of his own weakness, and accustomed to hear much that he does not understand, and to make as though he did, you can easily impose upon him by some serious fooling that sounds very deep or learned, and deprives him of hearing, sight, and thought; and by giving out that it is the most indisputable proof of what you assert. It is a well-known fact that in recent times some philosophers have practised this trick on the whole of the public with the most brilliant success. But since present examples are odious, we may refer to The Vicar of Wakefield for an old one.
That’s what you’re doing here.

Try something else, please, I’m not interested in learning all about your ancient primitive classification of physical phenomena according to the five senses. That India has nothing like the periodic table: Simple fact. That chemical elements are a universal phenomenon: Simple fact.

Also it’s quite obvious what you do not reply to. You’re helpless. Your target audience are stupid people, it’s not even good enough to be a Hindu nationalist, if one is smart, they can’t follow you.

I am truly enjoying this debate, and hoping that other also do. You made it to Prime Time already :smiley:

What’s so enjoyable about it? You think this is entertaining?

Yes, but in a rewarding sense. You really stick with your own ideas and try to own Surya, whilst he continues to have his own way. This debate in a sense reminds me why there’s been chaos in our human world in the first place. The Western World today is the outcome of a continuing interpretational fallacies that greatly damaged the existing order of the world. So some of your advocacies about the “practicality” of the Western Science represent too much pride without giving any consideration about the societies that conquistadors did not hesitate to butcher and rape. You are prone to clinging onto that eurocentric extreme.

I draw on some points you both made:

Whilst, Surya’s stance is a mix of stream of ancient pride, a little bit of frustration, anger, disappointment. I kinda got the impression you dont like the way he lumps things together. Well, he does. As such, you accuse him of introducing fairy tail stories deriving from quantum mechanics. But is it possible that you evaluate his arguments through the lens of New Age criticism? Cos New Agers tend to believe in fairy tales, quantum healing and that sort of stuff, by gathering many many hodgepodge ideas toegther. But, I assure you that ask the dusted members of this forum, Surya is a fierce critique of New Age movement. And yet perhaps there is some truth in what he is saying? He explains that abilities like teleportation are possible on the subatomic world; after all if you know the famous “double-slit experiment,” you’d acknowledge that subatomic particles are teleporting all the time, a.k.a. quantum superposition. And as a human, since you are part of this subatomic world in a different magnitude, through rigorous practice and appeasing the chaotic activity of mind, it is theoretically possible to embody the laws of subatomic world within the human body. Yet there is one essential stuff about that which Patanjali points out: the aim of Yoga is not to attain Siddhis but greater perception about the reality, peaceful mind, redemption from chaos, and mobility towards rewarding self-discipline. But I emphasise the word “rigour” here. Unless you embody what this means, a lot of conceits would appear you as a fairy tale.

You said that most Westerners are all into the physical Yoga. This is correct, but it is since spiritual practice begins with training the body. For many busy-minded, restless Westerners, sitting on a silent meditation is quite impossible. Thus physical practice becomes more appealing. However, after training the body, if one wants to move forward in subjectivity, you begin to train your mind - that is a different kind of Yoga, and the Westerners I know have shown to know this Yoga as well. And after training the mind properly, the next step is to cultivate the pranic energy according to Patanjali’s method.

Surya has impossible standards which sound rather comic every now and again. But having impossible standards always prevail the physics of sensorial reality: Einstein had impossible standards, e.g. doing thought experiments in the “alleged” impossible realities, and yet due to his honing of thought experiments, he attained a piece of knowledge (that is, relativity) that has been standing on the edge of our noses since we had evolved as conscious creatures. But we were unable to see it back in the beginnings of 20th centur since Newtonian science had become quite a moral and intellectual imperative. The systematic study of Newtonian science did what any academic study does, it has side effects: it naturally makes you blind to very simple, but creative thoughts occurring within one’s moments of convoluted brilliance. So scientists who started to build up their own upon the shoulders of Galileo and Newton have rather created a cluster of “givens” about the material world, which are expected to be taken as immutable facts within society. Because of these empirical method of Galileo and Newton, we have come to live in a world of frightful “givens” which banished radical thought. By analogy, the Newtonian science had become just like a theocratic religion until the general and special theories of relativity (to which quantum mechanics pose adversary).

I aint saying super-Siddhis exist. And yet I aint saying they don’t exist. Yet a journey toward finding that out sounds like a majestic way of living. The society that we have today reeks fear, confusion, anger and ugliness, which only enables the fortunate ones to have their own majestic moments. But the path of Yoga, an impossible motivation toward attaining the higher self is a noble way to have a dialogue with the world and oneself. And if the world whispers to you, that fairy tales exist, wouldn’t you embark on finding that out?

When it comes to spiritual practice or Yoga, let us not cast radical thought aside :wink:

Hi HighWolf,

I think I get your point. First off, you fail to understand what this discussion is actually about. This isn’t about philosophy or radical ideas or spirituality or anything alike. This is about SD denying western civilisation any scientific achievements. It started with my clearifying the false knowledge bjoy spread, go there and re-read the thread. SD claims, the west has achieved nothing, because we’re like animals and a barbaric people, demons, “Asura”. The issue about the periodic table of elements for example, we discuss that because I noted it as an example of the achievments of western science. Cuz I had randomly recently watched that documentary. I could as well have taken quantum physics, genetics, information-techonlogy or a bazillion other examples, SD would’ve done the same, denying it was relevant or claiming it was all invented/found by Indians. Like the microchip and wireless communication, math, medicine, linguistics, the toilet, logic and probably the beating heart as well. :roll:

Racism is what we’re actually discussing here, guess you didn’t notice.

What you are interested in are magic powers and metaphysical phenomenae and you think that I, because I am sceptical about the existence of such, reject them. I guess you see me as some sterner, non-spiritual hard-factish scientist. Some of that is true, for example do I call all the phenomenae that are described in ancient scriptures “fairy tales” until I have a reason to call them something else. I have no Siddhis, I know of noone who has Siddhis, I know of noone who knows of someone who has Siddhis. No reliable sources knows someone who has Siddhis. The same counts for any superhuman or -natural powers or ghosts or reincarnation, etc. etc. I am, also, not terribly interested in them, I find the world that I can see and feel and smell amazing enough, I would not spend my life with practices to acquire magic powers, I prefer to enjoy the regular things, my family, nature, arts, sciences, and such.

What I do oppose, though, is when new agers talk nonsense and think they can prove ancient fairy-tales with modern science. For example you and your double-slit-experiment. Dude, it proves nothing that’s even remotely comparable to teleportation. It is obvious that you have not even remotely and idea of physics. That’s not problem, that you don’t know about such stuff, it’s just a problem that you have and spread false knowledge. Know the Sutras of Patanjali? Check this one out:

1.5 The movements of conscience are fivefold. They may be cognizable, or non-cognizable, painful or non-painful.

1.6 They are caused by correct knowledge, illusion, delusion, sleep and memory.

1.7 Correct knowledge is direct, inferred, or proven as factual.

1.8 Illusory or irroneus knowledge is based on the non-fact or the non-real.

Or:

2.4 Lack of knowledge is the source of all pains and sorrows whether dormant, attenuated, interrupted or fully active.
Translation by Iyengar.

Do yourself the favor and read a book on physics that covers the double-slit experiment and destroy your false knowledge instead of spreading it like a desease.

About SD: He is no visionary like Einstein. He is doing just that: Spreading false knowledge. I have disproven tons of his false stuff, a lot about teleportation for example. In this thread he spreads a crapload of false knowledge, for example that the periodic table of elements would be wrong and out of use and arbitrary or that Newtonian physics was wrong. That’s false knowledge, really, trust me, or don’t and inform yourself by reading books. No need to just believe what’s in those books as well, always be smart, reflect, sapere aude, and all.

Oh and finally: I really do consider the crimes of the West. Really. I wrote a huge speech about it long ago already, I quoted it in this thread, go look for it, guess you missed it. I, though, fail to feel guilty for the crimes of my ancestors (Germans actually never were in India, afaik), and I see no reason to apologize to another westerner like SD, who lives in the West voluntarily, profits from what has been done to his country, is filthy rich himself and all along a damn racist. + I fail to just let him spread the false knowledge that western people were demons and stupid monkeys that have made no single scientific finding. Don’t you find it hilarious how he denies the West any achievment? Do you not?

History:

This is in response to Q’s older post. I had to go out, so I am posting it late.

Sigh, more than enough proof has been provided that you were backwards before the 18th century - and in science you’ve always been backwards, and still are. We have already looked at how backwards you are in the 21st century century trying to come to terms with the quantum and that physical reality does not exist(for most scientists who are honest about the empirical evidence, this is now fact). But let us look at previous centuries:

Up until the beginning of 19th century you were still grapping with what the physical world is made of, you thought it was made out of infinite objects in infinite space being acted on by forces, each object being made out of stuff that was infinitely divisible. The idea of atoms(thought it was presented by a lone Greek philosopher - who probably learned it from the Indians) did not even occur to you until Dalton. His idea of atoms were:

Wiki:

Elements are made of tiny particles called atoms.
The atoms of a given element are different from those of any other element; the atoms of different elements can be distinguished from one another by their respective relative atomic weights.
All atoms of a given element are identical.
Atoms of one element can combine with atoms of other elements to form chemical compounds; a given compound always has the same relative numbers of types of atoms.
Atoms cannot be created, divided into smaller particles, nor destroyed in the chemical process; a chemical reaction simply changes the way atoms are grouped together.

Dalton envisaged atoms to be like hard impermeable balls. They combined as binary atoms, then tertiary atoms etc Yet, we know his science is wrong because we know these atoms can be split. Furthermore, we have discovered the atom is mostly empty space. Still have found we can split the atoms of atoms even further.

In thermodynamics the very basic recognition of conservation of energy and light and heat were the same was not made until the late 19th century(and the recognition of the equivalence of energy and matter not until the 20th century) We knew about atoms, how atomic bonds break and form(under the effects of heat) chemical changes in new atomic, the states of matter of solid, liquid and gas as functions of the kinetic energy of the atoms and their atomic structure(binary atoms, tertiary atoms etc) Above all, we know atoms were not impermeable, but atoms had no magnitude at all, they were infintesimal points in space. Thus we knew visible atoms were not atoms, but aggregates of atoms and could be split further to release energy.

We knew heat, light, energy were the same element tejas(energy) In fact we even knew that all matter(all 5 elements) were transformations of the same primal matter.
We knew that matter was just condensed energy. Telsa noted this when he became aware of our theories of physics and resolved to prove that all matter came from the same primal matter of energy.

Vaiseshika sutras on thermodynamics:

1.1.9 A substance and quality will only originate other substances of the same class
2.1.6. Fluidity is the result of heat(or energy) conjunction, and is common to water, wax, lac, ghee etc
2.1.8 The fluidity of tin, gold, silver, iron, lead when conjoined with heat, become like water atoms
2.2.2 Heat is the property of the light element
5.2.5 The suns rays cause the evaporation of water atoms by conjunction with air atoms
5.2.6. Through the impress of the impulse(by the suns rays) the sun conjoins the water atoms with the air
5.2.7 The freezing and thawing of a substance is due to conjunction of(and absence of) heat
5.2.11 The cause of the sound of thunder is the conjunction of the water atoms with the air atoms to form a cloud and then the disjunction in the cloud

Tesla’s attempt to prove all matter was energy based on Vedic physics: The following is an excerpt from his unpublished article called Man’s Greatest Achievement:

“There manifests itself in the fully developed being , Man, a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives… Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.”

According to Swami Nikhilananda:
Nikola Tesla, the great scientist who specialized in the field of electricity, was much impressed to hear from the Swami his explanation of the Samkhya cosmogony and the theory of cycles given by the Hindus. He was particularly struck by the resemblance between the Samkhya theory of matter and energy and that of modern physics. The Swami also met in New York Sir William Thompson, afterwards Lord Kelvin, and Professor Helmholtz, two leading representatives of western science. Sarah Bernhardt, the famous French actress had an interview with the Swami and greatly admired his teachings. [8]
It was at a party given by Sarah Bernhardt that Nikola Tesla probably first met Swami Vivekananda. [9] Sarah Bernhardt was playing the part of ‘Iziel’ in a play of the same name. It was a French version about the life of Bhudda. The actress upon seeing Swami Vivekananda in the audience, arranged a meeting which was also attended by Nikola Tesla. In a letter to a friend, dated February 13th, 1896, Swami Vivekananda noted the following:
…Mr. Tesla was charmed to hear about the Vedantic Prana and Akasha and the Kalpas, which according to him are the only theories modern science can entertain…Mr Tesla thinks he can demonstrate that mathematically that force and matter are reducible to potential energy. I am to go see him next week to get this mathematical demonstration. [10]
Swami Vivekananda was hopeful that Tesla would be able to show that what we call matter is simply potential energy because that would reconcile the teachings of the Vedas with modern science. The Swami realized that “In that case, the Vedantic cosmology [would] be placed on the surest of foundations”. The harmony between Vedantic theories and and western science was explained by the following diagram:

BRAHMAN = THE ABSOLUTE
| |
| |
MAHAT OR ISHVARA = PRIMAL CREATIVE ENERGY
| |
±--------+ ±--------+
PRANA and AKASHA = ENERGY and MATTER

Tesla understood the Sanskrit terminology and philosophy and found that it was a good means to describe the physical mechanisms of the universe as seen through his eyes. It would behoove those who would attempt to understand the science behind the inventions of Nikola Tesla to study Sanskrit and Vedic philosophy. Tesla apparently failed to show the identity of energy and matter. If he had, certainly Swami Vivekananda would have recorded that occasion. The mathematical proof of the principle did come until about ten years later when Albert Einstein published his paper on relativity. What had been known in the East for the last 5,000 years was then known to the West.

http://www.vediccosmology.com/teslaandvivekananda1.html

Up until the 17th century you were still grapping with basic mechanics. You were using wrong theories of mechanics by Aristole who said an object always remains at rest, unless you move it and is at rest again, the velocity of an object is proportional to the density of the medium, an object travels faster in a low density material than low density material, and heavy object falls faster than a lighter object.

This is another of your “limts of validity” fallacie case. Aristotle said all that stuff because he was not aware of gravity, but his mechanics worked in the everyday basic context and even technology was created from it. Yet, we know his science is wrong - wrong, wrong wrong - Galileo proved it. His theory for why an arrow travels should win an imbecile award(arrows sail forward because they create a vacuum behind them, and because nature abhors a vacuum, it quickly fill it up and propels it along)

Meanwhile, we had correct mechanical theories. We knew about gravity, horizontal and vertical force vectors acting on an object, and momentum energy and velocity. And we knew exactly why an arrow sails forward because of Newton’s first law(an object will remain at rest or carry on in a straight line unless a force is applied) or and why it falls and follows a parabolic path. We knew all the laws of motion. We also know about consistuent atomic forces.

1.1.7 The common actions are throwing upwards, throwing donwards/falling, expansion, contraction and moving
1.1.17 The definition of an action is which causes conjunction and disjunction to a substance or object
1.1. 14 Every action is opposed by an equal reaction (Third law of Newtons)
1.1.20 Action is the common cause of conjunction(holding things together) disjunction(breaking things apart) and motion/momentum
1.1.23 Any substance is in fact constituted by parent substances(parent atoms, molecules)
1.1.30 Conjunction and disjunctions of any entity require the application of action(any kind of energy can be considered an action)
5.1.7 In the the absence of conjunction an object falls due to gravity
5.1.8 No upward or sidewards movements takes place without a strong application of action
5.1.9 The motion of an object is directly proportional to the action applied
5.1.14 Action takes place on grass due to conjunction with wind
5.1.15 The movement of the needle from the magnet is caused by an invisible action
5.1.16 Particular non-simultaneous conjunctions are the cause of the diversity of its actions
5.1.17 The action of the arrow is from the initial momentum energy(provided by the bow) and second action is through self-reproduction of the action, and in like manner the next and the next
5.1.18 Falling results from gravity causing loss of its self-production(i.e., its momentum energy) In modern language: the horizontal component of the arrow reduces, and the vertical component of gravity increases - causing it to lose its momentum and fall.

Up until the 16h century you still believed in a flat earth, with the sun, moon, planets and stars going around it. Copernicus presented a faulty model of the heliocentric solar system, which later corrected by Galileo and Kepler.

We knew from the very start that the sun is the centre of the solar system this is why we use to call it “guru” meaning heavy and one that others follow. In texts as old as the Vedas we find clear verses saying that the sun strings all the planets along and keep them fixed. The Brahmanas also assert the sun is always fixed in position, and never sets or rises.

The Aitareya Brahmana states “The Sun never sets nor rises. When people think the sun is setting, it is not so; they are mistaken.”

Yajnavalkya recognized that the Earth was round and believed that the Sun was “the centre of the spheres” as described in the Vedas at the time. His astronomical text Shatapatha Brahmana (8.7.3.10) stated: “The sun strings these worlds - the earth, the planets, the atmosphere - to himself on a thread.” He recognized that the Sun was much larger than the Earth, which would have influenced this early heliocentric concept. He also accurately measured the relative distances of the Sun and the Moon from the Earth as 108 times the diameters of these heavenly bodies, almost close to the modern measurements of 107.6 for the Sun and 110.6 for the Moon.

The real genius of Indian astronomy is the great Aryabhatta:

The Indian astronomer-mathematician Aryabhata in his magnum opus Aryabhatiya, propounded a mathematical heliocentric model in which the Earth was taken to be spinning on its axis and the periods of the planets were given with respect to a stationary Sun. He was also the first to discover that the light from the Moon and the planets were reflected from the Sun, and that the planets follow an elliptical orbit around the Sun, and thus propunded an eccentric elliptical model of the planets, on which he accurately calculated many astronomical constants, such as the times of the solar and lunar eclipses, and the instantaneous motion of the Moon (expressed as a differential equation). Bhaskara (1114-1185) expanded on Aryabhata’s heliocentric model in his treatise Siddhanta-Shiromani, where he mentioned the law of gravity, discovered that the planets don’t orbit the Sun at a uniform velocity, and accurately calculated many astronomical constants based on this model, such as the solar and lunar eclipses, and the velocities and instantaneous motions of the planets. Arabic translations of Aryabhata’s Aryabhatiya were available from the 8th century, while Latin translations were available from the 13th century, before Copernicus had written De revolutionibus orbium coelestium, so it’s quite likely that Aryabhata’s work had an influence on Copernicus’ ideas.

Aryabhata wrote that 1,582,237,500 rotations of the Earth equal 57,753,336 lunar orbits. This is an extremely accurate ratio of a fundamental astronomical ratio (1,582,237,500/57,753,336 = 27.3964693572), and is perhaps the oldest astronomical constant calculated to such accuracy.

http://www.indicstudies.us/Astronomy/

In conclusion: I could yet include more examples everything from discoveries in linguistics, logic, medine and surgery that you made in the 18th century, we made in 2000-1000BCE. Your Keplers, your Galileos, your Newtons, your Daltons all came to knowledge that by our standards is very ancient. Backwards. I got nothing against them and good Western scientists, visionaries, philosophers, they were intelligent people and could probably beat me at chess(which Hindus invented…) - but credit has to be given where it is due. If they were not the first to find the knowledge, then you have to acknowledge it.

The only area you are better in is technology - not science. You’ve always struggled in science. I also strongly have to question how original your discoveries are, because you are master plagiarizers. The very fact that all the above knowledge was already known in India for thousands of years, and then all of a sudden makes an appearance in Europe when Europe comes into contact with India raises strong suspicions. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt - but it is hard to trust such compulsive plagiarisers…

[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl;57927]For example you and your double-slit-experiment. Dude, it proves nothing that's even remotely comparable to teleportation. It is obvious that you have not even remotely and idea of physics. That's not problem, that you don't know about such stuff, it's just a problem that you have and spread false knowledge. Know the Sutras of Patanjali? Check this one out:

Or:

Translation by Iyengar.

Do yourself the favor and read a book on physics that covers the double-slit experiment and destroy your false knowledge instead of spreading it like a desease.

About SD: He is no visionary like Einstein. He is doing just that: Spreading false knowledge. I have disproven tons of his false stuff, a lot about teleportation for example. In this thread he spreads a crapload of false knowledge, for example that the periodic table of elements would be wrong and out of use and arbitrary or that Newtonian physics was wrong. That's false knowledge, really, trust me, or don't and inform yourself by reading books. No need to just believe what's in those books as well, always be smart, reflect, sapere aude, and all.

Oh and finally: I really do consider the crimes of the West. Really. I wrote a huge speech about it long ago already, I quoted it in this thread, go look for it, guess you missed it. I, though, fail to feel guilty for the crimes of my ancestors (Germans actually never were in India, afaik), and I see no reason to apologize to another westerner like SD, who lives in the West voluntarily, profits from what has been done to his country, is filthy rich himself and all along a damn racist. + I fail to just let him spread the false knowledge that western people were demons and stupid monkeys that have made no single scientific finding. Don't you find it hilarious how he denies the West any achievment? Do you not?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, ok, what is "false" about the "knowledge" I provided? I just said that double-slit experiment is a good proof of subatomic teleportation. Once you observe, particule behaves like as if it is "watched" and anchors itself to one possibility. When you dont observe, quantum superposition takes place. And, this is a good proof for teleportation. Schrodinger kept saying it many times after his cat experiment. Additionally, Michio Kaku, Ervin Laszlo, Roger Penrose, Amit Goswami, and Fred Alan Wolf (these are all acclaimed physicists-mathemeaticians by the way, whom I read) built their research upon the shoulders of Einstein, Schrodinger, and Heisenberg Ain't satisfied? Here are some practical results that I dig up:

http://news.discovery.com/tech/teleport-light-experiment-110418.html

http://techie-buzz.com/science/quantum-teleportation-of-photons-achieved.html

Now I wonder who is obtuse-minded and rather illiterate here? :rolleyes:

In fact teleportation already takes place in cyberspace via fiberoptic networks. One minute you have a file, and the other you sent the file somewhere else. You "transfer" "information" in cyberspace, but the whole event in fact is a teleportation. The file travels from one point to another without physically crossing the distance. It travels within the cyberspace, which is not governed by Newtonian mechanics.

So do not try to come down on me with this "false" knowledge crap. And do not try to search for a scapegoat here since I am conspicuously supportive of some of Surya's ideas :x If you accuse me of giving false interpretation, not "knowledge," (cos it isn't mine as you saw above) be comprehensive, punctual and elaborate why my interpretation can be false.

In this world, everyone seems to be a criminal. One says Spanish conquistadors raped America and indigenous people, the other says Salahaddin Eyyubi was a wormonger and had butchered countless Christians in taking Jerusalem over, another points out Hitler's action-packed national socialism... in this world, everybody is a racist. Including you, me and Surya. I guess there is no escape, you gotta deal with it :grin: Let us finish this game and put an end to our misery ;)...or differentiate these two questions:

1. What is racism? or
  2. What does racism entail in your interpretation?

I thought since you are all know-how do-gooder, you'd already be "enlightened" enough to acknowledge that we are all part of one race, the "human race." Your rather reactionary attitude disappoints me, as you kept repeating Surya "you are racist, you are racist." Let me get it right for you: he is not racist, he is a "cultural supremest" in his own account, and you go out there, and show me one person who is not. You might find one, but that would be rare indeed. Then in your account, I will be a racist as well: my mother is of Greek origin, and I greatly embody the Hellenic identity, which embodies excellence in the expression of human spirit, catalyzing it through art, communication, philosophy and social city-state justice system. Not even one single day I stopped dreaming about the arrival of the splendour of Ancient Greece, and though even today the fire of this dream is quite timid. I am just like Surya, a "critical idealist" in that sense. And you know what some rooty Greek people often historically blame when it comes to discussion? Neither Ottomans, nor Egyptians, but the very Roman empire itself, which were very good at plagiarism and plundering, just like its successors, the Anglo-Saxon world.

I think Surya is exaggerating on many points, getting a bit emotional but try to empathise with this guy's frustration with Westerners and their empricism rooted in Bacon's idea that "knowledge is a power to rule and control." British came and raped his people, ripped them off, and did so many other bad stuff that even the new generation British people have come acknowledge in recent times. In a sense, I see his attempt as trying to bring balance to the equation: Western scientists, philosophers and explorers started a narcisstic tradition of taking all the credits for themselves, as if those credits were the spoils of an intellectual war. From what I have seen Surya, he is very critical of this, having a post-colonialist philosophical stance, which is sound intellectual position. He wants intellectual justice :cool:

but Sd, it’s just rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics. “Haw haw, Q does not know latest science”. Sure I do.

Nah, you don’t. Otherwise you would know quantum physics has long said “Goodbye to reality” Otherwise you would know that studies into OBES, psychic abilities, past lives has produced tons of positive and hard empirical evidence. Otherwise you would know consciousness studies.

Face it, you are backwards. You are clinging to a worldview thats 325 years old. You can claim to be a supporter of science as much as you want, but the intelligent person can see that you ain’t no supporter of science, but rather you are protecting what you learned at school - and you are finding it very hard to fathom and digest that everything you learned at school about science was wrong. This is an ego thing for you, not a science thing.

Sure I talk about a 142 year old periodic table. Question: Why do talk about the lastest theory of physics quantum theory and string theoray and the latest classificiation of fundamental building blocks of matter in response?

Hmm, let me think very hard about this for a milisecond…because they are the latest and cutting edge in physics, and we have falsified all old physical theories. Keep up with the times. We no longer believe in more than half of the things we believed in 100 years ago in physics, forget 325 years ago.

Your problem is you’re a simpleton when it comes to science. You do not question any of the assumptions and definitions in your theories or flaws in your methodology - you simply take at face value whatever you learn at school.

Check out this uni for example, where they do run courses on consciousness studies, cosmology and ayurveda:

http://www.ciis.edu/Academics.html

Establised in 1968, and quite well-know with its unique programs.

Hi HighWolf,

Hmm, ok, what is “false” about the “knowledge” I provided? I just said that double-slit experiment is a good proof of subatomic teleportation.
that. Is false. There is no subatomic teleportation going on whatsoever in the double-slit experiment. That experiment shows the wave–particle duality of subatomic particles. There’s is nothing teleported. Just read about it in a book on physics.

Once you observe, particule behaves like as if it is “watched” and anchors itself to one possibility. When you dont observe, quantum superposition takes place. And, this is a good proof for teleportation. Schrodinger kept saying it many times after his cat experiment. Additionally, Michio Kaku, Ervin Laszlo, Roger Penrose, Amit Goswami, and Fred Alan Wolf (these are all acclaimed physicists-mathemeaticians by the way, whom I read) built their research upon the shoulders of Einstein, Schrodinger, and Heisenberg Ain’t satisfied?
See, it’s exhausting. You talk about the double-slit experiment, and you say it proves teleportation. I say it doesn’t. Then you introduce the next … stuff. Cat experiment for example or the role of the observer, superposition, etc. etc., none of which have anything to do with teleportation. +: Any of this terms stands for complex areas of knowledge that require a lot of time to learn and understand. Cat experiment for example: According to the wave-function the cat is dead and alive at the same time and only when the observer opens the box one of these cases becomes reality. It’s about a theoretical formula. If I put you in a box with the same killing-device, do you think that you’d be dead and alive at the same time until I look? You throw these things around like candy on a carnival-parade, one paragraph contains enough material that would a decent and serious person take years to fully understand.

What about the double-slit experiment? Explain to me how it proves anything involving teleportation. I don’t need to explain what the double-slit experiment does, it’s in a million books on physics and for example here on Wikipedia. Read it, then you know my viewpoint. Explain yours: Now.

Here are some practical results that I dig up:

http://news.discovery.com/tech/teleport-light-experiment-110418.html

http://techie-buzz.com/science/quantum-teleportation-of-photons-achieved.html

http://www.frontsidebus.net/2011/04/researchers-succeed-in-quantum-teleportation-of-light-waves/

Now I wonder who is obtuse-minded and rather illiterate here?
I don’t it’s you. Same principle as I just mentioned, you google a bit and throw around terms and you think you know stuff, but you don’t. I’m sorry. Not trying to be a dick here, not at all hostile or so. I wasn’t aware of the latest experiment, though, it seems that it was pusblished on April 15th this year, I guess it’s ok for me not to be that up to date; you didn’t know this before googling yourself, did you. :wink:

But seriously: What has been teleported here? Can you explain? This is about quantum teleportation. I had been over this with SD before. The latest experiment seems to have suceeded to teleport actual information, which was not the case before that. But the articles don’t say what information that was. Do you know what “quantum teleportation” means? Do you know what a qubit is? Do you understand what is explained in those to basic-information-Wikipedia articles?

Quantum teleportation is not about teleporting matter or particles, it is about teleporting qbits of quantums that have to be entangled first. Do you know what quantum entanglement is?

In fact teleportation already takes place in cyberspace via fiberoptic networks. One minute you have a file, and the other you sent the file somewhere else. You “transfer” “information” in cyberspace, but the whole event in fact is a teleportation. The file travels from one point to another without physically crossing the distance. It travels within the cyberspace, which is not governed by Newtonian mechanics.
Oh…

So do not try to come down on me with this “false” knowledge crap.
No, I’m not trying that, what you provide is false knowledge. Teleportation takes place in cyberspace: Dude, that’s hilarious. You send files through fiberoptic networks and think you’d teleport them: No!! That’s wrong! Information is send through fiberoptic networks via light beams, that’s the same principle as writing a letter on paper and carrying it to someone. Just that the info is transported by light beams. When I was a kid I had a friend living near by so we could see each others houses. We used torches to send us light signals that way. Do you think stuff was teleported there? Or what do you think a computer file is? That’s just information.

To claim that:

• the double slit-experiment proves teleportation
  • quantum teleportation would be actual teleportation
  • data-transfer via fiberoptic networks would be teleportation

is wrong. That’s false knowledge. Really. I’m sorry, but it’s the case. Or you have another understanding of “teleportation” than I do, I go with this:

Teleportation is the idea of the transfer of matter from one point to another, more or less instantaneously; similar to the concept apport, an earlier word used in the context of spiritualism. Teleportation is used widely in works of science fiction and fantasy.
It ain’t happening. No matter, no single particle is teleported. As well not in the latest experiment that was published less than a week ago. No particle was “beamed” there. It’s about quantum teleportation, where qubits of entangled quantums are - so to speak - teleported. But it’s not transfer of matter from one point to another. Really. I’m not bullshitting you. You misunderstand something. You did not read enough. Or if you did, you misunderstood.

And do not try to search for a scapegoat here since I am conspicuously supportive of some of Surya’s ideas If you accuse me of giving false interpretation, not “knowledge,” (cos it isn’t mine as you saw above) be comprehensive, punctual and elaborate why my interpretation can be false.
Dude, why becoming aggressive. Sure you are supportive of SD because he tells you fairy tales that you like to hear. You want a world of miracles and wonders, because the one’s you see aren’t good enough for you. :wink: And you see, it’s a burden, it’s exhaustive. Why do I have to be comprehensive, punctual and elaborate why your interpretations ARE false? Elaborate? Laborare - labor -> dude, that’s work. Why don’t you do the work? You guys throw in a couple of terms and there ya go. It’s good enough for you, isn’t it? Is it not? If you read “Scientists teleport Schrodinger’s cat” you go “yay, tomorrow I’ll have Siddhis myself too!!” Not the case, High Wolf? “Shaman”? :wink:

In this world, everyone seems to be a criminal.
Aww…

One says Spanish conquistadors raped America and indigenous people, the other says Salahaddin Eyyubi was a wormonger and had butchered countless Christians in taking Jerusalem over, another points out Hitler’s action-packed national socialism… in this world, everybody is a racist. Including you, me and Surya.
No why, I am not a racist and I have no reason to believe you are one. Surya Deva is a racist, he thinks that western people are like monkeys, they are barbaric, they are devils and demons. Reason: That’s the way it is. That’s racism. You spread false knowledge about science, because you “want to believe” in miracles and fairy tales, and thinking that science actually proves these tales of superhuman powers, helps your sorta weak faith. What I am doing wrong, I don’t know… I tend to be hurtfully sarcastic, for example when I make my fun of you and your shamanic point of view. But why so serious. :wink:

I guess there is no escape, you gotta deal with it :smiley: Let us finish this game and put an end to our misery :wink: …or differentiate these two questions:

1. What is racism? or
  2. What does racism entail in your interpretation?
    Dude, just go to Wikipedia. Here:

Racism is the belief that the genetic factors that constitute race, ethnicity, or nationality are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that ethnic differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1][2][3] Racism’s effects are called “racial discrimination.” In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment.
Surya Deva for example is genetically an Indian. Actually he is a westerner like myself - dunno where you come from. But gentically he’s Indian. And that’s why he thinks he is superior to for example me. I don’t understand his superior logic because I am a westerner, his ancestors found out all the superior knowledge because… “that’s the way it is”.

Sure, SD does not openly admit he is a racist. He pretents to be only performing “ethnicity discrimination”:

Racial discrimination typically points out taxonomic differences between different groups of people, although anyone may be discriminated against on an ethnic or cultural basis, independently of their somatic differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnicity discrimination.
But you see it all the time. He says things like:

We went inwards, and you like the animals remained outwards.
In this thread. Use the forum search to search for “white man”, it will provide almost 100 results from the racism-oh-what-I-mean-“religion”-forum, mostly written by SD.

I thought since you are all know-how do-gooder, you’d already be “enlightened” enough to acknowledge that we are all part of one race, the "human race."
Sure I know. Do you want to call me a racist now? For what reason?

Your rather reactionary attitude disappoints me, as you kept repeating Surya "you are racist, you are racist."
Surya Deva is a racist. A racist a racist a racist. It’s a fact.

Let me get it right for you: he is not racist, he is a “cultural supremest” in his own account,
No dude, he is a racist. You only fail to notice that, because he somewhat clouds it. Speaks of Asura and Deva for example.

and you go out there, and show me one person who is not.
What would a cultural supremest be? For example is it a simple fact that for example in Germany people have

• more money and thus a higher standard of living
  • a better education
  • better healthcare system
  • more rights

than for example people in Iran. Would I be a cultural supremest to point that out? Another example is that the West has aquired a lot of scientific knowledge, for example the periodic table of elements, and that there is no equivalent of said table in India. To note that, would that make me a cultural supremest?

You might find one, but that would be rare indeed. Then in your account, I will be a racist as well: my mother is of Greek origin, and I greatly embody the Hellenic identity, which embodies excellence in the expression of human spirit, catalyzing it through art, communication, philosophy and social city-state justice system.
I don’t know, I think you’d have to elaborate that further, you have to admit, that “embodies excellence in the expression of human spirit” is quite vague. What does it mean? Where does this excellence in the expression of human spirit stem from? And what about other nations and races, are they not as excellent? If not: Why? If they are: Why do you not embody their identiy greatly?

Let’s take myself for a change. I’m German. German people did great things, there are great Germans in any area, great scientists, great musicians, great litterateurs, etc. etc. On the other hand, Germans did a lot of bad things too, the started world wars, they killed millions, including children, in a horrible construction like the gas chamber. Earlier, they were quite barbaric and primitive, but later they rose to a highly scientific culture.

So if I should say what Germans are, a great culture or so, I wouldn’t really know. Did good things, did bad things… I’d be lost in answering such question. If I should compare Germans with other cultures, it’s pretty much the same, take Greece. Are Germans better than Greeks? I couldn’t say why. Greece had a great time millenia ago, was a great culture, made a lot of discoveries and such. I’d instantly ask: How was that possible? How could they do that? And why did the Germans of that time run naked through the jungle? I’d then wonder if it has to do with the climate or other conditions. And such. I would say: Yes, the Greeks of that time had a more sophisticated culture, there’s no doubt. As did the Indians. But were they better people? I’d deny that. What if you took a German of that time as a baby and raised him in India or Greece? Or took a Greek or Indian kid and raised it by Germans? I’m pretty sure that these kids would be just like those who raised them.

So again I’m kinda lost and couldn’t say what people are better or worse. I’d always be looking for a reasion, why a civilisation has advantages, does something better, has something not.

Take for example art. You say that Greeks have some sort of better art? How come? Was it anything else but fortunate circumstance and random chance? In Germany for example, we have our great Goethe. He was naturally gifted with a lot of talents and a high intelligence. I think such individuals occur in any race or culture. Goethe, now, was lucky to be the son of a rich man. Had he been the son of a poor farmer, maybe his talents would’ve never been put to use, because he had not learned to read and write and had to work on the field all day, without any time to cultivate his talents. But his dad was rich, so he could support his kid. It’s like that today as well, even in rich cultures. If a kids parents are, let’s say… dumb, then the kid has a problem. We (my wife and I) support our son in anything, but we’re very smart and highly educated. So I have no doubt that in cultures that have to be considered more primitive and less advanced than other, such gifted kids occur too, just that they don’t (always) have the chance to put their talents to work.

So you see: I am totally unable to say that culture or race A is anyhow better than culture or race B. To me, it’s all the same, and wether one race is doing better, for example by measurable things like wealth and knowledge and health, etc., is mostly a question of circumstances, that have nothing to do with anything but luck. Chance.

Asking SD why his “culture” is better? “That’s the way it is”. That’s damn racism and SD is a damn racist. If you say that Greeks are better in expressing their spirit in art because that’s the way it is, then that’s indeed damn racism and you’re a damn racist. And it’d make indeed plausible why you don’t recognize SD’s racism and are supporting his viewpoints, instead of condemning them, as many around here do, btw.

Not even one single day I stopped dreaming about the arrival of the splendour of Ancient Greece, and though even today the fire of this dream is quite timid. I am just like Surya, a “critical idealist” in that sense.
What does that mean, the arrival of the splendour of Ancient Greece? What’s up with this vague phrases? What’s a “critical idealist”?

And you know what some rooty Greek people often historically blame when it comes to discussion? Neither Ottomans, nor Egyptians, but the very Roman empire itself, which were very good at plagiarism and plundering, just like its successors, the Anglo-Saxon world.
Blaming others is always convenient, I know. And it is, no doubt, difficult to elaborate how and why a culture goes this or that way. I am not at all familiar with history, the only piece of I know a lot (almost all) about is Nazi-Germany, and that’s about an enemy from within and a people betrayed by it’s leaders. It’s hard to judge for me how and why a cultures goes down due to being occupied by another. For example Greece: What’s been big in Greece is intellecutal stuff. Art, philosophy, science. So everything got stolen by the Romans? Then what? What does it mean? You had, I don’t know, some sort of artform. Then the Romans plagiated it. So…? What’s the problem…? Or you had a philosophy and the Romans overtook it. Then what? Or mathematical insights, the Romans took them: What’s the problem for Greece? First I’d think that the problem is, that Greece does not appear as superior to Rome anymore. Cuz the Romans now have the same advantages. For example when SD is whining about evil Westeners taking some method of making steel: So? What’s the problem? Then the evil Westeners make steel to. The Indians still can make steel themselves. I am in favor of sharing knowledge. Knowledge should be free for everybody. I think that’d do menkind good. n the other, though, hand do I understand that a lot of knowledge is only found out because those who find it out take/make the effort only because the expect profit from it. And finding knowledge also needs a lot of investments.

All very difficult, isn’t it? You can’t just say “those took our philosophy, it’s their fault we went down!”

Undoubtly a problem it is of course if material goods are stolen and freedom is surpressed. If I have nothing to eat, I die. So I can’t create art and be scientific. Sure. If educating a people’s kids is forbidden or so, that’s a bad thing too, cuz you need educated people to do things. But if we take India again, I see corrupt nation and one that spends a huge amount of money and menpower on the military, while people are poor and have no education. Sure you can understand that a nation that was conquered all over AD wants to have firepower finally. Yet I must ask, what’s more important, education and fed people or having nukes and whatnot.

It’s much more complex and difficult than depicted by nationalists and racists and, to use a mild word, “patriots”. If a nation is rich and has a lot of knowledge: Where does it all come from? And why not share that knowledge with thy neighbor? Why not share that wealth? No surprise if the neighbor drops by if he sees all the wealth and knowledge and luck, is it.

Etc. etc. :smiley:

I think Surya is exaggerating on many points, getting a bit emotional but try to empathise with this guy’s frustration with Westerners and their empricism rooted in Bacon’s idea that "knowledge is a power to rule and control."
You’re understating. SD is not a bit emotional, he’s in rage. He is full of hatred. And he lets it out on this forum, on people he did nothing wrong. Sure I know that hate creates hate, have you read anything I wrote in this thread. People who become rapists and murderers mostly had made similar experiences in their life too. But what would we do with someone who kills and hurts other on a daily base because he was hurt as a kid? Do we say “awwww, I understand you poor fellow, please, go ahead, and have a cookie too!”? No, we fucking stop them. And if there is no other way, we kill them dead with a club. That’s what we do, is it not? Please respond.

British came and raped his people, ripped them off, and did so many other bad stuff that even the new generation British people have come acknowledge in recent times.
Sure. Everybody acknowledges that. How often is it necessary to do so? I think I alone have done it at least a dozen times. It was bad bad bad. Evil evil evil. A shame. But again: I didn’t do it. And noone on this forum did it. And it was not SD who was raped. SD is a westerner himself, living in the west, benefiting from the rape of the land of his ancestors. What does a person like me owe a person like him? Nothing. No-thing. A kick in the nuts maybe, for being a damn racist. Yet I do continously express my compassion, it’s in this thread a bazillion times, you seem to miss all the good stuff, HighWolf:

[quote]Yoga is our product, based on 10,000 years of research and development from our tradition based on our epistemology and scientiic method and our theories and the work our scientists like Patanjali. And you’re using it If I tell you to drop it and take up gymnastics - you won’t. You need our superior science to make yourself better(you need a LOT of it)
No doubt!!! And you know who needs it even more? A hater like you. If finally the day will come that you pick your Guru (lol) and you finally can start your serious Sadhana (lol), and you will make progress, the day will come that you will feel like shit about your performance on this forum. You will break down and cry tears of regret one day. If you get to do a Sadhana at all. Maybe, if this board will still exist, you will come back here and beg for forgiveness. I’ll grant it to you. I know you hurt a lot, and I’m sorry for you. But - you’ll understand that later too - it’s really not the right way to just let you have your way without responding. It’s a burden to have to deal with you and I know how to judge those who refuse to take part in this duty. But it is also quite exhausting, particularly since we’re just on our way too, and as well not fathomless fountains of energy.[/quote]See? Racist shit is poured out over me and I forgive the damn racist and express my compassion. What else would you want me to do? Call the damn racism of the damn racist some fluffy atempt do balance an equation? What bullshit is that? An eye for an eye? Should I maybe kill myself and my family to balance the equation of rape and butchering? That’s fucking nonense. Dude. I’ve told SD what’s necessary: Forgiveness. Told him so ages ago, quoted in in this thread already, here it goes again:

And I go even further and do not even actually condemn those who do evil things, because I assume that something happened to them that made them do it or that they - father forgive them! - didn’t know what they were doing. Yet - if possible - they have to be stopped and their crimes have to be condemned, but noone wakes up one morning and decides that it’s time to become evil. I also do not condemn you and your sidekick for your attitudes, hate and violence creates hate and violence, it’s a story as old as life. I wish you had the strength and greatness to see through that circle and step out of it, I wish you could embrace the great teachings of Yoga and give up your hostility, that you could forgive “the West” it’s crimes and live peacefully and be constructive. You could be so constructive SD, you know so much about your culture and I would (“even”) be interested to learn from you. But your hatred distorts everything, and I know that I’d have to double-check all the information you provide, so as a source of information you’re worthless to me. Also is there no way for me to simply be a friend, as you think of me as inferior and evil and all that crap, so I’m stuck with my compassion and sympathy for your sufferings.
So? What else could I do? Name it!

In a sense, I see his attempt as trying to bring balance to the equation: Western scientists, philosophers and explorers started a narcisstic tradition of taking all the credits for themselves, as if those credits were the spoils of an intellectual war. From what I have seen Surya, he is very critical of this, having a post-colonialist philosophical stance, which is sound intellectual position. He wants intellectual justice
You forgot to answer me a question:

“Don’t you find it hilarious how he denies the West any achievment? Do you not?”

SD does that, he denies the West any achievement. Actually I could give a fuck what some crackpot on the internet says. There is no need for myself to argue with this guy. I could go with the attitude of self-righteous people like InnerAthlete and think this idiot isn’t worth wasting my time with him. But I don’t, I deal with his pain and take it serious, and I let him insult me and my family and I don’t even hate him for that. But what else could I do? Tell me. Don’t skip this question, what could I do? He says, Westerners are like animals and they have no scientific achievments. Then argues, the periodic table would be wrong and nonsense, and such. What do I do then? “Yes Sir, it’s all wrong, yes Sir, we’re monkeys, yes Sir, you are a holy god, yes Sir, I praise you”?

My ass. And not because I’m proud or anything, but because that simply the same fucking bullshit the poor lil fellow cries his heart out about all day long. He behaves just like the people that are resonsible for all his misery. And that’s a pity and it’s not at all suprising: He turned into what he hates. He actually hates himself, but just doesn’t notice it. So all I can do - in my opinion - is to grant him some of my time and show him, over and over again, in all patience, how and why he is a wrongdoer, and slowly lead him the way off the dark side and onto the right path. All people are equal. Noone is evil. People are seduced/mislead to do evil things, by circumstances. There is no “that’s the way it is”.

Is that not agreeable, Mr. Shaman-Wolf?

Hi Surya Deva,

History:

This is in response to Q’s older post. I had to go out, so I am posting it late.

Sigh, more than enough proof has been provided that you were backwards before the 18th century - and in science you’ve always been backwards, and still are. We have already looked at how backwards you are in the 21st century century trying to come to terms with the quantum and that physical reality does not exist(for most scientists who are honest about the empirical evidence, this is now fact). But let us look at previous centuries:

Up until the beginning of 19th century you were still grapping with what the physical world is made of, you thought it was made out of infinite objects in infinite space being acted on by forces, each object being made out of stuff that was infinitely divisible. The idea of atoms(thought it was presented by a lone Greek philosopher - who probably learned it from the Indians) did not even occur to you until Dalton. His idea of atoms were:

Wiki:

Elements are made of tiny particles called atoms.
The atoms of a given element are different from those of any other element; the atoms of different elements can be distinguished from one another by their respective relative atomic weights.
All atoms of a given element are identical.
Atoms of one element can combine with atoms of other elements to form chemical compounds; a given compound always has the same relative numbers of types of atoms.
Atoms cannot be created, divided into smaller particles, nor destroyed in the chemical process; a chemical reaction simply changes the way atoms are grouped together.

Dalton envisaged atoms to be like hard impermeable balls. They combined as binary atoms, then tertiary atoms etc Yet, we know his science is wrong because we know these atoms can be split. Furthermore, we have discovered the atom is mostly empty space. Still have found we can split the atoms of atoms even further.

In thermodynamics the very basic recognition of conservation of energy and light and heat were the same was not made until the late 19th century(and the recognition of the equivalence of energy and matter not until the 20th century) We knew about atoms, how atomic bonds break and form(under the effects of heat) chemical changes in new atomic, the states of matter of solid, liquid and gas as functions of the kinetic energy of the atoms and their atomic structure(binary atoms, tertiary atoms etc) Above all, we know atoms were not impermeable, but atoms had no magnitude at all, they were infintesimal points in space. Thus we knew visible atoms were not atoms, but aggregates of atoms and could be split further to release energy.

We knew heat, light, energy were the same element tejas(energy) In fact we even knew that all matter(all 5 elements) were transformations of the same primal matter.
We knew that matter was just condensed energy. Telsa noted this when he became aware of our theories of physics and resolved to prove that all matter came from the same primal matter of energy.

Vaiseshika sutras on thermodynamics:

1.1.9 A substance and quality will only originate other substances of the same class
2.1.6. Fluidity is the result of heat(or energy) conjunction, and is common to water, wax, lac, ghee etc
2.1.8 The fluidity of tin, gold, silver, iron, lead when conjoined with heat, become like water atoms
2.2.2 Heat is the property of the light element
5.2.5 The suns rays cause the evaporation of water atoms by conjunction with air atoms
5.2.6. Through the impress of the impulse(by the suns rays) the sun conjoins the water atoms with the air
5.2.7 The freezing and thawing of a substance is due to conjunction of(and absence of) heat
5.2.11 The cause of the sound of thunder is the conjunction of the water atoms with the air atoms to form a cloud and then the disjunction in the cloud

Tesla’s attempt to prove all matter was energy based on Vedic physics: The following is an excerpt from his unpublished article called Man’s Greatest Achievement:

“There manifests itself in the fully developed being , Man, a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives… Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.”

According to Swami Nikhilananda:
Nikola Tesla, the great scientist who specialized in the field of electricity, was much impressed to hear from the Swami his explanation of the Samkhya cosmogony and the theory of cycles given by the Hindus. He was particularly struck by the resemblance between the Samkhya theory of matter and energy and that of modern physics. The Swami also met in New York Sir William Thompson, afterwards Lord Kelvin, and Professor Helmholtz, two leading representatives of western science. Sarah Bernhardt, the famous French actress had an interview with the Swami and greatly admired his teachings. [8]
It was at a party given by Sarah Bernhardt that Nikola Tesla probably first met Swami Vivekananda. [9] Sarah Bernhardt was playing the part of ‘Iziel’ in a play of the same name. It was a French version about the life of Bhudda. The actress upon seeing Swami Vivekananda in the audience, arranged a meeting which was also attended by Nikola Tesla. In a letter to a friend, dated February 13th, 1896, Swami Vivekananda noted the following:
…Mr. Tesla was charmed to hear about the Vedantic Prana and Akasha and the Kalpas, which according to him are the only theories modern science can entertain…Mr Tesla thinks he can demonstrate that mathematically that force and matter are reducible to potential energy. I am to go see him next week to get this mathematical demonstration. [10]
Swami Vivekananda was hopeful that Tesla would be able to show that what we call matter is simply potential energy because that would reconcile the teachings of the Vedas with modern science. The Swami realized that “In that case, the Vedantic cosmology [would] be placed on the surest of foundations”. The harmony between Vedantic theories and and western science was explained by the following diagram:

BRAHMAN = THE ABSOLUTE
| |
| |
MAHAT OR ISHVARA = PRIMAL CREATIVE ENERGY
| |
±--------+ ±--------+
PRANA and AKASHA = ENERGY and MATTER

Tesla understood the Sanskrit terminology and philosophy and found that it was a good means to describe the physical mechanisms of the universe as seen through his eyes. It would behoove those who would attempt to understand the science behind the inventions of Nikola Tesla to study Sanskrit and Vedic philosophy. Tesla apparently failed to show the identity of energy and matter. If he had, certainly Swami Vivekananda would have recorded that occasion. The mathematical proof of the principle did come until about ten years later when Albert Einstein published his paper on relativity. What had been known in the East for the last 5,000 years was then known to the West.

http://www.vediccosmology.com/teslaandvivekananda1.html

Up until the 17th century you were still grapping with basic mechanics. You were using wrong theories of mechanics by Aristole who said an object always remains at rest, unless you move it and is at rest again, the velocity of an object is proportional to the density of the medium, an object travels faster in a low density material than low density material, and heavy object falls faster than a lighter object.

This is another of your “limts of validity” fallacie case. Aristotle said all that stuff because he was not aware of gravity, but his mechanics worked in the everyday basic context and even technology was created from it. Yet, we know his science is wrong - wrong, wrong wrong - Galileo proved it. His theory for why an arrow travels should win an imbecile award(arrows sail forward because they create a vacuum behind them, and because nature abhors a vacuum, it quickly fill it up and propels it along)

Meanwhile, we had correct mechanical theories. We knew about gravity, horizontal and vertical force vectors acting on an object, and momentum energy and velocity. And we knew exactly why an arrow sails forward because of Newton’s first law(an object will remain at rest or carry on in a straight line unless a force is applied) or and why it falls and follows a parabolic path. We knew all the laws of motion. We also know about consistuent atomic forces.

1.1.7 The common actions are throwing upwards, throwing donwards/falling, expansion, contraction and moving
1.1.17 The definition of an action is which causes conjunction and disjunction to a substance or object
1.1. 14 Every action is opposed by an equal reaction (Third law of Newtons)
1.1.20 Action is the common cause of conjunction(holding things together) disjunction(breaking things apart) and motion/momentum
1.1.23 Any substance is in fact constituted by parent substances(parent atoms, molecules)
1.1.30 Conjunction and disjunctions of any entity require the application of action(any kind of energy can be considered an action)
5.1.7 In the the absence of conjunction an object falls due to gravity
5.1.8 No upward or sidewards movements takes place without a strong application of action
5.1.9 The motion of an object is directly proportional to the action applied
5.1.14 Action takes place on grass due to conjunction with wind
5.1.15 The movement of the needle from the magnet is caused by an invisible action
5.1.16 Particular non-simultaneous conjunctions are the cause of the diversity of its actions
5.1.17 The action of the arrow is from the initial momentum energy(provided by the bow) and second action is through self-reproduction of the action, and in like manner the next and the next
5.1.18 Falling results from gravity causing loss of its self-production(i.e., its momentum energy) In modern language: the horizontal component of the arrow reduces, and the vertical component of gravity increases - causing it to lose its momentum and fall.

Up until the 16h century you still believed in a flat earth, with the sun, moon, planets and stars going around it. Copernicus presented a faulty model of the heliocentric solar system, which later corrected by Galileo and Kepler.

We knew from the very start that the sun is the centre of the solar system this is why we use to call it “guru” meaning heavy and one that others follow. In texts as old as the Vedas we find clear verses saying that the sun strings all the planets along and keep them fixed. The Brahmanas also assert the sun is always fixed in position, and never sets or rises.

The Aitareya Brahmana states “The Sun never sets nor rises. When people think the sun is setting, it is not so; they are mistaken.”

Yajnavalkya recognized that the Earth was round and believed that the Sun was “the centre of the spheres” as described in the Vedas at the time. His astronomical text Shatapatha Brahmana (8.7.3.10) stated: “The sun strings these worlds - the earth, the planets, the atmosphere - to himself on a thread.” He recognized that the Sun was much larger than the Earth, which would have influenced this early heliocentric concept. He also accurately measured the relative distances of the Sun and the Moon from the Earth as 108 times the diameters of these heavenly bodies, almost close to the modern measurements of 107.6 for the Sun and 110.6 for the Moon.

The real genius of Indian astronomy is the great Aryabhatta:

The Indian astronomer-mathematician Aryabhata in his magnum opus Aryabhatiya, propounded a mathematical heliocentric model in which the Earth was taken to be spinning on its axis and the periods of the planets were given with respect to a stationary Sun. He was also the first to discover that the light from the Moon and the planets were reflected from the Sun, and that the planets follow an elliptical orbit around the Sun, and thus propunded an eccentric elliptical model of the planets, on which he accurately calculated many astronomical constants, such as the times of the solar and lunar eclipses, and the instantaneous motion of the Moon (expressed as a differential equation). Bhaskara (1114-1185) expanded on Aryabhata’s heliocentric model in his treatise Siddhanta-Shiromani, where he mentioned the law of gravity, discovered that the planets don’t orbit the Sun at a uniform velocity, and accurately calculated many astronomical constants based on this model, such as the solar and lunar eclipses, and the velocities and instantaneous motions of the planets. Arabic translations of Aryabhata’s Aryabhatiya were available from the 8th century, while Latin translations were available from the 13th century, before Copernicus had written De revolutionibus orbium coelestium, so it’s quite likely that Aryabhata’s work had an influence on Copernicus’ ideas.

Aryabhata wrote that 1,582,237,500 rotations of the Earth equal 57,753,336 lunar orbits. This is an extremely accurate ratio of a fundamental astronomical ratio (1,582,237,500/57,753,336 = 27.3964693572), and is perhaps the oldest astronomical constant calculated to such accuracy.

http://www.indicstudies.us/Astronomy/

In conclusion: I could yet include more examples everything from discoveries in linguistics, logic, medine and surgery that you made in the 18th century, we made in 2000-1000BCE. Your Keplers, your Galileos, your Newtons, your Daltons all came to knowledge that by our standards is very ancient. Backwards. I got nothing against them and good Western scientists, visionaries, philosophers, they were intelligent people and could probably beat me at chess(which Hindus invented…) - but credit has to be given where it is due. If they were not the first to find the knowledge, then you have to acknowledge it.

The only area you are better in is technology - not science. You’ve always struggled in science. I also strongly have to question how original your discoveries are, because you are master plagiarizers. The very fact that all the above knowledge was already known in India for thousands of years, and then all of a sudden makes an appearance in Europe when Europe comes into contact with India raises strong suspicions. I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt - but it is hard to trust such compulsive plagiarisers…
there there. :wink:

You see, the point is that after all your claims of the superiority of Indian science and the backwardness of western science, for example (for example!), finding all chemical elements, for which you need all sorts of methods, because you’re dealing with literally all sorts of elements, is a great achievement. There is no way around this, my friend, no bombast can negate or obfuscate that. Sure you can simply deny that. One can deny anything. I deny I just wrote that, harhar. Quite simple. Yet, if you want to be taken serious in any remotely scientific environment, you will not say the periodic table is wrong or arbitrary. It’s perfectly accurate. It is applied every day, it is tought in every school and university every day, Western, Eastern, it’s proven to be correct every day by chemists all over the world. It’s a universal scientific truth. Do you know the Voyager Golden Record? I remembered a neat lil something about it:

In the upper left-hand corner is an easily recognized drawing of the phonograph record and the stylus carried with it. The stylus is in the correct position to play the record from the beginning. Written around it in binary arithmetic is the correct time of one rotation of the record, 3.6 seconds, expressed in time units of 0.70 billionths of a second, the time period associated with a fundamental transition of the hydrogen atom. The drawing indicates that the record should be played from the outside in. Below this drawing is a side view of the record and stylus, with a binary number giving the time to play one side of the record - about an hour.
Cuz it’s a universal scientific truth, butthead. To claim chemical elements would be irrelevant or arbitrary and the periodic table would be wrong and outdated is absurd. Who does so, can’t be taken serious.

The point, cuz you’re as usual evading evading evading cuz you’re a pathetic clown fooling stupid people, is that western people are smart too. Really. We’re not monkeys or so. Western science is not far behind ancient Indian scriptures. It’s far ahead. Seriously. :wink: Spiritually it’s surely different, western spirituality is quite depleted and never was as rich as that of India. Agreed. More you ain’t getting, sorry. :wink:

[quote]but Sd, it’s just rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics next to rethorics. “Haw haw, Q does not know latest science”. Sure I do.

Nah, you don’t. Otherwise you would know quantum physics has long said “Goodbye to reality”[/quote]Dude, science that says goodbye to reality. That statement alone is hilarious. And I know that chemical elements aren’t the innermost parts of matter, everybody knows that. It’s pathetic rethorics of a lousy and unfair debater to suggest that wouldn’t be the case.

Otherwise you would know that studies into OBES, psychic abilities, past lives has produced tons of positive and hard empirical evidence. Otherwise you would know consciousness studies.

Face it, you are backwards. You are clinging to a worldview thats 325 years old. You can claim to be a supporter of science as much as you want, but the intelligent person can see that you ain’t no supporter of science, but rather you are protecting what you learned at school - and you are finding it very hard to fathom and digest that everything you learned at school about science was wrong. This is an ego thing for you, not a science thing.

[quote]Sure I talk about a 142 year old periodic table. Question: Why do talk about the lastest theory of physics quantum theory and string theoray and the latest classificiation of fundamental building blocks of matter in response?

Hmm, let me think very hard about this for a milisecond…because they are the latest and cutting edge in physics, and we have falsified all old physical theories. Keep up with the times. We no longer believe in more than half of the things we believed in 100 years ago in physics, forget 325 years ago.

Your problem is you’re a simpleton when it comes to science. You do not question any of the assumptions and definitions in your theories or flaws in your methodology - you simply take at face value whatever you learn at school. [/quote]Rethorics, rethorics, rethorics. Sorry sweety, there is no proof. Sorry. I know it sounds cool. Maybe, who knows, it even works. But you can’t do it, I can’t do it, noone you know can do it, noone who reads this can, noone knows someone who can. And particularly, there is no scientific proof I missed. Again: So sorry. If I’m wrong, feel free to teleport into my room. :wink:

It’s, though, don’t get me wrong, perfectly ok to believe in such things, and again, while I’m not a believer overall, I don’t even say it’d be impossible. Maybe it is possible. But there is no proof, just fairy tales in ancient scriptures, as there are many. Devils and demons and gods, angels. Superpowers, flying machines coming down from heaven. Is it all true? :slight_smile: I already had asked you the question, why great Yogis who acquired Siddhis would not show them. You did not reply, wanna try this time? Why is there no single Yogi just teleporting around or flying or doing something outstanding? REading minds, becoming invisble? Why is that not happening?

Who says, there is proof, it’d be a scientific fact, is either victim of false knowledge (like I’d assume that of YogiDiva) or a liar, what I suspect you to be.

However, I too think that we’ve reached a dead end here, so I finally note, that I still notice very well what you do not reply to, for example all the bullshit about my mindset that would have to change. That you are not ashamed of yourself, I cannot believe. You claim to meditate: How can you bring the movements of your mind to a rest? There’s no way. You must live in your very own personal hell. Poor SD… :frowning:

Wake up. You want a Guru, don’t you? You know what they say about the Guru? He or she will appear, when the Sadhaka is ready. You don’t pick your Guru like a lollypop in the candy-shop. The Guru picks you when you’ve evolved enough to become a suitable vessel for their teaching. You think a Guru will pick a hater and liar like yourself? Sorry, not gonna happen. You have to change first. A lot. Start today.

I love how you guys think there is either a “Western” science or an “Indian” science. There are no such things.

What is different are the contributions different civilizations made in these areas.

Western developments in science/math arose with the filtering of knowledge through the Muslim world. The Muslims, in turn, burrowed much from the Chinese, the Greeks, and Indians, improved upon what they took considerably, and invented numerous new concepts on their own.

This is also the case with “Western” math and science. Westerners developed [B]MANY[/B] new concepts based on more fundamental concepts discovered by previous civilizations.

Everyone, to various degrees, gets the credit for scientific discoveries. It is pointless to talk about which civilization is superior in terms of math and science.

Quetzalcoatl, the reason we Indians did not develop such technology first was because we were too busy trying to keep ourselves from being exploited by Europeans and Muslims.

The Chinese chose to shut themselves off from the rest of world as they felt “the barbarians” had nothing to offer China. This ruined their chances of industrial development, and trust me, they had the BIGGEST chance for industrial development out of any civilization on Earth in the centuries before the 17th.

If you study Japanese history, you will find MANY parallels with Europe. Japan, at one point, was divided into fiefdoms and kingdoms run by those subservient to the Shogun. The Japanese were also developing some of the most advanced firearms in the world in another era. By the Tokugawa Shogunate however, they completely isolated themselves from the rest of the world in order to take care of domestic issues.

The West developed everything they did from the mass profits created by colonialism and imperialism (a.k.a piracy, exploitation, conquest, etc). Better economy = development/progress. Everything was handed to them on a platter; when they needed to conquer a nation, they found it weakened by internal forces or external conflicts. There is no pride to be gained from this.

Ultimately, there is no denying the progress you guys made. Even I, a dedicated math and physics student, can’t deny it. Always remember, however, the price at which these developments were bought.

Hi Nietzsche,

I love how you guys think there is either a “Western” science or an “Indian” science. There is no such things.

What is different is the contributions different civilizations made in these areas.
I fully agree with you, science is science. Therefore I find it additionally hilarious that Surya Deva thinks that one could “invent” logic or math etc.

However, when I say Western Science or Indian Science, I mean scientific findings made bei westerners or Indians. SD thinks there is a more significant difference, you know, secret uber-science, that western minds can’t understand. Cuz we’re like animals. :roll:

Quetzalcoatl, the reason we Indians did not develop such technology first was because we were too busy trying to keep ourselves from being exploited by Europeans and Muslims.
That’s not perfectly accurate: The reason why Indians did not develop the technology is, that you did not develop the necessary science. That India did not develop the necessary science is surely because it was conquered a lot. The point is, that Surya Deva claims that India had a science that was superior to current modern science in x-thousand BC. He says, the technology wasn’t built because Indians didn’t want to.

The West developed everything they did from the mass profits created by colonialism and imperialism (a.k.a piracy, exploitation, conquest, etc). Better economy = development/progress. Everything was handed to them on a platter; when they needed to conquer a nation, they found it weakened by internal forces or external conflicts. There is no pride to be gained from this.
Noone is proud of war and crimes around here. However, if you for example take the history of chemistry, you see that it was not at all depending on colonialism and imperialism. Same counts for physics, neither of the Newtonian age, nor Einsteins findings, nor quantum mechanics. Einstein sat around in his patent-office and developed the theory of relativity. Because he had a brilliant mind.

Namaste Quetzalcoatal,

Let us first look at the rather presumptious claims you are making about myself without actually knowing me in person.

[U][B]“You are a racist”[/B][/U]

Can you provide any evidence where I have said that I think a certain race of people are inferior? You will find nothing like this, but rather you will find contrary statements to your claim such as “I have nothing against Western people”, “A growing number of Western people are becoming more spiritual” “I think more highly of Western people I meet, than Indian people today”

How do you reconcile the absolute absence of any statements claming my race to be superior and contrary statements with your claim?

High_Wolf is correct, I am a cultural supremist. Culture + supremist is the position that a particular culture is superior to all other cultures. You have been keeping track all my posts and threads, and you will know I made it very clear that I want Hindu-dharmic culture to become the global culture of this world and replace Western-Abrahamic culture. If your claim was true that I am racist, then how could I be both a globalist cultural supremist and a racist at the same time? If I was racist I would say the opposite, no? A racist would say, “Others races are naturally inferior, do not mix with them, they cannot be like us ever because of their natural inferiority”

Yet, virtually 90% of all my friends are Caucasian. About 80% of my partners have been Cauasian. Moreover, they are all aware I hold anti-Western and anti abrahamic views. I joke to my friend who is very biassed to Abrahamic culture when we go to the bookstore in the religion section and he goes off to read Abrahamic books, “You’re in the false religion section again” Yet we are the bestest of friends, always go out together, and feel like we can tell each other anything. I sometimes joke he was my dad in a past life. That is because he is very parental towards me and looks after me.

I have not made any of my anti-Western-Abrahamic views secret to anybody. Even in university I was very bold and my professor knew of my views. In fact my professor made his views clear to me that only the Greeks did philosophy and he finds all of Indian philosophy(Hinduism + Buddhism) hippiedom and the root of children today taking drugs and become apathetic and lazy…

Yet you are the only one so far who has branded me a racist for this. A cultural supremist indeed; a Hindu supremist, totally, a proud Indian, sort of. Above all though a humanist and globalist - but racist? Heck no. I think racism is the most abominable thing. My heart bleeds for Native Americans and Australian aborigines etc, as much as it does for Indians.

I cannot stand racism, whether it is done to a white, black, brown or yellow person. Okay, I have a slight rivalry with the Chinese as China is India’s rival - but put me together with a Chinese person and I will treat them the same as any race.

[B][U]“I am angry and full of hate” [/U][/B]

This is funny to me, because I am probably one of the most easy going, happy-go-lucky people I know. Many people who would me would agree. I am passionate indeed, and yes I do have the odd day where I have frustrations, but on the whole people find it easy to get on me with me because of my easy goingness.

I am definitely not seething with hate and anger against the West. I don’t get up in the morning and watch re-runs of Indian patriotic films :smiley: I don’t want to exact revenge on the people living today - I find your comments funny that I want you and your family to suffer for the sins of your forefathers - heck no, you are not the ones that raped my ancestors - you are an innocent citizen. If I met you on the street the first time I would act with you exactly as I would with anybody. I will not treat you any less or any more.

However, do I hate your culture? Hate is a very strong word because it suggests I am burning inside and slitting my wrists from the pain of the fact your culture reigns supreme today HAHA. No way, but do I think your culture has passed it sell by date and needs to get off the stage? Absolutely. You know what is very ironic - a lot of my Caucasian friends agree with me.

Now that I have answered these rather silly claims you have made about me based on nothing else but pure presumption, let us get back to discussing culture, science, technology :wink:

I fully agree with you, science is science. Therefore I find it additionally hilarious that Surya Deva thinks that one could "invent" logic or math etc.

Yep. The problem in Western schools is that this is EXACTLY how math, science, and history are presented; in favor of the West. This is why I constantly say the West is supremacist and racist. What do you expect when such supremacy is indirectly being reinforced even in schools?

That's not perfectly accurate: The reason why Indians did not develop the technology is, that you did not develop the necessary science. That India did not develop the necessary science is surely because it was conquered a lot. The point is, that Surya Deva claims that India had a science that was superior to current modern science in x-thousand BC. He says, the technology wasn't built because Indians didn't want to.

No. This is not accurate. You are injecting Western supremacist bias into this by suggesting we were inherently inferior in our methodology. The reason that India did not develop the necessary math and science is because we were repeatedly conquered by Muslims and Europeans. Conquests create internal strife, social instability, and a fragmentation of national unity. Even then, considerable developments were made by certain Indian schools of thought throughout history. In the 14-15th century, for example, Indian mathematicians were already developing what we know now as Rolle's theorem, the Taylor-MacLaurian series, and trigonometric summations for the value of pi (which, if I remember correctly, was accurate up to 10+ decimal places). The Muslim world was also playing an even greater role in developing Calculus around the same time periods.

Here is a summary of the major historical developments in mathematics. Keep in mind that the dates given for Indian contributions are Eurocentric.

What Surya Deva says is partly true and false. India had considerable mining, agricultural, textile, and manufacturing technology for its time, just like China.

However, one must also take into account the anti-materialist emphasis in our culture. It is true that, at times, potential technology was not produced when it was deemed to be destructive to societal and cultural bonds.

By the time Spain had gotten enough sense to unify their nation, the world was basically one big sitting duck. Muslim empires were becoming increasingly unstable, from the Mughal to the Fatamid, and Ming China and Japan were shutting themselves off from the rest of the world. It wasn't very difficult then to combine all the knowledge they had gained from other civilizations from the Renaissance and on with the mass profits being gained by the conquest of the New World to start developing technologies, science, and math the rest of the world did not.

Noone is proud of war and crimes around here. However, if you for example take the history of chemistry, you see that it was not at all depending on colonialism and imperialism. Same counts for physics, neither of the Newtonian age, nor Einsteins findings, nor quantum mechanics. Einstein sat around in his patent-office and developed the theory of relativity. Because he had a brilliant mind.

I hate to say it, but Westerners don't seem to care one bit that the reason the rest of the world is so depraved and poor is because the West enslaved them and looted from them for centuries.

Oh yeah, I watched Ice Road Truckers when they went to India. Man, you guys can't drive. And you need to do something about those roads.
These are the kind of comments I get every day about my people, my religion, my culture...This includes you.

I wouldn't have a problem forgiving the West if the present generation would just take the time to pick up a history book and give up their supremacy and ignorance.

That wasn't my point. Here:

Imperialism + Colonialism + Mercantilism = $$
$$ = national development
National Development = Development in culture (arts, science, whatever)

Newton and Einstein wouldn't have done what they did if they were growing up in huts and shacks, unaware of the world around them.

They wouldn't have developed what they did if it wasn't for the knowledge that flowed into Europe from the Muslim world that triggered the Renaissance and so forth.

Almost everything that Europe excelled (compared to the rest of the world_ in has an indirect link to the rise of Europe/U.S which in turn has a link to their exploitative and belligerent foreign policies.

In Conclusion:

1. The West did not invent everything from logic to science. This also applies to the Chinese, Indians, Greeks, Romans, etc.

2. There is no such thing as a "Western" or "Indian" science.

3. The West did not accomplish what they did because their methods were inherently superior but because of the unique historical circumstances that allowed for their growth and development.

4. Can we all just end this pointless discussion in a thread for discussing the nature of "Enlightenment"? Can't we all just pick up a history book?