Why are Yoga & Hinduism Classes Taught by non-Hindus (mlecchas)?

[QUOTE=kareng;61910]Yep, relax, take a chill pill…chill in the still, watch your Uranus, its out for trouble…[/QUOTE]

Blah blah blah.

I stick to Physics and Calculus, not some mystic nonsense.

In fact, the only thing I will be watching out for is this Australian’s discovery of the “location,” so to speak, of dark energy/matter.

I got interested in Samkhya-Yoga philosophy because it is rational and seemed more suitable for western minds than the idealistic Vedanta. I also like yoga for the health benefits. But then you have these nimrods trying to say that Hindus need to be in charge of all things remotely related to Yoga and Hinduism. They’re actually trying to impose their caste system on us.

It is true that at some time in the remote past there was a melding of two cultures, the rational and relatively more civilized people, from which the Samkhya originated were dominated by the relatively less civilized people who were obsessed with the worship of naturalistic gods. The insistence that there could be no divergence from the Vedas was the action of a conquering people. This is still being perpetuated to this day with the insistence that there was never any convergence of cultures, and that only caste Hindus are qualified in the areas of yoga and philosophy.

Yoga and the philosophies that originated in India are not the property of any religion. We are free to study and interpret them as we see fit. I still find Yoga and Samkhya-Yoga philosophy to have some value, but you can keep Hinduism. I don’t want it.

[QUOTE=Asuri;61918]I got interested in Samkhya-Yoga philosophy because it is rational and seemed more suitable for western minds than the idealistic Vedanta. I also like yoga for the health benefits. But then you have these nimrods trying to say that Hindus need to be in charge of all things remotely related to Yoga and Hinduism. They’re actually trying to impose their caste system on us.

It is true that at some time in the remote past there was a melding of two cultures, the rational and relatively more civilized people, from which the Samkhya originated were dominated by the relatively less civilized people who were obsessed with the worship of naturalistic gods. The insistence that there could be no divergence from the Vedas was the action of a conquering people. This is still being perpetuated to this day with the insistence that there was never any convergence of cultures, and that only caste Hindus are qualified in the areas of yoga and philosophy.

Yoga and the philosophies that originated in India are not the property of any religion. We are free to study and interpret them as we see fit. I still find Yoga and Samkhya-Yoga philosophy to have some value, but you can keep Hinduism. I don’t want it.[/QUOTE]

More illogical and wholly misinformed bullshit and a complete misinterpretation of our points.

Of course, as you are a Westerner, I’m not surprised that you think our culture should be subjugated by non-Indians. Is this not a global caste system? Or it is fine since its “civilized” white people doing it this time around?

Your “interpretation” of Indian history is wrong. There was no AIT. There were no “civilized” philosophical Hindus and “uncivilized” Bhakti people (but in a retarded white man’s thinking, there is). No one thinks that Yoga should be taught by “caste Hindus” (whatever the hell that means).

Until you develop the brain mass to pick up an unbiased history book and read it, and respect our culture, GTFO and stop learning about our ways.

We Hindus will always know more about our culture than a white man ever will.

[QUOTE=Asuri;61918]
Yoga and the philosophies that originated in India are not the property of any religion. We are free to study and interpret them as we see fit. I still find Yoga and Samkhya-Yoga philosophy to have some value, but you can keep Hinduism. I don’t want it.[/QUOTE]

And Surya Deva wants to “educate” the West, even though its full of retards like this…thing.

Samkhya and Yoga are indeed the property of the religious, cultural, and societal fabric known as Sanatana Dharma. I suggest you stop fighting this fight; we will always win this one.

It is however, not the property of Indian Hindus. Everyone is free to learn it.

However, the considerable retardation and racism in the West is Hindus to rethink the viability of civilizing white people by imparting our ways onto them. What else do you expect us to think when excrement-for-brains people like this guy think “Yoga predates Hinduism,” and so on.

Sankhya and yoga are the fruit that grow in the Hindu tree.

I have only one thing to add. We are free to study and interpret the philosophy as we see fit, that is, without the Hindu spin, and we will.

There’s no Hindu “spin” on yoga, just like there is no mathematical “spin” on calculus. Yoga is Hindu in its nature.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;61751]Me!

Oh, and one of the fellas down the street from me. Him too!

[/QUOTE]

A stray dog on the streets of India is more spiritually advanced than vermin like you.

[QUOTE=kareng;61907]Nietzches,…and barbarians…you are funny at times…Dribbling nonsense about the west, you hindu…,well …

I know and have known Indian English teachers…does this mean they shouldn’t be teaching English chaps? Oh Yes and this must apply to all cultures that adopt other cultures ways, habits, sports, religeons etc etc…

So we can do away with bringing all nations together. We can forget about communications with all other cultures unless it is in their language and their reply, in ours.

We will all stick to our own cultures ways, and in doing so, take a few steps backwards.

Oh yes, and all people must live in the country of their fathers, shall we say?[/QUOTE]

Comparing teaching a mundane subject like English to teaching Yoga/Hinduism is like comparing Lego building to teaching aerospace engineering. And, English is a cake-walk compared to even Hindi. LOL…

[QUOTE=Asuri;61918]Yoga and the philosophies that originated in India are not the property of any religion.[B] We are free to study and interpret them as we see fit.[/B] I still find Yoga and Samkhya-Yoga philosophy to have some value, but you can keep Hinduism. I don’t want it.[/QUOTE]

No you are not. It is the cultural treasure of India and Hindus so only they are qualified to do so.

Samkhya, Yoga, and everything related to that like Ayurveda etc. are all part of Hinduism.

[QUOTE=Asuri;61936]I have only one thing to add. We are free to study and interpret the philosophy as we see fit, that is, without the Hindu spin, and we will.[/QUOTE]

No you cannot and you will not. Whatever you “spin” it to be, it won’t be considered authentic anyway so go ahead and keep barking till your throats are dry and hands are tired, you cannot alter the truth.

And, your name is so apt; just like your asuric nature.

You have made some good points in this thread, but you are destroying all that with your childish insults. Please continue to make good arguments, instead of trying to annoy other members.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;61937]There’s no Hindu “spin” on yoga, just like there is no mathematical “spin” on calculus. Yoga is Hindu in its nature.[/QUOTE]

Excellently stated. Pithy and to the point.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;61943]Don’t be a dick, TTA. You have made some good points in this thread, but you are destroying all that with your childish insults.[/QUOTE]

bah… edited… calmed down… need to do some Yoga to calm myself… hahahhaha

It depends what the purpose of your posts are. Do you want to share your knowledge, educate and dispell misinformation or do you just want to annoy people? I know it can be frustrating to share knowledge about authentic yoga and Hinduism with people who make up their own facts as they go.

Many people already feel insulted just because Hindus stand up and correct misinformation about yoga and other Hindu subjects. Insulting people is just going to add salt on their wounds.

[QUOTE=TatTvamAsi;61938]A stray dog on the streets of India is more spiritually advanced than vermin like you.[/QUOTE]

Zeig heil! Raus mit sweinhunt! Schnell!

Say, while we’re on the subject Tats baby. Why are there so many stray dogs in such an enlightened country?

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;61947]It depends what the purpose of your posts are. Do you want to share your knowledge, educate and dispell misinformation or do you just want to annoy people? I know it can be frustrating to share knowledge about authentic yoga and Hinduism with people who make up their own facts as they go.[/QUOTE]

Well, that’s a good question. I’m not here to “educate” anyone. Especially these idiots who think some dead jew on a stick was a saint. I was asked by someone to join this forum to combat the misconceptions these turds have against Hinduism/India so I joined. I already deal with enough d-bags asking me what the “dot” on my forehead is when I’m actually wearing pattai vibhuti (3 lines across my forehead as I’m a Smarta). I just tell them they can’t understand it and move on.

I have no interest in educating mlecchas. They are not meant for or deserving of the glorious knowledge and philosophy of Hinduism/Yoga. That’s why even when they try it for years, they end up being more egotistical than when they started out. The entire purpose of yoga is lost on them.

[QUOTE=TatTvamAsi;61950]Well, that’s a good question. I’m not here to “educate” anyone. Especially these idiots who think some dead jew on a stick was a saint. I was asked by someone to join this forum to combat the misconceptions these turds have against Hinduism/India so I joined. I already deal with enough d-bags asking me what the “dot” on my forehead is when I’m actually wearing pattai vibhuti (3 lines across my forehead as I’m a Smarta). I just tell them they can’t understand it and move on.

I have no interest in educating mlecchas. They are not meant for or deserving of the glorious knowledge and philosophy of Hinduism/Yoga. That’s why even when they try it for years, they end up being more egotistical than when they started out. The entire purpose of yoga is lost on them.[/QUOTE]

Buddy, if you are yoga, then there are millions - brown, white, red, black and yellow - who have gone down the wrong path.

Now, on ignore and hopefully never to smell your negative BO. Good luck on whatever journey you are on.

With the exception of Sarvamangalamangala, the responses here are indicative of what I’m talking about. Anyone who deviates from the party line is subjected to the most hateful, violent, and abusive treatment. Apparently I know more about your history than you do, since you don’t know who Asuri was. I promised myself I would walk away from this rats nest. Let’s see if I have any self discipline.

[QUOTE=Asuri;61936]I have only one thing to add. We are free to study and interpret the philosophy as we see fit, that is, without the Hindu spin, and we will.[/QUOTE]

Well said Sarva.

Asuri, idiots like you can interpret our teachings however they want. But always remember that what you say has no bearing on the larger Indian cultural, societal, and religious context.