Why are Yoga & Hinduism Classes Taught by non-Hindus (mlecchas)?

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;61947]It depends what the purpose of your posts are. Do you want to share your knowledge, educate and dispell misinformation or do you just want to annoy people? I know it can be frustrating to share knowledge about authentic yoga and Hinduism with people who make up their own facts as they go.

Many people already feel insulted just because Hindus stand up and correct misinformation about yoga and other Hindu subjects. Insulting people is just going to add salt on their wounds.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

However, its sometimes necessary to show that we Hindus are no pushovers. We won’t let Westerners and other ignorant filth walk over us like they did a couple decades ago.

[QUOTE=Asuri;61961]With the exception of Sarvamangalamangala, the responses here are indicative of what I’m talking about. Anyone who deviates from the party line is subjected to the most hateful, violent, and abusive treatment. Apparently I know more about your history than you do, since you don’t know who Asuri was. I promised myself I would walk away from this rats nest. Let’s see if I have any self discipline.[/QUOTE]

You will never know more Indian history than me, lol. I know more history than most people on this forum, period.

Besides, retard, no history is taught in terms of its religious and cultural development, just as European history is not taught in terms of its “Christian” history, or Japanese history taught in terms of its “Shinto” or “Buddhist” history.

Can you tell me the name of the region where the Nanda empire originated? No? LAWLZ

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;61949]Zeig heil! Raus mit sweinhunt! Schnell!

Say, while we’re on the subject Tats baby. Why are there so many stray dogs in such an enlightened country?[/QUOTE]

Because we don’t believe in herding them all into shelters and giving them lethal shots if they are not adopted in time?

LOL.

How old are you again, wrinkly old red neck? or 52? Either way, you won’t be living much longer (thankfully).

[QUOTE=TatTvamAsi;61950]Well, that’s a good question. I’m not here to “educate” anyone. Especially these idiots who think some dead jew on a stick was a saint. I was asked by someone to join this forum to combat the misconceptions these turds have against Hinduism/India so I joined. I already deal with enough d-bags asking me what the “dot” on my forehead is when I’m actually wearing pattai vibhuti (3 lines across my forehead as I’m a Smarta). I just tell them they can’t understand it and move on.

I have no interest in educating mlecchas. They are not meant for or deserving of the glorious knowledge and philosophy of Hinduism/Yoga. That’s why even when they try it for years, they end up being more egotistical than when they started out. The entire purpose of yoga is lost on them.[/QUOTE]

VERY VERY well said.

This forum is FULL of egotistical and delusional people who think they are spiritual or enlightened just because they have read our scriptures. Examples are Shithead Penguin, Amir Mourad, Asuric Asuri, and so forth.

You guys have already seen what the wrinkly ass old coot has said. Now let me show what “hateful and vile” statements Asuric Asuri has said about India and Indians.

And quit twisting my words, you punk. I didn’t say that Indians only own the Dunkin Donuts and 7 11’s, I said they own ALL of them.

Oh yeah, I watched Ice Road Truckers when they went to India. Man, you guys can’t drive. And you need to do something about those roads.

Well, I never thought much about Hindus at all, but if I were to base my opinion on the two of you, I’d have to say that Hindus are arrogant, egotistical, nasty little eggheads, bigots, haters, and BS artists, although Surya Deva has mellowed a little.

Surya Deva, forget your visions of enlightening the West. It won’t work. The Western world has a barbaric culture and its people are the most ignorant, hateful, racist, mentally retarded, and bigoted people who ever existed in human history. We should be discrediting them, not educating them.

Their ignorance is destroying them day by day. Let them all die the inglorious death they deserve.

[QUOTE=TatTvamAsi;61939]Comparing teaching a mundane subject like English to teaching Yoga/Hinduism is like comparing Lego building to teaching aerospace engineering. And, English is a cake-walk compared to even Hindi. LOL…[/QUOTE]

Whilst agreeing that their two are far apart, the principle stands.

The English language belongs to the English people. It has spread worldwide, as we know, and some people attempt to speak it well but there are many who don’t. We could go into this in depth…the fact remains that I often hear and see the English language being used incorrectly.

Yoga belongs to the Hindus…they are just going to have to get used to Westerners interpreting and practising it, their way, making errors along the way, misunderstanding much, or, perhaps getting it right!!!

Most people I know who take up Yoga with little understanding of it know one thing…Yoga comes from India… The people thinking this love the fact it is Indian and that they can be a part of something great that has come from India…you all have it wrong!

The reason you have it wrong is because you are allowing an [B]unnecessary[/B] chip on your shoulder,to grow, and, I find this embarrassing… You don’t realise that the educated West have a deep respect for Hindu Yoga, for India and for Indian people. We in the west have to cope with ignorance just as you do in the East, but where do you place yourselves? doesn’t your approach put you in the ignorant category?

And what happened to generosity of spirit? Where have you misplaced that?

Surya Deva, forget your visions of enlightening the West. It won’t work. The Western world has a barbaric culture and its people are the most ignorant, hateful, racist, mentally retarded, and bigoted people who ever existed in human history. We should be discrediting them, not educating them.

Their ignorance is destroying them day by day. Let them all die the inglorious death they deserve.[/QUOTE]

No Surya, don’t forget your visions…your visions are for the good and important. You are heading on the right track, IMHO.

And no, the West is not a barbaric culture. All wrong can be corrected, but not with hate. It is hate that causes barbaric behaviour.

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;61916]You mean the Truth about the West…the Truth butt-hurt Westerners are unwilling to see about themselves.

Don’t be illogical. Languages and general knowledge are distinct from cultural practices. You can’t just superficially “teach” a cultural practice without the right foundation.

And now you are misunderstanding me. Bringing together nations isn’t a problem so long as they aren’t slaving under Western capitalist corporations and other monied interests.

Bringing together people isn’t a problem as long as there is respect and understanding.

Bringing together cultures isn’t a problem so long as there is empathy.

Seeing that none of the above apply to the Western world, it is only logical to re-evaluate the manner in which the rest of the world associates itself with the destructive and oppressive West.

P.S: The world was much better off when everyone was doing their own thing, sticking to their own cultures. Then came the Westerners, who fucked you cant superficiallyup everything and now expect the rest of the world to bow-down to their cultural and economic imperialism. That ain’t gonna happen.[/QUOTE

No its not illogical…the English language belongs to the West and not the East and yet many in the East have adopted it as a second language and changed aspects of it to suit…You cant superficially teach English without the correct foundations, if it is to be learned correctly.This is no different to Yoga. It can either be taught well, or not.

If one doesn’t already exist, perhaps there should be a Hindu board of Governors that give their approval of Yoga studios practising Hindu Yoga and a separate body for studios that wish to practice it their way’ This would ensure that Hindu Yoga is kept in the limelight it deserves. Now go and do something constructive with your growing anger and set one up. I guess that many will want the Hindu studios 1st, I know I would. Perhaps those deeply religious Christians say, might prefer the non Hindu one.

The flaws of mankind are still clearly evident across the world. You are imagining you can fix this with your approach?

Your last statement is exactly why I said you are not wanting to bring people closer together but are taking steps backwards. And, you will find yourself somewhat alone in your views when India fully gets on the money bandwagon which is happening as we speak.

I think you are doing an injustice to India by assuming that India will not do well with what is chooses to adopt as a financial structure for India. India will adapt itself as it sees fit. It will discard what doesn’t work for its people and embrace what it knows will enhance its peoples lives.

In time, you may even see the West practising Yoga more than the East…this has been discussed before, I know. It is the end of the Dharma as we know it and this is what needs to be addressed. The way to present the Dharma to fit in this new age.

Astrology…as a long time practitioner I can tell you with confidence that this new age will not be embracing religions or anything that divides us…now put your thinking cap on Neeches !!

Whilst agreeing that their two are far apart, the principle stands.

The English language belongs to the English people. It has spread worldwide, as we know, and some people attempt to speak it well but there are many who don’t. We could go into this in depth…the fact remains that I often hear and see the English language being used incorrectly.

Yes. The only reason English is spoken worldwide is because the British pillaged 25% of the world’s landmass and had an ocean-wide empire. But what’s your point?

Yoga belongs to the Hindus…they are just going to have to get used to Westerners interpreting and practising it, their way, making errors along the way, misunderstanding much, or, perhaps getting it right!!!

No, we don’t have to get “used” to it. This is a freaking culture we are talking about, not a language. If there’s ignorance about it, we have to fix that. Spreading one’s cultural practices is nothing more than the spreading tolerance and harmony.

For example, Westerners going around practicing diluted Yoga and being racist towards Indians is a problem that it is all too often seen on these forums; you can’t expect us to get “used” to that; it must be corrected. Need I remind you what has happened to India for the past 1000+ years when it wanted to mind its own business?

Kareng, if you saw me using improper English in my posts, I too would expect you to reprimand me for my horrible conventions.

Most people I know who take up Yoga with little understanding of it know one thing…Yoga comes from India… The people thinking this love the fact it is Indian and that they can be a part of something great that has come from India…you all have it wrong!

No one is saying they can’t be a part of it; all we ask is that you show us some greater respect and understanding for our culture, our present condition, and our ways. Going around saying that “Yoga isn’t Hindu” or that “Yoga predates Hinduism” is insulting and demeaning to every single Indian Hindu on the planet.

You don’t realise that the educated West have a deep respect for Hindu Yoga, for India and for Indian people. We in the west have to cope with ignorance just as you do in the East, but where do you place yourselves? doesn’t your approach put you in the ignorant category?

And what happened to generosity of spirit? Where have you misplaced that?

They don’t Kareng, and that’s the sad truth. Most educated Westerners are intellectually dogmatic and erroneously see India/Hinduism as a pathetic and dying civilization ruled by religious dogma.

Not with respect to this context, no. We are not ignorant in these matters; when we say Westerners don’t deserve to learn our ways, we say it with a deep understanding of history and Western society.

For over 300 years, we Hindus have attempted to spread our ways to create understanding; the result has been more ignorance and hatred.

The truth is that the West can never become spiritual or enlightened unless it lets go of its destructive ways, beginning with Christianity and white supremacy and down to economic systems such as capitalism. But we all know that Hell may as well freeze over before such a thing ever happens.

[QUOTE=kareng;62015]Surya Deva, forget your visions of enlightening the West. It won’t work. The Western world has a barbaric culture and its people are the most ignorant, hateful, racist, mentally retarded, and bigoted people who ever existed in human history. We should be discrediting them, not educating them.

Their ignorance is destroying them day by day. Let them all die the inglorious death they deserve.[/QUOTE]

No Surya, don’t forget your visions…your visions are for the good and important. You are heading on the right track, IMHO.

And no, the West is not a barbaric culture. All wrong can be corrected, but not with hate. It is hate that causes barbaric behaviour.[/QUOTE]

The West indeed has a barbaric culture; even a cursory glance at a history book can tell you that and I have been studying world history for years now.

All wrong cannot possibly be fully corrected; all wrongs can be lessened through various means, sometimes through love, sometimes through hate and violence.

No its not illogical…the English language belongs to the West and not the East and yet many in the East have adopted it as a second language and changed aspects of it to suit…You cant superficially teach English without the correct foundations, if it is to be learned correctly.This is no different to Yoga. It can either be taught well, or not.

Of course the English language belongs to the West, specifically to America and Britain.

The reason many in the East have adopted this language is because:

1. Colonialism. Britain controlled 25% of the world’s landmass and had the largest ocean empire. The people they subjugated were forced to learn English through the schools/missionary activities they condoned.

2. Its the lingua franca of business and commerce; again, all due to colonialism and capitalism.

Besides, I do agree English should not be taught without the right foundations. So many ills can be avoided if only there was a systematic and orderly way in which any language is taught.

Have you ever read George Orwell’s “Politics in the English Language?”

Yes, Yoga can be taught well or badly, and that’s the point; it SHOULD be taught “well.” But it isn’t and instead, you have egotistical maniacs running around thinking they know more than Indian Hindus about their own history, language, culture, and society.

If one doesn’t already exist, perhaps there should be a Hindu board of Governors that give their approval of Yoga studios practising Hindu Yoga and a separate body for studios that wish to practice it their way’ This would ensure that Hindu Yoga is kept in the limelight it deserves. Now go and do something constructive with your growing anger and set one up. I guess that many will want the Hindu studios 1st, I know I would. Perhaps those deeply religious Christians say, might prefer the non Hindu one.

There is no such thing as Hindu Yoga as Yoga is already Hindu in nature.

And I want to do no such thing. What I think should be done is to present Yoga along with [U]knowledge[/U] of Indian history and culture. That way, there won’t have white bastards saying racist and ignorant things about India and Indians, such as “dancing is banned in India,” and “India is a very unenlightened society.”

Personally, I don’t think Yoga should be taught to most Christians at all; they are the most ignorant people on the planet and do not deserve to learn the ways of any other cultural group; they cannot and will not respect other religions like every other type of person out there. But that’s besides the point.

The flaws of mankind are still clearly evident across the world. You are imagining you can fix this with your approach?

That’s not my intent.

Your last statement is exactly why I said you are not wanting to bring people closer together but are taking steps backwards. And, you will find yourself somewhat alone in your views when India fully gets on the money bandwagon which is happening as we speak.

What I want to do is to take a step backwards so we can all have the time to solve our own issues and then, get together and form one big happy family.

Think of climbing a mountain. Once you have reached the top, you are further away from everyone else. At the same time, you have gained a new perspective of things.

What’s happening today is reminiscent of domesticated pets being thrown into the wild or 13 year olds being given drivers licenses. Humanity is not ready for some thing or another and yet, is being given those things.

[quote[I think you are doing an injustice to India by assuming that India will not do well with what is chooses to adopt as a financial structure for India. India will adapt itself as it sees fit. It will discard what doesn’t work for its people and embrace what it knows will enhance its peoples lives. [/quote]

That depends. There is still considerable corruption in India. The “secular” party that’s in power is anti-Hindu, a slave of minority groups, and incredibly irresponsible.

Recently, a HUGE corruption scandal was revealed in which billions of dollars were illegal channeled elsewhere.

Anna Hazare was appointed as the head of a new Anti-corruption department due to the massive hunger strikes going across the nation.

I just hope India will one day have the right leaders and the right mindset to get rid of its poverty and adversity once and for all.

But I’m beginning to get doubts about whether such a thing will happen.

In time, you may even see the West practising Yoga more than the East…this has been discussed before, I know. It is the end of the Dharma as we know it and this is what needs to be addressed. The way to present the Dharma to fit in this new age.

You are thinking in stereotypically. You do not know what I know and have not seen what I have seen. You are foolish if you truly think that soon enough, an entire region’s people will be practicing “Yoga” more than the people of a region who have been practicing it for 4000 years.

Hinduism, and its numerous sects and denominations, retain a strong hold in India and are actually reviving.

There is considerable corruption, poverty, and cultural subjugation but there is also a steadily growing number of progressive Hindus who are outraged at their treatment and the problems in their society and are starting to fight back.

Soon enough both sides will clash. May Yama side with the more righteous one.

Astrology…as a long time practitioner I can tell you with confidence that this new age will not be embracing religions or anything that divides us…now put your thinking cap on Neeches !!

I am not at all religious Kareng.

But I will not stand idle while people go around bashing my culture, my identity.

dancing is banned in India

I don’t know how people can believe such things, anyone with a little knowledge knows how popular dancing is all over India. Last time I watched Baba Ramdev on tv, he was dancing with the whole crowd.

A little unrelated, but in the US some girl got suspended from school for doing cartwheels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uofP2eaBzo

LOL :o

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;62054]I don’t know how people can believe such things, anyone with a little knowledge knows how popular dancing is all over India. Last time I watched Baba Ramdev on tv, he was dancing with the whole crowd.

A little unrelated, but in the US some girl got suspended from school for doing cartwheels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uofP2eaBzo

LOL :o[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing that barked this was the leprous dog called Quetzalcoatl. What do you expect it to know?

All sorts of crazy things happen in the U.S. Nowdays, Christ-retards are succeeding in convicing many school districts to adopt Creationist mythology and throw out Evolutionary facts.

I desperately want to move out of America when I grow up before shit hits the fan.

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;62054]I don’t know how people can believe such things, anyone with a little knowledge knows how popular dancing is all over India. Last time I watched Baba Ramdev on tv, he was dancing with the whole crowd.

LOL :o[/QUOTE]

Articles like this do not help
http://m.timesofindia.com/Now_ban_on_live_bands_in_Bangalore_pubs/articleshow/3348891.cms

Seems localized. I grew up watching movies from India and remember nothing but dancing.

[QUOTE=FlexPenguin;62100]Articles like this do not help
http://m.timesofindia.com/Now_ban_on_live_bands_in_Bangalore_pubs/articleshow/3348891.cms

Seems localized. I grew up watching movies from India and remember nothing but dancing.[/QUOTE]

Unreliable article is unreliable. Bangalore is a major hub of Indian dance and music, from classical to Bollywood.

More hypocrisy, eh, old white redneck geezer? You grew up around Indians and Indian culture and yet, became prejudiced against Indians and Hindus?

Anyone can pull up articles like these delineating fucked up happenings anywhere, like this and this.

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;62102]Unreliable article is unreliable. Bangalore is a major hub of Indian dance and music, from classical to Bollywood.

More hypocrisy, eh, old white redneck geezer? You grew up around Indians and Indian culture and yet, became prejudiced against Indians and Hindus?

Anyone can pull up articles like these delineating fucked up happenings anywhere, like this and this.[/QUOTE]

Nietzches, I am telling you off!!! You are becoming a potty mouth…I will find you and wash your mouth out with carbolic soap…I will!! and unplug you!!

Flex is NOT a racist Nietches…

Nietches …Yes. The only reason English is spoken worldwide is because the British pillaged 25% of the world’s landmass and had an ocean-wide empire. But what’s your point?

Well, conquering has been done by many…its in our nature to conquer. And my point, initially, was to say that anyone taking something from another person’s country will adapt it to suit. This includes Yoga.

Nietches…No, we don’t have to get “used” to it. This is a freaking culture we are talking about, not a language. If there’s ignorance about it, we have to fix that. Spreading one’s cultural practices is nothing more than the spreading tolerance and harmony.

For example, Westerners going around practicing diluted Yoga and being racist towards Indians is a problem that it is all too often seen on these forums; you can’t expect us to get “used” to that; it must be corrected. Need I remind you what has happened to India for the past 1000+ years when it wanted to mind its own business?

Kareng, if you saw me using improper English in my posts, I too would expect you to reprimand me for my horrible conventions.

No Nietches, you will have to get used to it. It is in human nature to take something and adapt it to suit. It doesn’t mean that In India, it will not go on. You cannot hope for more than that.

Yes fixing ignorance is a good idea but it cannot be done with hatred and bitterness. These things will create more hatred against India and Indians
It is better to be a great ambassador.

It is better to think of constructive ways to enable better understanding of the Hindu culture.

Hindus, IMHO, have to lowest profile of long standing foreigners in Britain. They run businesses, educate their children, and celebrate their festivals, all without a fuss. They are great ambassadors. However, they do not step out to educate the British people about their own culture unless asked. And yes, Britain is guilty of imposing its ways in other people’s lands, historically, but those days have passed and we wouldn’t be able to now. You know this. I am excluding religious fanatics who will always want to impose their beliefs on others.

I don’t see racists on this site. I see some ill-informed people. If you want to educate them, do it cleverly not in this ‘chav’ manner which is not you and lets you down.

Your English is good Nietches, better than the average Englishman.

Nietches… No one is saying they can’t be a part of it; all we ask is that you show us some greater respect and understanding for our culture, our present condition, and our ways. Going around saying that “Yoga isn’t Hindu” or that “Yoga predates Hinduism” is insulting and demeaning to every single Indian Hindu on the planet.

Again, you cannot change this Nietches, the West will take Hindu Yoga and adapt to suit. This is why I say a legitimate board should be set up to monitor.

Nietxches… They don’t Kareng, and that’s the sad truth. Most educated Westerners are intellectually dogmatic and erroneously see India/Hinduism as a pathetic and dying civilization ruled by religious dogma.

Not with respect to this context, no. We are not ignorant in these matters; when we say Westerners don’t deserve to learn our ways, we say it with a deep understanding of history and Western society.

For over 300 years, we Hindus have attempted to spread our ways to create understanding; the result has been more ignorance and hatred.

The truth is that the West can never become spiritual or enlightened unless it lets go of its destructive ways, beginning with Christianity and white supremacy and down to economic systems such as capitalism. But we all know that Hell may as well freeze over before such a thing ever happens.

Actually Nietzches you are right…educated is the wrong word because even the totally uneducated can welcome a foreigner into their home and feed them.

No, Christianity does not stop a person from becoming enlightened.

I don’t think India is viewed as a pathetic dying civilisation. India is rising, not sinking but the price it will pay for its economic growth remains to be seen….if it goes the way the West has then religions will be less popular in time. And who are you mixing with to give you the impression that people think India is pathetic etc?..I haven’t come across this yet. We have our share of racism here but it tends to be rock bottom stuff from most ignorant but otherwise things are not portrayed in the manner you think.

I don’t believe the Hindus have tried to spread their word, at all. As I said, they are extremely low profile in Britain. What word do they want to spread, what is their message? Do you mean about their culture and ways, if so, they haven’t done that in my lifetime that I can recall???

The biggest anti-Hindus are in Indian government. With the scene around Baba Ramadev being arrested during his peaceful demonstration and brought to a secret location to shut him up, I hope the spinelessly sickular Indians will learn not to vote for congress.

[QUOTE=kareng;62159]Nietzches, I am telling you off!!! You are becoming a potty mouth…I will find you and wash your mouth out with carbolic soap…I will!! and unplug you!!

Flex is NOT a racist Nietches…[/QUOTE]

Kareng, you’re a dear. But I have this guy on ignore.

Well, conquering has been done by many?its in our nature to conquer. And my point, initially, was to say that anyone taking something from another person?s country will adapt it to suit. This includes Yoga.

No, it is not in the nature of a truly civilized person to conquer. Britain did the worst conquering, raping, and murdering in human history and should repent appropriately. Instead, it, like every Western nation, goes around rationalizing their actions.

How would you like it if I killed your entire family, including your children, and told you "Many have killed in human history. Besides, all this is good for you as we are spreading ‘civlization’ "?

No Nietches, you will have to get used to it. It is in human nature to take something and adapt it to suit. It doesn?t mean that In India, it will not go on. You cannot hope for more than that.

This is like telling an African American “Get used to racism; its natural. You are inferior to whites and deserve to be segregated.”

Yes fixing ignorance is a good idea but it cannot be done with hatred and bitterness. These things will create more hatred against India and Indians
It is better to be a great ambassador.

Oh yes it can. The only way to get rid of these Abrahamic religions is to wipe them out in the same way they entered; with hate and violence.

Sometimes, it must be done. Not everything this world can be solved my peace and acceptance.

Hindus, IMHO, have to lowest profile of long standing foreigners in Britain. They run businesses, educate their children, and celebrate their festivals, all without a fuss. They are great ambassadors. [B]However, they do not step out to educate the British people about their own culture unless asked[/B]. And yes, Britain is guilty of imposing its ways in other people?s lands, historically, but those days have passed and we wouldn?t be able to now. You know this. I am excluding religious fanatics who will always want to impose their beliefs on others.

And that is the way it should be. I am strongly opposed to proselytization.

I don?t see racists on this site. [B]I see some ill-informed people.[/B] If you want to educate them, do it cleverly not in this ?chav? manner which is not you and lets you down.

Yeah…that’s ignorance. Racism = Ignorance + Irrationality.

Your English is good Nietches, better than the average Englishman.

My English is [U][B]horrible[/B][/U]! It is nowhere near as good as that of the average Englishman! I long to be able to speak as eloquently as the average Englishman!

Again, you cannot change this Nietches, the West will take Hindu Yoga and adapt to suit. This is why I say a legitimate board should be set up to monitor.

So you are implying racism is an inherent part of the West?

Can you please tell an African American “Your black skin makes you inferior. This is what the Western world believes and this is how we have adapted to the modern world” ?

No, Christianity does not stop a person from becoming enlightened.

It indeed does.

I don?t think India is viewed as a pathetic dying civilisation. India is rising, not sinking but the price it will pay for its economic growth remains to be seen?.if it goes the way the West has then religions will be less popular in time. And who are you mixing with to give you the impression that people think India is pathetic etc?..I haven?t come across this yet. We have our share of racism here but it tends to be rock bottom stuff from most ignorant but otherwise things are not portrayed in the manner you think.

I never said you think this way. I said that this is what the majority of Westerners believe, being the cultural supremacists they are.

I don?t believe the Hindus have tried to spread their word, at all. As I said, they are extremely low profile in Britain. What word do they want to spread, what is their message? Do you mean about their culture and ways, if so, they haven?t done that in my lifetime that I can recall???

What word do we want to spread? Understanding.

What message do we have? “Shut the f@%$ up and stop teaching Indian Hindus about their own religion, culture, history, and society.”

[QUOTE=kareng;62159]Nietzches, I am telling you off!!! You are becoming a potty mouth…I will find you and wash your mouth out with carbolic soap…I will!! and unplug you!!

Flex is NOT a racist Nietches…[/QUOTE]

Face the facts: without western civilization and Christianity, India and the vast cultures if the world would still be wrangling on or near the stone age; living, fighting and dying under primitive tribalism.

• Typical aphorism from white supremacist shit.

This is a good start Surya. I’ll contact A R Rahman so he can compose an upbeat score. You and Friedrich practice your dance routines (who’s the stright guy?). Leave everything to me and I’ll have you guys prancing down the red carpet come Oscar season.

May have to change the old testament theme thing a bit. Violence is good, but can you find some sexy bits? Just try to resist casting any girls under 16. I’ve read about old Hindu men’s preference for marrying the young ones. Won’t go over well out here. Round up some lower caste filthy untouchable bastards to haul the equipment around on the cheap, and we’re set.

• Indian stereotypes and racism.

Are child brides still condemned by Hindu law to be outcasts because they are widows? That’s not very yogic.

• Completely wrong, more ignorance, more prejudice

Here’s the synopsis:
The Hero: Surya Deva, he’s a rich boy, a spoiled brat. His mother has died and his mean father has remarried a Chritian woman. Surya often sees his mother in his dreams where she begs him to find a nice girl and settle down. When we first meet our hero he’s surrounded by scantily clad girls prancing around him in their vast garden, while white and lilac petals fall from the sky. They sing:
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
Āpa kē li’ē hamārā pyāra pīlē bukhāra kī taraha jalatā hai.
(Our love for you
Burns like yellow fever!)

Our hero has charms to distract the girls while dancing - singing of his dream girl.
She comes to me
Like biscuit from the cupboard
So dry at first
But dunked in milk
So white to see

The Heroine: Fraulein Freidrich (funny name for a hindu girl, but we can make it work). She is the epitome of today’s generation. Fraulein Freidrich is poor outcast from a small village, but her jewelry is designed by Tanishq. Our heroine is having a bath in the local canal when our hero sees her. Their eyes meet, heartbeats stop, music happens, everyone around them begins the choreographed dancing rountine, the camera pans a wide panoramic shot of the scene, and love is in the air!

Fraulein Freidrich sings the main theme tune:
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
My love for you
Lifts me up like a lever!

The Villain: (TBA) Surya’s father and his Christian wife, always spying on them from behind the doors or the trees. They sing as well:
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
If you marry her
We will carve you with a cleaver!

Meanwhile, one lonely night our hero is alone, looking out into the Ganges, when his ghostly mother appears to him:
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
Fraulein Freidrich is too brown
Why don’t you leave her?

SD:
Mām̐, maiṁ apanā dūdha liyā hai,
lēkina ēka chōṭī sī mēka’apa
Fraulein Freidrich pārita kara sakatē haiṁ wih.
(Mother, I’ve had your milk, but wih a little makeup Fraulein Freidrich can pass.)

This goes on for a couple of hours, then our villains kidnap Fraulein Freidrich and take her to a palace that has a pool filled with pink acid. Much singing and dancing there. But, our hero’s best friend urges Surya Deva to rescue the Fraulein.
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
If you let this happen
You will surely bereave her!

So, off they prance - the scantliy clad girls in tow - to rescue the Fraulein Freidrich from the clutches of the evil father and Christian stepmother. When the arrive, a great fight ensues with a cast of thousands. Carefully choreographed, the villains and heroes battle for another hour or so. Finally, Surya Deva rescues his Fraulein Freidrich, but as they sing to each other, they realize they cannot remain on Earth together, so they decide to jump into the pool of pink acid. As they sink, to their knees, then their waist, then their shoulders, the camera zooms into a close up and our lovers kiss passionately. The fighting stops and sun is blacked out by a swarm of parrots, their droppings falling on the villains.

But wait! It’s not over! Our lovers emerge in heaven, hand in hand (the scantily clad girls are there to meet them) and they are shown to a table full of great food by our hero’s mother. At the table are many guests, including Siva, Jesus, Allah, and the prophet MHd (have to careful there. Don’t want to make the same mistake as the Danes). Everyone is happy to see them, and the final song echoes with Rahman’s signature beat, while white and lilac petals fall from the sky.
Surya
Surya
Surya Deva
Now you have the chance
To show her your pecker!

(note: the preceding is a parody. Any resemblance to any person or culture, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Your humble narrator’s personal views are not in any way reflected here)

I don’t even know what the fuck this is supposed to be, but its clearly full of stereotypes and shit, just like the “producer.”

As for the other selected quote: subjugating large populations of your own culture and entrenching that in your religion is exactly the same as any inquisition, crusade or witch burning. In fact, it’s worse - it’s damned cowardly. Better, I suppose, to pick on the weakest members of your society. To place those of ‘darker’ skin tone below you and brand them as untouchable to be scorned and abused. To kill your female babies because they do not conform to master’s wishes and be male. To marry off your child brides because they are to powerless to say no.

Complete ignorance of Indian history. Untouchables were not thoroughly subjugated until the British rule. Whether they were subjugated or not depended entirely upon the village, town, city, and region in question. Majority of Hindu reforms throughout Indian history, such as Bhakti, accepted “untouchables.”

This illustrates the weakness of the society. They didn’t go outside their own borders because they were afraid to. Had they faced the barbarian christians they would have had the shit kicked out of them sincerely, which eventually happened when the British sauntered in easily. And the barbarians would not have only focused on the weak. They would have taken aim squarely at the strong (that’s not saying much, if their behaviour is any judge), knocked them down a few pegs, and laid them on the doorsteps of the very castes they shat on (who would most probably have taken care of them).

Ignorance of history. If naked Christian barbarians had faced the Hindus and the Muslims of India, they would have got butt f’d. Weaponry in India was extremely advanced for its time and included the repeating cannon and gunpowder rockets (like those of the Chinese).

In fact, some South Indian empires had firearms by the 14th century.

Another strawman. Read up on Indian history and it will become clear they went well beyond their borders. Here is a pointer: Read up on the Sri Vijaya empire to begin with. As for having the shit kicked out of them? Read on Alexandra’s attempted invasion of India and how he ran away when faced with the superior Indian army, not only that, he gave up his previously captured territory to India. The British invasion of India was no cake walk either, they had to fight wars with powerful Indian kings, and even lost some wars.

Yeah. Right. Lol

More ignorance of history.

“I agree with you. India is a very backward and unenlightened society that subjugates her women and restricts their rights as given to men. Hopefully the new media will awaken and enlighten the people and they will demand freedom from male-dominated, antiquated doctrine. Fingers crossed.”

I almost thought he was talking about the West at this point. Large portions of the Western population (blacks and women) and entire populations of their conquered “territory” were enslaved and subjugated.

Women and blacks are still discriminated against in Western society.

"Total and utter dribble. India was very proficient at abusing her citizens long before Hannibal came traipsing over the horizon. In fact, I would venture to bet that India taught the West all they know about citizen abuse (and I know you know what I’m talking about).

More white supremacist history. Hannibal had nothing to do with India, but had something to do with Carthage and Rome.

Human rights in India were far better than those many civilizations up until the 17th centuries and on (courtesy of the oppressive Mughal/British rule).

In fact, it was the West that taught India everything it needed to know about citizen abuse.

Flex Penguin is your typical racist white trash, too cowardly and degraded to accept the truth.