Why are Yoga & Hinduism Classes Taught by non-Hindus (mlecchas)?

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;62164]The biggest anti-Hindus are in Indian government. With the scene around Baba Ramadev being arrested during his peaceful demonstration and brought to a secret location to shut him up, I hope the spinelessly sickular Indians will learn not to vote for congress.[/QUOTE]

I love the Western media.

“Secular” Congress Party (and very corrupt).

“Hindu fundamentalist” Bharatiya Janata Party (not corrupt and cares about India).

TatTvamAsi: “He was not a Hindu, but a Christian. How on earth can a mleccha (an untouchable) be allowed to learn, let alone teach, Hinduism? It is the greatest tragedy of recent times.”

I didn’t know that Indian Hindus still harbored the concept of “untouchability” even in the year 2011.

Interesting.

So someone who is “untouchable” is not allowed to even learn “Hinduism” - how many Indian Hindus feel like this? I have heard that Indian “untouchables” were forbidden to learn the Vedas, but surely other forms of Hindu practice were/are open to them, no?

Surely TatTvamAsi is currently living in the glorious land of Bharat, having never stepped a foot outside of it to land in foreign countries where he/she would have to associate with us lowly, barbaric, untouchable mlecchas. Just the mere glance of us would contaminate him/her and our countries/cultures have absolutely nothing to offer but backwards primitivism.

No sir, TatTvamAsi and people like him/her surely NEVER leave India, do they?

I disagree 100% with much of what is being said Nietzsche regarding the Abrahamic Faiths. I myself am not a member of any of them, but no, they must not be wiped out from the face of the planet. Like any other religion, they have their good and bad points. The good should be preserved, the bad should be transformed into good.

I appreciate much of what I’ve learned from my Muslim, Christian and Jewish friends. And no, none of them sought to convert me. Jews especially are not proselytizers.

I also disagree that “white people have to pay” for what a minority of wealthy, powerful and greedy people did hundreds of years ago. I am not responsible for anybody else’s actions - only my own.

According to the laws of karma, those people already paid, in one form or another, wherever they have reincarnated.

Perhaps some reincarnated in India as some of the commenters on this forum?

Regarding Hinduism being shown in a laughable light in Western Academia - if that is true, that just means its getting the same treatment as any other religion. Western Academia is a haven for atheistic lefist liberalism.

The more practicioners of various religions that we can get on college campuses to educate students about the positive aspects of these religions, the better.

Its funny, in the US some Christians complain that Christianity is the sole religion singled out for undersirable treatment on college campuses because it is seen as a nemesis of sorts for leftist progress while other religions like Hinduism and Buddhism are given a “pass” because they are supposedly more in line with the leftist, liberal, multicultural takeover of the West that Leftist Academia so much wishes to see.

I didn’t know that Indian Hindus still harbored the concept of “untouchability” even in the year 2011.

In a metaphorical sense, yes. Remember that TTA is also a Smarta.

So someone who is “untouchable” is not allowed to even learn “Hinduism” - how many Indian Hindus feel like this? I have heard that Indian “untouchables” were forbidden to learn the Vedas, but surely other forms of Hindu practice were/are open to them, no?

I will leave the first question for TTA to address.

As for the untouchables part, yes and no. Depending on the region in question, “untouchables” [B]were[/B] or [B]were not[/B] allowed to learn the Vedas (emphasis on the word “were”) or other aspects of our “religion”.

No sir, TatTvamAsi and people like him/her surely NEVER leave India, do they?

False.

I disagree 100% with much of what is being said Nietzsche regarding the Abrahamic Faiths. I myself am not a member of any of them, but no, they must not be wiped out from the face of the planet. Like any other religion, they have their good and bad points. The good should be preserved, the bad should be transformed into good.

They should be wiped off the face of the planet.

They contain 99% bad and 1% cliched ethical and moralistic garbage.

I have long studied the influence of Christianity on the development Western civilization; it is far deeper than you can imagine and seeps into conservative politics, opposition against scientific progress, jingoism, and white supremacy.

As for Islam, I just have to lol and I would be done with my explanation.

You do not understand the need to destroy these religions from a scholarly standpoint. Once you study the history of the regions and civilizations in which these religions developed, you would understand certain basic truths:

1. They are exclusivist religions.
  2. They are racist religions.
  3. They are supremacist religions.
  4. They are intolerant religions.

That is how they were designed to be and that is why they must be destroyed.

I appreciate much of what I’ve learned from my Muslim, Christian and Jewish friends. And no, none of them sought to convert me. Jews especially are not proselytizers.

Of course not. I don’t think Judaism should be wiped off since the practitioners themselves have reconciled the conservative and bigoted aspects of their faith (majority of them anyway since Orthodox Judaism is still an influential minority).

I also disagree that “white people have to pay” for what a minority of wealthy, powerful and greedy people did hundreds of years ago. I am not responsible for anybody else’s actions - only my own.

The Westerners who committed these actions were not in the minority but in the majority. Even a skimming of primary documents from the 18th century and on can show you that.

Westerners were (and still are) the most racist and intolerant people in the world. They grew up in a civilization that believed in its absolute superiority and still grow up believing they are the most superior civilization that ever existed.

You, as a member of society, are still, to some degree, responsible for what others in your society choose to do. No, I don’t mean that if some American who lives 300 miles from me murders someone, I was responsible for it on some subliminal level.

What I do mean is this: suppose, for the sake of argument, I was a philosopher and actively participated in public events and gatherings. My ideals, my views, if they had an impact, would then play a part in defining the lives of others.

In short, if you share the same societal dogma as other individuals within your society, you should still hold yourself responsible, as a member of that society, for what actions others do with that dogma in mind.

According to the laws of karma, those people already paid, in one form or another, wherever they have reincarnated.

Wrong. This is not what the “laws of karma” state.

Perhaps some reincarnated in India as some of the commenters on this forum?

Perhaps.

Regarding Hinduism being shown in a laughable light in Western Academia - if that is true, that just means its getting the same treatment as any other religion. Western Academia is a haven for atheistic lefist liberalism.

No, it isn’t true. The information regarding India, Indians, and Hinduism is biased, bigoted, and stereotypical. If you were an Indian, you yourself would see this.

The more practicioners of various religions that we can get on college campuses to educate students about the positive aspects of these religions, the better.

True.

[B]Its funny, in the US some Christians complain that Christianity is the sole religion singled out for undersirable treatment on college campuses because it is seen as a nemesis of sorts for leftist progress[/B] while other religions like Hinduism and Buddhism are given a “pass” because they are supposedly more in line with the leftist, liberal, multicultural takeover of the West that Leftist Academia so much wishes to see.

That’s because it is? Lol.

And I disagree with the Westernization that the leftists desire.

"The Westerners who committed these actions were not in the minority but in the majority. "

Wrong. The majority of Westerners at the time of Imperialism were not imperialists, they were poor peasants without any power who stayed in their own countries slaving away trying to get food to feed their families.

“Westerners were (and still are) the most racist and intolerant people in the world.”

Norther and Western Europeans, as well as Canadians and North Americans are amongst the most liberal people in the entire world. Our countries are undergoing economic recession and yet we still admit immigrants whom we cannot really afford to care for right now, allow them to avail themselves of our tax-paid social services (even if illegal), give their women and children rights that they didn’t have back in their own countries and allow them to practice their religions and cultures in the name of “multiculturalism” even if those religions and cultures are not in line with our progressive and liberal ethos.

That’s why so many people still want to immigrate to Northern and Western Europe, Canada, North America and Australia, DESPITE the economic downturn these countries are currently undergoing.

Is everything about these countries 100% perfect? Absolutely not. But they are generally liberal and forward thinking wrt chidren’s rights, women’s rights, human rights and individual rights. There is a civic culture in these countries which the immigrants who come here do not have in their own countries, hence why they immigrate (and I don’t blame them I would to!)

Unfortunately the dogma of “multiculturalism” has made some new immigrants think that they don’t even have to bother to assimilate and learn the language of their new country and that they should gain all the benefits from citizen tax-payers even if they are illegal.

Some of these immigrants come from countries that do not have Feminism and they try to transplant their gender-biased and backward cultural “norms” onto the soil of countries that have been undergoing various waves of Feminism for several decades already.

You say, “And I disagree with the Westernization that the leftists desire.”

What “westernization” is that? In the US the far-leftists are anti-western civilization and often suffer from misplaced “white guilt” and seek to promote third-worldism in the name of “multiculturalism”.

Do some reading about “cultural marxism”.

If you are writing from India I realize that the leftists in your country are promoting something different from what they are promoting in the US, but at the end of the day its the same thing;

They seek to subvert the mainstream cultural values of any nation in order to gain cultural hegemony.

Again, if you read up on “cultural marxism” this all will be made very clear.

Regarding the connection between White Supremacy and Christianity, White Supremacy is a very small and lunatic fringe in the US and they do not, for the most part identify with Christianity because, Jesus was a Jew and Christianity was/is an Arab religion. Rather they identify with EUROPEAN PAGANISM and believe it or not HINDUISM.

Yes, there is a deep respect for Hindus and their caste/varna system amongst White Supremists and White Nationalists (2 different things you can look up the difference). There are even some White Nationalists who loosely self-identify as “Hindu”.

As far as Christianity being “racist” - while there may be racists within the religion, the ideology itself is not racist because it seeks to unite people from all races and regions of the world under the same religious banner.

What Christianity is - not racist, rather RELIGIONIST. It is a form of religious supremism.

Anyway, Christianity is dying in the United States. Most Americans do believe in God but many do not practice any specific religion. Buddhism is very popular. There are various other religions competing for the minds of believers and amongst them, Christianity is not winning.

The type of Christianity that is winning though is of the Unitarian and Universalist stripe which are more or less a mash-up of world religions with Jesus viewed as a Sage or Prophet, not the one and only saviour of mankind.

Multi-culturalism is winning here in the United States and the good side to that is that the fanatical bible-thumpers of a by-gone era are increasingly becoming a rarity.

The bad side of multi-culturalism though is that it may be that my country turns into one big third-world ghetto.

I’m not worried. By the time that happens I’ll be dead, gone and reincarnated somewhere else - hopefully on another planet!

Wrong. The majority of Westerners at the time of Imperialism were not imperialists, they were poor peasants without any power who stayed in their own countries slaving away trying to get food to feed their families.

Wrong. [B]So wrong.[/B] Europe and America were rapidly industrializing at this time and progressively more amounts of people were moving into the cities.

Imperialism was highly popular among the nation’s masses, who went so far as to justify it through Social Darwinism and and supremacist dogma.

There was no peasantry during this time (lol). Farmers existed and even they became tied up into jingoism and xenophobia as a rapidly expanding Europe/America in the 19th century meant cheaper markets abroad and a death note for domestically grown products.

Norther and Western Europeans, as well as Canadians and North Americans are amongst the most liberal people in the entire world. Our countries are undergoing economic recession and yet we still admit immigrants whom we cannot really afford to care for right now, allow them to avail themselves of our tax-paid social services (even if illegal), give their women and children rights that they didn’t have back in their own countries and allow them to practice their religions and cultures in the name of “multiculturalism” even if those religions and cultures are not in line with our progressive and liberal ethos.

I will give Canada a pass but America is only nominally secular and liberal. There exists a massive conservative parties in America (G.O.P) who prey off of xenophobia, racism, sexism, excess nationalism, and conservatism. Every day I hear schools that are throwing away Evolution in favor of Creationism.

That’s why so many people still want to immigrate to Northern and Western Europe, Canada, North America and Australia, DESPITE the economic downturn these countries are currently undergoing.

Depends on the kind of immigrant. I see more and more American Indians/Chinese in America moving [B]back[/B] to India/China due to the racism/lack of culture/hatred/ignorance here and in order to help their home lands.

But yes, I agree that many people still want to emigrate/immigrate to Americas/Europe for the material benefits.

Is everything about these countries 100% perfect? Absolutely not. But they are generally liberal and forward thinking wrt chidren’s rights, women’s rights, human rights and individual rights. There is a civic culture in these countries which the immigrants who come here do not have in their own countries, hence why they immigrate (and I don’t blame them I would to!)

Yeah, but let’s no forget which kind of nations fucked up the rest of the world and made them as backwards as they are today.

Unfortunately the dogma of “multiculturalism” has made some new immigrants think that they don’t even have to bother to assimilate and learn the language of their new country and that they should gain all the benefits from citizen tax-payers even if they are illegal.

I completely disagree with this doctrine you know. No immigrant to any country should disregard the laws of the land.

Some of these immigrants come from countries that do not have Feminism and they try to transplant their gender-biased and backward cultural “norms” onto the soil of countries that have been undergoing various waves of Feminism for several decades already.

These are not “backwards” cultural norms. Have you no respect for the perspectives of other cultures in this world? These “enlightened norms” in the West are not intrinsic to Western culture. Every civilization in human history has had their low and high points, bringing with it societal upliftment (more rights) or societal degradation.

Ironically enough, Western nations have the longest history of societal oppression in the world.

You are beginning to appear to me a white supremacist.

You say, “And I disagree with the Westernization that the leftists desire.”

What “westernization” is that? In the US the far-leftists are anti-western civilization and often suffer from misplaced “white guilt” and seek to promote third-worldism in the name of “multiculturalism”.

Its not at all misplaced. It is good they are repenting.

Or do you prefer to take pride in the millions of deaths your civilization caused to reach its current state?

Do some reading about “cultural marxism”.

Will do.

If you are writing from India I realize that the leftists in your country are promoting something different from what they are promoting in the US, but at the end of the day its the same thing;

I am not.

They seek to subvert the mainstream cultural values of any nation in order to gain cultural hegemony.

Yep. And I oppose this.

Regarding the connection between White Supremacy and Christianity, White Supremacy is a very small and lunatic fringe in the US and they do not, for the most part identify with Christianity because, Jesus was a Jew and Christianity was/is an Arab religion. Rather they identify with EUROPEAN PAGANISM and believe it or not HINDUISM.

Lol wut? White supremacists are not restricted to any particular Western nation or any fringe group. It is an ideal and anyone can subscribe to it.

White supremacy can range from racism to even ignorant comments such as “Without Western civilization, the whole world will be fighting, dying under primitive tribalism.”

Actually, some do identify heavily with Christianity. Have you heard of the KKK? Lol.

WTF!?!?! Christianity is not an Arab religion!!!

Uhh, no they don’t identify with Hinduism. European “paganism,” such as German Neopaganism and Celtic paganism, yes, but Hinduism no. Hell no. There is a difference between using Swastikas and being Hindu lol.

Yes, there is a deep respect for Hindus and their caste/varna system amongst White Supremists and White Nationalists (2 different things you can look up the difference). There are even some White Nationalists who loosely self-identify as “Hindu”.

Lol no.

As far as Christianity being “racist” - while there may be racists within the religion, the ideology itself is not racist because it seeks to unite people from all races and regions of the world under the same religious banner.

You simply don’t know the history of Christianity. Even an idiot can see how the development of Christianity with respect to their opposition against “barbarian kings” and imperialism/Social Darwinism can see why Christianity is a racist and supremacist religion.

Let me ask you something; when will there be a black pope? An Indian imam?

What Christianity is - not racist, rather RELIGIONIST. It is a form of religious supremism.

It also has very nice roots in racial and cultural supremacy.

Anyway, Christianity is dying in the United States. Most Americans do believe in God but many do not practice any specific religion. Buddhism is very popular. There are various other religions competing for the minds of believers and amongst them, Christianity is not winning.

Christianity may be dying in the U.S but Christian biases in the form of conservative politics, religious intolerance, etc sure as hell are not.

I live in the “Bible Belt” you know, the most ignorant part of Earth. :smiley:

The type of Christianity that is winning though is of the Unitarian and Universalist stripe which are more or less a mash-up of world religions with Jesus viewed as a Sage or Prophet, not the one and only saviour of mankind.

Like the Church of Latter Day Saints? These are minorities and are deeply scorned by the majorities. They will die out as did the religious cults of old.

Multi-culturalism is winning here in the United States and the good side to that is that the fanatical bible-thumpers of a by-gone era are increasingly becoming a rarity.

If you live in the Bible Belt, you would know that this is precisely not the case.

Ever since the resurgence of Conservatism during and after Reagan’s time, religious fundamentalism has flourished.

Bible thumpers have always been a deep part of U.S society since the time of the Puritans and they will never go away, not in numbers or ideology.

The bad side of multi-culturalism though is that it may be that my country turns into [B]one big third-world ghetto[/B].

Yeah, you just pretty much gave away your white supremacy here.

So according to you, Western culture = awesome
Non-white cultures = poverty and ignorance inculcating cultures

Get off your high horse and go read some history. If read without bias, you will easily come to see that Western civilization is the new kid on the block and will, by no means, last forever.

Even your name, which in Hindi means White Yoga practitioner, belies your true views.

“These are not “backwards” cultural norms. Have you no respect for the perspectives of other cultures in this world?”

LOL! Coming from you that is really rich!

To answer your question, like Surya Deva, I am NOT a “cultural relativist”. So while I have respect for perspectives that fall in line with progress and positivity, I do not have respect for perspectives that are backwards and sexist. All perspectives are not equal.

As we were discussing immigration and Feminism here, it is a fact that immigrants from cultural backgrounds that have had no Feminist influence are backwards with regards to women. That conflicts with the social norms they find themselves surrounded by when they immigrate to Feminist Countries, as we are hearing about the many problems in Sweden, Holland and other European countries that take in Muslims from non-Feminist, patriarchal predominantly Muslim countries.

Those governments are CRAZY for allowing in masses of people who do not share the Feminist values of their societies. It is a recipe for disaster to have such severely conflicting values in one small geo-socio-political space.

What -are you the only one allowed to criticize Muslims? Have you “no respect for the perspectives of other cultures in this world” either?

“Depends on the kind of immigrant. I see more and more American Indians/Chinese in America moving back to India/China due to the racism/lack of culture/hatred/ignorance here and in order to help their home lands.”

That’s good.

They should help their own homelands out. The US and much of the Western World is in a deep economic recession. We need to get back on our feet before we can play Sugar Daddy to the world again.

At the rate things are going I’m probably going to need a country to immigrate to and get a new job in myself in the not so distant future, so the sooner Indians and Chinese can get their places together the sooner I and other Americans can immigrate there!

Since you are ignorant of the connection between White Nationalism and interest in Hinduism I have some links for you but am unable to post any until I have made at least 15 posts on this website.

For starters you can go to seedofjapheth DOT wordpress DOT com and read about his recent decision to convert to Hinduism. You can also read his blogs about how White Pride does mean hatred of non-White people, just as South Asian Pride, Desi Pride or Hindu Pride does not mean hatred of non-South Asians, non-Desis or non-Hindus.

It is possible to take pride in one’s family, heritage, culture and religion without hating others.

Being multi-cultural and multi-national myself, I have nothing against the Multi Cult as long as the cultures being multiplied are progressive and positive. However I would strongly advise someone such as yourself to [U]move as far away from “The West” and Western people as possible because it’s obvious you hate us.[/U]

The world is a big, beautiful place, there are so many countries you could go to. Since you seem to be of Indian origin, why don’t you go there?

As far as the “Gori” that’s what people in India called me so I’m using it as my moniker.

Don’t hate.
Appreciate.

Interesting debate going on here. Unfortunately, I cannot participate in it because I have little time. My approach to subject has increasingly become more liberal, tolerant and universalist over the last few months, and recently after reading some of the publications from the Bihar School of Yoga by Swami Satayananda and his successors, I am starting to appreciate how much energy we are wasting in criticising these religions rather than trying to emphasise their positive aspects. I have few bad things to say about Sufism, Wicca and Gnosticism, and although these are not mainstream Western religions/thought, they should be given more emphasis.

I am going to make efforts to leave this critical mindset behind and cultivate a more tolerant mindset.

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;62182]
I didn’t know that Indian Hindus still harbored the concept of “untouchability” even in the year 2011.[/quote]

Untouchability is not a “concept”. It is based on lifestyle and lineage. Given that all non-Indians are of very low birth, they are automatically considered ‘mlecchas’ or untouchables. Of course, that is not very politically-correct to point out, but I am one who really appreciates candor.

No non-Hindu can learn the Vedas even today. If a mleccha were to approach any authentic body of Hindu learning, they would be turned away at the doorstep. That is why there are plenty of (mis)translations of the Vedas available for any Tom, Dick, and Harry to read but cannot really understand the true meaning. Without dIkSa, that is, initiation by a gurU, one ends up reading the Vedas instead of studying it.

There are other forms of practice for everyone. And, today, the rules seem to be somewhat lackadaisical in certain Sampradayas but in orthodox Hindu circles, mlecchas are not initiated.

I have lived in Bharat and now live in mleccha-desha (west). I try not to associate with mlecchas as much as possible and maintain a pretty austere life. Since I am so magnanimous, I associate with you untouchables from time to time. Such is the grace of TatTvamAsi. :smiley:

Not a “member”? What are the abrahamic cults? Clubs? You were born in that cesspool of Abrahamics. Thus, your subliminal mindset is still very much attached to it. Take a look at any so-called ‘convert’ away from those cults. They simply replace jeebus with some other deity. The form and reason for worship is still primarily soteriological, meaning, wanting some “GOD” to save their sorry ass instead of ontological, questioning the nature of the mind and existence etc. Thumping a bible and thumping another book don’t amount to two different philosophies; it is the thumping that one needs to grow out of! :wink:

Abrahamic religions have arisen due to asuric mentality. That is why they’re jingoistic and exclusive. There are no good points in them that are not found in earlier and other religions. Thus, Abrahamic religions, and those who adopt them, are what are known as EFR (EPIC FAIL Religions).

Who said you are responsible for the barbarity of your ancestors. The point of this thread is to state that untouchables, non-Hindus (non-Indians as well in my point of view) should be disbarred from teaching Hinduism (including Yoga if you’re part of those idiots who think Yoga is separate from Hinduism) and the discourse on those subjects should be in the domain of Hindus. Is that so hard to understand?

LOL… really? I mean, do academicians in the west portray jesus as who he really was? A charlatan and a cheap magician? They undoubtedly disparage Hindu gurus and call into question their miracles when millions have SEEN them whereas this jeebus fellow is supposed to have lived ~ 2000 years ago and the only record of his cheap tricks are in some book. Yea, academia sure seems to treat the religions the same! :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, in India, the leftists are the same as westerners; ridiculing Indian/Hindu gurus while never questioning that charlatan jesus, pedophile muHAMhad, or that murderous asura abraham.

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;62182]Its funny, in the US some Christians complain that Christianity is the sole religion singled out for undersirable treatment on college campuses because it is seen as a nemesis of sorts for leftist progress while other religions like Hinduism and Buddhism are given a “pass” because they are supposedly more in line with the leftist, liberal, multicultural takeover of the West that Leftist Academia so much wishes to see.[/QUOTE]

That’s because Christians form a majority in the US. They are oblivious to the denigration of other religions especially their brother-religion Islam. They portrayed Obama as Nataraja on Newsweek. I wonder what the response would have been if they portrayed him as that dead jew on a stick jesus as “lord of nothing”. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Surya Deva;62242]Interesting debate going on here. Unfortunately, I cannot participate in it because I have little time. My approach to subject has increasingly become more liberal, tolerant and universalist over the last few months, and recently after reading some of the publications from the Bihar School of Yoga by Swami Satayananda and his successors, I am starting to appreciate how much energy we are wasting in criticising these religions rather than trying to emphasise their positive aspects. I have few bad things to say about Sufism, Wicca and Gnosticism, and although these are not mainstream Western religions/thought, they should be given more emphasis.

I am going to make efforts to leave this critical mindset behind and cultivate a more tolerant mindset.[/QUOTE]

Although that sounds comfortable, you must understand the devious intentions of the Abrahamics if you want to help protect Hindus. Merely emphasizing the abrahamic philosophy’s so-called ‘good’ points (like what? don’t lie or murder? wow… how profound :rolleyes:) won’t make them go away or stop proselytizing. Remember, proselytization is violence and a form of terrorism; cultural terrorism. One can’t just wish it away.

That’s like harping about how great of an artist Hitler was while ignoring his intentions. Dangerous, to say the least.

Exactly! That is why Hindus must not allow mlecchas to “teach” Hinduism/Yoga. The mlecchas are backward and their vAsanAs (latent tendencies) come to the forefront through their biases. That is amply evident in Hindu academia in the west today.

This thread is not about Muslims. Indian/Hindu culture already empowers women and has done so for millenia. Certain social norms, that have changed due to the invasions of the Abrahamics (muslims and then christians) have had an effect on the Hindu psyche today. Easy example is the law outlawing homosexuality which the prudish British put into law but then excoriated India for not legalizing it (they just revoked that law a couple of years ago LOL).

Western feminism, also does NOT speak for universal women’s rights. Western anything does NOT represent unversality of that point. This type of cultural jingoism is what must be destroyed. Like you said. Not all perspectives are the same and western perspectives on life are most definitely at the lowest rung of human development. That is why they are called mlecchas.

Cultural hegemony is what most non-western people are against. Good example is the oft-repeated lie that the Lingam is a phallic symbol. Sick idiots who could only think of base instincts came up with that interpretation which is completely against Hindu philosophy and now it is paraded as if it is fact. That is why it is dangerous for mlecchas to be allowed to teach (even learn IMO) Hinduism/Yoga. They are too undeveloped to understand the philosophy and thus must stick to their abrahamic cults.

"I have lived in Bharat and now live in mleccha-desha (west). "

Why are you here to beginwith?

Why didn’t you just stay in India?

"That’s because Christians form a majority in the US. They are oblivious to the denigration of other religions especially their brother-religion Islam. They portrayed Obama as Nataraja on Newsweek. I wonder what the response would have been if they portrayed him as that dead jew on a stick jesus as “lord of nothing”.

LOL! “Christians” have nothing to do with Newsweek. To the current US “multi-cultural” zeitgeist led by the liberal media, Eastern symbolism is “cool, hip” - as is Obama. Therefore to juxtapose Obama with an Eastern symbol is just one more way of promoting the “easternization” of the West, which fits in well with the multi-cultural agenda.

What, you’ve never heard of “Piss Christ”?

In the liberal led, anti-Christian, multi-cultural media, Christianity and its symbols take a regular beating.

Read up on “cultural marxism”.

Somebody like you, a “mystical easterner from an ‘ancient’ culture” with your hatred of “the West” would be like a soothing balm to the increasingly leftist media of our increasingly “multi-cultural” United States. Indeed, you would serve to cause “reflection” in the hearts of all big, bad White Americans, especially the proverbial Satan of the World - “The White Male”.

People like you play right into the hands of the cultural marxists behind our media.

“Western feminism, also does NOT speak for universal women’s rights. Western anything does NOT represent unversality of that point.”

Western Feminism speaks for WESTERNERS.

If “Easterners” don’t like it, there is absolutely ZERO reason for them to immigrate to Western countries.

People who feel the “need” to immigrate somewhere should immigrate ONLY to countries that are compatible with their cultural norms and mindset.

Multi-culturalism is turning into a farce, and a dangerous one at that.

The liberal, bleeding-heart, sufferers of misplaced “white guilt” (another form of “the white man’s burden”) who are in charge of the government of European countries are finding that out - the hard way.

While it may not be possible (and certainly not politically correct) to send these people BACK, what they can do is place a ban on all immigration from hence forward.

Not all cultures are compatible.

There is not always a net gain from “mixing” - no matter how well-intended.

[QUOTE=kareng;62017]Astrology…as a long time practitioner I can tell you with confidence that this new age will not be embracing religions or anything that divides us…now put your thinking cap on Neeches !![/QUOTE]

As a non-born Hindu, non-Indian, I recognize Sanatana Dharma as the great catalyzer of this process… It’s hardly plausible that people would unite to such extent (spiritually) without a philosophy body to shelter and guide this process.

It’s also interesting to remember that to consider Sanatana Dharma as a mere religious line that has little relevance to anyone outside the cultural environment of India is a great reducionism. But since Sanatana Dharma was born and developed in Bharata, it may not ressonate to a westerner, so it seems a bit like a paradox.

Sanatana Dharma can offer this exactly because of its broad nature not to mention it can even live with the nastika lines that sprouted out of it like Buddhism and so on.

It’s not reasonable to expect this union to be of a pasteurizing nature, where people will all have the exact same mindset and inclination, so in this point again I see the advantage of the ressurection of society based on the whole of Dharma.

All if this is something the Abrahamic religions lack and they are indeed dying, and if they don’t die they will kill each other if they persist on their exclusivism.

I was enjoying reading this thread a few days ago: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2954

[QUOTE=Sarvamaṅgalamaṅgalā;61937]There’s no Hindu “spin” on yoga, just like there is no mathematical “spin” on calculus. Yoga is Hindu in its nature.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I really don’t know how someone can say “hindu spin on yoga”, makes no sense.

Originally Posted by kareng
Astrology…as a long time practitioner I can tell you with confidence that this new age will not be embracing religions or anything that divides us…now put your thinking cap on Neeches !!

I recognize Sanatana Dharma as the great catalyzer of this process… It’s hardly plausible that people would unite to such extent (spiritually) without a philosophy body to shelter and guide this process.

Why is it neccessary for people to “unite”? Quite frankly there are ways of life, perspectives and cultural traditions that I want to stay FAR away from forever and ever.

Having them around me is NOT going to “expand my human experience” or “add value” to my life or my particular culture.

This is the problem with cultural-relativism and multi-culturalism as an end in itself. It assumes, quite naively, that I have something positive to gain from exposure to each and every culture.

While I don’t seek to “wipe out” any religion or culture en masse, like commenter Nietzsche does, I sure has heck do not want to mix, mingle and absorb every single cultural idiosyncrasy this planet has to offer either.

Let them have their space and me have mine.

I think we have found a nice pair, a white supremist and an Indian supremist. If their horoscopes match, they can get married.

Sarvamangala, you must’ve drunk alot of liberal-white-guilt-global-multiculturalist Kool-Aid if you think merely not being a cultural relativist means one is automatically a “White Supremacist”.

:roll:

LOL! Coming from you that is really rich!

This is rather amusing since I respect the perspectives of all other cultures and religions with the exception of the Abrahamic ones.

To answer your question, like Surya Deva, I am NOT a “cultural relativist”. So while I have respect for perspectives that fall in line with progress and positivity, I do not have respect for perspectives that are backwards and sexist. All perspectives are not equal.

No they are not equal, but they are not all wrong either.

Define “backwards” Mrs. White supremacist. Does “backwards” mean non-white or non-Western?

I understand your reasoning but I can say that it is narrow-minded. I myself do not like sexist ideologies such as those present within every single religion but [B][U]I empathize[/U][/B] with them, unlike you. I understand that many Muslim women take pride in wearing burqas just as the upper-class Chinese women took pride in being subservient to men.

As we were discussing immigration and Feminism here, it is a fact that immigrants from cultural backgrounds that have had no Feminist influence are backwards with regards to women. That conflicts with the social norms they find themselves surrounded by when they immigrate to Feminist Countries, as we are hearing about the many problems in Sweden, Holland and other European countries that take in Muslims from non-Feminist, patriarchal predominantly Muslim countries.

Define backwards and we can move on from there. Until then, you are sounding like a chauvinist to me.

And it is ironic you should be complaining about the treatment of women within Islam since at the zenith of Islam’s height, women were treated better than they were in the Western world for [U]centuries[/U].

As I said before, you should empathize with these perspectives rather than denouncing the entire package due to a single defect. These perspectives emerge in times of considerable societal and economical strain, as in the case in the majority of the world, and die out and soon as these nations become materially prosperous.

Those governments are CRAZY for allowing in masses of people who do not share the Feminist values of their societies. It is a recipe for disaster to have such severely conflicting values in one small geo-socio-political space.

You are absolutely right. Our ancestors and those of the Muslims and the Chinese, were absolutely crazy to associate with such a backwards and miserable place as the Western world.

You see, I wasn’t wrong in labeling you as a white supremacist.

What -are you the only one allowed to criticize Muslims? Have you “no respect for the perspectives of other cultures in this world” either?

This is laughable as you are jumping to conclusions here. I respect some of the [B]social[/B] perspectives of other ideologies, even Islam, [B]with respect to their era.[/B]

I do not respect the supremacist and exclusivist [B]religious[/B] ideologies in these Abrahamic cults.

They should help their own homelands out. The US and much of the Western World is in a deep economic recession. We need to get back on our feet before we can play Sugar Daddy to the world again.

Except for the fact that you will never again be able to play “Sugar Daddy” to the world. The Western world, thankfully, is dying and the rest of the world won’t have to deal with its racism, white supremacy, and jingoism as much.

The cycle is reversing. The West had the rest of the world sing to its tunes for 300-400 years. Now, Asia will have the West sing to its tunes for a few more millennia. :smiley:

At the rate things are going I’m probably going to need a country to immigrate to and get a new job in myself in the not so distant future, so the sooner Indians and Chinese can get their places together the sooner I and other Americans can immigrate there!

What a filthy racist.

It amazes me to see the kind of Western excrement that accept our practices and still go around being contemptible currs.

Since you are ignorant of the connection between White Nationalism and interest in Hinduism I have some links for you but am unable to post any until I have made at least 15 posts on this website.

The fact that you know such websites exist is worrisome. :stuck_out_tongue:

For starters you can go to seedofjapheth DOT wordpress DOT com and read about his recent decision to convert to Hinduism. You can also read his blogs about how White Pride does mean hatred of non-White people, just as South Asian Pride, Desi Pride or Hindu Pride does not mean hatred of non-South Asians, non-Desis or non-Hindus.

I don’t want to read sick shit such as that.

It is possible to take pride in one’s family, heritage, culture and religion without hating others.

Hurr durr, thanks for enlightening me Sherlock.

What bothers me are people who accept the practices of another religion/ideology but go around defaming that religion/ideology.

Being multi-cultural and multi-national myself, I have nothing against the Multi Cult as long as the cultures being multiplied are progressive and positive. However I would strongly advise someone such as yourself to [U]move as far away from “The West” and Western people as possible because it’s obvious you hate us.

I actually hate your elitism, jingoism, and white supremacy. I admit, however, that it my frustration at anger at such ignorance often breaks the line between people and ideology.

The world is a big, beautiful place, there are so many countries you could go to. Since you seem to be of Indian origin, why don’t you go there?

If you can figure out a way for a 16 year old to liquidate his “property” and emigrate to another country, that would be great.

Don’t hate.
Appreciate.

How ironic.

As far as the “Gori” that’s what people in India called me so I’m using it as my moniker.

Don’t hate.
Appreciate.

I’m not surprised.

However, if the Indians you met in India knew your views, they would have called you a “kuti” or a “kamini.”

[QUOTE=GORI YOGINI;62273]Sarvamangala, you must’ve drunk alot of liberal-white-guilt-global-multiculturalist Kool-Aid if you think merely not being a cultural relativist means one is automatically a “White Supremacist”.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Gori Yogini, you must’ve drunk a lot of conservative white-dominance-global-sectionalist Kool-Aid if you think being a white supremacist is not being racist or jingoist.

Let them have their space and me have mine.

I agree completely.

So why the f- are you practicing Yoga?

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;62171]I love the Western media.

“Secular” Congress Party (and very corrupt).

“Hindu fundamentalist” Bharatiya Janata Party (not corrupt and cares about India).[/QUOTE]

Look, all this nonsense of people thinking dancing is banned in India comes from the sickular CONgress.

Manish Tiwari of the CONgress has criticised Shushma (BJP) for dancing: “BJP has disrespected the Raj Ghat. We have asked for Sushma’s (Swaraj) apology for dancing and singing there. This has shamed India.”

Shushma (BJP) answers: “We are patriotic people. We will sing, swing and dance on patriotic songs till our last breath.”