Yoga and Sex vs Celibacy

[QUOTE=panoramix;62761]Brahman, Tao, Yahv?, Manitu, Allah, Spirit, Ahura Mazda, Universal Consciousness, Atman, Aton…[/QUOTE]

all of those are not synonomous

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;62756]Dear Friend:

“Accepting them” is great whittling down (of the ego too).

Thanks, anand

p.s.
The internal locations of sun and moon are given [I]Yoga Shikha Upanishad.[/I] I am not calling the particular chakra as sun or moon. Pl pardon me if my words conveyed that sense.[/QUOTE]

Whittling down Ego? Why for?

This translation of the Yoga Shikha gives no location as to the whereabouts of the sun and the moon.

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/yogasikha.html

Is this a faulty translation or abridged?

[QUOTE=The Scales;62801]Whittling down Ego? Why for?

This translation of the Yoga Shikha gives no location as to the whereabouts of the sun and the moon.

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/yogasikha.html

Is this a faulty translation or abridged?[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend:

Whittling down Ego? Why for?

How else will you “accept” them as masters? Ego and surrendering are closely related. They are the exact opposites.

Re. Yoga Shikha Upanishad, Pl get hold of the original text. You may find it on the web. Look for Ch.5, v-32 and 33. The translation at the above link is highly abridged.

Regards, anand

Sahasara:

Indians are fast catching up and surpassing the rest of the world in encashing the ancient sciences

What do you mean “catching up”? They were the FIRST to commercialize and capitalize on ‘ancient sciences’.

Anand,

" I think you have to ask these questions to your Guru, as only Guru will know the processes taking place in you."

If your so called " guru " is not a guru at all, but just a fiction hiding beneath the name and image of a guru, then such a thing would be completely disasterous.

" Even then, if you ask me, perfection in Vajroli and Khechari practices of Hatha Yoga, lead to experiencing Amrit"

Even you do not know this - you are just repeating things out of your own borrowed knowledge, it has no roots in your own direct living experience.

Anand,

“Going against this yoga rule would constitute pradnya aparadha, violation of wisdom”

Wisdom is not something that can be violated, but your speaking as though you are wise is certainly your own violation.

“Thus the aspirant is set up on the path of realising the atman, the goal that is unique to Hinduism.”

You are assuming that there is such an Atman to be found anywhere in your being. Groping in a dream, one continues speaking of a dream.

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62821]Anand,

" I think you have to ask these questions to your Guru, as only Guru will know the processes taking place in you."

If your so called " guru " is not a guru at all, but just a fiction hiding beneath the name and image of a guru, then such a thing would be completely disasterous.

" Even then, if you ask me, perfection in Vajroli and Khechari practices of Hatha Yoga, lead to experiencing Amrit"

Even you do not know this - you are just repeating things out of your own borrowed knowledge, it has no roots in your own direct living experience.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend:

Patanjali’s yoga sutra no.7 says that direct perception, inference and competent evidence can be considered as proofs. The knowledge “borrowed” from classical Yoga texts is considered as [I]“aptavakya”[/I] i.e. direct evidence of the yogis.

I am not here with any claims about myself.

regards, anand

[QUOTE=AmirMourad;62822]Anand,

“Going against this yoga rule would constitute pradnya aparadha, violation of wisdom”

Wisdom is not something that can be violated, but your speaking as though you are wise is certainly your own violation.

“Thus the aspirant is set up on the path of realising the atman, the goal that is unique to Hinduism.”

You are assuming that there is such an Atman to be found anywhere in your being. Groping in a dream, one continues speaking of a dream.[/QUOTE]

Dear Friend:

Logical proof of existence of [I][B]atman[/B][/I] is available from the proper understanding of the [B]Doctrine of Karma[/B].

You may read the small treatise having this title and written by Swami Abhedanand.

regards, anand

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;62818]Dear Friend:

How else will you “accept” them as masters? Ego and surrendering are closely related. They are the exact opposites.

Re. Yoga Shikha Upanishad, Pl get hold of the original text. You may find it on the web. Look for Ch.5, v-32 and 33. The translation at the above link is highly abridged.

Regards, anand[/QUOTE]

I see. Well I thank you I’ll take a look for it.

EDIT: I’m not finding it in engrish. Just sanskrit do you have a link for it in english?

I still have an ego but i’ve been instructed by the BEST.

[QUOTE=The Scales;62838]I see. Well I thank you I’ll take a look for it.

I still have an ego yet - i’ve been instructed by the BEST.[/QUOTE]

Good One!

anand

Any hints / tips from you on this forum for recognising a Guru?

anand

[QUOTE=The Scales;62800]all of those are not synonomous[/QUOTE]

Amen.

[QUOTE=The Scales;62838]I still have an ego but i’ve been instructed by the BEST.[/QUOTE]

Who?

[QUOTE=panoramix;62848]Who?[/QUOTE]

A celestial master assigned to me.

Basically.

celestial…

but incarnated in flesh?

or just astral?

assigned only to you?

[QUOTE=panoramix;62852]celestial…

but incarnated in flesh?

or just astral?[/QUOTE]

not incarnated in flesh.

not astral - he can see there - but that is not his station so to speak.

i’m not quite sure of his exact location.

as far as being assigned only to me I’m getting a ‘no.’

Ok.

So you can feel that a lofty entity is guiding you, giving your concerns and doubts the proper answer, suggesting you techniques and practices, and pushing you to the right path…

Lucky you!

How did it start?

So you can feel that a lofty entity is guiding you.

Lol - yes I can feel him.

giving your concerns and doubts the proper answer,
don’t have any doubts. Yes he answers questions.

suggesting you techniques and practices
Yes. Sort of. It’s guidance. We work together.

and pushing you to the right path.
It’s mission fulfillment guidance…

Lucky you!
I understand why you would say this. But it’s not luck.

How did it start?
hmmm. well. impulse propelled me to study and practice the yogas on my own. Once I was mature enough he just made his presence known.

“Patanjali’s yoga sutra no.7 says that direct perception, inference and competent evidence can be considered as proofs. The knowledge “borrowed” from classical Yoga texts is considered as “aptavakya” i.e. direct evidence of the yogis.”

Anand,

Again, you are quoting Patanjali and other sources. I was not commenting about the content of your message, in fact I agree with much of what Patanjali and others have said in other scriptures. But we are not discussing whether what they have said or not said is true or false. We are discussing whether one is speaking out of ones own direct experience, or whether one is just repeating whatever knowledge has entered into ones mind - whether one has just information, or whether one has come to a transformation. Fundamentally - it comes down to your state of being.

“Logical proof of existence of atman is available from the proper understanding of the Doctrine of Karma.”

If your true nature is beyond logic, then how can you supply logical proof for it ? If Truth could be proved, then you can write a thesis about it or conduct an experiment in a laboratory for it. But it does not work like that.

Yes, there are some people who have claimed to have found logical proof which is irrefutable for Atman. There are people who also claim to have found irrefutable logical proof for God, as well as people who claim irrefutable proof for the existence of no-God. And there are Buddhists, who like those dogmatic Hindus, have stated that they have irrefutable evidence for Anatman (no-self), and the only way to come to this is through study of the Buddhist dharma.

Of course, any tradition will claim that their philosophy is right - because otherwise their very existence comes under threat. Traditions need followers, otherwise they will simply disappear. The same has happened with all of the world religions.

Celibacy ??? I don’t think so, besides there is a whole sect (if you may) that romances the kundalini through sexual practice. Please refer to the Vaigyan Bhagav Tantra. Namaste.