YOUR SALAD goes through radiation treatment and nitrogen treatment

Every mixed greens package goes throuhs x-ray which reduces some nutrients content to %50 !!! and this is considered “priority of ensuring food safety” by USDA

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2010/100527.htm

BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE!

They don’t study the effects of consumption of these tinkered with foods on a cellular level in a human being - over a long period of time.

Is vitamin content degradation the only factor for analysis?
Are they observing molecular structure changes, and the effects those changes have on a wide range of people?
Phytonutirent content degradation?

Food is complex and it’s compositional factors go beyond just vitamins. The vitamins, minerals, protein, carbs, fibers, sugars and phytonutrients (if any) all work together synergisticly within the Whole food to provide the human body exactly the things it needs to operate in the way it’s used to operating over these past countless years. Food is in and off itself perfectly balanced by the intelligence that guides nature and when man fools, futzes and farts around with it . . . (mostly in the name of commerce) he can undermine that intelligence and cause harm. This is not a new revelation by me now…

Plus. And this is the Big one for me the FDA doesn’t require them to explicitly state on the ‘product’ packaging the processes. If it was irradiated or fumigated or whatever else they do to the ‘product’ we wouldn’t know by reading the label now would we? They approve these processes and off the ‘product’ goes to market and the american buys the ‘product’ under the assumption that if its on the store shelves it must be safe.

This should change.

I don’t trust anything that isn’t organic and I’m working to take it one step further and grow all my families food. It’s a sad state of affairs when we can’t trust our food or water anymore.

[QUOTE=David;51472]I don’t trust anything that isn’t organic and I’m working to take it one step further and grow all my families food. It’s a sad state of affairs when we can’t trust our food or water anymore.[/QUOTE]

I would not trust every label that says organic neither. FDA requirements for organic labeling are very unclear sometimes and sometimes vary very slightly from non-organic requirements. The do not look at molecule structures and other things THE SCALES has mentioned.

MOREOVER everything that was placed in the package can be called organic, but it is not a good food anymore. Growing your food is the only way to get good true nutrients. Unfortunately some climates are not good such as here in Florida.

My friend always says: listening to you I want to lay down and die, sound like everything is horrible and uneatable…

I think that we should not get scared and frustrated over this, but BE AWARE AND TAke CARE:)

[QUOTE=CityMonk;51443]Every mixed greens package goes throuhs x-ray which reduces some nutrients content to %50 !!! and this is considered “priority of ensuring food safety” by USDA

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2010/100527.htm

BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE![/QUOTE]

My response to this fact would be not to buy any mixed greens that are in the package. Moreover, mixed greens are very easy to grow even here in Florida, even in the pot on the window or on the porch

Gardening is the way to go. I'm still getting kale, I have the plants buried in about 2 feet of leaves. Can go out and pick it even in the dead of winter.

this is from early july

Gardening for the win! Reminds me I need to start planning for raised garden beds. Spring is just around the corner. I just got five hens last spring that just started laying eggs, plus I have my two duck hens that lay eggs every day. They are hilarious!

I buy veggies from the local farmers market and co-op. It is all “no-spray” at the very least. My favorite farmers grow with only compost. If you don’t grow your own, talking to the farmer is the way to go.

[QUOTE=The Blind Guy;51564]Gardening is the way to go. I'm still getting kale, I have the plants buried in about 2 feet of leaves. Can go out and pick it even in the dead of winter.

this is from early july[/QUOTE]

good for you! what about billions who live in the city? should they move to the middle of Idaho:)

[QUOTE=mehm;51606]I buy veggies from the local farmers market and co-op. It is all “no-spray” at the very least. My favorite farmers grow with only compost. If you don’t grow your own, talking to the farmer is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

the only one way to check it is to live there and look every day… unfortunately growers would go out of business if they chose to sell pure organic products just like the ones we grow for ourselves…

but local growers at least do no use radiation…

[QUOTE=CityMonk;51735]good for you! what about billions who live in the city? should they move to the middle of Idaho:)[/QUOTE]

LOL

gardening is a luxury that I am priveledged to be able to do.

I actually live in the heart of metro Detroit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Urban Gardening is becoming a huge industry. In Seattle there is a Urban Farming coop that has all kinds of organic seeds, soil and even chicken supplies! I am a bit further out from the heart of Seattle and feel blessed to have land to have a garden. A lot of lettuces don’t mind growing indoors. Just think of picking your own fresh salad growing right from your kitchen window! Scrumptious.

[QUOTE=CityMonk;51736]the only one way to check it is to live there and look every day… unfortunately growers would go out of business if they chose to sell pure organic products just like the ones we grow for ourselves…

but local growers at least do no use radiation…[/QUOTE]

I know several farmers in my area that grow completely natural crops. California is full of these places.

[QUOTE=mehm;51791]I know several farmers in my area that grow completely natural crops. California is full of these places.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I’m going to move to Cali. Here in Florida very few people care about this…

[QUOTE=The Blind Guy;51564]Gardening is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. My family had a huge, huge garden back where I grew up, but now the space for growing crops is much more limited. I still grow some things, though. Tomatoes, carrots, celery, string beans, eggplant, and cucumbers just off the top of my head.

CityMonk why don’t you fire off a quick email to the “company” who “provides” you salad at your grocery and ask them . . .

“Do you Radiate or fumigate or in anyway futz with these spinach greens / salad greens?”

Then please come back here and tell us what they say!

[QUOTE=CityMonk;51850]Thats why I’m going to move to Cali. Here in Florida very few people care about this…[/QUOTE]
As someone who is moving to Florida this summer, there will be one more person in FL who is into gardening :slight_smile: Of course, I’m going to get a couple acres so I won’t have to do the urban gardening thing.

I can’t wait to grow all sorts of tropicals again! WOO!

[QUOTE=The Scales;52450]CityMonk why don’t you fire off a quick email to the “company” who “provides” you salad at your grocery and ask them . . .

“Do you Radiate or fumigate or in anyway futz with these spinach greens / salad greens?”

Then please come back here and tell us what they say![/QUOTE]

it is a FDA requirement… go to the FDA website

what if someone consume the bacteria and and will get diarrhea for two days? :slight_smile: he will sue the company right away… what is someone gets cancer in 20 years…can he sue the company for that…maybe not

[QUOTE=CityMonk;53493]it is a FDA requirement… go to the FDA website

what if someone consume the bacteria and and will get diarrhea for two days? :slight_smile: he will sue the company right away… what is someone gets cancer in 20 years…can he sue the company for that…maybe not[/QUOTE]

I see. Well I’m going to pretend like I don’t know anything about the FDA’s rules and I’m going to email a lettuce company and ask them about what they do to the salad . . . or spinach.

Ninja Style. Wish me Luck!

I wonder if they do this in Australia… sorry for the colour change, I just noticed The Scales did it, and I thought it would be fun. Maybe I’ll do it from now on.