Article: Holy-Spirit-is-not-the-same-as-Shakti-or-Kundalini

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;63266]WOW!

How [B]isn’t[/B] that amazing? You went to one of the most prestigious Science/Tech universities in the world! The MIT of India!

I prostrate myself before your lotus feet! Teach me everything I need to know about Engineering!![/QUOTE]

Dear Friend:

I humbly take that as a compliment. Although rather unnecessary. For the simple reason that even the best science/tech schools of the world offer only empirical knowledge that is a minuscule fraction of the gnosis that a person like me cannot even imagine.

Somewhere down the years, like many of us here, I came to know that Yoga, or the Science of Inner Engineering, if I may use that phrase for Yoga, opens the door to that gnosis.

By divine Grace (which I earlier thought was my own intelligence), I got an opportunity to enter into this zone by learning a few asanas and pranayamas under a young swami (he did not even tell me his name) at Shivanand Ashram, Hrishikesh.

Further down the years, after practising various aspects of Yoga in bits and pieces, by divine grace I was led to a “person” who initiated me into Mahayoga.

At that point, I did not even know what Mahayoga was. When he instructed me to simply sit with eyes closed, I did so. When I opened my eyes he said the initiation is over. I asked “what? but I just sat down.” Others around me laughed and told me I was sitting for an hour. I confirmed it on my watch.

For another few years I still did not believe that I had received Shaktipaat Initiation and continued in my earlier bits and pieces.

However, Divine Grace finally made me realize, (through experiences of course), that I was indeed initiated into Mahayoga in the way described in the ancient Kularnava Tantra, with my initiating Guru belonging to a reliable lineage.

You may visit:
www.mahayoga.org

www.shivomworld.com

I hope I have not bored you with all this.

regards, anand

[QUOTE=Anand Kulkarni;63270]Dear Friend:

I humbly take that as a compliment. Although rather unnecessary. For the simple reason that even the best science/tech schools of the world offer only empirical knowledge that is a minuscule fraction of the gnosis that a person like me cannot even imagine.

Somewhere down the years, like many of us here, I came to know that Yoga, or the Science of Inner Engineering, if I may use that phrase for Yoga, opens the door to that gnosis.

By divine Grace (which I earlier thought was my own intelligence), I got an opportunity to enter into this zone by learning a few asanas and pranayamas under a young swami (he did not even tell me his name) at Shivanand Ashram, Hrishikesh.

Further down the years, after practising various aspects of Yoga in bits and pieces, by divine grace I was led to a “person” who initiated me into Mahayoga.

At that point, I did not even know what Mahayoga was. When he instructed me to simply sit with eyes closed, I did so. When I opened my eyes he said the initiation is over. I asked “what? but I just sat down.” Others around me laughed and told me I was sitting for an hour. I confirmed it on my watch.

For another few years I still did not believe that I had received Shaktipaat Initiation and continued in my earlier bits and pieces.

However, Divine Grace finally made me realize, (through experiences of course), that I was indeed initiated into Mahayoga in the way described in the ancient Kularnava Tantra, with my initiating Guru belonging to a reliable lineage.

You may visit:
www.mahayoga.org

www.shivomworld.com

I hope I have not bored you with all this.

regards, anand[/QUOTE]

It was not boring at all. I actually found this highly interesting!

Thank you for the information!

Hi, interesting discussion, even though there hasn’t been added any new comments lately.

Main problem with discussing prana, the holy spirit and kundalini is by and large that sciptures doesn’t explain the differences and nor do most spiritual teachers etc. The energy is noticed, often manipulated (if possible) and stored/used/allowed to flow/pass through whatever matrix is in focus etc. for various reasons, but rarely dissected and categorized.

Even though various Christian mystics may have experienced kundalini awakenings or slight raisings, this fact doesn’t necessarily mean that the ‘holy spirit’ - in the Biblical sense - is the same. On the contrary, one may be related to the Earthly domain whereas the other is extended from various foci far beyond our normal conception. In the ‘new age’ bizz there is unfortunately a degree of ‘oneness’ thinking at the present time which doesn’t really take the smaller or larger differences into account.

If people don’t see and register the various forms of prana, chi etc., then the whole discusion becomes intellectual, albeit with spiritual connotations.

I therefore strongly suggest all spiritually inclined persons to register the various forms of energy that they experience and compare notes.

What is the ‘colour’, feel and sensation of the energy?

In which direction does it move/flow?

Which agent, method or spiritual contact triggered the experience?

• and so on …

Over the years one may find the energies changing.

Let’s for forms sake take a notable example of a spiritual transformation that most people may have heard or read about; namely Krishnamurti’s.

In my next post I will use him as a prime example of various energies related to spiritual transformation and ‘higher’ states of consciousness/energy. Untill then …

Paramanu,

“All you can do is prepare the garden, the flower must bloom on its own.”

Welcome.

Ruach. Hebrew word for spirit/wind/breath
I can’t spell the Greek word. But it means the same.

Learn Hebrew. Its the only way to learn the Bible in depth. All translations are “versions” of the origanal.

As for the two people arguing. Take it to private messaging. When and if you two come to a common understanding. If you reach this point,then post that refined information. As for now,its like watching impurities burn. Which anyone who knows nature knows this can take a long time. Depending on the fire used. :wink:

Well, thanks for the welcome. :smiley: This is not a long reply and definitely not about, e.g., K. However ‘burning out’ the impurities is not an option on a private chat nor in this forum. Not an argument, not a private talk, but a necessary clarification; the understanding does not come from scriptures, jewish, hindu, jain or otherwise. It comes from direct observation and evaluation. If I want to ‘burn’, then I wouldn’t talk or observe. I’ll be fire/agni myself/herself - which for all possible good reasons is not my choice; been there, done that and found it wasn’t the end of the road. Bis bald …

Breaking ideas.down through logical deduction and reasoning without fallacy is the fire of words. When you cannot break something down anymore,then you have your ash. The body that does not burn.

As for becoming Agni. Trust me. All life is burning to death. Literally,you burn in a fire you cannot see.

Do you know the philosophy of the alchemists?
If you “burned” in the literal since. I am sorry :confused: the moist heat of vulgar fire hurts. I’ve been their.
Yet in this new context.
If ruach is the spirit of the breath.
Then know the body contains a living water.
And when they are sublimed by a most secret fire.
They unite. And one is rejuvinated.

This can also be done with plants. Except the body soul and spirit of the plant must be seperated first.
It literally must die before it can be reborn.

Fortunately in man. We are born cursed. The elements of man are already seperated.

In short I was just saying y’all need to come to a common understanding. But! Ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, important point; we are all burning; “I didn’t start the fire …” etc., but sorry; you are already in the argument at the (for you) final conclusion, which seems to me not to allow for any other manifestation of energy other than your own - advaita or non-advaita - in that everything in the end goes in for the total combustion. Well, no big deal; maybe I just chose the wrong forum - perhaps I should readress another crowd. The opinions here seem fixed, that’s why some yoga people don’t seem to understand christianity and sufis I guess; soft energy is always going to be ‘burned’ and the result’; … “snakes and ladders”

PS: Once watched a visiting Yogi scorch the finer energies of a Sufi tekke in a two day intensive - call it progress? At least allow for a discussion of OBSERVATIONS to take place before you enter Mahashiva in the equation. No offense; I better call it a day. See you all later.

[QUOTE=bjoy;77413]Paramanu,

“All you can do is prepare the garden, the flower must bloom on its own.”

Welcome.[/QUOTE]

Is not even the preparation of the garden a happening of its own, tracing backwards; all karmic ?action? is preceded by a desire that is stimulated from a thought of the mind which was an interpretation of a conscious notion that arose through awareness spontaneously from the absolute.

[QUOTE=Avatar186;77437]Learn Hebrew. Its the only way to learn the Bible in depth. All translations are “versions” of the origanal.[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps experience the language of the absolute and transcend the bible to the source.

[QUOTE=Avatar186;77479]This can also be done with plants. Except the body soul and spirit of the plant must be seperated first.
It literally must die before it can be reborn.

Fortunately in man. We are born cursed. The elements of man are already seperated.[/QUOTE]

That which was never born will never die and therefore there will be no rebirth.

[QUOTE=paramanu;77484]Well, no big deal; maybe I just chose the wrong forum - perhaps I should readress another crowd. The opinions here seem fixed, that’s why some yoga people don’t seem to understand christianity and sufis I guess; soft energy is always going to be ‘burned’ and the result’; … “snakes and ladders”[/QUOTE]

Like someone once said; “opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one and they all stink!” most seekers are simply attempting to affirm their beliefs since the truth does not fit their opinions.

Make the hard soft. Water is excellent at making hard things soft.
make the soft hard. Fire works great for this.

Just because my opinion seems fixed. Does not mean it is,nor does it mean you can’t introduce a volitile opinion.

As well. My statement was not that everything goes into total combustion in the end.
it was that life itself is this fire.
Metabolism is composed of catabolism and anabolism.
Metabolism is the fire. Energy is released through oxidization.
Metals oxidize.
humans oxidize.
Plants oxidize.
Oxidization is the unseen fire of life.
That’s what I meant.
Literally if you didn’t oxidize the air you breath,you would die quickly.

Few things are eternal. But I agree with you for most part killeen.

Paramanu. I don’t always state things. But when I do. It does not mean my opinion is fixed. Not at all! :slight_smile:
Not too mention all my knowledge comes from observation.
this whole advaita non-advaita nonsense I know nothing about.

[QUOTE=Avatar186;77495]Few things are eternal. But I agree with you for most part killeen.[/QUOTE]

Is there a need to view anything as right/wrong or agree/disagree, you write your finite conscious thoughts through the limited tool of language, a misinterpretation is made by the reader and the responses return as stated above, this seems to be how human consciousness expands, nothing personal is happening, it all does seem to be a bunch of non-sense, the opportunity to satsang is a welcomed like of this mind, thanks.

You are so true, Ray.

And you do not write your finite conscious thoughts through the limited tool of language?

To satsang we all must be in agreement?
Or we must ponder things without caring if it’s truth or not?

Christianity says you are a sinner.

Evil spirit can exist only if your mind is evil.

Christianity is a way how to make you a slave of god.

Samadhi is a way how to make you a god.

Evil mind talk about evil.

Enlightened mind talk about light.

World is a mirror of you mind.

If you are evil, then you talk about evil.

If you are happy, you talk about happyness.