Christianity And Reincarnation

[QUOTE=thomas;47970]They probably read the Old Testament the night before. Or maybe some Christians dressed up as Hindus did the trampling. Could be a Christian scheme to wipe out Hindus.

But somehow or other this is the fault of the evil Christian West with some help from their evil Islamic brothers.[/QUOTE]

Actually, according to the official report, it all started when some people were arguing over the jeep/rickshaw prices for transporting people back from the gathering of Hindus who were there to commemorate an important event on the Hindu calendar. Then, there was apparently some sort of road rage in which the jeep ended up going straight for the congregation of Indians. They panicked and started to run, resulting in a stampede. The whole fiasco was completely unexpected and the resulting stampede understandable, considering the number of people gathered there. However, the whole thing could have been organized better.

Nah, not this time Thomas. :smiley:

Prayers for the deceased and for the family of the deceased.

Hmm…a jeep was involved–a product of the evil West and capitalism.

Yep…it’s the fault of the evil West.

[QUOTE=thomas;47977]Hmm…a jeep was involved–a product of the evil West and capitalism.

Yep…it’s the fault of the evil West.[/QUOTE]

Gasp* Damn right you are! YOU!!! YOOOOUUUU!!!

:smiley:

Mind you, I don’t really believe that capitalism is that bad of a system, insofar as the uplifting of the masses is concerned. What I problem with is that it tends to create a horrifyingly materialistic and ignorant society and tends to encourage vices and “dirty business.”

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;48007]Gasp* Damn right you are! YOU!!! YOOOOUUUU!!!

:smiley:

Mind you, I don’t really believe that capitalism is that bad of a system, insofar as the uplifting of the masses is concerned. What I problem with is that it tends to create a horrifyingly materialistic and ignorant society and tends to encourage vices and “dirty business.”[/QUOTE]

Ignorance is due to a lack of education…education will continue and ways are being developed all the time to improve teaching methods…

Vices will be there with or without Capitalism…

Materialism, it’s an individual choice as to how far into materialism you want to go…thats not a problem you can soon limit yourself…

Its important that the formula for spiritual advancement continues in these things…many people strive for this in the west…but now it is moving towards the formula being practiced without a religion attached to it. We have had enough blood shed on record, in history to know better…we are heading that way…

There’s plenty of hope for mankind…its the environment/changes that worry me more…

[QUOTE=kareng;48059]Ignorance is due to a lack of education…education will continue and ways are being developed all the time to improve teaching methods…

Vices will be there with or without Capitalism…

Materialism, it’s an individual choice as to how far into materialism you want to go…thats not a problem you can soon limit yourself…

Its important that the formula for spiritual advancement continues in these things…many people strive for this in the west…but now it is moving towards the formula being practiced without a religion attached to it. We have had enough blood shed on record, in history to know better…we are heading that way…

There’s plenty of hope for mankind…its the environment/changes that worry me more…[/QUOTE]

True. Then again, look at the U.S. They brag about their literacy rates and yet their masses are frustratingly ignorant and foolish. Thanks to the materialism inculcated by capitalism of course.

But to what degree will the vices be there?

Or can you? Most people don’t have the willpower to do that you know.

Hopefully. Maybe get rid of Christianized/Westernized biases along the way right? You can get rid of religion all you want, but the memories and influence will still be there.

Me too. I personally think that our impact on the environment will overtake any good changes we make.

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;48061]True. Then again, look at the U.S. They brag about their literacy rates and yet their masses are frustratingly ignorant and foolish. Thanks to the materialism inculcated by capitalism of course.

But to what degree will the vices be there?

Or can you? Most people don’t have the willpower to do that you know.

Hopefully. Maybe get rid of Christianized/Westernized biases along the way right? You can get rid of religion all you want, but the memories and influence will still be there.

Me too. I personally think that our impact on the environment will overtake any good changes we make.[/QUOTE]

Again you are lumping Americans altogether…you cant do that with any country, I dont need to point out all the differences people have.

Vices are inherent in mankind…they will be there for a very long time to come…they will be no different to what has always been there. The degree will vary too

There are many western people who are happy and content with the basics…this is so of everyone, it will vary, some will do with less, others will want more.

Memories fade in time…it doesn’t take long either…a few generations thats all.

The chronic setback of world wide development is we only have so many natural resources…hopefully technology will find us some alternatives…we are in the great technology age

[QUOTE=kareng;48069]I have the willpower to want what I need and not much more…my brother is the opposite and has a whole list of things he wants, he is wealthy and enjoys
spending.
There are many western people who are happy and content with the basics…

Global communication will lift many out of ignorance.[/QUOTE]

And many more who are not.

Hopefully it will…or it might just reinforce stereotypes, notions of superiority, and nationalism. :o

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;47971]Here’s one website I’ve found. Just as a point of interest & not that I believe any of this bible stuff…

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen03.html[/QUOTE]

A really good contribution to the thread. I enjoyed reading it.

[QUOTE=Asuri;48081]A really good contribution to the thread. I enjoyed reading it.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad someone else liked it!

[QUOTE=kareng;48069]Again you are lumping Americans altogether…you cant do that with any country, I dont need to point out all the differences people have.

Vices are inherent in mankind…they will be there for a very long time to come…they will be no different to what has always been there. The degree will vary too

There are many western people who are happy and content with the basics…this is so of everyone, it will vary, some will do with less, others will want more.

Memories fade in time…it doesn’t take long either…a few generations thats all.

The chronic setback of world wide development is we only have so many natural resources…hopefully technology will find us some alternatives…we are in the great technology age[/QUOTE]

No, I am lumping together the majority of Americans.

Once again, the vices inherent in mankind can become aggrandized to great proportions due to certain influences.

They will not fade with time. Look at the Internet for example. There is no need for oral histories or written works that can be twisted throughout the ages and are vulnerable to destruction. All the collective thought of much of humanity exists on the Internet and that isn’t even a fraction of what the Internet contains. Our technology will ensure that these things are preserved Kareng, atleast as long as the human race lasts. And provided that our technology is growing at a ridiculous rate…

Hopefully. And hopefully, there exists somewhere in the universe habitable planets, planets in which races trashed by the Western and Islamic world can coexist peacefully, away from this wretched world.

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;48083]I’m glad someone else liked it![/QUOTE]

I liked it too~!

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;48097]No, I am lumping together the majority of Americans.

Once again, the vices inherent in mankind can become aggrandized to great proportions due to certain influences.

They will not fade with time. Look at the Internet for example. There is no need for oral histories or written works that can be twisted throughout the ages and are vulnerable to destruction. All the collective thought of much of humanity exists on the Internet and that isn’t even a fraction of what the Internet contains. Our technology will ensure that these things are preserved Kareng, atleast as long as the human race lasts. And provided that our technology is growing at a ridiculous rate…

Hopefully. And hopefully, there exists somewhere in the universe habitable planets, planets in which races trashed by the Western and Islamic world can coexist peacefully, away from this wretched world.[/QUOTE]

Aquarius doesn’t like secrets. Their aim is to know everything about mankind…all secrets will be revealed in this age.

Anything thats opening the door to a secret will fit in the Aquarian age.

Worldwide Communications will bring people together, the Internet, sites like this…its all a move to bring us closer together…this is the Aquarian world.
Understand everyone, community issues, equal rights, save this and that…Aquarius can have desire to know all about you. This is where the secrets part comes in…,.they cant bear not to know so we will be more and more exposed…you can see this with Facebook and cameras everywhere, quite simply, big brother watching you…with this, behaviors will be easy to monitor and correct. Troublemakers will be targeted…it can reach extremes and then you have a Dictatorship. Russia is an Aquarian ruled country…it doesn’t mean we will have wordwide Communism as we know it but an improved version…

Uranus, Aquarian ruler, is the planet of Technology, it also causes rioting and Anarchy usually on humanitarian grounds.
It also causes things to happen suddenly…sometimes with regret…we are only at the beginning of this age…

[QUOTE=kareng;48153]Aquarius doesn’t like secrets. Their aim is to know everything about mankind…all secrets will be revealed in this age.

Anything thats opening the door to a secret will fit in the Aquarian age.

Worldwide Communications will bring people together, the Internet, sites like this…its all a move to bring us closer together…this is the Aquarian world.
Understand everyone, community issues, equal rights, save this and that…Aquarius can have desire to know all about you. This is where the secrets part comes in…,.they cant bear not to know so we will be more and more exposed…you can see this with Facebook and cameras everywhere, quite simply, big brother watching you…with this, behaviors will be easy to monitor and correct. Troublemakers will be targeted…it can reach extremes and then you have a Dictatorship. Russia is an Aquarian ruled country…it doesn’t mean we will have wordwide Communism as we know it but an improved version…

Uranus, Aquarian ruler, is the planet of Technology, it also causes rioting and Anarchy usually on humanitarian grounds.
It also causes things to happen suddenly…sometimes with regret…we are only at the beginning of this age…[/QUOTE]

Once again, you have successfully caused me to question whether you DO consume certain chemical substances or not.

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;48182]Once again, you have successfully caused me to question whether you DO consume certain chemical substances or not.[/QUOTE]

…We are in the Aquarian Age…I realise you are obviously of limited education in this area…don’t worry…

Did you know that Millionaires use the Stock Exchange but Billionaires use Astrology?..Discussed in highbrow financial meeting…

Well you will watch this unfold in your lifetime…

[QUOTE=kareng;48375]…We are in the Aquarian Age…I realise you are obviously of limited education in this area…don’t worry…

Did you know that Millionaires use the Stock Exchange but Billionaires use Astrology?..Discussed in highbrow financial meeting…[/QUOTE]

No, it is rather you who is of limited education, with respect to history.

Wow, really? Damn, I will tell that to Bill Gates next time I see him. So he used astrology in deciding to drop out of Harvard and getting his company a task from IBM to program their machines, causing them to eventually become a company larger than IBM itself? That is CERTAINLY new news to me.

[QUOTE=Nietzsche;48427]No, it is rather you who is of limited education, with respect to history.

Wow, really? Damn, I will tell that to Bill Gates next time I see him. So he used astrology in deciding to drop out of Harvard and getting his company a task from IBM to program their machines, causing them to eventually become a company larger than IBM itself? That is CERTAINLY new news to me.[/QUOTE]

Knowing how to use the Stock Market at the right times silly Billy Britches

[QUOTE=kareng;48436]Knowing how to use the Stock Market at the right times silly Billy Britches[/QUOTE]

*Laughs out loud until his lungs burst and his diaphragm no longer functions"

Yeah…nice story there. Joe Kennedy definitely knew how to use the stock market prior to the Great Depression. No Astrology involved. Just economic savvy.

No you still don’t get it, the right times makes it easier…

[QUOTE=kareng;48459]No you still don’t get it, the right times makes it easier…[/QUOTE]

Yeah…once, he was having his shoe shined by someone on the streets. While the man was shining Kennedy’s boots, he told him that he managed to invest in the stock market. This touched off bells in Joe Kennedy’s head. If a mere beggar to invest…so he withdrew all his money. And whaddaya know? The stock market crashed the next day = GD! I don’t see astrology involved in there. Economic savvy once again. And you are right, “right” times make it easier.