Kundalini and the Breathless State

umunhum:
Can I be honest here?
I sense from your posts a strong ego identity.
Which with this path you are on, is not necessarily a bad thing.
But at this point in your journey, I think you are playing with fire
if you don’t seek out a proper Guru and really humble yourself
at their feet.
This path deals with incredible energy, and the possibility for harm,
ego inflation, and getting sidetracked (if not outright falling) are very real.
This is just my opinion of course.
Again I applaud your determination, experimentation, and progress.

umunhum,

I just wanted to remind you that there are some who gather much benefit from you going through the trouble of recounting your experiences! It’s much appreciated as information like this seems to be very rare.

Please continue to post your experiences!

I found this bit of info surfing the net:

The tongue is metaphorically described as a phallus (lingam), while the cranial cavity is described as a womb (yoni).This is more than just a metaphor, though. Sigmund Freud postulated that a newborn infant’s suckling reflex was essentially an erotically driven operation, and that the erotic sensation gradually descends to the genitals with development. There is a nadi which links the tongue with the swadhisthana chakra, or sex center.I have experienced the transference of erotic energy from the swadhisthana region to the tongue, and it is definitely what drives the tongue to make such powerful movements. Honestly, I don’t think I would have been able to overcome the fear and pain involved if it weren’t so intensely gratifying at the same time. The fact that sexual metaphors have been utilized in various Shastras to describe kechari mudra and the processes that develop from it has had some unpleasant consequences. People who read these passages without understanding what they are really meant to be describing get the mistaken impression that they describe some sort of modified/ritualized sex act. Experimentation with this misconception has resulted in some pretty mind-blowing ways of having sex, which are then mistaken for awakening kundalini, samadhi, etc. Consequently, lineages of “Tantric Sexual Yoga” have been perpetuated that have obvious “marketing” advantages over those that understand & practice brahmacharya. As Muniji describes it, the flesh of the soft palate actually turns into a sphincter - like structure which closes up when the tongue comes down again. It is my own speculation that the tough, protective membrane called the dura mater remains intact, and sheathes the tongue when it protrudes upwards

The region affected by this pressure is the center of the underside of the brain- the area known as the limbic system. Rajarshi Muni described how the tongue pressed upon what he called a “bundle of nerves” with the result that sensory experience was cut off completely. Due to it’s location and function, I believe this “bundle” that Muniji described was the upper section of a structure called the Reticular Activating System, through which all sensory information travels to get to the higher brain centers. This is the final and complete form of pratyahara- perfect sensory isolation. [B]The full forms of dhyana and samadhi[/B], with the subsequent effects described in the Shastras, [B]are wholly dependent upon the completion of this process in its spontaneous form[/B]. Note that the activity of kechari mudra on the pineal and pituitary glands has some very profound effects on the whole body- a kind of “reversal of puberty,” it would seem part of the process of becoming an urdhvaretas Yogi. It should be noted that the “tasting of nectar” has something to do with this. Most people seem to think that “nectar” or “sweetness means the taste of snot from having the tongue in the sinus cavity. This is not amrita!

When you have an orgasm, the turbinate areas of the nostrils dilate. This allows the tongue to go up to the tenth gate as far as it can go . If you are in Kechari Mudra, the orgasm does not take place in the genital area. It feels like the tongue somehow redirects or captures the energy that is suppose to go down to the genitals. The energy or orgasm expresses itself at the tip of the tongue which is pressing on the bundle of nerves right below the bone that blocks the entrance to the tenth gate. It feels like the tongue is shocking this area with this energy. As I’ve stated in one of my earlier posts, in Kechari stage 4 the role of the tongue is to eventually break through this bone.

Needless to say, I’m really interested in learning more about Tantra Sex. The only thing I’ve ever read about this is in one of his Satsangs, Satyananda said that as long as you don’t lose the Kumbhaka (don’t inhale), you don’t lose the Bindu (ejaculate). After the breathless state is achieved, this is child’s play.

Here’s another bit of info that put a big smile on my face:

Once the Kundalini awakens, it does not go to sleep. It tries its best to assist the Sadhak to reach his goal in this lifetime itself. However, if the death intervenes before reaching the destination, then Kundalini power rises in the next incarnation to help the Sadhak advance further in his path. In this way Kundalini Shakti becomes a constant companion of the Sadhak, incarnation after incarnation, till he merges into the ultimate. It does not sleep. Once awakened it will remain with the Sadhak for keeps sake.

Constantly throughout the day I am checking to see which nadi (Ida or Pingala) is flowing and try to keep my tongue in the open nadi touching the bundle of nerves above the turbinate area. It feels like the tongue is shocking this area with electricity. It is too much of a hassle to constantly breathe. I would rather just remain breathless. I am becoming proficient in internal Nadi Shodhana. I don’t like sitting and doing it though. I prefer doing it during a walking meditation. As I wrote in an earlier post, I like taking 4 steps on the inhale, 4 steps on the inhale Kumbhaka, 4 steps on the exhale and finally 4 steps on the exhale Kumbhaka. After doing this for a few minutes my turbinate areas dilate similar to when I have an orgasm. I do this for about an hour at a clip and make sure my tongue is firmly pressing on the bone above the turbinate areas on both sides of the nostrils. I’m pretty confident that when the turbinate areas dilate, the prana is flowing up the Sushumna or Brahma nadi (center of the Sushumna).

According to Ramana the world we are experiencing not only has nothing to offer you, it doesn’t even exist. It is a creation of the mind when the light of consciousness is placed through the mind and the five senses. The electricities of the world do not give you pleasure. What they do is stimulate the senses enough to quiet the mind. The mind needs time to exist and so when you are presence in the moment experiencing an electricity, the mind is quieted enough to let your consciousness express itself for a brief moment without the mind. This brief moment of consciousness, being “in the now” is where the love, peace and bliss comes from.

When the moment is over the mind kicks back in (time awareness) and then attributes that brief moment of consciousness (Bliss, Peace, Love or Pleasure) to the electricity that you experienced. This creates Samskaras or desires. And so all desires are just perversions of the desire to be still and know that you are GOD! That is why Jesus said we are all sinners. We don’t understand that it is this stillness within you or GOD and GOD alone that is responsible for all of our bliss.

This is a very important concept to grasp! It is not the loss of your long lost love that caused you so much grief or turmoil. Somehow she had the ability to quiet your mind (desires) enough to allow you to feel the presence of The Divine within you. And she could only do it for a brief amount of time. Yoga will give you the ability to quiet your mind and feel the presence of The Divine forever.

Ramana had absolutely zero interest in things like tantric sex, and even systems like kriya yoga. He, and Advaita generally, cut through everything and focus entirely on self-inquiry - Who am I?

I found this bit of info surfing the net:

The tongue is metaphorically described as a phallus (lingam), while the cranial cavity is described as a womb (yoni).This is more than just a metaphor, though. Sigmund Freud postulated that a newborn infant?s suckling reflex was essentially an erotically driven operation, and that the erotic sensation gradually descends to the genitals with development. There is a nadi which links the tongue with the swadhisthana chakra, or sex center.I have experienced the transference of erotic energy from the swadhisthana region to the tongue, and it is definitely what drives the tongue to make such powerful movements. Honestly, I don?t think I would have been able to overcome the fear and pain involved if it weren?t so intensely gratifying at the same time. The fact that sexual metaphors have been utilized in various Shastras to describe kechari mudra and the processes that develop from it has had some unpleasant consequences. People who read these passages without understanding what they are really meant to be describing get the mistaken impression that they describe some sort of modified/ritualized sex act. Experimentation with this misconception has resulted in some pretty mind-blowing ways of having sex, which are then mistaken for awakening kundalini, samadhi, etc. Consequently, lineages of ?Tantric Sexual Yoga? have been perpetuated that have obvious ?marketing? advantages over those that understand & practice brahmacharya. As Muniji describes it, the flesh of the soft palate actually turns into a sphincter - like structure which closes up when the tongue comes down again. It is my own speculation that the tough, protective membrane called the dura mater remains intact, and sheathes the tongue when it protrudes upwards

The region affected by this pressure is the center of the underside of the brain- the area known as the limbic system. Rajarshi Muni described how the tongue pressed upon what he called a ?bundle of nerves? with the result that sensory experience was cut off completely. Due to it?s location and function, I believe this ?bundle? that Muniji described was the upper section of a structure called the Reticular Activating System, through which all sensory information travels to get to the higher brain centers. This is the final and complete form of pratyahara- perfect sensory isolation. [B]The full forms of dhyana and samadhi[/B], with the subsequent effects described in the Shastras, [B]are wholly dependent upon the completion of this process in its spontaneous form[/B]. Note that the activity of kechari mudra on the pineal and pituitary glands has some very profound effects on the whole body- a kind of ?reversal of puberty,? it would seem part of the process of becoming an urdhvaretas Yogi. It should be noted that the ?tasting of nectar? has something to do with this. Most people seem to think that ?nectar? or ?sweetness means the taste of snot from having the tongue in the sinus cavity. This is not amrita!

When you have an orgasm, the turbinate areas of the nostrils dilate. This allows the tongue to go up the nasal passage as far as it can go . If you are in Kechari Mudra, the orgasm does not take place in the genital area. It feels like the tongue somehow redirects or captures the energy that is suppose to go down to the genitals. The energy or orgasm expresses itself at the tip of the tongue which is pressing on the bundle of nerves right below the bone that blocks the entrance to the tenth gate. It feels like the tongue is shocking this area with this energy. As I’ve stated in one of my earlier posts, in Kechari stage 4 the role of the tongue is to eventually break through this bone.

Needless to say, I’m really interested in learning more about Tantra Sex. The only thing I’ve ever read about this is in one of his Satsangs, Satyananda said that as long as you don’t lose the Kumbhaka (don’t inhale), you don’t lose the Bindu (ejaculate). After the breathless state is achieved, this is child’s play.

Here’s another bit of info that put a big smile on my face:

Once the Kundalini awakens, it does not go to sleep. It tries its best to assist the Sadhak to reach his goal in this lifetime itself. However, if the death intervenes before reaching the destination, then Kundalini power rises in the next incarnation to help the Sadhak advance further in his path. In this way Kundalini Shakti becomes a constant companion of the Sadhak, incarnation after incarnation, till he merges into the ultimate. It does not sleep. Once awakened it will remain with the Sadhak for keeps sake.

Constantly throughout the day I am checking to see which nadi (Ida or Pingala) is flowing and try to keep my tongue in the open nadi touching the bundle of nerves above the turbinate area. It feels like the tongue is shocking this area with electricity. It is too much of a hassle to constantly breathe. I would rather just remain breathless. I am becoming proficient in internal Nadi Shodhana. I don’t like sitting and doing it though. I prefer doing it during a walking meditation. As I wrote in an earlier post, I like taking 4 steps on the inhale, 4 steps on the inhale Kumbhaka, 4 steps on the exhale and finally 4 steps on the exhale Kumbhaka. After doing this for a few minutes my turbinate areas dilate similar to when I have an orgasm. I do this for about an hour at a clip and make sure my tongue is firmly pressing on the bone above the turbinate areas on both sides of the nostrils. I’m pretty confident that when the turbinate areas dilate, the prana is flowing up the Sushumna or Brahma nadi (center of the Sushumna).

According to Ramana Maharshi the world we are experiencing not only has nothing to offer you, it doesn’t even exist. It is a creation of the mind when the light of consciousness is placed through the mind and the five senses. The electricities of the world do not give you pleasure. What they do is stimulate the senses enough to quiet the mind. The mind needs time to exist and so when you are presence in the moment experiencing an electricity, the mind is quieted enough to let your consciousness express itself for a brief moment without the mind. This brief moment of consciousness, being ?in the now? is where the love, peace and bliss comes from.

When the moment is over the mind kicks back in (time awareness) and then attributes that brief moment of consciousness (Bliss, Peace, Love or Pleasure) to the electricity that you experienced. This creates Samskaras or desires. And so all desires are just perversions of the desire to be still and know that you are GOD! That is why Jesus said we are all sinners. We don’t understand that it is this stillness within you or GOD and GOD alone that is responsible for all of our bliss.

This is a very important concept to grasp! It is not the loss of your long lost love that caused you so much grief or turmoil. Somehow she had the ability to quiet your mind (desires) enough to allow you to feel the presence of The Divine within you. And she could only do it for a brief amount of time. Yoga will give you the ability to quiet your mind and feel the presence of The Divine forever.

[QUOTE=Anuman;84709]umunhum:
Can I be honest here?
I sense from your posts a strong ego identity. Which with this path you are on, is not necessarily a bad thing. But at this point in your journey, I think you are playing with fire if you don’t seek out a proper Guru and really humble yourself at their feet. This path deals with incredible energy, and the possibility for harm, ego inflation, and getting sidetracked (if not outright falling) are very real. This is just my opinion of course. Again I applaud your determination, experimentation, and progress.[/QUOTE]

Never start out a conversation asking if you can be honest. It implies that you can’t be trusted because you are basically bullshitting all the other times you talk. And of course I still have an ego. I haven’t reached Nirvikalpa Samadhi yet, the eighth and final stage of Samadhi. The ego does not dissolve until you reach this stage.

I use to read these boards until I realized that most are complete nonsense with very little practical information. Many boards consist of people pointing out that the other person is wrong and still has a ego as if that is a bad thing. The ego is what has kept us alive during all of our animal incarnations and it is the last thing that we surrender to complete our spiritual birth. We are all part of GOD put in an unfunctioning body. We are all there ever was and all that there will ever be. Why shouldn’t we have an ego and think we are Divine? That said, I don’t think for one second that I’m better or less than anybody else including Jesus Christ.

The problem I have with Christianity is it has completely warped Jesus’ teachings. The thing that made Jesus so great is that in his former incarnation as Elisha, he became a fully enlightened soul. It says this right in The Bible. So when he took on the task of another incarnation at the behest of the Divine to be a prophet, of course he was perfect. Christianity deifies him and puts him up on a pedestal. In doing so they put him out of reach of us mortals. How can we ever achieve what he did? He was born from an immaculate conception to a virgin. He was The Son of GOD. We can never be like him. This thought process basically undermines the whole purpose of his incarnation as Jesus The Christ. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ is when you obtain your Christ Consciousness. Jesus is not coming back, he never left.

I am being guided to do the things that I do. I don’t think I am coming up with any of the ideas in my head. Where do you think your thoughts come from? We are all channels of the Divine. Some are more attuned into it than others.

That said I pray and bow down to Jesus everyday at the end of my Sadhana. I say Jesus Prayer 5 times and then say Lord Jesus Christ please guide me, protect me, keep me from harm, give me the wisdom and the strength to find and adhere to the path, please make me more like you everyday, an instrument of your bidding, a fisherman of men. Please never allow me to say false teachings.

If I fall out of favor, I know that I will not be guided any more. I read and read and read and practice and practice and practice because I know how important this is. Before my awakening I was reading “The Second Coming of Christ” and did not like the fact that I have been lied to about who and what I am my whole life. I tried to go to a Christian Church but it was boring and I had no interest in it. The feeling that this is not the way kept popping up. Yet I felt extremely guilty because I felt as if I was turning my back on The Divine. I believe that this is the purpose of the Church. To obfuscate the path so people don’t realize who and what they really are. You cannot subjugate an enlightened populace. I feel blessed about the knowledge that I have obtained but should have learned this in my early teens like Jesus. Enlightenment would have taken place by now. I know that time is an illusion but it sure feels real to me right now.

After I started practicing and reading The Second Coming of Christ by Yogananda, I started writing what can only be described as a sermon about what a fraud Christianity is as if I am going to go to some park and start preaching to people. I read what I wrote and said WTF am I doing? I am a heathen. I’ve never read the Bible. (I tried to several times but couldn’t understand it.) I don’t know what I’m talking about. Who am I to write this nonsense? Then I asked The Divine to give me a sign if he wanted me to continue and I had the vision of a stone archway the next day. I told my yoga instructor the day after what had happened. The following day I started questioning if I wasn’t deluding myself and if that really happened. I then went out on my balcony and turned on my Kundalini. My breath then begin to stop all the time.

If you want to think that I’m a deluded idiot, go ahead. I don’t care. I am here to share what I practice and the experiences that I have had. I am a sinner! There is nothing special about me except that I practice everyday. Not only can anybody do what I have done but one day they will. It is everyone’s destiny! I wish I had come across this information years ago. I believe that as you sow, so shall you reap. And so if I continue to try to help and guide other people on this path, I will continue to be guided as well.

I am not worried at all about encountering problems. I would give up my life in a second to become enlightened. I don’t want this ego, these desires or this false paradigm any more. I want to perceive the world through my Third Eye and see it as it is. The only difference between me and a dog or a rat is the light of my consciousness is being shone through the mind and the senses of a human being instead of an animal’s. If something bad happens to me seeking The Divine, then it is his will. And so let it be.

Please tell me specifically what I’m doing wrong and what should I be doing instead? Otherwise your post is just prattle. I wish I had a living Guru. Until I find one I’m going to have to continue to rely on the teachings of Jesus and the other great spiritual masters that I continue to read on a daily basis.

I just started to be able to sit in Padmasana. My form is not that good and I can only hold it for about 30 minutes. I hope to be able to perfect the pose and hold it for 3 hours by June my 2 year anniversary of the beginning of my spiritual journey. I then expect guidance. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Obviously I’m not ready yet. Or maybe I am ready and I’m already being guided.

Ramana had absolutely zero interest in things like tantric sex, and even systems like kriya yoga. He, and Advaita generally, cut through everything and focus entirely on self-inquiry - Who am I?

I never said he did. As I wrote in an earlier post, Satyananda said that we all have hearts, minds, and organs of action so we should all practice Bhakti, Jnana and Karma Yoga as well as Raja Yoga. My main focus is Kriya Yoga but I study all of the great masters. I love Ramakrishna who was a Bhakti Yogi and Ramana who was a Jnana Yogi.

I just wanted to remind you that there are some who gather much benefit from you going through the trouble of recounting your experiences! It’s much appreciated as information like this seems to be very rare.

Thank You. It is nice to know that my efforts are appreciatied

I didn’t say you were an idiot, or that you are doing something wrong.
And yes of course ego will be in tact until it is no longer in tact.
I’m just saying that the path you have chosen, is a powerful one.
They don’t call it the razor’s edge for nothing.
The same power that contributes it to being potentially much faster than other paths, is the same power that can and does knock people on their ass - and much worse.
In order to help prevent that, a competent Guru is advised.
Even if they have flaws, as long as they are more experienced on the path, they can be of immense help.
I can see that you pray to Jesus.
May I also suggest that you pray for a competent Guru.
But you’re right, a Guru will be found when the time is right - as long as one is actually open to it and not unconsciously blocking it due to pride etc
But in my humble opinion, there is no Master in this tradition, or any other respected Wisdom tradition, that will encourage so-called sexual tantra.
It’s not only a distraction, but can potentially awaken kundalini in the partner, who may or may not be ready or interested for that ride of a lifetime.
Keep it simple, do the practices regularly, don’t get too caught up in the technical/detail aspect of it all.
Less mind/intellect/3rd eye - more heart-centered and grounded.
Anyway, like I said, you clearly have passion and discipline, and this can carry you
very far.
All the best to you in 2014 and beyond.

[QUOTE=Anuman;84725]
But in my humble opinion, there is no Master in this tradition, or any other respected Wisdom tradition, that will encourage so-called sexual tantra[/QUOTE]

Satyananda says that sex is not an impediment to the spiritual path and can actually enhance it as long as you practice the tantra techniques. (Don’t lose your Ojas or spill your seed in English terms) As I wrote earlier, a burst of energy is experienced right where the tongue touches the bundle of sensory nerves and enters the tenth gate during an orgasm if you are in Kechari Stage 3. This has put me into a pretty amazing state of “no mind” several times. It doesn’t take much of an imagination to wonder if one day Samadhi or an opening of the tenth gate will take place during sexual interaction.

The left hand path is shrouded in secrecy. Satyananda did not talk much about it saying basically that only a female guru can indoctrinate you into this like he was at the age nineteen. Obviously he found it lacking because the same year he traveled to Rishikesh and found his guru the great yogi Sivananda.

I have been told that Vamana Dhauti should be practiced because not only does it clean the stomach and the upper part of the digestive tract but it also sends several bursts of electricity up the Sushumna. I practice this technique every once in a while. An orgasm does the same thing. So does sneezing. If given a choice between the three involuntary ways of sending a burst of electricity up the Sushumna (vomiting, sneezing, and sexual orgasm), most people would choose an orgasm.

can potentially awaken kundalini in the partner, who may or may not be ready or interested for that ride of a lifetime.

Satyananda says that The Awakening of Kundalini is the greatest thing that can ever happen to you and I have to agree. David Hawkins says that we are here to evolve our consciousness. It doesn’t make sense to me to be afraid of doing what we are here to do.

All the best to you in 2014 and beyond.

I wish you success in your path as well

If you read Satyananda on the subject of left hand tantra, you will notice that there
are very precise elements that must be followed.
And that it isn’t a - “well if I’m going to have sex anyways, might as well make it tantric” path.
Read his “Vama Marga - The Practice of Left Hand Tantra” (and if you have, read it again :slight_smile:
Are you selectively picking the parts you want to hear, and ignoring the parts you don’t.
And as to your point about vomiting, sneezing, or orgasm.
The first two don’t involve a partner, and can’t trigger their kundalini where it may not be welcome or ready.
But alas, I know you are going to do what you are going to do.
Just wanted to provide a different perspective on it.

I can’t speak for Satyananda on this subject, but certainly other kundalini Masters have stated this.
Ideally, if you are going to be in a sexual relationship, it is best to be married and the partner is on a similar spiritual path - ideally with awakened kundalini if you have.
This is to emphasize the importance of a serious, loving commitment of two people, and that they be on the same page spiritually.
It might sound prude/conservative to some - but it is actually logical and for the good of the partners.
I have never heard a respected Master (past or present) speak on this subject in a casual, nonchalant, way.
It isn’t in line with the tenets of the these traditions, but it can also be detrimental (even traumatic) to casual listeners who aren’t steeped in the tradition, in regular sadhana, and qualified.
In my opinion, once kundalini is awakened and active, one has a responsibility with that.
And casual sex, even long-term relationships imo, with those who aren’t spiritual and don’t have awakened kundalini, or interest in it, is not only irresponsible, but potentially dangerous for the other person.
I know several examples from various kundalini groups I have been a part of, of this happening.
And in some cases, it was a very rude awakening, and something they didn’t know about or ask for.
It is clear where I stand on this, and you’re welcome to disagree.
I simply wanted to provide another angle for readers.

[QUOTE=Anuman;84727]If you read Satyananda on the subject of left hand tantra, you will notice that there are very precise elements that must be followed. And that it isn’t a - “well if I’m going to have sex anyways, might as well make it tantric” path. Read his “Vama Marga - The Practice of Left Hand Tantra” (and if you have, read it again :slight_smile:
Are you selectively picking the parts you want to hear, and ignoring the parts you don’t.
And as to your point about vomiting, sneezing, or orgasm. The first two don’t involve a partner, and can’t trigger their kundalini where it may not be welcome or ready. But alas, I know you are going to do what you are going to do.
Just wanted to provide a different perspective on it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with pretty much everything you wrote. First off, I don’t plan on following the Tantric Path. My path is Kriya, which is really a subset of Kundalini Yoga, which is a subset of Hatha Yoga, which is a subset of Raja Yoga. That said I like to study all forms of yoga because I believe as Siddhanath says all forms of yoga are complementary. I try many different techniques and the ones I like, I incorporate into my practice. So yes I pick and choose and Satyananda specifically says to do this. Yogananda says that all efforts to seek The Divine are rewarded.

Read his “Vama Marga - The Practice of Left Hand Tantra”

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1981/cmar81/vama.shtml

I couldn’t practice Tantra Sex even if I wanted to. I can practice normal sex and retain my bindu. I just started to be able to sit in Padmasana and there is no way I could support a female on top of me without doing damage to my knees. [B] In Tantra, the female is the guru and in complete control of the act and so there should be no surprises for her. Each person is controlling the energy flowing through them.[/B]

[B]Satyananda says that you can have sex but don’t lose your bindu. This is for all Yogis not just those specifically seeking enlightenment through Tantric Sex. [/B] I know for a fact that I’m doing this correctly because I have no loss of energy after an orgasm. Whereas before I started practicing these techniques, I was extremely tired after having sex.

Think of Yoga as an engineer not as if it is some mysterious black box that if you don’t open it correctly it will explode. We all have Chakras that need to be opened and Nadis that need to be cleaned and balanced. The way you do this is you send energy to the parts that need work. When I do a walking meditation performing Nadi Shodhana my nostrils clear and dilate. This means that they are balanced. I have read in many books that when you achieve this, the prana is now moving up the Sushumna. (I know that sitting is more effective because of the pool of blood this creates at the base of the spine but I prefer walking) The same thing happens when you have an orgasm and practice the Tantra techniques of Uddiyana Bandha, Vajroli Mudra and Kechari Mudra. The nostrils dilate and a burst of energy then travels up the Sushumna and expresses itself right at the tenth gate. To me this is a good thing because all day long I’m trying to get electricity to this spot. It feels like holding my tongue there is like shooting it with a rifle and sending an orgasm there is like blowing up an atom bomb. (all orgasms vary and so sometimes it is milder but you get my point.)

But alas, I know you are going to do what you are going to do.

This is the part of your post that I agree with. Truer words have never been spoken. I am what I am and you are what you are.

In my opinion, once kundalini is awakened and active, one has a responsibility with that. And casual sex, even long-term relationships imo, with those who aren’t spiritual and don’t have awakened kundalini, or interest in it, is not only irresponsible, but potentially dangerous for the other person.

What are you talking about? None of this makes any sense! When I have sex with a girl, there is no possibility of her Kundalini turning on unless she is practicing certain techniques that she is in complete control of.

You have this fear of spiritual progress that I think is completely misplaced and simply can’t understand. Is your Kundalini on or are you speaking from ignorance? There are times when I think my progress is going way to slow, I haven’t progressed in months. Upon reflecting on certain milestones I realize that I’m being too impatient and need to become proficient at surrendering. (Bhagavad Gita – your job is to do the work, the results are for the Divine.) The point I’m trying to make here is that it takes effort to progress. It doesn’t just accidentally happen.

Show me someone that doesn’t want spiritual progress and I will show you an ignorant person. The sole reason we incarnate on this planet is to evolve our consciousness. Every spiritual master I have ever read says this. Jesus describes the world we are living in as Hell and your Christ Consciousness as Heaven. (As long as you identify yourself as the body or the animal in you, you are living in Hell. The Awakening of your Kundalini is similar to the jail cell of Hell opening up and allowing you to get out. And you claim that some people aren’t ready to escape?

Satyananda disagrees with you that you and your partner need to be on a similar spiritual path. Everybody has a different set of Karma and so different inclinations. The masters I have read said go ahead and live in the world but be steady in your spiritual practices and you will find that as you progress your worldly desires and attachments will all fall one by one.

AYPsite Tantra Lessons also completely contradict everything you wrote. There is no ideal world. Live the one you’ve got. And like a courtroom, I don’t believe in hearsay.

What puts me off any yoga / spiritual forums and discussions is that most of the people talk about what they have read, heard, what they think, etc, but very little about their own experience, the wisdom they have attained. Perhaps (I came to know) because they don’t have any real spiritual knowledge to talk about.

That’s why it’s a pleasure, amigo Umunhum, to read your comments and answers in this forum.

Thank you.

umunhum:
I’m sorry but you’re wrong.
The partner does not have to be doing anything in order to have kundalini awakened.
It can happen in many ways in fact - reiki session, traumatic event, etc - but the sexual act with one who has awakened kundalini is particularly potent.
If you don’t believe me, look into what Kundalini/Tantric/Siddha Gurus (past and present) have said on the subject (not just generally on sex)
As for me, yes Shakti Ma is awake here, and no I have not personally triggered kundalini with someone during sex. But I have been involved with various Gurus and communities over the years, and I have seen it happen several times.
Call it hearsay - but it’s the truth.

joelop:
Perhaps check your wisdom gauge, because on this point at least, you are siding with someone you think is talking from experience/wisdom, and it’s simply not the case.

Better not to rely on intuiting who is coming from where.
Better to rely on what is known/tangible/proven.

[QUOTE=Anuman;84744]

As for me, yes Shakti Ma is awake here[/QUOTE]

How did you turn your Kundalini on? Specifically what were you doing at the time of Awakening? What did you experience?

What practices do you do in your Sadhana? Why?

What Gurus do you follow? Why?

This is the type of discourse I like to participate in.

[QUOTE=Triston;84744]
joelop:
Perhaps check your wisdom gauge, because on this point at least, you are siding with someone you think is talking from experience/wisdom, and it’s simply not the case.[/QUOTE]

I have not wisdom to know whether his conclusions are wrong or write, but his courage and trust in what he’s doing is inspiring. He is not scare of trying new methods and wants to help others. He might be wrong in some of his conclusions, but the Buddha was also wrong at some point in his spiritual endeavor but eventually he realized his mistake and was able to reach enlightenment.

[QUOTE=Triston;84744]
Better not to rely on intuiting who is coming from where.
Better to rely on what is known/tangible/proven.[/QUOTE]

My experience in forums tells me that people loves talking and talking about what they may have read in a book or article. They come with explanations pretending to be experts but soon you realize they don’t know what they are talking about. Too much intellectual discussion with very little wisdom; I’m tired of this so please, let me listen to my intuition for a change and see what happens :slight_smile:

I received Shaktipat from Gurumayi (Siddha Yoga) at age 16.
Soon after, many left due to various allegations that surfaced - including many “inner circle” and long-time swamis etc.
So I also left at that time.
Ever since Ma Shakti has been unfolding in a natural and spontaneous manner.
I should add that while I’m interested in Kriya Yoga, I’m not looking for another sadhana.
Sadhana is very simple (not easy :slight_smile: - sitting an hour a day and surrender to Ma Shakti.
All necessary things - kriyas, hatha, mudras, etc happen spontaneously and naturally by Her.
There is no question of an I that is doing anything.
And no doubt whatsoever that Ma Shakti is the inner Guru - the Intelligence - that runs the show - and knows exactly what is needed for Self-Realization.
The I hasn’t dissappeared entirely, but when it does try to assert, it is recognized quickly and surrendered.
For reference, it is precisely what I have read about Mahayoga (Tirth lineage).
I must agree with them that for those who are drawn to this path, by Grace, it must be one of the most simple, direct, and potent methods for Self-Realization.
I also think their guidelines are helpful (no meat, alcohol, garlic/onions, etc) although I haven’t followed them strictly in my life (for various reasons) and it seems to be going fine.
Ma Shakti also makes clear when things are needed - for example no meat for a time, or even more meat at times for grounding/energy.
I’m sure because of my path/experience that is all surrender, I was triggered by um’s posts.
But I don’t meant to interfere, and I don’t pretend to be an expert.
So to um and joelop and anyone else, please disregard these earlier comments.
In the end, my deepest wish is for everyone to find inner joy.

Pranams

A quote from the Great Yogi Jesus Christ; Matthew 6 22:

“The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”

Jesus is clearly telling us that you can serve the body or you can serve the Divine depending on where the “light” of your consciousness is placed. While surfing the net, I found this familiar diagram that I posted earlier that has been photoshopped. I don’t particularly like the fact that both the bone that an advanced practitioner of Kechari presses on to shut off the sensory nerves and the nasal turbinate area have been eliminated. But this diagram helped me to understand some very important specifics of the workings of the body.

Me - Medulla Oblongata Po - Pons Pi - Pituitary Gland
(you might have to hit the Ctrl button and the + button at the same time a few times to increase the size of the picture and see these initials on the above diagram - to return to normal font hit the Ctrl button and the - button)

We have all heard that we only utilize 10% of our brain. This concept is misunderstood by many people. You do use 100% of your brain. Its just that the mind only has the capacity or capability to use 10% of it at one time. Whereas when you can transcend the mind, you can then utilize 100% of your brain at the same time. This has been demonstrated by scientific experiments monitoring yogis in deep meditation (Samadhi). When you take into consideration that every one of our 100 billion neurons may be connected to 10,000 other neurons sending information through synaptic connections, it doesn’t take much literacy in mathematics to understand that the capability of utilizing 100% of the brain is not a ten fold increase in comprehension over utilizing 10% of the brain but an exponential one.

This sounds all great and everything but what exactly does transcending the mind mean? You must shut down everything that is powering it up. This includes all sensory perceptions, your breathing apparatus (diaphragm), circulatory system and digestive system. Be Still And Know That I Am GOD!

Looking at the photoshopped diagram, you can clearly see that there is a gap in the spinal column that is bridged by the lower brain sometimes known as the reptilian brain that is only concerned with fight or flight; survival and procreation; food, sex and wanting to be the biggest brightest peacock in the world. This is where our ego and desires come from. Everybody wants to be Chief Big Feather with all the adornments and these desires will continue as long as electricity is flowing through this brainstem.

The goal of yoga is to connect the Consciousness or Anahata Chakra to the Ajna Chakra through Brahma Nadi which runs right up the center of the Sushumna. (The soul with your Christ Consciousness which will then allow you to tap into the Cosmic Consciousness). You don’t want electricity to flow through the Medulla Oblongata because that brings about Body Consciousness or as Jesus put it, you serve mammon. You want the electricity to flow through the tongue right to the Pituitary Gland. This is multistage process. The nadis must be opened, balanced and cleared. Slowly over time the Sushumna is able to carry an increasing load of electricity. When the electricity gets strong enough, Chakras open and the tongue eventually busts through the Tenth Gate allowing you to drink from the Holy Grail or taste the Amrit. When the Pituitary gland is stimulated with this electricity, copious amounts of this nectar is produced. When this nectar makes it into the bloodstream, Samadhi takes place.

It is possible that this nectar anesthetizes the brainstem. A powered down brainstem would explain the near death experiences that people have had where their heart stopped and they experience peace, love, warmth, felt the presence of the Divine, etc. What happened to them is their body really did die and the electricity stopped flowing to the brain stem. When their heart started back up, sensory perceptions returned sending electricity back to the brainstem and body consciousness returned. For a brief amount of time, they experienced what a yogi experiences in Samadhi when he diverts the electricity from the lower brain stimulating the pituitary and pineal gland to produce the amrit.

A Wikipedia search on parts of the brain reveals the following information;

The [B]Medulla Oblongata[/B] is the lower half of the brainstem that connects the higher levels of the brain to the spinal cord, the upper half being the Pons. The medulla contains the cardiac, respiratory, and vasomotor centers and deals with autonomic (involuntary) functions, such as breathing, heart rate and blood pressure, sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.

The [B]Pons[/B] is part of the brainstem that links the medulla oblongata and the thalamus. The pons contains nuclei that relay signals from the forebrain to the cerebellum, along with nuclei that deal primarily with sleep, respiration, swallowing, bladder control, hearing, equilibrium, taste, eye movement, facial expressions, facial sensation, and posture.

The [B]Thalamus[/B] is perched on top of the brainstem (right above the Pons), near the center of the brain, with nerve fibers projecting out to the cerebral cortex in all directions. The thalamus has multiple functions. It may be thought of as a kind of switchboard of information. It is generally believed to act as a relay between a variety of subcortical areas and the cerebral cortex. In particular, every sensory system includes a thalamic nucleus that receives sensory signals and sends them to the associated primary cortical area.

(The Thalamus would still be active in stage 4 of Kechari, just receiving electricity from the tongue instead of the senses.)

Notice that this brainstem is all about the senses, respiration, and circulation. The very things we are suppose to shut down to reach Nirvikalpa Samadhi. I know from experience that when the breath shuts down, part of the mind shuts down. When the breath stops, the time based reality, thinking about the past and the future happens only when you make a concerted effort to focus on it. I have read that when you can shut off the senses, you make it to Samadhi or the Void. When you raise the Kundalini through the Brahma Nadi with the energy going to Sahasrara, Enlightenment takes place. The key is directing where and how the electricity flows in your body. The purpose of a mudra is to redirect the energy flows in the body. The purpose of Kechari Mudra is to get the prana to flow through the Brahma Nadi also known as the middle of the Sushumna. This is why Kechari Mudra is called the King of all Mudras.

From the book Mejda ( a book about the early life of Yogananda) Page 279:

During the practice of Kriya the prana (and therefore the mind or consciousness) withdraws from the senses and pierces the cerebrospinal chakras as it is drawn upward and becomes settled at the top of the Sushumna … Through the performance of Kechari Mudra, that divine life-current draws the prana from the senses into the spine and directs it up through the chakras to Vaishvanara (Universal Spirit), uniting the consciousness with Spirit. The entire body is thereby spiritualized and energized. As a result, a perceptible glow may emanate from the body.

The goal of Yoga is to bypass the Brainstem or transcend the mind. Basically what Jesus was saying in Matthew 6 22 is that the electricity in the body can flow or take one of two paths (heaven or hell). One gives you body consciousness, the other gives you GOD Consciousness.

hi umunhum
I like to understand a few things especially from your experience that i cant put together. Where is the secret spot, g-spot exactly? and how to switch from one nostrill to the other or to get them both open? you know, i believe that khechari is the key to yoga but to master the basics i need to know some basics that can help me along which have done the magic quit well. but those are difficult to understand cause many opinions brings only more confusion. Pleas can you clarify it with some diagrams or pictures i have read so many but no success with understanding.
i thank you for your understanding.

Depending on the Bible that you read and due to translational issues, there are many different interpretations of Matthew 6 22. Some translations say when thine eye is single, some say when thine eye is good, open, healthy etc. To me it all means the same thing. Jesus is saying when the consciousness is placed in the spiritual eye (Ajna Chakra, Pineal Gland) through yogic methods, you experience GOD Consciousness. When the consciousness goes through the brainstem and you are seeing the world through your two physical eyes, you experience body consciousness.

When you are a child, the pineal gland controls the endocrine system and you are closer to GOD because of this. After puberty, the pituitary gland takes over control of the endocrine system. With this the pleasure creating center that was dominated by oral stimulation (survival) drops down to the genital area (procreation). You lose touch of happiness coming from being and begin to seek your happiness in obtaining. As Jesus said, you must become like children to enter the kingdom of heaven.

I still occasionally sun gaze. I like to do 5 or 10 minutes in the morning at sunrise for maximum protection of the ozone layer. Satyananda says that he never knew anybody that practiced sun gazing that didn’t get cataracts and so didn’t recommend it. I try to follow Satyananda’s teachings as much as possible and so it is better to do trataka on a candle flame, your eyes in the mirror or your lovers eyes. I am still attracted to the fact that HRM’s pineal gland was 2.5 times the size of a normal persons.

In Revelation 1 12 Jesus revealed himself to his disciple John:

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and [B]out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword[/B]: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

John saw something like this:

The 7 golden candlesticks are the 7 chakras that the yogis talk about. The metaphor of the tongue appearing as a sword is interesting being that the tongue is used like a sword in Kechari to cut open the Tenth Gate. I know that the idea of your tongue breaking through the Tenth Gate sounds strange, incredible, and may bring out feelings of apprehension. When my Vishuddha opened and my tongue expanded, it felt like my tongue was having an Incredible Hulk type experience where his muscle expand so much that they rip apart the clothes he is wearing. I could feel some pain signals but they were more than overwhelmed by feelings of blissful energy. I instinctively knew that something profound was happening to me. Believe me when I say that when this happens to you, and it will because this is your destiny, you will be in a state of complete ecstasy wanting more.

Here is another passage from The Bible that describes the Sushumna, Sahasrara, Chakras, and the Ida and Pingala Nadis – Zecharia 4 2:

*He asked me, “What do you see?”
I answered, “I see a solid gold lampstand with a bowl at the top and seven lamps on it, with seven channels to the lamps. Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.”

Occasionally I will read the internet to see the interpretations of The Bible from ministers and priests. I don’t understand how someone could dedicate their life to The Divine, be altruistic and yet be so clueless about the true meaning of The Bible and Jesus’ Teachings. Jesus was one of the Greatest Yogis to have ever lived. But when you deify him and ignore his teachings it undermines the whole purpose of his life. How anyone can think Jesus’ dialogue in Matthew 11 29 is anything but a reference to Yoga is beyond me:

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Another interpretation - Come unto me, for my yoke is easy and my lordship is mild, and you will find repose for yourselves.

The word yoke means join. The word yoga means join. Revelations 5 10

The Lion (Jesus) of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
John 14 12 [B]Anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done and even greater works[/B].

From the Gospel According to Thomas:

Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, “These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom.” (referring to Kechari reaching the Amrita)

And if you make the male and female one, so that the male is no longer male and the female no longer female, and when you put eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in the place of a hand, and a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image, then you will enter [the Kingdom!"] (referring to Kechari, Shambhavi, and Meditation)

Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."
Jesus said, “I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven.”

What do you think Jesus meant by a female “making” herself male? I think you know what I believe Jesus is referring to.

[QUOTE=joelop;84734]That’s why it’s a pleasure, amigo Umunhum, to read your comments and answers in this forum.[/QUOTE]

I am grateful for you as well. I didn’t know what to do with my tongue after I made it to Kechari Stage 2. I had spent a few weeks pushing on things in my nasal pharynx area wondering where I’m suppose to press to shut off my senses. I didn’t like sticking my tongue into the turbinate areas because they were too sensitive. It wasn’t until I started surfing Michael Beloved’s site from the link that you sent me, and found the ebook on Lahiri’s letters to his disciples that I learned what to do after Kechari Stage 2.

Lahiri wrote:

There is a sticking point above the holes in the nose and it will go beyond that - gradually. Don’t force it; if you do so you can injure yourself. It will do its work after higher Kriya.

[Editor’s note.—
This is some advanced instruction for khechari mudra----
"There is a sticking point above the holes in the nose and it (the tongue) will go beyond that – gradually. " “It (khechari mudra) will do its work after higher Kriya.”]

It was your expression of gratitude for my posts that helped me progress in my path. I guess you could say you helped yourself as well. It’s the strangest thing when you start seeking, synchronicity happens. The Divine works in mysterious ways.

[B]The importance to practice pranayama with balanced nadis (Ida and Pingala) cannot be overstated. As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas, “If two make peace with each other in this one house, they will say to the mountain, ‘Move Away,’ and it will move away.”[/B] You should start practice with rounds of Nadi Shodhana to balance the nadis. A walking Nadi Shodhana meditation before you sit is a good idea. For me they seem to balance quicker when I get my heart and lymph system pumping. Practice different pranayama exercises and see what works best for you to open your nadis. Practice and experiment. Yukteswar said that you will learn far more from practicing than you can ever learn in a book. The books, tapes, lectures are important but they are like a road map. To get to your destination you have to travel the path.

After balancing your Nadis, practice a few Mula Bandhas followed by some Maha Bandhas to turn your Kundalini on.

The pranayama my yoga teacher teaches is two rounds of about 100 to 200 breath of fires followed by 6 rounds of Nadi Shodhana, emphasis on the Kumbhakas. After Breath of Fire spend time just sitting in Siddhasana with the breath suspended as long as you can. Don’t hold your breath because the carbon dioxide stream will be disrupted by the pressure, just suspend your breath. When I would do this I would feel drunk with prana. Your body will tell you when you need to take a breath. Take an inhale and then hold it as long as you can. Exhale, hold it as long as you can. (make sure you are in Kechari as far as you can go) Do this about 4 times. I’ve never read this exercise in a book. We do this at the beginning of each session of asanas. And if he teaches it this way, Sivananda teaches it this way. He has the greatest reverence for Sivananda. There is nothing special about me. Sivananda says that when you have developed your Kechari far enough, the breath stops. This stillness along with uddiyana bandha is what allows the combination of prana and apana to join samana in the stomach region and ignite your Kundalini.

How Satyananda became a Sannyasin is an amazing story. After 3 years of living at the ashram he got tired of it and so called a friend in New Delhi. The friend offered to give him a job and sent him money to buy clothing and a ticket to New Delhi. When Satyananda presented himself in front of Sivananda, Sivananda asked him what he thought he was doing. I’m leaving to New Delhi tomorrow said Satyananda. And Sivananda said no you aren’t. You’re taking the vows of a Sannyasin tomorrow. And Satyananda said but I’ve got a job, bought clothes, here’s my suitcase. I’m going to be an editor and write about Yoga. You can leave for New Delhi tomorrow if you want said Sivananda, but if you get on a train, it will not go. If you get on a bus, it will not start. If you get on a horse, it will not move. Your destiny is to become a Sannyasin. And so Satyananda become Satyananda the next day – Truth in Bliss (sat means truth (what is) – ananda means bliss)

Satyananda says his Kriya 6 and 7 from the book Kundalini Tantra (Maha Bandha) are the heart of Kriya Yoga. But if in your sadhana you sit and roll off 20 Maha Bandhas without first balancing out your nadis (opening up the flow in both nostrils), you are spinning your wheels. Your Sadhana will be ineffectual. And believe me I’m no fan of Nadi Shodhana or anoloma veloma (alternate nostril breathing has several different names). I remember reading Motoyama’s book Theories of the Chakras and in it he said he would wake up at 4 in the morning and practice alternate nostril breathing for an hour. I thought there is no way I’m doing that. That would make for one boring hour.

Fast forward one and a half years later and that’s exactly what I do. Satyananda recommends doing this as an exercise to open the Third Eye. As I stated earlier I like to do it in a walking meditation. In The Teachings of Swami Satyananda Series, Satyananda says the proper ratio is 1:6:4:4. Page 444 Volume 5:

Now when you have perfected the coordination between the breathing and the bandhas, (Nadi Shodhana in conjunction with Maha Bandha) then the third point comes – the ratio. This is very important because it is directly linked with the right and left hemispheres of the brain and with the sympathetic and para sympathetic nervous systems. There has to be a ratio in pranayama not so much for the sake of oxygenation but in order to influence the brain, the nervous system, and the heart and so forth.

The ideal ratio which will completely put the mind under control so that it can’t move is 1:6:4:4, but you cannot do this right from the beginning. You must start with the minimum ratio, which is 1:2. Retention you may adjust, but the ratio of inhalation and exhalation has to be one to two. Later you can increase it to 1:3, 1:4, 1:5, 1:6.

In many satsangs Satyananda stresses the use of mantra and how important it is and so I try to incorporate mantra into my practice whenever I can. You are suppose to stick to one mantra (the one your guru gives you), but I’ve been playing around with several. I have found that Om Mani Padme Hum is perfect for a walking meditation. As Satyananda says the ideal count is 1 for inhalation, 6 kumbhaka, 4 exhalation, 4 kumbhaka. I can’t inhale quick enough on one step so I do 2:6:4:4. (I could easily inhale on 1 count if I was in a sitting practice with Maha Bandha which is what he recommends) So basically I am taking two steps on the inhalation chanting Om Mani and then holding the kumbhaka chanting Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum for six steps. Finally the entire mantra for four steps for the exhalation and four steps for the exhalation kumbhaka. So basically I say the mantra 4 times with each cycle of breath and try to give the Tenth Gate a little push of the tongue each time I say Om. The top of the nasal septum is nice to rub but I tend to focus on the tissue under the tenth gate. This tissue is so much more sensitive and so naturally your focus goes there. It seems like that there is a lot going on but you get into a rhythm and it is quite easy.

I have noticed that my nasal turbinate areas have opened quite a bit over the last two months. Before when I would raise my tongue to the Tenth Gate, I would have to slowly let the breath open them up. Now I can go straight to the Tenth Gate. I might have purified my system enough to allow this to happen. Either that or I just stretched them out. Maybe a little bit of both because they certainly dilate when you practice Nadi Shodhana.

I wouldn’t advocate doing this for an hour until you have achieved stage 3 of Kechari (internal Nadi Shodhana), but it is a good idea to do a walking meditation with your fingers for 5 minutes or so before you sit down for pranayama to balance out your nadis.

Satyananda wrote that your meditation will be a good one if you balance out your nadis first. Earlier I read that he said the left nostril open is the best time to meditate because then the Ida or Lunar force is predominate. Maybe one teaching was just for meditation only and no pranayama before meditation.

Maha Bandhas or Satyananda’s Kriya 6 and 7 are the most important exercises but you have to have your Nadis balanced (Ida and Pingala) for them to be effective. (I know that I’m being repetitive but this is that important) And you have to be able to create a good vacuum with Uddiyana and hold it. Satyananda says shoot for 90 seconds. I can’t come close to that but I’ve found that how long I hold it is a function of how tight my vacuum is. To still the tissue, I go all the way. I would rather hold the tightest Uddiyana that I can for 30 seconds than a weak one for 60 seconds. I like to pump out 30 breath of fires before going into Kriya 7. This decarbonates the blood and allows you to hold Maha Bandha longer. Experimenting with a tight Maha Bandha and then going into Satyananda’s Kriya 6 is how I activated my Kundalini.

I’m sorely lacking on the Nauli front. I perform my Sadhana when I wake up. After eating I just don’t want to practice Uddiyana. The first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is the best time to do pranayama. In the afternoon and evening I just like to slip my tongue up the open nadi and be. I’m starting to hear ringing in my ears all the time now. Lahiri talks about this in his 108 pieces of advice - #75. Animals are enchanted by music; if man is not attracted by the sound of OM, then he is an ass. To me it sounds more like a constant ringing than OM.

When I cover my ears to confirm that the sound is coming from inside, it takes me out of the breathless state. I have no idea how physiologically the eustachean tubes or the ears could play a role in the breathless state.

This is not the first time that I’ve experienced this though. My yoga instructor adjusts my head and neck in Savasana after each yoga session. He then holds my head and prays over me. I noticed when he does this I start fighting the breath to stay in the breathless state. I told him that he is stealing energy from me because he takes me out of the breathless state, he disagreed. I have noticed many times doing Maha Bandha that my ears pop. At first I thought that the ears allow some sort of air transfer but an intelligent friend told me that that would be impossible unless I had a hole in my ear drum. And so I am perplexed as to why covering the ears takes me out of the breathless state.

[QUOTE=khechara;84984]hi umunhum
I like to understand a few things especially from your experience that i cant put together. Where is the secret spot, g-spot exactly? and how to switch from one nostrill to the other or to get them both open? you know, i believe that khechari is the key to yoga but to master the basics i need to know some basics that can help me along which have done the magic quite well. but those are difficult to understand cause many opinions brings only more confusion. Please can you clarify it with some diagrams or pictures i have read so many but no success with understanding.
i thank you for your understanding.[/QUOTE]

This is the best picture that shows both the secret spot and the G-spot tissue. The secret spot is the top part of the nasal septum (the thin strip of skin between the two nostril openings). As soon as I made it into Kechari Stage 2, I felt electricity flowing through the septum stinging my tongue. It felt like sticking your tongue on top of a 9 volt battery. You can see from the pictures in my profile how the Uvula was burning up the Frenulum underneath my tongue. The white tissue was hard like a scab. Keep in mind that my Kundalini was already activated and so other people might have different experiences.

The top (Secret Spot) of the Nasal Septum is the most sensitive but I couldn’t reach it until two moths after I had achieved Kechari Stage 2 and spent 5+ hours a day with the tongue resting on the bottom of the Nasal Septum. This eventually caused me to go into a trance and my Vishuddha opened up which I described in an earlier post. The G-Spot tissue is on the back top part of the nasal pharynx area known as the Pharyngeal Tonsils (several of the photos on my profile show them). In this picture it looks like it is on the top the of pharynx but this subject has their head down like in Jalahandra Bandha. When your tongue reaches it, you will know because it feels different than the rest of the tissue in the pharynx. As I’ve stated before you can only get a poor man’s ration of the Amrita from Kechari Stage 2. Lahiri would have his disciples do 10 hours of pranayama to make it to Samadhi and I haven’t done anything like this yet. I believe such an effort would get the Amrita flowing through the Pharyngeal Tonsils.

Earlier in this post I described how I balance my Nadis (Nadi Shodhana). They dilate after a minute or two of doing this but you would not know this unless you can make it to Kechari Stage 3 (Tongue up the turbinate areas). I simply stick my tongue up one nostril and breathe in then switch nostrils and exhale. Whenever I walk any where, I am practicing Nadi Shodhana. Beginners will have to start out by using their fingers. You can tell they are balanced when both nostrils are flowing freely.

If you haven’t made it to Kechari Stage 2 yet, none of this is accessible to you and you should focus on doing 1,000 to 2,000 Talabyas a day. It only takes 2 minutes to rattle off 100 of them and they can be done anywhere. I did them in my car, in the elevator, walking to the gym, just about any time I was alone. The first few times you do them, the underside of your tongue will get sore but after you do them for a week or so your tongue will become acclimated to them and start forming a callous underneath it. This should be cut by lifting the tongue like in the first part of Talabya and looking in the mirror. The second part of Talabya is essential for achieving Kechari Stage 2. The whipping part gives the tongue the ability to curl and slide up behind the Uvula.

I recommend oil pulling to keep your mouth clean (oilpulling.com). I use coconut oil.

I hope I clarified things for you.

Right now i can easily reach stage 2 where my tongue can rest on the bottom of the septum, where i thought the secret spot was located according to ayp it is said that stage 2 should be enough to locate the secret spot, but i wanted to be sure, so i kept searching.

So this means that there is no spot on the bottom of the septum?
only on the top back and top front of the pharynx? if so than i understand.

-Early you described how to reveal this secret spot by pushing the pharynx that i didn’t understand and the only sensitivety i get is the top openings of my nosetrills that makes my eye water. How can i push the pharynx to reveal the secret spot?

-When the tip of the tongue is situated on those spots is it possible to breath? Especially when it spontaneously occurs. Is it safe in the sense that there is no epilepsy attack or something? What is your advice?

-I only do stretching, but how many times must i stretch to reach the full stage 3?

-You said five hours a day of resting the tongue in stage 2 was enough to activate the vishuddha chakra. How long must i keep up? My chakras are not activated neither are my kundalini and pranas.

-My last question is inner heat did you experience any form of inner heat caused by khechari mudra? if so how can you induce it or is it something only happening in kevali kumbhaka.

in swara yoga the art of switching the nostrils, is said that khechari mudra is the best method to master this feat. Thats why i am so interrested in knowing this method.

you are very informative, for that i thank you.