Kundalini and the Breathless State

Hi umunhum,
the black dot, what is it actually, the secret spot or the g-spot.

First off I want to clearly state that I am not an expert. I just read and practice a lot. A Guru can give you an experience, a teacher can tell you what to practice to get an experience. I am still ignorant about many things and only feel qualified to explain what I did and what I experienced.

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]Right now i can easily reach stage 2 where my tongue can rest on the bottom of the septum, where i thought the secret spot was located according to ayp it is said that stage 2 should be enough to locate the secret spot, but i wanted to be sure, so i kept searching.

So this means that there is no spot on the bottom of the septum? only on the top back and top front of the pharynx? if so than i understand.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I reached Kechari Stage 2 and could hold it for longer than a minute, I started feeling electricity flowing through my tongue. Keep in mind that my Kundalini was already on. The bottom of the septum should conduct electricity for you but the top of the septum is the most sensitive and feels like it conducts more. I couldn’t reach the top of the septum until my Vishuddha opened up and then I could feel everything in the nasal pharynx area. The secret spot and the G-Spot tissue are two separate things. The secret spot is the top of the nasal septum right at the top of where the thin strip of skin ends (it literally is this thin strip of skin - this is what AYP refers to as the alter of bliss) and the nasal holes end, and G-Spot is on the top of the back wall of the pharynx.

If I were you, I would be practicing 25 – 50 Maha Bandhas every day in your Sadhana to turn your Kundalini on. Do some after practicing Aswini Mudra for a 30 seconds (this will send Apana up the Sushumna), do some after practicing 50 Breath of Fires (this should allow you to hold the breath longer for the three pranas to combine), and do some one right after another (Satyananda’s Kriya 7 combined with Kriya 6). Pay particular attention to Mula Bandha and Nasikagra Mudra – you need to send the apana up the Sushumna and open up the Muladhara. (It sounds like you’ve read my posts so I wont go into detail about them) Rest after you do a few and let the body tell you it is time to breathe again. Don’t hold the breath while you are resting. Your body will naturally tell you how much air is needed in the lungs. Make sure you are in Siddhasana, Shambhavi and Kechari mudra while you rest. (Sham – Kech - Moo)

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]
-Early you described how to reveal this secret spot by pushing the pharynx that i didn’t understand and the only sensitivity i get is the top openings of my nostrils that makes my eye water. How can i push the pharynx to reveal the secret spot?

-When the tip of the tongue is situated on those spots is it possible to breath? Especially when it spontaneously occurs. Is it safe in the sense that there is no epilepsy attack or something? What is your advice?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t find the spot until I could hold the tongue in Kechari for longer than a minute and started playing around in Kechari while having sex one day. Sex brings a lot of electricity into the body. (I just got back from a Tantra workshop and will write my thoughts about that shortly) Because my mind was somewhat occupied, I applied a lot more thrust and pressure than I normally would and started flipping my tongue side to side. Don’t be afraid to put pressure with the tongue on the skin right above the Uvula on the back part of the soft palate. This made the top of the septum more exposed and sensitive for me. Eventually your whole tongue is going to go up there when your Vishuddha opens up and it will stretch out the skin above the Uvula quite a bit more than it is right now. This skin will eventually turn soft and pliable. When I first started going into Kechari 2 this skin was a lot more rigid than it is today.

The sensitivity in the turbinate areas will slowly subside as you spend more time in them with your tongue. I remember I could only hold my tongue in there for about 10 seconds when I first started entering into them. The fact that you have sensitivity tells me that you have electricity flowing.

Don’t worry about breathing, believe me that it is very difficult to close up one nostril trying to perform Nadi Shodhana (Kechari Stage 3) let alone trying to close off both. You have to really stick your tongue down the turbinate area to close one off. I can close off both nostrils by sticking my tongue up and touching the top of the pharynx but this ability did not come until after my Vishuddha opened. And this is a good thing and you will love it because it allows you to create extreme pressure in your lower breathing chambers. The more pressure, the greater the stillness, the more intense the breathless state is. And more importantly the greater chance it ignites your Kundalini. When you start seeing lights and hearing screeching sounds, know that you activated your Kundalini and enjoy it. The urge to breathe will disappear.

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]
-I only do stretching, but how many times must i stretch to reach the full stage 3?

-You said five hours a day of resting the tongue in stage 2 was enough to activate the vishuddha chakra. How long must i keep up? My chakras are not activated neither are my kundalini and pranas.[/QUOTE]

My Vishuddha opening occurred after I started milking my tongue. I only did this a few days and it happened. I would just make a circle with my thumb and index finger and rotate with both hands starting at the back of the tongue, gently but firmly pulling the tongue (milking) forward. I could only do this about 50 times and I would start gagging and would stop. Hopefully you understand what I mean – if not ask I will explain further. I don’t do this nearly as often as I should.

Forever! Once you make it into Kechari Stage 2, if you are not eating, drinking, or need to talk to someone, enter into Kechari. When your tongue is resting in your mouth you are not getting any spiritual growth. When the tongue is resting on the nasal septum, the electricity is flowing through your body. If your pharynx area feels dry or uncomfortable, take a break. When I feel pain from dryness I will pull out and hold the tongue in a deep Kechari Stage 1 against the soft palate. If you feel the flap of skin in the turbinate area, stick the tongue in the other turbinate area.

It took me two months after reaching Kechari Stage 2 for my Vishuddha to open. The electricity will slowly burn up the white part of the tongue that holds it down and binds it together. This electricity is what is going to open up your chakras and make your secret spot more sensitive.

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]
My last question is inner heat did you experience any form of inner heat caused by khechari mudra? if so how can you induce it or is it something only happening in kevali kumbhaka.[/QUOTE]

I immediately felt electricity flowing when I connected my tongue to the nasal septum. It will get more sensitive with time. I feel a lot of heat when I do my Sadhana in the morning but I think it is mainly from the Breath of Fire, Agnisar Kriyas and Stomach Churning (bad attempt at Nauli) that I do. I will update what I do in my Shadhana in the next week or so. As your abilities progress, you start doing more intense things. Kevala Kumbhaka just happened for me three weeks after my Kundalini turned on. There was no real effort involved. I think a blocked Nadi that runs from the Muladhara into the lungs opens up naturally after a few weeks of turning on your Kundalini.

I noticed that when I traveled a few days last year and didn’t do my pranayama that the scabs under my tongue disappeared. I spent a few days just meditating in the breathless state. As soon as I started doing my pranayama again, they returned. I firmly believe my Sadhana greatly increases the electricity flowing through the body.

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]
in swara yoga the art of switching the nostrils, is said that khechari mudra is the best method to master this feat. Thats why i am so interrested in knowing this method.[/QUOTE]

I read the book Swara Yoga put out by the Bihar School – I love Satyananda! I didn’t get much out of the book though. [B]Balancing your Nadis (Ida, Pingala) is key to everything[/B] and Kechari is the most effective way to do this. Swara is more concerned with which nostril is flowing. You are on the right path. Consistency in your Sadhana is paramount. Practice everyday!

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]
you are very informative, for that i thank you.[/QUOTE]

It fills me with joy when I hear that someone finds value in my posts. As Sivananda said, teaching Yoga is the most important thing you can ever do.

[QUOTE=khechara;84988]the black dot, what is it actually, the secret spot or the g-spot.[/QUOTE]

The black dot is the beginning of the G-Spot tissue. The subject that is in the photo has his head down like in Jalahandra Bandha so the G-Spot tissue is being pulled and bunched up towards the Secret Spot (The Secret Spot is the top part of the Nasal Septum – not at the top, it is the top - it is like a small bulge at the top of the septum). You will start feeling electricity touching the nasal septum especially when you practice pranayama. Roll your tongue back and forth over the septum when you practice and see if you feel current or sensitivity.

Can you feel the top of the nasal openings? If not, you haven’t made it to the secret spot yet but the bottom part of the septum still conducts electricity its just that the secret spot seems like it conducts more.

Religion preys on the guilt that we feel from our sexual desires. A populace laden with guilt gives far more than one that thinks that it is righteous. Why is Jesus’ relationship with Mary Magdalene scrubbed from history? Were they married? Did he really kiss her on the mouth frequently in front of his disciples? If so, I think they were married.

In the early days of the Catholic Church they allowed their priests to marry. The problem with that is normally the sons follow their father’s occupation. And most people at the time of death recognize that spiritual pursuits are the most important thing in life. And being that they spent most of their time pursuing bodily desires (serving mammon), guilt sets in. And so as a lame way to try to appeal to the grace of the Divine, they bequeath much of their acquired wealth to the church.

Well if you allow your priest to marry and their sons follow their fathers in the occupation of a priest, that means the money given to the church by these well meaning deceased people would stay at the local level with the local church. Which is a good thing because then the wealth would stay in the local community. But that’s a bad thing if you are a corrupt institution like that Catholic Church because they want all the money and power to go to them. So you don’t allow your priest to marry and then all the money goes to the top.

Unfortunately most normal males won’t sign up to a life of forgoing the comforts of laying in the arms of a woman. So you get a bunch of Pedophiles and Homos as priests. I have nothing against Homos as I believe we don’t have a choice in our sexual preference. I thought a beautiful woman was the greatest thing I ever saw long before I knew what intercourse was. Satyananda says that homos were actually the opposite gender in their previous life and haven’t let go of their past life inclinations.

I really didn’t learn anything new about how to preserve your Bindu from the Tantra Retreat that I went to. When the instructors got us alone they asked me what I was doing and I told them and they said you are doing everything right once you go past the point of no return but you are not suppose to go that far. They recommend having sex at about 50% of the intensity it would take to have an orgasm for an hour or so. Then slowly increase the intensity until you can stay at the 80% to 90% level for an hour or so but never go past the point of no return.(orgasm) I told them I have orgasms every time I have sex. Their response was that I would lose my Bindu or it would leak into the urine (bladder). I’m fairly confident that it doesn’t as I have no loss of energy after sex.

Satyananda said that as long as you don’t lose the Kumbhaka (don’t inhale), you don’t lose the Bindu (ejaculate). [B] It is of paramount importance for your spiritual growth that you do not lose your Bindu! Have all the sex you want but don’t lose your Bindu![/B] And there is no reason you should because there are several ways to prevent this from happening.

[B]Ejaculation goes hand in hand with the inhalation![/B] So as soon as you pass the point of no return you must exhale into Uddiyana Bandha and hold it. You then lock down the pelvic floor squeezing everything you got ? anus, perineum, and the muscle used to stop your urine flow. (Ashwini Mudra, Mula Bandha, and Vajroli Mudra all at once). As a back up you should bunch up your ring, middle, and index fingers along with your thumb and press into your perineum. You should hold Uddiyana Bandha until the muscle spasms stop. When you finally have to inhale you must reassert your lock down on your Vajroli Mudra (you should tighten all the muscles of the pelvic floor) as tight as you can and hold it through the inhale and past. This will ensure that no leakage occurs. I then stretch out my spine like a cat stretching taking the energy up to Ajna on the next exhale. When you first start doing this you will feel pain in your penis as you are contracting muscles in a way that you never have before. This will stop after a week as your muscles get into shape.

Do not allow the creative power of the universe to needlessly escape out of your body. Read Sivananda’s essay on Brahmacharya if you want to understand how important this is:

http://www.yoga-age.com/modern/brahma.html

That said, Thank GOD for Satyananda because I think I would lead a conflicted life following Sivananda.

As I wrote about in an earlier post, when you gain the ability to touch the Tenth Gate with your tongue, the tongue hijacks the energy that is sent to the genitals and the orgasm expresses itself right where the tip of the tongue is touching the Tenth Gate. This makes retaining your Bindu much easier. Right before an orgasm I will start tapping on my Tenth Gate with my tongue and it actually feels like the intercourse and pleasure is happening with the tongue, Turbinate Area and the Tenth Gate. The teachers at the school hadn’t made it to Kechari Stage III yet and so they had no idea what I was talking about. I did learn quite a bit from them and so I was glad that I took the course but obviously I don’t think they understood the complete picture. What I learned was geared more to becoming a better lover in my mind but I did pick up some valuable tips and the ceremony at the end was worth the price of admission alone.

I normally take a shower right after sex and they said that this is a no no. They said that that will take the energy down to Svadhishthana. (water element) After sex you are suppose to go into a seated posture and focus on Ajna. It is extremely easy and quite enjoyable to meditate after sex as you are completely desire less.

Women having their menstrual cycle is just like men blowing their load, they lose their Ojas. They taught a bunch of techniques to stop or minimize it (diet, certain yoga postures (inversions), exercises). They recommend that everybody should be doing kegels on a daily basis. Men should be weight lifting a wet washcloth with their erection to strengthen it. A video that we watched touched on the fact that there are exercises you can do to thicken, lengthen, and strengthen your erections but they never talked about it. You can do a internet or youtube search on jelqing if you are interested in learning about this. They also taught exercises a woman can do so she can basically learn to do a Nauli like action with her sex to please her partner. They broke the group apart by sex so I wasn’t privy to that information.

And speaking of Nauli I can do it now. One day I was practicing pushing the muscles out to the right and left and when I switched sides, it happened. I am not proficient at it yet and have to build up the mind muscle connection. Nauli is extremely important to open the Manipura Chakra and to raise the Kundalini to the higher Chakras. Satyananda says that performing Shakti Chalana does both of these:

Now I can continue on with the AYP lessons. I stopped at #129 when I couldn’t do Nauli - http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html I cheated and read a few of the advanced lessons (Dynamic Jalahandra and Kechari) but I vowed I wouldn’t continue until I could perform Nauli.

I started to practice Lahiri’s advice #88 I mentally say Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram to the ringing sound that I constantly hear when I meditate now.

Lahiri wrote - taken from http://www.sanskritclassics.com/advent.htm

It is sound, Om, or Nada, which helps the seeker to go beyond bindu and merge into Oneness with Brahma, the ultimate Self

#88. The essence of Rama-mantra is to place the tongue into Talabya Kriya and continue to listen the sound of Om.

I switched my mantra to Maha Mantra which is Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krisna Krisna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare for my walking meditation. It seems to flow better than Om Mani Padme Hum. I still use the same format ? inhale on two steps ? kumbhaka 6 steps ? exhale 4 steps ? kumbhaka 4 steps. So you are exhaling out of the left nostril on Krishna Krishna and exhaling out of the right nostril on Rama Rama. My Turbinate areas have changed dramatically in the last few months. They are completely dilated all the time now. The flaps still show up and block the lower part of the nostril though. I am so happy to finally be able to perform Nauli and spend 15 minutes every morning doing it. I can do it fairly well standing but seated is still somewhat of a challenge. As I’ve written before Shakti Chalana Mudra is essential for raising the Kundalini.

When I practice Nauli, I like to sit on my yoga ball and roll off 30 breath of fires (Kapalabhati). On the last breath I will stand up and go into Uddiyana Bandha and then try to roll my stomach one way 15 times. Then sit back down on my yoga ball and practice two rounds of Chathurtha Pranayama (chakra recognition). And repeat on the other side.

My Kechari is continuing to evolve. I’m starting to take the tongue further towards the front of the face. The areas that use to be sensitive and shock me no longer do and so you have to extend your tongue a little further to reach the sensitive areas. It is like you are drawn to what you are suppose to do next, as you can see from these diagrams.

I posted this before:

Khecari mudra itself begins when the transformed tongue curls back as in nabho mudra, but is now able to slide its way up behind the soft palate. At this point, it locates a juncture of bone on the underside of the skull. This is referred to as the ?Gate of Brahma? in the Yogakundali Upanishad, and it is said that ?even the Devas (Gods) are unable to open it.? In other texts it is referred to as the ?tenth gate.?

What now happens is that the elongated and strengthened tongue begins to apply extreme pressure to this juncture, and literally breaks it open. When this occurs, the tongue is then able to slide up into the cranial cavity and actually begin to apply direct pressure upon various parts of the brain.

You can see from this image the Cribriform Plate (Tenth Gate) is perforated allowing the Olfactory nerves through. I don’t know whether the opening of the Tenth Gate takes place after you spend hours practicing pranayama (Lahiri had his disciples do 1728 Kriya breaths to get to Samadhi ? about 12 hours of practice) or whether all of your lower chakras first need to be opened or both. According to The Bible, we are made in the image of GOD. This means that GOD also has these 7 chakras (it doesn’t mean GOD has two arms and two legs). And so if all of your chakras aren’t open yet, can you experience GOD (Samadhi)? Is enough electricity flowing to your Vishuddha to enable the tongue to bust through the Tenth Gate? Something is telling me no. Maybe slowly over time the electricity weakens this bone. The Cribriform Plate is what separates the Nasal Pharynx area from the lower brain ? This is the ?Tenth Gate?

As you can see by this diagram the visual impulses come in to the Brainstem from near the Pituitary Gland. This could require the tongue to have already pushed through the Cribriform Plate to crimp off this signal. Or the bones bend, push into each other and crimp off the signal? I have put a lot of pressure on this bone (Tenth Gate) and so far nothing. Maybe it will start to bend in the future and cut off some sensory perception.

Who would ever think that you would rationally be talking about breaking through bone in your skull with your tongue to experience that you are GOD? And that this is basically what Jesus taught? This is surreal! As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas:

“Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All.”

I’m sorry but there is no evidence that Jesus was a yogi or had any experience or understanding of the yogic system.
Here’s my take on the whole thing.
He was a Jewish rabbi, he had what we would call an awakening - I doubt he was Self-Realized.
He (and his followers during and following his life) interpreted it through the filter of the times - he must be the next annointed Messianic King to rule over Jerusalem, blah blah blah
I think everything else was added on by followers who lacked understanding, may have had ulterior motives, etc
Stripped of all of that, he was likely just an awakened Jewish guy - today he could be for example an Eckhart Tolle, or Mooji, or that kind of thing.
And the only reason Christianity took off the way it did, was because his followers turned him into an actual aspect of God - with promises of salvation, forgiveness, and all of that stuff.
If he had just been an awakened man, and his followers laid low, there never would have been a Christianity - and given the horrific wars and abuses carried out in it’s name, I would’ve had no problem whatsoever with that.

[QUOTE=Triston;85270]I’m sorry but there is no evidence that Jesus was a yogi or had any experience or understanding of the yogic system.[/QUOTE]

Once again I disagree with pretty much everything you wrote. There is a preponderance of evidence that he was a Yogi! Have you read The Bible? Have you read the Nag Hammadi Scriptures? His teachings are laden with references to Kundalini Yoga. When he talks about his cross, he is talking about his Chakras that he calls Churches not his crucifixion.

Yogananda, Sivananda, Satyananda, David Hawkins and many other realized masters have written that he was one of The Greatest Yogis to have ever lived. In one of his books, Satyananda named the very school in India that Jesus studied Yoga at. Realized Masters don’t lie! Yogananda’s life was dedicated to spreading Kriya Yoga to the West at the behest of Jesus. Have you read my board at all? There is no point in me rewriting everything I’ve already posted!

What exactly do you think Jesus meant when he said “Take my Yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls?” The word Yoke and Yoga are the exact same word – different dialects.

What exactly did Jesus mean when he said in John 3:5 ”Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.” And then later 3:14 “Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up.” Do you think the snake might be a metaphor for Kundalini (Spine) and the spiritual birth referring to reaching enlightenment by raising the Kundalini to the Crown Chakra?

Here’s my take on the whole thing.
He was a Jewish rabbi, he had what we would call an awakening - I doubt he was Self-Realized.

Pure Ignorance! When Jesus said I and the Father are one, He was stating he had reached Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Jesus was a Yogi. The only reference people had during his time of someone who taught about The Divine was Rabbi and so they called him such.

He (and his followers during and following his life) interpreted it through the filter of the times - he must be the next annointed Messianic King to rule over Jerusalem,

This is a non sequitur. Jesus never wanted to rule over anything.

blah blah blah

This is the part of your post I agree with!

I think everything else was added on by followers who lacked understanding, may have had ulterior motives, etc. Stripped of all of that, he was likely just an awakened Jewish guy - today he could be for example an Eckhart Tolle, or Mooji, or that kind of thing.

I don’t know what to say about this. I have no Idea who Mooji is. I love and respect Eckhart Tolle but Jesus and The Buddha reached levels of consciousness far higher than most of the enlightened masters.

And the only reason Christianity took off the way it did, was because his followers turned him into an actual aspect of God - with promises of salvation, forgiveness, and all of that stuff.

I’m no fan of Christianity believing they obfuscate Jesus’ real teachings and teach Jesus’ moral code. That said Jesus was GOD just like you and I are GOD, we just haven’t experienced it to the extent that he had because he reached Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Yoga does provide salvation and that is what Jesus taught. GOD never has to forgive because GOD never condemns.

If he had just been an awakened man, and his followers laid low, there never would have been a Christianity - and given the horrific wars and abuses carried out in it’s name, I would’ve had no problem whatsoever with that.

This is nonsense! If my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle. It is a blessing that Jesus’ teachings have survived. You cannot attribute wars and abuses to Jesus or his teachings.

Everything you have said is an interpretation of writings about a person based on hearsay long after the alleged life of that person.
By any measure, that is an extremely weak link and a major leap of faith.
Think about it.
You are referencing Indian men that you assume were enlightened based on what, who offer their interpretation/ideas of the alleged teachings and life of a man named Jesus, the entire account of which is based entirely on hearsay from people who never knew this man and lived long after him.
And you are taking aspects of the alleged teachings of a Jesus, and looking for any correlation possible between what he allegedly said/taught/believed/experienced, and various aspects of Indian Yogic teachings.
And then you claim that this alleged man named Jesus, was enlightened beyond anything that we have known before or after his life.
Based on what?
And you are doing so as if it is all the most obvious and indisputable thing possible.
And you say that my questioning of that narrative is “pure ignorance”?
I stick by my version - it’s equally speculative, but it’s much more believable.
But you’re welcome to your beliefs/ideas - and that’s all they are.
It isn’t your experience that the entire narrative is true.
Because no “experience”, even if it was Jesus taking your hand and going over all of it step by step, and ending each part with “It’s all true my son”, would not be evidence.
It could be your unconscious constructing an experience/dream that validates your deepest desires (in this case to verify the authenticity of Jesus)
You can know that you are Awake, for example. That you are not the mind/body. That you are Presence.
We can be fooled even here, but let’s say for the sake of argument.
But you can’t know that the Jesus story is true.
So it boils down to your beliefs/faith.
Which is fine.
But don’t dress that up as fact, and dump it on others as such.

[QUOTE=Triston;85288]Everything you have said is an interpretation of writings about a person based on hearsay long after the alleged life of that person.
By any measure, that is an extremely weak link and a major leap of faith.
Think about it.
You are referencing Indian men that you assume were enlightened based on what, who offer their interpretation/ideas of the alleged teachings and life of a man named Jesus, the entire account of which is based entirely on hearsay from people who never knew this man and lived long after him.
And you are taking aspects of the alleged teachings of a Jesus, and looking for any correlation possible between what he allegedly said/taught/believed/experienced, and various aspects of Indian Yogic teachings.
And then you claim that this alleged man named Jesus, was enlightened beyond anything that we have known before or after his life.
Based on what?
And you are doing so as if it is all the most obvious and indisputable thing possible.
And you say that my questioning of that narrative is “pure ignorance”?
I stick by my version - it’s equally speculative, but it’s much more believable.
But you’re welcome to your beliefs/ideas - and that’s all they are.
It isn’t your experience that the entire narrative is true.
Because no “experience”, even if it was Jesus taking your hand and going over all of it step by step, and ending each part with “It’s all true my son”, would not be evidence.
It could be your unconscious constructing an experience/dream that validates your deepest desires (in this case to verify the authenticity of Jesus)
You can know that you are Awake, for example. That you are not the mind/body. That you are Presence.
We can be fooled even here, but let’s say for the sake of argument.
But you can’t know that the Jesus story is true.
So it boils down to your beliefs/faith.
Which is fine.
But don’t dress that up as fact, and dump it on others as such.[/QUOTE]

I am not dumping anything on anybody. The title of this board clearly states that this topic is about Kundalini Yoga. I study and practice Kundalini Yoga because that is what my Gurus practiced and taught. The gist of this board is about what I practice, have experienced and learned. Nobody has to read my board if they don’t want to. Why do you come to my board and dump nonsense on it? You have already written that you don’t practice or study Kundalini Yoga. Why do you feel qualified to tell me that I’m wrong about something you have never practiced or studied? Why are you here?

I have already answered all of your questions that you asked above in my previous posts. It is not a productive use of my time for me to regurgitate what I’ve already written.

If you are truly interested in finding the answers to your questions, I suggest you read my board, The Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda, The Holy Science by Yukteswar, and pretty much everything Satyananda has ever written. I have no doubt that if you do this, and practice the teachings, your spiritual intelligence will grow by magnitudes of order.

From the Gospel of Thomas #22:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

”Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, “These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom.” They said to him, “Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?” Jesus said to them, “When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom.”

In the above metaphor Jesus is talking about Kechari Mudra reaching the Amrita (suckling), balancing your Nadis (making the two one), raising Shakti to Shiva (raising the Kundalini from the Muladhara Chakra to Sahasrara Chakra – above like the below), Kechari Mudra (making the male and female one), Shambhavi Mudra (fashion the eyes in the place of an eye), sitting in Padmasana with hands clasp (full lotus posture – foot in place of a foot – hand in a hand) and all of your Chakras open allowing you to be absorbed into The Divine (likeness in the place of likeness – inside like the outside). You then enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

What pray tell do you think Jesus is talking about?

Here is John’s vision of Jesus:

What do you think Jesus was showing John at the behest of The Divine when Johns sees seven candlesticks that shine like the countenance of the sun? And then Jesus calls them Churches. What do you do at church? You worship. The Yogis call them Chakras and have exercises for you to do to open them. Jesus calls them Churches, what’s the difference? Jesus was a Kundalini Yoga Master!

I noticed that you didn’t answer any of my questions. Jesus himself said (Matthew 7:6):

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”

From the Gospel of Thomas Jesus also said - #8 from the first link:

“The man is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of small fish. Among them the wise fisherman found a fine large fish. He threw all the small fish back into the sea and chose the large fish without difficulty. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."

In the parable above, I would consider you to be a small fish. I don’t think that you are a serious seeker and so you are not ready for the information that I am presenting.

A thread is not yours because you start it, and I don’t need to practice kundalini yoga in order to understand Kundalini Shakti, Mahayoga, Advaita, or any other teaching.
And whereas I was not going after you, who I don’t know at all, but rather the things you are speaking on, you have weighed in on me, with yet another assumption, as a small fish, not a serious seeker, and not ready for the wisdom you have blessed us all with.
I will leave it at that, and you to your precious board.

[QUOTE=Triston;85290]A thread is not yours because you start it, and I don’t need to practice kundalini yoga in order to understand Kundalini Shakti, Mahayoga, Advaita, or any other teaching. And whereas I was not going after you, who I don’t know at all, but rather the things you are speaking on, you have weighed in on me, with yet another assumption, as a small fish, not a serious seeker, and not ready for the wisdom you have blessed us all with. I will leave it at that, and you to your precious board[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree with everything you wrote! [B]You do have to study and practice Kundalini Yoga to understand it![/B]

You also have to study Jesus’ teachings to know that he was a Yogi. I have spent a lot of time reading, practicing, and contemplating what I write on this board. You come along and make asinine comments way above your knowledge base on a subject matter that is extremely dear to me. That is the problem I have with your posts. I am speaking from experience and you are speaking from ignorance. I am not making any assumptions. Your posts have shown that you do not take this subject matter seriously. And you talk a bunch of nonsense.

I also noticed that once again you failed to answer any of my questions. And the reason that you don’t answer my questions is because it would reveal the truth in everything I say.

1. It is ok to completely disagree.
  2. I’m not going to walk into your questions that are basically insisting how can you say x (alleged teachings of Jesus) is not the same as y (your understanding of Kundalini Yoga allegedly developed/brought back by Babaji)
    It’s obvious that you very much want x to be the same as y, but it doesn’t mean they are.
  3. Sorry but you do not have to practice the Kundalini Yoga system you are following in order to understand Truth (experientially or intellectually) - or in order to understand Kundalini unfolding (ie. not Babaji’s system).
    I have been involved in Mahayoga for quite a while now, where Kundalini has fully awakened and is fully active.
    In this system, there is no need to do various practices.
    Once Shaktipat has been received, and Kundalini is awakened through Grace, one only sits quietly every day and Shakti Ma handles all yogas spontaneously according to the needs of the aspirant.
    It is extremely clear that the aspirant is not the Doer - and the only instructions are to surrender to Shakti Ma and allow Her to do what is necessary - which includes kriyas, asanas, mantras, etc.
    I have seen people like you time again who mean well, but who are way to identified/clinging/passionate with the externals - the teachings, the lineage, the precious practices, the feeling of being more pure or better - that has clearly come through in our exchange.
    It can feel like you’re soaring - and in one sense you might be - but you can also be stuck without realizing it.
    You should keep an open mind and not be so quick to judge where people are coming from and where they are at on their journey.

I admit I jumped in unasked for and challenged some of your assertions.
But it was the assertions - not you personally.
What can you and I really know?
We can know that we are in truth Pure Awareness - that there is a force in us/everywhere that we can call Shakti or Spirit or whatever - and that when awakened, will go through a process of purification and eventually merging and settling in the Heart Center.
We can attain Self-Realization.
But we can’t know if Jesus was real. We can’t know if the narrative is real - or if it is, what parts are accurate and what parts not.
We can’t know if he was Realized - and same goes for Babaji (the alleged founder of Kriya Yoga)
We also can’t know if Yogananda or the others you mentioned were Realized.
The reason being, we can only truly know our own direct experience.
You can have a strong sense of it, based on available teachings, stories, experiences of others, your own experiences, etc
But you can’t know it for sure.
Do you disagree?
If so, please explain - and try to refrain from empty personal jabs.

[QUOTE=Triston;85292]1) It is ok to completely disagree.
2) I’m not going to walk into your questions that are basically insisting how can you say x (alleged teachings of Jesus) is not the same as y (your understanding of Kundalini Yoga allegedly developed/brought back by Babaji)
It’s obvious that you very much want x to be the same as y, but it doesn’t mean they are.
3) Sorry but you do not have to practice the Kundalini Yoga system you are following in order to understand Truth (experientially or intellectually) - or in order to understand Kundalini unfolding (ie. not Babaji’s system).
I have been involved in Mahayoga for quite a while now, where Kundalini has fully awakened and is fully active.
In this system, there is no need to do various practices.
Once Shaktipat has been received, and Kundalini is awakened through Grace, one only sits quietly every day and Shakti Ma handles all yogas spontaneously according to the needs of the aspirant.
It is extremely clear that the aspirant is not the Doer - and the only instructions are to surrender to Shakti Ma and allow Her to do what is necessary - which includes kriyas, asanas, mantras, etc.
I have seen people like you time again who mean well, but who are way to identified/clinging/passionate with the externals - the teachings, the lineage, the precious practices, the feeling of being more pure or better - that has clearly come through in our exchange.
It can feel like you’re soaring - and in one sense you might be - but you can also be stuck without realizing it.
You should keep an open mind and not be so quick to judge where people are coming from and where they are at on their journey.

I admit I jumped in unasked for and challenged some of your assertions.
But it was the assertions - not you personally.
What can you and I really know?
We can know that we are in truth Pure Awareness - that there is a force in us/everywhere that we can call Shakti or Spirit or whatever - and that when awakened, will go through a process of purification and eventually merging and settling in the Heart Center.
We can attain Self-Realization.
But we can’t know if Jesus was real. We can’t know if the narrative is real - or if it is, what parts are accurate and what parts not.
We can’t know if he was Realized - and same goes for Babaji (the alleged founder of Kriya Yoga)
We also can’t know if Yogananda or the others you mentioned were Realized.
The reason being, we can only truly know our own direct experience.
You can have a strong sense of it, based on available teachings, stories, experiences of others, your own experiences, etc
But you can’t know it for sure.
Do you disagree?
If so, please explain - and try to refrain from empty personal jabs.[/QUOTE]

Another post full of nonsense! The reason I don’t want you posting on my board is because you are ignorant about this subject! It would be one thing if you were asking questions or seeking knowledge but you try to portray yourself as an expert when it is obvious that you are completely clueless!

Jesus still exists today! Jesus said Before Abraham was I am! - John 8:58. You can go into deep Samadhi and commune with him which is what Yogananda wrote he did on a frequent basis while he was writing the book The Second Coming Of Christ. All knowledge is available in deep states of Samadhi. Realized masters can go into Samadhi at will once their Kechari reaches the Amrita.

You would know this if you were a serious spiritual seeker but you are not! This is the most important subject of all and it is extremely disrespectful and the height of ignorance for you to post nonsense like you doubt Jesus was self realized or it would be better if his teachings didn’t survive.

Imagine for a few moments that you are me. I am having experiences that I was taught was impossible in my formal education. And the reason I am having these experiences is because I did a few breathing exercises in a book from a Yogi. This Yogi says this is the purpose of why we are here. These exercises allow you to transcend the mind (what you are not) and experience what you truly are.

He also says that this is exactly what Jesus taught and then proceeds to explain Jesus’ teachings line by line in a manner that just reading it makes your heart expand and envelop you with a feeling of such bliss that it is indescribable. Of course that makes me want to do the exercises even more. And then even more powerful experiences start happening.

Jesus’ himself describes this feeling better than I ever could - from John 8:19

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father:[B] if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also[/B]. (Jesus had reached Nirvikalpa Samadhi)
20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: [B]ye are of this world; I am not of this world[/B]. (You still believe you are your ego and mind ? I have transcended the mind)
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (you will die with your body consciousness if you do not follow my teachings)
25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28 Then said Jesus unto them, [B]When ye have lifted up the Son of man[/B], (when you raise your Kundalini and obtain your Christ Consciousness) then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: [B]the Father hath not left me alone[/B]; (again he is in the state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi) for I do always those things that please him.
30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 [B]Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;[/B]
32 [B]AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE[/B]. (You too will obtain your Christ Consciousness)
33 They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, [B]Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin[/B].
35 [B]And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.[/B]
36 [B]If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed[/B]. (Body consciousness is sin, your Christ Consciousness is waiting for you to unlock it)

Now what do you think I think about you when you make idiotic statements like you doubt Jesus was self realized or that it would be better if his teachings didn’t exist? You’ve jumped the shark:

What are you going to tell us next? That The Buddha wasn’t enlightened and it would be better if his teachings didn’t survive? I had you pegged after I read the first sentence of your first post! Remember that back when your name was Anuman?

Originally Posted by Anuman
umunhum:
Can I be honest here?

Apparently you can’t. Before this latest series of posts anybody with a modicum of working neurons could see through you. With your continued posting, you’ve lowered the bar to the point where now anybody that can read knows that you are a blowhard! Go away!

You’re right.
I will go away with head hung low now.
Carry on.

You are GOD! This is what Jesus taught. Everybody likes adventures but what is the fun in them if you know how everything will turn out? It takes away the excitement of the experience. A good movie gets you so engrossed with the story that it takes you on an emotional adventure and you forget about your life for awhile. If the acting or the story is not believable, what is the point of watching the movie? And the best movies are like the movie Shawshank Redemption where the protagonist overcomes what seems like insurmountable difficulties and comes out victorious. Your life is like a good movie.

You got so bored with getting everything that you want so you decided to play a game with yourself. You placed yourself into a body that restricts your knowledge of what you truly are. As long as the electricity of the body flows through the Reptilian Brain known as the Medulla Oblongata and Pons, you will think that you are your life situation. The way out of this “game” is to direct the electricity of the body so it doesn’t flow through the Brainstem so you transcend the Mind. Once the electricity flows directly underneath the Pituitary Gland it starts vibrating. This causes the Pineal Gland to start vibrating and then the Amrita, Ayahuasca, DMT, or Fountain of Youth starts flowing. This Nectar immediately shuts down the mind and the Third Eye starts awakening.

Unlike the mind, The Third Eye has the capability to use 100% of your brain. With this capability comes the understanding that YOU ARE GOD! You are then no longer a slave to the mind because you realize how futile it is to try to satiate the desires of the mind. The mind comes with the body and is a desire creating factory that will create an infinite amount of desires. And all of these desires are nothing more than wanting to experience an electricity touching one of your sensory receptors. The entire charade is similar to a dog chasing its tail. What is the point? As GOD you can create entire worlds of your own!

You should not feel guilty about the pleasures you seek but you should come to the understanding that they are a pittance relative to what enlightenment has to offer. By pleasing the mind, you are only getting a small slice of the bliss that is available to you. This is what Jesus meant when he said that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you – it is not outside of you.

As long as you remain in the body you are limited to what you can do. As Jesus said in Matthew 11:11:

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he

John the Baptist was Jesus’ Guru in Jesus’ prior incarnation as Elijah and Elisha respectively (1 Kings 19). Just like Jesus at the behest of The Divine, John took on another body. When an enlightened soul takes on a physical body, it falls from grace. It takes on some of the Karma of family and culture that it is born into. This Karma creates a separation of the soul’s knowing that it is GOD! The soul must reopen its Chakras and clear the Karma to reach enlightenment again.

As long as you are in the body, you cannot access your full potential. This is why according to Dr David Hawkins about 50% of all realized yogis leave the body when they become enlightened. They would rather experience the playground of Heaven than fool around with the body. This is why Ramakrishna said that when I’m in the body I feel like a fish trapped in a bucket and when I’m in Samadhi I feel like someone dumped the bucket into the Ganges. Some great masters take pity on us and endure the limits of the body to teach us the path to enlightenment. When man loses the knowledge of the path to The Divine, The Divine sends down a prophet to help the righteous rediscover it.

This is why Jesus is so great! Jesus has already done twice what you and I have yet to do once.

This is the day we celebrate that many years ago Jesus was offered a pardon if he would disavow his teachings. This is the day The Great Yogi Jesus The Christ showed the world that his teachings were far more important than his physical body. And to the day when people once again discover the real teachings of Jesus The Christ.

May everyone be blessed with Health, Happiness, Peace, Prosperity, and the Knowledge to the Path to The Divine! May everyone be guided by the Light and the Love within them! Namaste

I am currently reading The Nag Hammadi Scriptures and it is not an easy read. It is a delight to read Jesus’ teachings but with pages, lines, and words missing on top of everything being cloaked in parables and metaphors, it is a challenge to decipher the meaning behind the teachings. When I first started reading Lahiri Mahasaya’s 108 teachings:

http://www.sanskritclassics.com/advent.htm

I noticed that several of the his sayings spoke directly about Khechari and thought Kechari must be important. I notice that when I read Jesus’ teachings in the Gospel of Thomas that he keeps talking about making the two one:

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

#22 Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."
They said to him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?"
Jesus said to them, “[B]When you make the two one[/B], and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; [B]then will you enter the kingdom[/B].”

#48 Jesus said, “[B]If two make peace with each other[/B] in this one house, they will say to the mountain, ‘Move Away,’ and it will move away.”

#106 Jesus said, “[B]When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man[/B], and when you say, ‘Mountain, move away,’ it will move away.”

As I wrote earlier, when Jesus is talking about making the two one, he is referring to balancing the Nadis (Ida and Pingala) so the prana travels up the Sushumna. I am extremely confident that when Jesus speaks of The Bridal Chamber that he is referring to the Nasal Pharynx area. This is where the union of male and female takes place. I am uncertain if he was referring to the Nadis or Kechari itself as the union. The Ida Nadi is called the lunar or female force in the body (dominate when the left nostril is flowing crosses and powers the right part of the brain - Sympathetic Nervous System) and the Pingala Nadi is called the solar or male force in the body (dominate when right nostril is flowing and powers the left side of the brain - Parasympathetic Nervous System). So Jesus’ metaphor about making the male and the female one could be about balancing the Nadis or about putting your tongue (phallus) up your Nasal Pharynx (yoni). Kechari is instrumental in both interpretations.

Satyananda refers to these as the two opposite poles of energy in the physical body in this video starting at 10:30:

As I’ve stated many times, when you balance these two nadis and then practice Maha Bandha, your Kundalini turns on and the prana starts moving up the Sushumna. Keeping these Nadis balanced is essential in clearing up the Sushumna so the Chakras open and the Kundalini rises.

Because balancing these two poles of energy is so important, it is probably a good idea to have some understanding about how the nervous system works in the human body. (Taken largely from Wikipedia) Our nervous system consists of two main parts, the Central Nervous System and the Peripheral Nervous System. The Central Nervous System is the brain and the spinal cord or in yoga parlance, the Sushumna.

The Peripheral Nervous System is made up of two parts containing the Autonomic and Somatic Nervous Systems. The Somatic Nervous System or Voluntary Nervous System is associated with the voluntary control of the body movements via skeletal muscles. The Autonomic Nervous System is further broken into three main sub-systems: The Parasympathetic nervous system, Sympathetic nervous system and the Enteric nervous system. The Enteric nervous system is responsible for digestion and so really doesn’t concern us from a yogic standpoint.

The Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous systems are what is referred to in Yoga parlance as the Ida and Pingala Nadis. The Sympathetic Nervous System primes the body for action known as the Fight and Flight response. This keeps the energy and blood circulating to the skeletal muscles. The Parasympathetic Nervous System is for rest-and-digest" or "feed and breed. This keeps the energy and blood concentrated near the organs.

Sympathetic and Parasympathetic divisions typically function in opposition to each other. But this opposition is better termed complementary in nature rather than antagonistic. For an analogy, one may think of the Sympathetic division as the accelerator and the Parasympathetic division as the brake. The Sympathetic division typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The Parasympathetic division functions with actions that do not require immediate reaction.

The Sympathetic Nervous System:

Promotes a “fight or flight” response, corresponds with arousal and energy generation, and inhibits digestion

Diverts blood flow away from the gastro-intestinal (GI) tract and skin via vasoconstriction

Blood flow to skeletal muscles and the lungs is enhanced (by as much as 1200% in the case of skeletal muscles)

Dilates bronchioles of the lung, which allows for greater alveolar oxygen exchange

Increases heart rate and the contractility of cardiac cells, thereby providing a mechanism for enhanced blood flow to skeletal muscles

Dilates pupils and relaxes the ciliary muscle to the lens, allowing more light to enter the eye and far vision

Provides vasodilation for the coronary vessels of the heart

Constricts all the intestinal sphincters and the urinary sphincter

Inhibits peristalsis

Stimulates orgasm

NOTE you might have to hold down on the control button and the + buttion at the same time on your keyboard to enlarge the diagram to see it clearly - hold the Control button (Ctrl) and the - button to return to normal font

Notice that the Sympathetic Nervous System originates from the left side of the Sushmna. It flows into the left nostril ultimately crossing and powering the right side of the Brain.

The Parasympathetic Nervous System:

Promotes a “rest and digest or “feed and breed”” response, promotes calming of the nerves return to regular function, and enhances digestion

The parasympathetic nerves dilate blood vessels leading to the GI tract, increasing blood flow (this is important following the consumption of food, due to the greater metabolic demands placed on the body by the gut)

The parasympathetic nervous system can also constrict the bronchiolar diameter when the need for oxygen has diminished

Dedicated cardiac branches of the vagus and thoracic spinal accessory nerves impart parasympathetic control of the heart

During accomodation, the parasympathetic nervous system causes constriction of the pupil and contraction of the ciliary muscle to the lens, allowing for closer vision

The parasympathetic nervous system stimulates salivary gland secretion, and accelerates peristalsis, mediating digestion of food and, indirectly, the absorption of nutrients

The PNS is also involved in the erection of genital tissues via the pelvic splanchnic nerves 2?4.

The PNS is responsible for stimulating sexual arousal

Notice that parts of the Parasympathetic Nervous System flow directly into the Medulla Oblongata and the Pons. (It is not labeled as such on the Parasympathetic diagram but is on the Sympathetic diagram) I am extremely confident that the movement of the diaphragm powers up part of the Medulla Oblongata through the Cranial Nerve X (Vagus Nerve ? you were right Avatar186). This is responsible for our time based awareness. A baby that is still in its mothers womb and hasn’t been given the ?gift? of breath yet is pure consciousness. It doesn’t think about what it is going to do tomorrow or what happened yesterday. I wrote about this many posts ago:

[QUOTE=umunhum;78821]I feel as if the mind is powered by the energy created by the diaphragm’s movements. How that is possible is beyond me. I don’t have a good understanding of how we are wired but I suspect the answer lies there.[/QUOTE]

Notice that information from each of the 5 senses and organs is going to The Mind (Medulla Oblongata and Pons) from two different sources, the pathways of both the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic systems. In the same way that a sound wave will hit the two ears at different times allowing your mind to determine where the sound originated from, these signals have to be reconciled in the mind and since they come in at slightly different time periods and possibly different voltages, they cause vibration or thought. The phrase ?Be Still and Know That I Am GOD? comes to mind again. The Third Eye (Ajna Chakra) does not utilize these systems to perceive the world.

I recently finished reading The Collected works of Sri Ramana Maharshi and one of Ramana’s repeated themes is if you control the breath, you control the mind. I know my thinking process completely changed when my Kundalini turned on and the breath stopped. Time based reality is lost. Ramana says that you should sit in the breathless state focusing on your Anahata Chakra recognizing that that is you and you are before the mind separating the knot the binds the consciousness with the body. I like meditating on the heart center. I also like meditating flipping back and forth from Ajna to Anahata and then both at the same time. This is Jnana Yoga though and I identify more with Kundalini Yoga.

According to Satyananda, these two poles of energy rotate their dominance every 90 minutes to two hours according to the positioning of the sun and the moon. They both bring about body consciousness regardless which one of them is dominate. You need to make the two one to force the energy to travel up the Sushumna.

The Sushumna could be thought of as a clogged pipe and the prana is what clears it. Unfortunately for most people, these poles of energy are only balanced for a minute or two when the poles switch dominance and so very little spiritual progress is made without performing yogic exercises to keep them balanced. This is why Yogananda wrote that one Kriya Breath done properly gives the equivalent of a years worth of spiritual growth of a normal person.

As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas:

#24 His disciples said to him, "Show us the place where you are, since it is necessary for us to seek it."
He said to them, “Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is light within a man of light, and he lights up the whole world. If he does not shine, he is darkness.”

As long as our Sushumna is clogged, the energy cannot make it to the Third Eye (Ajna Chakra) and we live in darkness (Body Consciousness). I have read that the Third Eye literally turns on just like a light when it receives the proper energy from the Sushumna. As I’ve written before, I believe when the lower Chakras open enough energy will be supplied to the tongue to bust through the Tenth Gate and allow you to reach the Amrita. I believe the Amrita anesthetizes the Brainstem and the Third Eye opens. In order to turn on your Kundalini through Kriya practices, the diaphragm must be stilled. I believe opening up the Third Eye is similar in that all electricity flowing to the mind must be shut down.

It is extremely easy to balance your Nadis after you reach Kechari Stage 3. You just stick your tongue up the flowing nostril sealing it and force the air to flow through the closed nostril until it opens. My Nasal Pharynx area has changed dramatically in the last few months. When I first started entering the Turbinate areas, it felt like my tongue had to go up the pharynx, then make a 90 degree turn to enter the Turbinate area, and then another 90 degree turn to touch the Tenth Gate. Since my Turbinate areas have completely dilated, it feels like my tongue just goes straight up to touch the Tenth Gate.

After you balance your Nadis, you have to pick a nostril to stick your tongue in to touch the Tenth Gate. If you keep your tongue resting on the Nasal Septum (secret spot), the electricity does not flow as intense as it does when you touch the Tenth Gate. The book Swara Yoga says to try to keep the lunar force open during the day and the solar force open during the night. And so during the day after you balance your Nadis, keep the tongue in the Turbinate area of the right nostril and visa versa at night. That said you have to check every so often that your Nadis are balanced because the flap below your tongue could open up. The challenge that I have is that after a few minutes of touching the Tenth Gate with the tongue when my Nadis are balanced, the sensitivity is so intense that it makes me withdraw my tongue.

Then you get involved in doing other things and so throughout the day, I forget to keep my tongue up there. I need to buy a watch that beeps every 15 minutes to remind me to check my Nadis and keep the tongue in the appropriate nostril.

According to the Gnostics, Mary Magdelene was Jesus’ wife and he kissed her on the mouth quite frequently in front of his other disciples. She was not the prostitute Jesus famously saved by his ?let him without sin cast the first stone? speech. Mary came from a very well to do family and was actually Jesus’ benefactor and his most advanced disciple. If indeed she was his wife that makes a lot of sense. Ramakrishna’s wife also became enlightened because she spent so much time in his presence with her aura taking on the characteristics of his aura due to their close proximity. All 12 of Jesus’ historical disciples were married. Of course the Catholic Church could not tell the truth about Mary because this makes one really question the policy of not letting their priest marry and so they denigrated her. I have already written about my dismay over traditional Christian teachings and so no sense in beating a dead horse.

My Nauli has improved quite dramatically over the last month or so. I am developing a mind muscle connection that I lacked and am able to move the muscles in a different way. Several times I have gotten quite sore because I was too aggressive in using the muscles in a way they have never been used before. I had to take a couple of days off from pranayama and just meditate because of this. I’ve noticed that every time I practice Nauli, I defecate right afterward. Anything in my intestines gets cleared out. And I mean I am as clean as a whistle. I have read that Nauli massages the organs including the heart and heals (corrects, prevents) all diseases of the stomach and lower intestines. I have also read that over 90% of all the immune system’s work is done in the intestines. Now I don’t know how they come about that figure but suffice to say keeping the intestines clean is extremely important. You have all kinds of things living in you waiting for you to eat something so they can eat too. And so basically what I’m saying is that I think everyone should learn how to perform Nauli not only to open their Manipura Chakra but for their overall health as well!

I also think that Oil Pulling is extremely important. The eyes are the window to the soul and the mouth is the window to the body. Dental health is directly related to heart health. The Amrita is absorbed and enters the bloodstream directly under the tongue. You have colonies of bacteria and viruses living in your mouth waiting for you to eat something because they get to eat too. After these colonies reach a critical mass they enter the bloodstream underneath the tongue and look for other places in the body to live. Oil Pulling gets rid of these colonies of bacteria and viruses. I read a story about an oncologist (cancer doctor) that would not work on any patient that had a root canal until it was completely removed. (root canals have dead space in them that your immune system cannot get to ? the perfect place for viruses and bacteria to make a home) He did an experiment where he took fragments of a root canal from a patient that had cancer and surgically transplanted it into a rabbits mouth. All 30 rabbits that he did this to developed the very cancer that the donor patient had contracted. Another study did the same thing with heart attack patients with similar results, the rabbits had a heart attack within two weeks. And so basically what I’m saying is for your health, I think it is important to incorporate these two yoga techniques into your daily life. At least practice when you feel a sickness coming on. They both make you feel terrific after you do them and both should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Here is a link to information about oil pulling. You can learn how to do it in under 5 minutes. I personally use coconut oil.

I have also noticed that when I don’t eat at night that the next morning’s practice is a lot more intense. When there is no food in your system, the prana flows to where you want it to go. I have already lost over 10 pounds since going vegetarian and am somewhat conflicted by this knowledge as I’ve been thin my whole life. As Yogananda wrote in The Second Coming of Christ, true recognition of the Sabbath requires that you don’t work the body including digestion which would imply fasting every Sunday. I have decided to only eat fruit when I get hungry after 8 pm as I want to make my Sadhana that starts at 4:30 the next morning as effective as possible.

I found this little gem in the Gheranda Samhita by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati (Satyananda’s foremost Disciple) page 318:

When the upper cavity of the palate is sealed by khechari mudra, the bindu or semen cannot be lost even if one embraces a beautiful woman. Even when there is movement of the bindu and it enters the genitals, it is seized by closing the perineum and taken upward. With the tongue directed upwards the knower of yoga drinks the fluid of the moon.

As I’ve written before, when I have an orgasm with my tongue pressing against the Tenth Gate sealing off one of the nostril’s turbinate areas, I feel the orgasm taking place right at the Tenth Gate. There are muscle spasms in my penis but no ejaculation takes place. This causes the entire Turbinate area including my Nasal Septum to become extremely sensitive and I have to lower my tongue back into my mouth.

I hope somebody finds value in my ramblings.

This thread seems to turn into a lecture instead of people freely expressing their thoughts on the question “[I]am I suppose to continue doing spinal breathing (Kriyas) or the 20 Kriyas in Satyananda’s book or should I just spend the time meditating in the breathless state?[/I]”.
I think its time to move the offtopic matter into seperate threads.

First things first, I erroneously wrote that the Sympathetic Nervous System flows into the left nostril and the Parasympathetic Nervous System flows into the right nostril. It is the exact opposite. There is so much misinformation out there and I feel deeply ashamed for contributing to it. I just learned about this and copied a website that had the wrong information.

What contributed to my confusion was reading on Wikipedia that the Parasympathetic Nervous System was responsible for the feed and breed response. I distinctly remember Satyananda saying in a Satsang that it is best to have the right nostril flowing during sex and so I thought the right nostril was the Parasympathetic Nervous System. After realizing my mistake I went back and read what Satyananda said and he said the male should have the right nostril flowing and the female should have the left nostril flowing during sex. At first blush I thought that seems boring that the man is in the Fight or Flight mode (active) and the female is in the Rest and Digest (Feed and Breed) mode (passive) but the polarity is what is important.

From a yogic standpoint, this is not that important because when either Nadi is dominant, it brings about body consciousness. Both Nadis must be balanced for spiritual growth to take place. But for the average Joe who is just living his life, you will find that it is better to eat a big meal when the left nostril is flowing and do intense physical activity when the right nostril is flowing.

While surfing the net I found this bit of wisdom:

Yoga texts, both ancient and modern, tell us that the two nostrils have different energy potentials - [B]the left nostril gives the incoming air a negative charge as it enters the body while the right nostril gives it a positive charge. [/B]

Energy passing through the right nostril is said to travel in the “solar” channel, pingala. Energy passing through the left nostril is described as traveling along a lunar channel, ida. Sun and moon, male and female, active and receptive, rational and intuitive, contracting and relaxing, hot and cool, rigid and fluid—these and other pairs of opposites are captured in the archetypes of the two channels of breath.

I’ve read many times the body runs a little hotter when the right nostril is flowing. This made me pull out my Swara Yoga book to see if I missed this as this is news to me and I found a few more interesting pieces of information:

From Swara Yoga by Swami Muktibodhananda (Satyananda’s disciple) Page 19:

Swara yoga considers the body as a living magnet. The head is the positive pole and the feet are the negative pole. The energy currents circulate specifically in the region of the spinal column, the base of the spine being the negative pole and the top the positive. [B] This magnetic field creates a constant flow of energies between the two poles in an attempt to equalize the energy circuits.[/B]

Remember when Jesus said you have to make the above like the below? (Gospel of Thomas #22)

From Swara Yoga Page 20:

The presence of positive and negative ions in the system ultimately affects the entire body mechanism. They influence the nervous system, rate of respiration, digestion and regulation of the endocrine system, which in turn influences the way we think and respond to certain situations in life. Therefore, the absorption of positive and negative ions in the air we breathe is an important function of the respiratory system.

The book says you can’t equate negative ions in the air to the negative charge the nostril puts on the incoming prana but this makes me question if living right above the ocean where the waves crash on the rocks below somehow aided in my awakening providing an environment rich in negative ions. Fresh mountain air is also full of negative ions.

From Swara Yoga Page 24:

Swara yoga explains that the two major energy circuits, Ida and Pingala, can be regulated and controlled by means of the breath. If these currents are not flowing properly, it becomes quite evident in the breath. [B]Electro-nasographic research has shown charges of electrical potential emitted from the nasal mucous membrane and these charges are generally unequal. It is believed that these charges alter in relation to one’s psychophysiological state.[/B] In direct connection with swara yoga, we can say there seems to be a relationship between the air passing through the left nostril and electromagnetic currents passing along the left side of the vertebral column and conversely, the relationship between breathing through the right nostril and electromagnetic currents passing along the right side of the vertebral column. This is very important in Swara yoga because Ida, the negative channel, emanates and terminates on the left side, and Pingala, the positive channel, emanates and terminates on the right side . [B]So if there is disturbance in the rhythm or cycles of the breath, there is likely to be some imbalance in the whole body system.[/B]

When you reach the breathless state and the prana starts coming from the Muladhara Chakra instead of the incoming air, these systems get powered down. This explains why I was so insistent with Suhas saying my mind keeps stopping every time my breath stops. The prana originating from the Muladhara wouldn’t have the polarity of the prana coming from whichever nostril is currently open thus less vibration and thought. The electricity coming in from the senses and the internal organs are then the only thing powering up the mind.

From Swara Yoga Page 26:

At the highest and most subtle level of vibration, energy manifests as pure consciousness. As the rate of vibration decreases, it appears to be pure energy, and finally it solidifies into matter. In the reverse order, matter can be transformed into energy, and energy into consciousness.

[B]The mind is considered as a form of matter which operates at a higher energy level or rate of vibration. The more mind is absorbed in the physical world, the grosser it becomes and the less the consciousness or awareness can function.[/B]

Be still and know that I am GOD!

From Swara Yoga Page 27:

Matter, energy and consciousness are convertible and reconvertible. This is the basic principle of tantra and modern science. Physics defines matter as a combination of trillions of particles, molecules, atoms and subatoms. The difference between each mass is in the arrangement and vibration of the particles. If you change these factors, the mass also changes form.

For example, in a block of ice the particles are closely packed together and vibrate slowly. If you heat the ice, it turns into liquid. The particles move away from each other and begin to vibrate more quickly. When you apply more heat, the water becomes vapour and the particles move further apart, vibrating at greater speed. The ice changes its form but still the basic chemical elements remain the same. Similarly, yoga considers pure consciousness to be the basic element that manifests in the various forms of creation.

From Swara Yoga Page 29:

Within bindu exist two poles of energy – one positive and the other negative, and at the nucleus is matter. The positive pole represents consciousness or Shiva and can be equated with time. The negative pole represents prana or Shakti and can be equated with space. As long as Shiva and Shakti are together, dormant, there is no movement, no spark, no creation. But as soon as the split takes place and these two forces are separated into positive and negative poles, they begin to interact upon each other. At this point the two poles start to proceed towards each other and eventually they connect at the nucleus.

Time and space have first to be separated before they can meet. When these two forces – time and space, Shiva and Shakti – come together again, a great explosion takes place and the nucleus of matter bursts into trillions of fragments which form the nebulae of creation. These nebulae vibrate at such an incredible speed and velocity that they emanate ultrasonic waves and light. This is the first manifestation of cosmic prana, which is represented by the cosmic body. Thus in the process of creation and evolution, we have two definite aspects before us – cosmic mind and cosmic prana.

[B]Swara yoga equates Shakti and Shiva with prana and chitta (consciouness), which manifest in the body as the two nadis, Pingala and Ida. [/B]In Samkhya philosophy they are known as prakriti and purusha, in Taoism as yin and yang. Theses are the two forces which uphold the universe and spark off the entire creation.

When you have a sensory experience, the electricity flows through two different systems in the body, the Parasympathetic Nervous System (Ida) and the Sympathetic Nervous System (Pingala). The Ida Nadi is responsible for telling you what you are experiencing. The Pingala Nadi is responsible for the Fight or Flight response and so it can’t waste time trying to figure out what it is you are experiencing because it could possibly be life threatening. The Pingala puts the electrical sensation through the catalog of sensations that you’ve already experienced and if deemed to be threatening, immediately takes the appropriate bodily response. It is the reconciliation of these two signals that come from the same experience that causes thought or vibration (positive vs negative). Think about how your body reacts when it hears a loud noise. There are two reactions. One primes the body for action while waiting for instructions. If there is pain involved, the Sympathetic Nervous System withdraws from the source before getting instructions from the Parasympathetic System. As long as the Ajna Chakra is not open, you will experience the world through these two systems that bring about body consciousness.

From Swara Yoga Page 33:

In swara yoga it is said that if you absorb your concentration in the breath and prana, you realize that you are the breath and the body is the manifestation of that breath and consciousness. So the question arises - “Who am I”

I now know why Lahiri keeps repeating how important the breathless state is in his 108 pieces of advice – The unbalanced breath is the greatest cause of energy inequality in the body. It supplies the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic systems with unequal amounts of energy creating grosser vibrations and thus thought. Trying to meditate with unbalanced breath is like trying to meditate with somebody grabbing your shoulders and shaking you. What’s the point? You can’t relax and no prana is going up the Sushumna. I guess you could say you’re gaining flexibility sitting. ( I know that I’ve posted this several times but I myself have probably read it 108 times):

http://www.sanskritclassics.com/advent.htm

1. The transcendence of inhaling and exhaling is called Kebala Kumbhaka.
  2. If one moves the breath [practices Pranayam] always, breath ceases and becomes tranquil, sthira.
  3. When one has attained the tranquil Breath, then, for him, the only work which remains is to hold onto the state of tranquility always.
  4. It is difficult to express the state when the breath becomes tranquil, Sthira.
  5. When the breath is tranquil day and night, then, one realizes the real state of Rama Mantra.
  6. When the breath is tranquil, it is the state of Kumbhaka. When one sees Oneself, it is called Brahmajnana, “the Knowledge of Brahma, the ultimate Self.”
  7. There is no need to breath in or out. It is a much happier state; tranquility is there; this is Brahma.
  8. Kriya practice brings divine wealth, that is, Sthirattva, the state of Tranquility.
  9. Tranquil Moment beyond breath is Allah, that is, the House of Tranquility.
  10. Exhaust your breath in practicing Kriya. Eventually breath will be Sthira, Tranquil.

The more I learn, the more I realize how important Kechari is. As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas:

#106 Jesus said, “[B]When you make the two one, you will become the sons of man[/B], and when you say, ‘Mountain, move away,’ it will move away.”

For a Kundalini aspirant, your spiritual progress is dependent on how much time you spend per day with your Nadis balanced! Have you balanced your Nadis today?

[QUOTE=sqz;85617]This thread seems to turn into a lecture instead of people freely expressing their thoughts on the question “[I]am I suppose to continue doing spinal breathing (Kriyas) or the 20 Kriyas in Satyananda’s book or should I just spend the time meditating in the breathless state?[/I]”.
I think its time to move the offtopic matter into seperate threads.[/QUOTE]

Off topic? This thread has always been about what I practice, have experienced, learned from my practice and reading and what I think I should practice in the future. The question should I continue spinal breathing or just meditate in the breathless state was correctly answered by Lavendar within 24 hours of the thread’s inception:

The breathless state certainly powers down the mind eliminating most of the polarity imbalance caused by the unequal breath, but it does not completely shut it down. There is still a slight amount of air coming in from the vacuum created by the carbon dioxide leaving the body on its own through the open Nadi. You must balance the Nadis (Make the two one) to make the prana move up the Sushumna through the Brahma Nadi. Then what little air that enters the nose from the vacuum created by the carbon dioxide leaving will have a balanced polarity. Practicing Kriya breaths with the Sushumna flowing is how you clear up the Nadis, Sushumna and Chakras.

As Yogananda wrote:

Twenty-four hours of prayer or meditation by any other technique (except Kriya Yoga) will not produce as much spiritual advancement as one hour practice of Hong-Sau. Likewise, it would take twenty-four hours of deep Hong-Sau practice to produce the same spiritual result gained from one hour of Kriya Yoga.

1 hour of Kriya Yoga = ~ 576 hours of normal meditation

I want to add.
The sympathetic and parasympathetic are ganglia.
The vagus nerve comes out of the brain, meshes with the spinal bulb, then splits.
One half runs down the left neck, the other half running down the right side.they are then known as sympathetic/parasympathetic.

Now keep with me.
Both these sets of nerves connect to the carotid arteries in the neck.
The blood flow in the carotid arteries are heavily effected by breathing " when their is no nostril resistance, the sound of breathing is created by the throat, meaning their is resistance in the throat, meaning stimulation".

To be short. Stimulate the blood flow in either carotid art are and you stimulate the nerve attached ;).
Those two nerve systems heavily attach.

Any breathing you do stimulates them, unless you breath with no resistance/sound.

Ah! As well. One carotid arterie is always dominated stimulated.
Breath at the nostrils, the chest, the belly, don’t matter. The sound, the resistance, the stimulation is throat oriented.

I experienced kundalini after one day of practice.
It is not directly what I seek.
But I am taking a break from what I seek.
I am retesting my method for kundalini.
I’ll let you know the results.
I will be simply making sure both arteries are equally stimulated. No alternating. Just simultaneous stimulation.
Think of it like a jacobs ladder. A spark gap.
Anode and cathode. Relaxed upon waking or going back to sleep "semi trance state"
With right conditions, Snap! Intense electrical like pressure in spine/whole body, Soon as reaching head if not already their, I pop out of body fully conscious.
Anyway. A theory coupled with a tad of personal experiance.

An yes, I apologize for any misinformation I have put out their as well.
I have said some wrong things when concerning what I seek.

Ah see. I apologize.
I know the vagus and spinal nerve have some sort of connection.
It may simply be the medulla.
I will have to look in my greys anatomy book.
Albiet I take back what I said about the vagus connecting with the spinal bulb.

Though the vagus nerve does connect to carotid arteries and jugular veins.
An is easily stimulated. I believe even pressing on the neck stimulates them.
Their is no other place on the body where these nerves are so easily influenced."all other spots are covered by bone, organs, thick flesh.

I realy like to know how to induce inner heat from relaxed breathing in khechari mudra.
Hatha yoga pradipika states that it will happen. But something like this happens only when the nose is blocked by the tongue in the highest stage. i would like to know how long to breath in and out (heart beats or seconds) to experience the heat. Many people talk about it, but not clear enough for the green light. In tummo there is visualization (which i dont like to perform), uddiyana bandha (agni-sara and nauli), and ujjayi (kriya pranayama if performed in khechari mudra). Ujjayi is my favorite choise. In kriya pranayama you are not allowed to hold the breath which is fine by me. When is the inner heat egnited with ujjayi (in khechari mudra)? And how is it possible that heat is produced by simply slowing the breath in ujjayi? For the record i have no guru. I believe my guru will appear when the time is right. In the mean time, there is no time to waste. I will not wait untill my guru appears to me while i know full well that the real guru comes from within and is the cause of everything happening in my life including asking these question that will ultimately lead to self realization.

I have one question for you umunhum
The tenth gate where is it located for you, is it below the skull or do you have to go within one of the openings to find its location. Is it the secret spot that triggers inner sexuality or is it the tenth gate. Is it indeed the same location (where the secret spot was located)?